Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hazdoc posted:

Is this an SK claim, then?

What? I don't even know how you came to this conclusion.

I do not like Betrayer's play. It's his typical scum play.
I still don't like SSV's play either. He's my candidate for today.

##vote SSV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
##unvote

Explain your vote better dgk please

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

MC Eating Disorder posted:

##unvote

Explain your vote better dgk please

Sure, give me a few minutes to pull relevant quotes.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Specifications why do you like vines better than jedit

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
*specifically

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to sleep now, if I don't wake up lynched I will respond to whatever relevant quotes against me are being pulled up.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Could lynch one and take down the other if we get it wrong.

Chain lynch suggestion. Not necessarily scummy, maybe new stupid.

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote Jedit Still not sure which of the two are scum, but leaning towards Jedit and I don't want another nolynch day.

Starts on Jedit, who is making himself fairly suspect.

SirSamVimes posted:

Well if Jedit turns out to be scum, at least we know who's defending him most ardently.

Hedges his vote.

SirSamVimes posted:

So either CapitalistPig is scum or Gridlocked/Quandary are. Claiming duo masons as scum is stupid because if one of you gets outed, you've just thrown your friend to the wolves and CapitalistPig claimed Miller/Mason Recruiter so I'm more inclined to believe Grdilocked/Quandary.

This insight into claiming with the masons is a bit too on the nose for someone who said they were scared of all the terminology, and had issues comprehending the cop/miller roles on D1. This is really big to me, because it shows a level of understanding of the game much deeper than any newbie I've seen. It's like someone explained it to him, and he was all proud and wanted to look cool by posting it.

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait, can one group of masons be of different alignments? I never considered this possibility. Or even the possibilty that a mason could be scum at all.

If being both masons but different alignments is impossible, I wouldn't recommend lynching one. Either they're both scum, or neither are.

If being both masons but different alignments is possible... I'm not sure. Quandary seems to be making a bit more of an effort to scumhunt, so if you put a gun to my head and told me to vote for one it'd be Gridlocked. As is, I don't feel inclined to vote either of them though.

This directly contradicts his understanding from the previous quote. Something here doesn't feel right. He totally forgot how to play?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm still inclined to think that either Jedit or MC is scum from how they're both competing to control the discourse against each other.

Hey look, Jedit is still a possible target and now so is MCED. He literally said this same thing earlier, but this time he plugged MCED into the second slot against Jedit.

SirSamVimes posted:

Because he wasn't posting? This isn't exactly a large leap of logic to make.

This is in reference to when I asked how he knew DScruff wasn't around. Just because he isn't posting doesn't mean he's around. Saying he isn't around, coupled with the earlier point I made about the clarity of the mason post, feels to me like he actually knew for a fact that DS wasn't around. Add DS to the list of people I'm interested in.

SirSamVimes posted:

I honestly feel like the "I'm a miller no I'm a vigilante no I'm a scum hahaha" shtick is just trying to get nobody to take him seriously with regards to anything, and put him under the radar with regards to being scum. I'm going to join in on this.

##vote taste

This was a poor reason to vote taste, TT had done other scummy poo poo. This just seems like looking for a justification to vote someone you know isn't scum.

SirSamVimes posted:

I wasn't saying it was universal, but if most games have that policy or you have experience with jake's games that makes it a good way to shift suspicion away.

This is my first forums mafia game. I've played some real time mafia games, but it's a hella different dynamic when everything you say is there for everyone to see forever.

Second line. This is baby's first scum game.

SirSamVimes posted:

Well that was unexpected.

No, I don't think it was for SSV. On D1 he wanted a no lynch so the lowest post count player would get "sniped".

SirSamVimes posted:

Well, I'm going to follow Quandary just because we don't have anything else going on so far today. ##vote Jedit

Absolution for his vote. Blindly following other players as a justification for voting is both BS and scummy.

SirSamVimes posted:

"reverse miller" was completely a joke, and "maybe everyone is scum" was part making fun of how many miller claims we had, and part pointing out it is possible. Also side note, you know something weird? Despite all our miller claims, we have noone claiming sheriff.

I'm trying to follow the flow of the game, but as I've mentioned I am new to forums mafia and trying to get a hang on reading people who make carefully constructed posts. Every mafia game I have played until now has been real time, which results in much less carefully thought out posts. This has resulted in me not thinking my posts as much as I should, and casual thrown out statements are now being used to indict me.

I'm not using casual statements. No, town players aren't so self-conscious about what they post. Scum really have to think out their posts. This is scummy as hell.

SirSamVimes posted:

I honestly think a paranoid gun owner is most likely, seeing as one of the people who died was a blind wandering fool.

