Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I'm serious, if the Red Heir claims, I have a way we can all lose, which is really the best victory if you think about it.

You want us to lynch both heirs, don't you? You crazy bastard, you'll blow it up!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Total victory, or none at all.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mithross posted:

You want us to lynch both heirs, don't you? You crazy bastard, you'll blow it up!

or wait, no, that's till an assassin win. You game is mysterious to me.

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

I don't know what you want, and I've decided I fear the unknown today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mithross posted:

The plan hinges on us claiming.

I'm Blue Heir. If the Red Heir claims and assassin claim we can secure a no-victory, aka a draw. It's our best chance for victory.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I'm Blue Heir. If the Red Heir claims and assassin claim we can secure a no-victory, aka a draw. It's our best chance for victory.

gently caress you.

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

I'm pretty sure having a heir trueclaim is anti-town so you're either an assassin or a stupid guard or a stupid assassin

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

wall monitor posted:

gently caress you.

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

I'm pretty sure having a heir trueclaim is anti-town so you're either an assassin or a stupid guard or a stupid assassin

What I'm doing has purpose, it'll all come to light soon enough, but rest assured. I am the Blue Heir.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Any blue guard can verify my claim. You don't have to voice it, but you'll know.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I can't think of any way of doing that which wouldn't involve one side being vulnerable to another at some point, at which point betrayal is pretty much a sure thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Just think about it, we can make it so we all lose. There's a way to do it, and I'm offering it to you. No side winning is the best victory IMO, as Blue Heir.

I'm going to take from Mithross and Wall Monitor's reactions that they are red guard or heir, because any blue guard knows that I'm the heir.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Wall Monitor

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'll make you an offer: you get one person, just one, to seriously back you up re: your claim and I'll back my vote off.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This really seems like a failed assassin play ##vote GG

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
if it weren't for the fact that there isn't one in the setup, i would swear gg were a jester. since there isn't, though... ##vote GG

also, funny story, if gg is the dunk today, it will be three games in a row that he and i have played together where he was dunked day 1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, you just hammered him so I'd say that's a good bet

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Shh, no talking after hammer. It's nighttime now.

... oh, wait. Nevermind.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo what just happened.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Opopanax posted:

literally crying from laughing at this irl

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
hey somebody poke Met on Steam

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to have to try and explain to my coworkers why I suddenly just broke down laughing when I should be cooking.

I guess now we'll never know GG's plan. Unless he flips assassin. Then I can probably guess.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
This is funny.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My bad. I was at the movies. :munch:

Ghastly Gangsta was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players (8)
chaoslord
EXAKT Science
imgay
Kleedrac
Mithross
Opopanax
Runaktla
wall monitor

Day 2!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
good job gg you found the assassin
##vote Wall Monitor

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Yea I'll go with that.

##vote Wall Monitor

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

good job gg you found the assassin
##vote Wall Monitor

I was thinking it, and then you said it.

##vote wall monitor

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wait nvm it's still 5 so -2

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hmm...

##unvote

##vote chaoslord

Sup buddy, why so quiet?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Runaktla posted:

Hmm...

##unvote

##vote chaoslord

Sup buddy, why so quiet?

haha what

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Chaoslord hasn't posted in here since he confirmed.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sure ##Vote Wall Monitor

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mithross posted:

Chaoslord hasn't posted in here since he confirmed.

yeah but i think wall monitor is the assassin

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Assassin is probably a lurker, this isn't mafia, "town" if you can call it that doesn't learn too much from flips anyways. You either get a vague "Guard" result, and nobody knows who any of the other guards are, whether friendly or enemy, or an incredibly great result (not my heir or assassin) or horrible result (your heir).

I'm comfortable putting my vote where it is imho not a bad call afaik.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Runaktla posted:

Assassin is probably a lurker, this isn't mafia, "town" if you can call it that doesn't learn too much from flips anyways. You either get a vague "Guard" result, and nobody knows who any of the other guards are, whether friendly or enemy, or an incredibly great result (not my heir or assassin) or horrible result (your heir).

just to be blunt this bolted part is the main reason why lurker lynches are disfavored in mafia... doesn't apply here.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Runaktla posted:

I feel like in this variant of AitP lurking is much less of a tell. Everyone has something to hide, there is no VT who is comfortable putting everything in the open. Everyone needs to hide either what they are or what they know.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even understand GG's gambit, this game is weird.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

wall monitor (3): EXAKT Science, Mithross, Kleedrac
chaoslord (1): Runaktla

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, imgay, Opopanax, wall monitor

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Runaktla posted:

Hmm...

##unvote

##vote chaoslord

Sup buddy, why so quiet?

Forgot to bookmark thread and a long day at work. Caught up and GG was hammered and decided to wait for the flip which happened after I was asleep.

Lurker vote is not the worst tbh. This setup should lend itself to a fun quick game so me having lurked through a lunch is pretty lame. Traveling and meetings will take up a lot of my day today though (Regionals is starting :toot:), full disclosure.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

There were a couple of yall who agree that you think WM is the assassin, can one of yall explain it to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

I'll make you an offer: you get one person, just one, to seriously back you up re: your claim and I'll back my vote off.

this is the post that does it for me.

• Locked thread