Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
gently caress it. Sorry for feeding the wildlife. I'm at the top of the page I guess I might as well post something.

James Woods has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon946
Jun 25, 2005
Hot Hot Lava!

James Woods posted:

You know it occurred to me while writing that post that "Some pedantic motherfucker might dissect this post and argue that the link I posted may be nose specific despite the body jewelry looking similar" I hesitated. I did. Surely nobody would split those kind of hairs while I'm just imparting experience. Alas, I was wrong. The spergs always win.

It's not sperging. Dermal anchors and nose screws are nothing alike and you just gave misinformation (albeit on a topic that doesn't really matter, especially in this thread).

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

artsy fartsy posted:

This is deliciously creepy, do you know what it's from?

Original is from FEWDIO, looks like the other link was a re-host or someone trying to grab credit. Here's the whole channel, got some delightfully creepy stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Fewdiodotcom?videos

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The other link was from the director's own account which has all his other films on it, and your link doesn't work. Well done.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

I know the guy that took that picture

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Big Centipede posted:

Did he survive?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Mogomra posted:

Did he survive?

Don't worry, the centipede is fine.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NonononononononononoNONONONONONO.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Big Centipede posted:

Amazing post/name combo.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Ryoshi posted:

Amazing post/name combo.

They're interesting pets. I think I might have posted pics of some of my own in this thread

Edit: must have been last thread

Big Centipede has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Jun 17, 2015

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hi, Matilda!

http://www.neatorama.com/2015/06/13/Meet-Matilda-the-Cat-with-Mysterious-Alien-Eyes/

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Ozz81 posted:

Original is from FEWDIO, looks like the other link was a re-host or someone trying to grab credit. Here's the whole channel, got some delightfully creepy stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Fewdiodotcom?videos

Thank you so much :3:

Also if you watch the Bedfellows short enough times it kind of reverses and the thing in the bed starts to look really terrified of the woman

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

I figured that cat was suffering from a severe case of Photoshopitis, but then there's a video of it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3122418/Far-Eye-condition-gives-cat-Matilda-alien-appearance.html

Guuhhhh :ohdear:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sectoids have combined their DNA with cats to infiltrate our homes.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Stay safe, anime cat

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

artsy fartsy posted:

Thank you so much :3:

Also if you watch the Bedfellows short enough times it kind of reverses and the thing in the bed starts to look really terrified of the woman

:eyepop: Thank you for ruining it for me

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

For a long time I would see the gif and think the lamp was a party hat jauntily perched on his head

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Is there a story behind this? I assume they are all dead, but how did they all die at the same time?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Autechresaint posted:

Is there a story behind this? I assume they are all dead, but how did they all die at the same time?

quote:

John C. Browne (American, 1838-1918) A Children’s Play (Bluebeard’s Wives), ca. 1866, printed ca. 1975, modern gelatin silver print from the original collodion negative, George Eastman House

This rather haunting image is a modern day gelatin silver print made from the original collodion glass plate negative, and was created by John Coates Browne around 1866. Browne was an amateur photographer who maintained a prominent role in the Photographic Society of Philadelphia.

The morbidity of the image may come as a shock—five of the six young girls are play-acting dead. Hung by their hair, their faces are painted white, matching their ghostly gowns. The play is based off of a French fairytale, about a nobleman who has a penchant for killing successive young wives. An outcast, he is feared for his ugly blue beard. He has been married several times, and each of his young wives mysteriously disappears, frightening the village girls. The story takes place when his most recent wife, still alive, discovers his secret cellar where he keeps the bodies of his murdered former wives, and recounts her attempts to escape.

Browne stages this as a genre scene, not unlike those created by Oscar Gustave Rejlander or Henry Peach Robinson, masters of allegorical or staged photographs. However, unlike Rejlander or Robinson’s images, this one was not made using multiple negatives, rather the entire scene was captured in one shot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

An outcast, he is feared for his ugly blue beard.

It amuses me that in a play about a serial murderer, his beard being blue is what really makes him an outcast.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Internet Kraken posted:

It amuses me that in a play about a serial murderer, his beard being blue is what really makes him an outcast.

For an extra dose of creepy, this is the guy the playwright may have used as inspiration.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

"Remember me, Eddie? When I killed you brother I talked just ... LIKE ... THIS!!!!"

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Funny pic thread crosspost:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/18/google-image-recognition-neural-network-androids-dream-electric-sheep

Your Computer posted:

I can't believe all those neural network images was posted in the Funny Pictures™ thread and no-one posted the funniest one:

Tomero_the_Great posted:

You really need the hi-res for full effect:

Also, what we see vs what it sees:
vs

The landscapes are something else:

We've seen the future, and the future is Lisa Frank.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Holy poo poo, they taught computers praeidolia. "Hey, doesn't this static image resemble a building?" "PROCESSING. YES IT KIND OF DOES."

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

I swear this one's giving me schizophrenia from trying to count all the dog heads and THEY WON'T STOP LOOKING AT ME!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
e

Mr. Gibbycrumbles has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Jun 22, 2015

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

5 out of 6?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The sixth (on the right) is not acting dead and is just regular alive acting.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Eyes are the coolest, weirdest things.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Choco1980 posted:

Eyes are the coolest, weirdest things.

They can see anything but themselves. Oh wait...

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

a kitten posted:

The sixth (on the right) is not acting dead and is just regular alive acting.

Yes. That was kind of the point. Or is acting with a brace of corpses normal where you come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Dude
Oct 17, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yes. That was kind of the point. Or is acting with a brace of corpses normal where you come from?

They aren't corpses. They are pretending to be dead