Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Beet, I've been trying to hold back on not get all locked on you like always but pushing on me this hard D1 is making my paranoia twitch again. Depending on your role value and whether you're town you might want to consider if its worth distracting us for another day when I flip town and it makes you look hella suss

hi bif, nah not interested in a slap fight. your first post of day 1, actually the whole game was you trying to justify your actions as a setup. case closed p.much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Just ask yourselves if a serious town playing Beet would ever think a case on me could be open and shut. Pretty ridiculous.

when i'm scum i try and drag the conversation out because i believe i can talk my way out of anything and most times i can.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

hi bif, nah not interested in a slap fight. your first post of day 1, actually the whole game was you trying to justify your actions as a setup. case closed p.much.

I was even less interested in a slap fight last time we were both town and you were also chill and rolled with it but maybe you were just being nice cause I was still in hospital? Not sure why you'd forget it though

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

time from start of game to bif/beet slap fight: about 150 minutes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

time from start of game to bif/beet slap fight: about 150 minutes

nah i'm pretty much done and am happy with my vote. i haven't said hi to you yet. hi toml!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

no slap fight to be had, open and shut case.

im more interested in why you would miss something like that.

"I thought bif's reasoning that killing Anidav now rather than him being a key player in a lylo scum victory was actually not far off the mark. A bit Machiavellian but true enough. But the follow up post of "you're going to look super suss when I flip town!" is what did it for me.

For one, that's never true, because scum don't 'go hard' on anyone off the bat.

Second, she framed it in a way to put doubt in yours and others minds, rather than any kind of defense of herself OR alternatively just being like 'welp whatever', instead she establishes a line of thought that gets others to consider a Beet lynch."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

That's thefucking annoying thing about figuring out when to vote Anidav though, if you just throw it out as a joke vote it's suss, but there are decent reasons to choose him early to prevent it biting town later. Bandwagonning it too early is the greater danger though, I think. Looks like that's been well avoided though by us getting some more interaction though, so OK maybe I shouldn't complain so much. Still sounds pretty laser focused for you on D1 though!

...so if you were actually scum, maybe its cause you were trying to save Anidav :buddy:

##vote anidav

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Late night. Slept in. Catching up now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Late night. Slept in. Catching up now.

Matthew Beet posted:

hey everyone, bif is today's target.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
lol Beet would never save me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

"I thought bif's reasoning that killing Anidav now rather than him being a key player in a lylo scum victory was actually not far off the mark. A bit Machiavellian but true enough. But the follow up post of "you're going to look super suss when I flip town!" is what did it for me.

For one, that's never true, because scum don't 'go hard' on anyone off the bat.

Second, she framed it in a way to put doubt in yours and others minds, rather than any kind of defense of herself OR alternatively just being like 'welp whatever', instead she establishes a line of thought that gets others to consider a Beet lynch."

Well I did think this was pretty suss of Beet, I thought he'd just been griping at me all last game about taking my blinkers off, so...

And I thought you'd know better than to take "that's the least town thing Big ever said" too seriously, especially in D1 but now you said it was that other post about lynching Beet that convinced you. So fair enough, that did sound a lot more scummy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Well I did think this was pretty suss of Beet, I thought he'd just been griping at me all last game about taking my blinkers off, so...

And I thought you'd know better than to take "that's the least town thing Big ever said" too seriously, especially in D1 but now you said it was that other post about lynching Beet that convinced you. So fair enough, that did sound a lot more scummy

"Town... not Town.. these things don't interest me. I know you play wild and scummy Bif, that was always factored in. Rather at the moment your words ring false. You don't believe what you're saying, and therefore you're probably scum. A shepherd dressed in their Sunday finest still reeks of lamb, Bifauxnen!!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha you guys better not kill Gaspy after I'm gone or I'm gonna be hella mad

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

"If you ARE scum this is going to look VERY bad for me..."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

considering swapping my vote for bif to gaspy right about now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

"If you ARE scum this is going to look VERY bad for me..."

don't worry then :colbert:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Huh, I didn't know you could do that with votefinder Zets.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy is a far better town player than a scum player. I wouldn't vote for him unless he is wrong twice in a row.

Beet on the other hand is a far better scum player than town. I can never know for sure when it comes to him.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
"It's inevitable that we lynch Anidav, therefore we should lynch Anidav."

That doesn't add up, Bif.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

nah i'm pretty much done and am happy with my vote. i haven't said hi to you yet. hi toml!

sup beet

i am sad that you won't vote anidav with me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

sup beet

i am sad that you won't vote anidav with me

sorry but i think we should vote your scumpal first

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna vote bifauxnen when i wake up probably

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
o/` PON PON PON PON o/` This is your Principal speaking. I have an important announcement!

