Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

What's your PSN?

I don't think I have yours either?

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:

Typical GBS posted:

Joined online last night and headed to the airport only to be be greeted by the most acrobatic blimp wreaking poo poo with missiles, while getting chased by hydras and lazers.. was pretty funny to watch.

Vapid Radius is not bad either, can climb quite well

What Cock* doesn't realize is that their self proclaimed vision for GTAO (if you can even call it a vision) is poo poo and they should just let people create their own fun, because games are supposed to be fun. heh

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kelly posted:

What's your PSN?

It's me, your best friend Otiosely

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yes...we are indeed PSN pals. All this time, I didn't know your forums name. :downs:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Me and Cypher used to do races with you on PS3

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Dryer Lint posted:

What Cock* doesn't realize is that their self proclaimed vision for GTAO (if you can even call it a vision) is poo poo and they should just let people create their own fun, because games are supposed to be fun. heh

whoa man

it's just a game

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

I just want "free roam" to be free, man! Stop shackling me down with a bunch of dos and don'ts!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Asmodai_00 posted:

whoa man

it's just a game

Shh, let him go, maybe he'll be next to have a meltdown.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

mutata posted:

Shh, let him go, maybe he'll be next to have a meltdown.

Why hasnt the other guy posted yet

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goons, why are you such big mean jerk bullies? :(

And why must you rob money from R* with your illegitmate hacking that ruins things for hard working grindaholics?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

theguybro posted:

Me and Cypher used to do races with you on PS3

I have fond memories of loitering on the side of Mt. Chiliad while JohnnysBad attempted to base jump into us repeatedly

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:

Asmodai_00 posted:

whoa man

it's just a game

Thanks I really forgot there for a minute. Man I almost flew off the handle for reals that time.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

theguybro posted:

Why hasnt the other guy posted yet

Hey, your planes that you rain down in game follow me into races and occasionally get in my way, it's pretty funny.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I have fond memories of loitering on the side of Mt. Chiliad while JohnnysBad attempted to base jump into us repeatedly

Man, good poo poo :)

Where the hell's Johnny been anyways? You're the only dude who I've seen on PS3 after a while that still played before PC release.

lol we did a whole lot of stupid poo poo with that dude and loginwastaken and them.

oh actually! I remember playing with loginwastaken before the game came out on PC

theguybro fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 17, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

mutata posted:

Hey, your planes that you rain down in game follow me into races and occasionally get in my way, it's pretty funny.

Seriously? do people ever say anything?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

theguybro posted:

Seriously? do people ever say anything?

i hear people talking about it on tweetbook

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

mutata posted:

As an Xboner, the whole not having to deal with hacking craziness is something I generally like (and my frugal tastes in cars means free money isn't an issue for me either).

But the thought of planes raining down from the sky and potentially other random crazy poo poo happening mid race, like Burnout or something, makes me kinda jealous. :(

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's happened only a few times, and they were smaller groups and no one said anything. Either it's only client-side or they were just too busy racing and too used to weird poo poo going on.

I've heard they carry over to singleplayer if you switch out too.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

StevoMcQueen posted:

As an Xboner, the whole not having to deal with hacking craziness is something I generally like (and my frugal tastes in cars means free money isn't an issue for me either).

But the thought of planes raining down from the sky and potentially other random crazy poo poo happening mid race, like Burnout or something, makes me kinda jealous. :(

I don't even know how, we play 10/12 simulator in freeroam and it somehow transfers over to races I don't even know!!!!!

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

theguybro posted:

Man, good poo poo :)

Where the hell's Johnny been anyways? You're the only dude who I've seen on PS3 after a while that still played before PC release.

lol we did a whole lot of stupid poo poo with that dude and loginwastaken and them.

oh actually! I remember playing with loginwastaken before the game came out on PC

I've chosen to believe that he tragically died, as I do with everyone who vanishes from the internet. I thought you were dead until you came back recently to discuss Rockstar and their penises.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

mutata posted:

It's happened only a few times, and they were smaller groups and no one said anything. Either it's only client-side or they were just too busy racing and too used to weird poo poo going on.

I've heard they carry over to singleplayer if you switch out too.

Can confirm, I've had them follow me into singleplayer before. New sessions, too. It's pretty surreal :v:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Kelly posted:

What's your PSN?

I don't think I have yours either?

Scyro- uh, I mean ElJebus0

Others are welcome to add me, too.

Also, is one of you cboogied? Sent a friend request but didn't mention SA and wasn't playing with me at the time.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I've chosen to believe that he tragically died, as I do with everyone who vanishes from the internet. I thought you were dead until you came back recently to discuss Rockstar and their penises.

I did die for like a year.

Why dont you have this on PC?