SirSamVimes posted:

The games I've played haven't had scum PGO as a possibility. I was actually wondering if that was possible, because WWM said that the BWF visited scruffy on the day he died, and scruffy is claiming no knowledge of such visit. So maybe he's a scum PGO?

...Yeah no. I don't think SSV seriously thinks this.

So there you have it. I absolutely think this is scum play, and have leveled my vote as such.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Oh, and Illuen is probably the SK assuming we have one. (We probably do)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Woah dgk that's a lot of words thank you I will look at them in a minute

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ducking lmao at the last paragraph of that long post tho but I promise I will asssss the e tire post seriously soon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DGK2000 posted:

Oh, and Illuen is probably the SK assuming we have one. (We probably do)

Illuen is BP, though?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jedit posted:

Illuen is BP, though?

why is that a problem for an SK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jedit posted:

Illuen is BP, though?

Never seen an SK get a 1 shot BP? Especially in larger games.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yo DGK ok I read all that but can you explain to me in really simple words as if you were explaining it to a child why vimes is ab etter lynch than jedit today

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Never seen an SK get a 1 shot BP? Especially in larger games.

I've not played many games with SKs, thankfully. The one time I was an SK I didn't have BP, but that was only 13 players. The other time I got killed by it early and stopped following the thread out of annoyance.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jedit posted:

I've not played many games with SKs, thankfully. The one time I was an SK I didn't have BP, but that was only 13 players. The other time I got killed by it early and stopped following the thread out of annoyance.

Generally happens in larger games to keep them in balance since their goal is harder.

yo DGK ok I read all that but can you explain to me in really simple words as if you were explaining it to a child why vimes is ab etter lynch than jedit today

Because looking at both Jedit and SSV while not being you, Jedit is absolutely less scummy. Actually, not really scummy. I could have seen him as an SK days ago, when I said as much, but otherwise he's pretty town.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
saying someone is less scummy is not a satisfactory response to "why" someone is a better lynch than someone else

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Wow DGK. That is some decent arguments.

Still torn on whether I wanna get Jeddit or not though.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

saying someone is less scummy is not a satisfactory response to "why" someone is a better lynch than someone else

And I feel you're incorrect. If someone is more scummy/likely to be scum, that is absolutely a better lynch.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why is jedit less scummy than vimes though

not just "why is vimes scummy" but why is he MORE scummy than jedit

like you were explaining it to an idiot child please

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

why is jedit less scummy than vimes though

not just "why is vimes scummy" but why is he MORE scummy than jedit

like you were explaining it to an idiot child please

Jedit hasn't said anything inherently scummy or indicative of any sort of knowledge outside of the thread. SSV has said some things that display a great possibility that there has been OOT communication.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Jedit posted:

Kindly explain the reasoning by which you came to the conclusion that anyone who would be mislynched is an SK.

Because he's saying that we will be in LYLO if we lynch him. I still have yet to see any solid info that tells us how many mafia there are, or what 3rd parties, if any, are in the game. If he's saying we'll be in LYLO if we lynch him, it sounds like he knows the setup, or at least how many mafia he is, and he's discounted the possibility of a 3rd party (possibly being it, himself). I'm surprised people jumped down my throat for saying that.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm keeping my vote on Vimes, by the way. If Jedit IS 3rd party like my pet theory has him, then he's better alive than dead right now. Also I still don't like Vimes' posts, they feel off to me, though to be honest, I dislike dscruffy and imgay a lot more. There's too little for me to go on in regards to them. I'm gonna be upset if the mafia this game is a bunch of lurkers.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Everybody in this game is a bunch of lurkers.

In my experience, an SK still loses if the Mafia make up half or more of the town. Normal survivor would win at that point.

All third-party bullshit aside, we have 11 people alive. If you're that scared of LYLO, vote for a no-lynch today: Barring a horrible freak multiple death night, it'd give us another day to go on if we assume four scum, which isn't unreasonable for the game size.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

In my experience, an SK still loses if the Mafia make up half or more of the town. Normal survivor would win at that point.

All third-party bullshit aside, we have 11 people alive. If you're that scared of LYLO, vote for a no-lynch today: Barring a horrible freak multiple death night, it'd give us another day to go on if we assume four scum, which isn't unreasonable for the game size.
:eyepop:

uhh, no

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wasn't necessarily directed towards you, nor do I think it's anything more than stupid.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

We can't No Lynch unless Jake confirms Illuen will be modkilled. If we do and go to MYLO, we would not be able to lynch scum.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

We can't No Lynch unless Jake confirms Illuen will be modkilled. If we do and go to MYLO, we would not be able to lynch scum.