Monobear's Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (4): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, Matthew Beet, bowmore, Asphyxious
Anidav (3): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, bowmore, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left, bowmore, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen
Matthew Beet (2): Freudian Slip, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade
EXAKT Science (1): Bifauxnen, Tremendous Taste, Bifauxnen
bowmore (1): EXAKT Science, Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Birdstrike (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Tremendous Taste (0): Tremendous Taste, Matthew Beet, Tremendous Taste, Matthew Beet

Not Voting (4): Anidav, Gwynplaine, HiipFire, MaliciousOnion

With 15 alive, you need 8 votes to find them Super-Duper Guilty! I'm going to get bored of this by June 18th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- so try to do something amusing in the next 10 hours, 2 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I don't think Bif is it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

I don't think Bif is it.

I'm not, but I'm not a cop or anything useful so it's not so bad

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Current baseless Gywnsanity list. Keeping in mind this is day one.

Onion, ES, Tirade, Hiip

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
playing catch-up now. was watching star trek and drinking wine with some nerds

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'd be more inclined to vote a non-auspoller. Not being able to participate in the whole day makes it that much harder to push through a lynch in the later days.

ey gently caress off mate ##vote MaliciousOnion

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Beet, I've been trying to hold back on not get all locked on you like always but pushing on me this hard D1 is making my paranoia twitch again. Depending on your role value and whether you're town you might want to consider if its worth distracting us for another day when I flip town and it makes you look hella suss

haha is that a loving threat?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Bifauxnen posted:

Just ask yourselves if a serious town playing Beet would ever think a case on me could be open and shut. Pretty ridiculous.

meta poo poo that i don't care about, garbage defense

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Bifauxnen posted:

That's thefucking annoying thing about figuring out when to vote Anidav though, if you just throw it out as a joke vote it's suss, but there are decent reasons to choose him early to prevent it biting town later. Bandwagonning it too early is the greater danger though, I think. Looks like that's been well avoided though by us getting some more interaction though, so OK maybe I shouldn't complain so much. Still sounds pretty laser focused for you on D1 though!

...so if you were actually scum, maybe its cause you were trying to save Anidav :buddy:

##vote anidav

empty empty posting

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Bifauxnen

also if bif is scum then this:

Tirade posted:

Sup all

Busy at work today so limited shitposting until tonight.

##vote Matthew Beet

makes me feel awful weird about tirade. the vote seems a bit too pointed to be a joke, but i'm reserving judgement until they come back and post more.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Bifauxnen

also if bif is scum then this:

makes me feel awful weird about tirade. the vote seems a bit too pointed to be a joke, but i'm reserving judgement until they come back and post more.

Yeah i noticed that too. Not because it was me he voted, well that helped, but it doesn't fit in with what was happening with the posts and votes at that time. It just doesn't sit right.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah i noticed that too. Not because it was me he voted, well that helped, but it doesn't fit in with what was happening with the posts and votes at that time. It just doesn't sit right.

"That and even if you have something of an excuse, lurking doesn't sit well with me. Hardcore lurking AND throwing a vote out is a poor combination."

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

okay so am i a tremendous idiot or something, i really don't get how/why the case on bif is apparently just so watertight

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Those On My Left posted:

okay so am i a tremendous idiot or something, i really don't get how/why the case on bif is apparently just so watertight

as watertight as any day 1 case

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
so basically just seaworthy enough to get towed to new guinea.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

"Not an idiot at all, Beet and Bowmore being all 'CASE CLOSED!' is actually very odd. I personally get a bullshitter read from Bif, I think she's lying and her responses to being voted for are pretty in-town. I'm not totally sure why Bowmore and Beet are so confident in this, as I wasn't suss on her until her RESPONSE to their accusations."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

"Not an idiot at all, Beet and Bowmore being all 'CASE CLOSED!' is actually very odd. I personally get a bullshitter read from Bif, I think she's lying and her responses to being voted for are pretty in-town. I'm not totally sure why Bowmore and Beet are so confident in this, as I wasn't suss on her until her RESPONSE to their accusations."

Bowmore? Did he?

I'm doing the case closed because I promised myself no slap fights, her original post struck me as odd for day 1 and especially odd for Bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Hey Big why are you already posting about LYLO numbers that's really weird"

"Hey Bif why are you bothering to give any reason whatsoever for your decisions that's so scummy"

Maybe because YOU IMBECILES keep loving THINGS UP!

Er, ahem.

That said, my role may actually be somewhat counterproductive for town, so perhaps it is for the best. I shall face my potential death with dignity, hoping you all similarly die in a fire.

...I bet even after the flip someone's going to ignore the fact my being town proves the scum are chosen randomly rather than based on story. Probably Anidav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uggggh phone posting so pretend I didn't gently caress up copying the imgur url

• Locked thread