Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Update: 10/28/2015 Batman: Arkham Knight has returned to Steam. It still probably doesn't work.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's back on Steam.

quote:

Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[http://www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

The next Batman installment, Batman: Arkham Knight, is out NOW for current gen consoles. It is also returning to PC on October 28th, 2015. It's more Batman and you all know the score by now. The game takes place after the events of Arkham City so prepare for spoilers if you haven't finished that yet.

Wikipedia posted:

...the game's main storyline follows Batman as he confronts the Scarecrow, who has launched an attack on Gotham City, causing a city-wide evacuation. Aided by the mysterious Arkham Knight, an original character created for the game, the Scarecrow unites Batman's greatest foes in a plot to finally kill the Dark Knight. The game is presented from the third-person perspective with a primary focus on Batman's combat and stealth abilities, detective skills, and gadgets that can be used in both combat and exploration. Arkham Knight also introduces the Batmobile as a playable vehicle, which can be used for transportation or combat. The game expands Batman's arsenal of gadgets and combat attacks and offers a more open world structure, allowing the player to complete side missions away from the primary storyline.

This post only has like a 50,000 character limit or something so that's not enough to cover all of the DLC, season pass, and pre-order DLC for this game. I encourage you to investigate them on your own if you are so inclined. Some notables that may be worth mentioning are playing as Harley (pre-order), playing as Red Hood (Gamestop pre-order) and playing as Batgirl (season pass), as well as the usual abundance of skins, batmobile skins, races, and challenge maps. Season Pass owners will eventually receive any retailer specific DLC once it has left its exclusivity window later this year. Here is a list of what has been released so far and what is coming up http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/NEWS-Full-Season-Pass-Content-Revealed/td-p/836047

Arkham Knight is rated M by the ESRB (whereas the others were T) for blood, suggestive themes, violence, and language including use of the word 'gobshite'.

Gotham is Mine Trailer (Youtube)
All Who Follow You Trailer (Youtube)
Batmobile Gameplay (Youtube)
E3 Gameplay Trailer (Youtube)
Firefly Gameplay Demo (Youtube)

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Harley is pre-order AGAIN? God drat it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Op needs more joker pics.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
here's a video of the first few minutes of the game that they showed off at Sony's E3 conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AME_nWcbSP8

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kin posted:

Op needs more joker pics.

CharlestonJew posted:

here's a video of the first few minutes of the game that they showed off at Sony's E3 conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AME_nWcbSP8

Yeah, I should toss this up there in the OP

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 17, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
What are the odds of Bat-Mite ending up in this game?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I suppose its a testament to the awfulness of comic book/video game writing that even after Rocksteady makes a trailer that specifically shows the Joker being cremated, I still don't believe he's not going to turn out to be the secret villain.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I play these games to beat up thugs and super villains with bat-gadgets, who cares about the plot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Hefe posted:

I play these games to beat up thugs and super villains with bat-gadgets, who cares about the plot.

:agreed:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
These games have a plot?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

El Hefe posted:

Don't forget sitting on a rooftop, brooding over which bat-gadget to use to beat up the thugs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

These games have a plot?

It's a beautiful unrequited love story about batman's fists and criminal's faces.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I wanna drive the batmocar into criminals

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ahundredbux posted:

I wanna drive the batmocar into criminals

I'm gonna knock a dude out then burn out the Batmobile on his unconscious body. non-lethally

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm gonna knock a dude out then burn out the Batmobile on his unconscious body. non-lethally

The wheels are made of incredibly soft pillows.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

iGestalt posted:

The wheels are made of incredibly soft pillows.

Since they're all so tired. From the fighting, you see.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You'll never guess who was confirmed as the main villain of the Batgirl DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PX1Lca-_NY

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 17, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

1stGear posted:

I suppose its a testament to the awfulness of comic book/video game writing that even after Rocksteady makes a trailer that specifically shows the Joker being cremated, I still don't believe he's not going to turn out to be the secret villain.