Don't use MYLO. It's a stupid term.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
'Everyone in this game is a bunch of lurkers' - someone who only started playing the game today and still hasn't made a case

##vote jedit

Hazdoc is correct that we don't really want to hit SK today, we want to hit scum but the more I think about it the more I like illuen as an SK anyway. Jedit is being weird and scummy and his claim about jake loving up the flip is a terrible idea as SK, but as scum it makes perfect sense as a way to try and distract town from looking for the rest of the scum team.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So I stopped being scummy for long enough to justify your case against TT, then became scummy again when you had to palm the suspicions of SK off on someone else. Nice.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay, let's see.

DGK2000 posted:

Chain lynch suggestion. Not necessarily scummy, maybe new stupid.

Yeah, this was dumb. I have no excuses.

quote:

Starts on Jedit, who is making himself fairly suspect.

Hedges his vote.

Nothing wrong with trying to be careful.

quote:

This insight into claiming with the masons is a bit too on the nose for someone who said they were scared of all the terminology, and had issues comprehending the cop/miller roles on D1. This is really big to me, because it shows a level of understanding of the game much deeper than any newbie I've seen. It's like someone explained it to him, and he was all proud and wanted to look cool by posting it.

This directly contradicts his understanding from the previous quote. Something here doesn't feel right. He totally forgot how to play?

Here's a misunderstanding. I said I've never played a forums game. I've played a couple of IRL games, and a great many games using the Starcraft II custom map. This map has things like masons and vigilantes and most of the roles, but no Millers. The SC2 map didn't have the capability to run two separate groups of masons, so I was asking if this was a thing that ever happened in forums games.

quote:

Hey look, Jedit is still a possible target and now so is MCED. He literally said this same thing earlier, but this time he plugged MCED into the second slot against Jedit.

Yes, I supposed that one of the two most active people going against each other was scum. Is that unreasonable?

quote:

This is in reference to when I asked how he knew DScruff wasn't around. Just because he isn't posting doesn't mean he's around. Saying he isn't around, coupled with the earlier point I made about the clarity of the mason post, feels to me like he actually knew for a fact that DS wasn't around. Add DS to the list of people I'm interested in.

Okay, this is seriously the most bullshit reason to turn against me. We had been talking about him, and he hadn't been posting. Therefore, I assumed he wasn't around. If you genuinely think "this guy probably isn't around because he isn't posting" is reason to assume someone is scum, I don't even know what to say to you.

quote:

No, I don't think it was for SSV. On D1 he wanted a no lynch so the lowest post count player would get "sniped".

Yes, I wanted a lurker to be purged. Your point?

quote:

Absolution for his vote. Blindly following other players as a justification for voting is both BS and scummy.

That was just the fact that my previous starting a bandwagon got a townie killed which I didn't want to repeat. :(

quote:

I'm not using casual statements. No, town players aren't so self-conscious about what they post. Scum really have to think out their posts. This is scummy as hell.

Apparently town has to think out their posts too, or this happens!

quote:

...Yeah no. I don't think SSV seriously thinks this.

So you think the fact that Obstacle visited someone on the night he died (a two death night, at that) is a red herring?
So there you have it. I absolutely think this is scum play, and have leveled my vote as such.
[/quote]

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Forgot to fix the quote tags and add my ending points. :(

Anyways. If it wasn't for the "How could you know this guy was away?" argument, I would think you well intentioned but misguided. But that argument is so completely bullshit that now I'm suspicious of you.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jedit posted:

So I stopped being scummy for long enough to justify your case against TT, then became scummy again when you had to palm the suspicions of SK off on someone else. Nice.

hey cool you're back to misrepresenting my opinions again, I'm glad to see we're revisiting the classics

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Someone give me a votecount.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Votecount for Day 4

Jedit (5): Quandary, SirSamVimes, dscruffy1, imgay, MC Eating Disorder
SirSamVimes (3): MC Eating Disorder, Hazdoc, Hazdoc, Hazdoc, Jedit, DGK2000, MC Eating Disorder
dscruffy1 (0): Jedit, Jedit

Not Voting (3): Gridlocked, Illuen, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

There are 11 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is June 17th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 48 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Votecount for Day 4

Jedit (5): Quandary, SirSamVimes, dscruffy1, imgay, MC Eating Disorder
SirSamVimes (3): MC Eating Disorder, Hazdoc, Hazdoc, Hazdoc, Jedit, DGK2000, MC Eating Disorder
dscruffy1 (0): Jedit, Jedit

Not Voting (3): Gridlocked, Illuen, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

There are 11 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is June 17th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 49 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pasted from http://votefinder.org/game/heroes-of-the-stormfia#votecount

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So, how many of the scum team are on me? Two, three or all four?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theres 4 scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would assume 4-5, with an 18 player game.

• Locked thread