Dude, my and Cypher used to argue about how your name is pronounced so how is Otiosely pronounced

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
So as a stupid newbie, am I just being dumb or is it really stupid that the way you earn upgrades to your cars is to win races, in which you will be racing against people who already have the upgrades to their cars. Is it really a case of "keep losing repeatedly until you find a group of people who are completely incompetent"? Or am I just really loving bad at racing.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

QwertyAsher posted:

So as a stupid newbie, am I just being dumb or is it really stupid that the way you earn upgrades to your cars is to win races, in which you will be racing against people who already have the upgrades to their cars. Is it really a case of "keep losing repeatedly until you find a group of people who are completely incompetent"? Or am I just really loving bad at racing.

Join one of the goon groups and or ask if anyone is willing to trade races with you. other than that, try and get races with custom cars disabled I guess. Your only other option is get really good at driving/hope everyone else is terrible.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

QwertyAsher posted:

I mean, you MIGHT be bad (I sure am), but you basically hit the nail on the head. You need to find someone on your platform willing to trade races with you in order to get you the wins you need. I'd bet that is how most people got there.

It's hard to get the wins with pubbies. It's not that they cheat, but they're really lovely about racing dirty which can be tough if you're new to the game. That coupled with their car upgrades will make it difficult.

What platform are you?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone who owns a Vapid Peyote want to help me spawn one? On PC.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Kelly posted:

I mean, you MIGHT be bad (I sure am), but you basically hit the nail on the head. You need to find someone on your platform willing to trade races with you in order to get you the wins you need. I'd bet that is how most people got there.

It's hard to get the wins with pubbies. It's not that they cheat, but they're really lovely about racing dirty which can be tough if you're new to the game. That coupled with their car upgrades will make it difficult.

What platform are you?

Why would you even race with custom vehicles, catch up and slip stream on?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Not to get all scryon about it but you don't need to trade race wins. I earned mine by simply being the host and turning off custom cars. A few people whine about it, most don't. A lot of people running GTA race playlists genuinely like the racing game and don't care what car you put them in. This is one part of gta:o that rockstar didn't amazingly screw up.

Yeah also catchup and slipstream. A pox on your children if you actually like those features.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
On the other hand, once you get enough wins for something like turbo on a Carbonizzare and get pretty decent you can really take the large majority of the player base to school, which is really cathartic for all those times you've been rammed off the road by some rear end in a top hat.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Kelly posted:

What platform are you?

PC. I don't understand enough about the matchmaking system to race without custom vehicles or anything else like that.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It depends on why you're racing, though. if you're racing because you enjoy that aspect, it might be worth slogging it. But I wanted race wins for car dress-up barbies so I race traded that poo poo ASAP.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

theguybro posted:

Why dont you have this on PC?

YOU WILL NOT TAKE OTES FROM ME U WHORE

Some of us just like playing on consoles. We all know the pros that come with playing on PC, you get awesome mods, better graphics, and cheaper games.

The pros of playing on console include not having to find workarounds, not needing to buy a new video card every 2-3 years, and (in my case) not having to shell out for a new computer in the first place.

Also gently caress kbam

QwertyAsher posted:

PC. I don't understand enough about the matchmaking system to race without custom vehicles or anything else like that.

It's pretty self-explanatory. You host the race, then go to the option that says custom vehicles and turn it off. No spells or runes required, just a menu item that's presented before every race.

titties fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 17, 2015

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
If you host the race there is simply a toggle for custom vehicles along with things like catchup and slipstream (which you should also turn off). If you aren't, the only control you have is relentless peer pressure. Out the power to find another match.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Not to get all scryon about it but you don't need to trade race wins. I earned mine by simply being the host and turning off custom cars. A few people whine about it, most don't. A lot of people running GTA race playlists genuinely like the racing game and don't care what car you put them in. This is one part of gta:o that rockstar didn't amazingly screw up.

Yeah also catchup and slipstream. A pox on your children if you actually like those features.

Trading wins is the quickest way, for sure. But your way is a lot more fun. Catch up is the absolute worst thing in this game and really what allows people to act like assholes during the race.

QwertyAsher posted:

Host a race, and all of the options are there on the lobby screen. It'll just invite randoms from the lobby or "by skill" (which means nothing). You can turn off customs on the lobby screen and people don't pay attention to that half the time anyway.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 17, 2015

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like catchup/slipstream is pretty much mandatory if you're doing a contact race, or some gently caress just PITs you the first chance he gets and disappears into the sunset never to be seen again.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Praseodymi posted:

I feel like catchup/slipstream is pretty much mandatory if you're doing a contact race, or some gently caress just PITs you the first chance he gets and disappears into the sunset never to be seen again.

The trick is to be that gently caress.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

There are some paint jobs tied to slipstreams too, fyi.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Praseodymi posted:

When there's not catch-up / slipstream then the key is to be in front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Praseodymi posted:

I pitted the fool

• Locked thread