Yeah, a big plot point of the last two games was that the Joker was either impersonating someone else or someone else was impersonating the Joker, so showing a body being cremated basically means nothing at this point.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can I change my skin before the post game for once?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Harlock posted:

Can I change my skin before the post game for once?

Yea, and the cutscenes are in engine so they show up there

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CharlestonJew posted:

This guy gets it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have no problem with this at all.

HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A flight of stairs? Trampolines? Slam-Dunk contests?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

precision posted:

I have no problem with this at all.

Yeah, that just makes sense for a Batgirl DLC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

90% of my gametime is going to be spent listening to thugs banter.

I have no problem with this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, they said it's a prequel and that's The Batgirl Story People Know.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Kind of dissapointed that Batgirl's DLC is the only one with a hefty amount of achievements.

The Red Hood one aside of confirming is a retread of the original story (and maybe suggesting a Batman boss fight) just gave a huge push at the idea of Jason being the Arkham Knight. Whether it happens before or after the main story the whole thing just fits with his MO

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I imagine that Batgirl is the only significant piece of DLC out of those three. I think it's supposed to be a mini-campaign like Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold Cold Heart.

I'm willing to bet that the Harley and Red Hood DLCs are going to have very minimal story components and be mostly for challenge rooms, like the character DLCs for City.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harley Quinn and Red Hood having "Initiation" style DLC sounds about right.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Mar 3, 2009

Scientists have ascertained that there may be as many as... 24 stars in the cosmos
Looks loving dope really. I loved that E3 gameplay bit...Wonder if there will be more sections like that?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Well, you goons finally convinced me, and I dropped the cash for a PS4 so I could play this. I guess I probably could have gotten it on Steam, but A: I'm used to PS controls, B: I'm sure I'd eventually get a PS4 anyway, and C: Exclusive Scarecrow maps!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Reposting this Firefly demo since it's not in the OP post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuIs3zp9Wc

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 18, 2015

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
I just pre-ordered the premium edition on PSN. This Batman theme it gives you turns all the font and icons red, which I think is ugly as gently caress.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Veotax posted:

I imagine that Batgirl is the only significant piece of DLC out of those three. I think it's supposed to be a mini-campaign like Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold Cold Heart.

I'm willing to bet that the Harley and Red Hood DLCs are going to have very minimal story components and be mostly for challenge rooms, like the character DLCs for City.

Yeah, Batgirl is the only one that's actually costing you money through the Season Pass so it's probably going to have a big content disparity.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Side Quest possible spoilers.

Black Mask and Man Bat are appear to be villains fought in side missions.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 18, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

U shouldnt spoil that for everyone dude =P

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I only found out today that Black Mask is at the beginning of City... I already knew about Deadshot, Az, and Hush, but wtf.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mogomra posted:

I only found out today that Black Mask is at the beginning of City... I already knew about Deadshot, Az, and Hush, but wtf.

I always notice at least one new thing every time I replay an Arkham game

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mogomra posted:

I was sad Scruffy didn't show it off in his LP, but if you mess with Riddler's stuff before he kidnaps Cash and the others, he'll call you stupid and tell you to come back later.

Or to go to the church if you do it after Cash is kidnapped but before starting the sidequest officially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mogomra posted:

There is even some interesting tidbits you can find around about him. Like why he is just now going to prison. He was a major prisoner but with Firefly and his gangs help managed to become the first villain to break out of Arkham City. The scene with him being beaten up is after he was recaptured.

He was apparently a major player in the prison prior to his breakout. Holding a gang on par with Joker's or Penguins. You can hear a thug conversation about how Black Mask is probably going to start establishing himself in Arkham City and that they should join up with him, saying Black Mask treats his goons much better then Joker or Penguin. After Joker's death the majority was said to have defected to Black Mask. (Which has a DLC mission involving his 2nd escape attempt.)

• Locked thread