Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

14 quid plus delivery for pre diluted 500ml smh London boi

Tell me where to get the other stuff you poo poo!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winstor
Sep 20, 2009
2015 Ford XR8.
Colour is Victory Gold and decided to go with the manual transmission.
5.0L Supercharged V8 - 335kw (449hp) and 575nm (424ft/lb) of torque.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Tell me where to get the other stuff you poo poo!!

Ebay op!!!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

winstor posted:

2015 Ford XR8.

Thanks for doing your part to save the falcon. Beautiful car.

The base 5.0 is 435hp now, it's surprising they still use such a conservative tune on that one.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

winstor posted:

2015 Ford XR8.

drat, I didnt even know that existed but its awesome. Nice color choice too.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

winstor posted:

2015 Ford XR8.

Sweet lord, I wish we had those in the states. Beautiful car, man.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

winstor posted:

2015 Ford XR8.

We should have got these as the Fusion or Taurus instead of the lame as gently caress FWD barges we did get, goddamn.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Bape Culture posted:

14 quid plus delivery for pre diluted 500ml smh London boi

Truckwash. Super-concentrated truckwash.

It removes everything. Dirt, grime, brake dust, skin. And it's like £35 for 25L.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Mooseykins posted:

Truckwash. Super-concentrated truckwash.

It removes everything. Dirt, grime, brake dust, skin. And it's like £35 for 25L.

Will it remove water staining on window glass? I've tried a few different washes and even a loving razor but that stuff seems keen to stick around.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tobu posted:

Will it remove water staining on window glass? I've tried a few different washes and even a loving razor but that stuff seems keen to stick around.

CLR.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009

I just realized that this car has been stored for more than a year in more garages than it has had owners. No longer though, brake and tires and it will be back on the road drinking gas.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001
finally got it the vanity plates that it has deserved from day 1

:siren: I NEED TO USE TIMG TAGS :siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Nait Sirhc posted:

finally got it the vanity plates that it has deserved from day 1

Nice

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

NOCOOLNT
XWTRPUMP
DRIPDRIP
RADIATOR

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Awful app doesn't like multiple edits

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

tobu posted:

Don't know to be honest. But limescale remover (bathroom cleaner) does!

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
A little counter intuitive, but oil changes in my new car are incredibly easy.

My old 3 series required 20 minutes with multiple jacks and stands before I could even get started.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ynotony posted:

A little counter intuitive, but oil changes in my new car are incredibly easy.

My old 3 series required 20 minutes with multiple jacks and stands before I could even get started.

Shoulda found yourself a set of stairs.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
My new daily driver for the summer. Just got home after doing an eleven hour overnight drive home with it after doing a fly & buy, so I'm going to go die in my bed now, kthx.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Totally awesome. Is it stock?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Nidhg00670000 posted:

My new daily driver for the summer. Just got home after doing an eleven hour overnight drive home with it after doing a fly & buy, so I'm going to go die in my bed now, kthx.

How painful is it putting gas in that thing in dear old Scandinavia?

Would you say it is traumatic enough to cause Stockholm syndrome? :v:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I saw an old gold El Dorado with an American flag in the back window parked in Oslo, near sentrum, a few months ago. Pretty BA

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

loving bad rear end.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

Powershift posted:

That's the most legitimate use case for a back up camera I've ever seen. Dumb children being a close second.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Sort of a cross post from the Mustang thread but,

Fiesta out Mustang IN.

2015 Ecoboost Premium. Really nice car to take a long drive in. I sort of miss the Fiesta's HEY MAN LET'S PLAY attitude but the Mustang has a different I DON'T GIVE A poo poo attitude that I will also enjoy.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Totally awesome. Is it stock?

Thanks! It is painfully stock, AFAIK it's the original numbers matching 350 4bbl and TH350 it came with, and from what I can tell there's never been any internal work on any of them. Yes, a 43 year old engine/trans combo that's never been opened. I guess that's why the street looks like this after parking it 12 hours. :v: My size 11 for reference. Front of the car was facing left, and I think the big puddle far left is front main seal, the two smaller ones below that is the PS pump leaking like a sieve while running, the thinner one behind the large one is engine oil from the rocker covers, and farther to the right with the small seed in it (and the one above that) is the rear main seal. The one with gravel in isn't mine, and the top one far right is trans rear seal. Puh.

HotCanadianChick posted:

How painful is it putting gas in that thing in dear old Scandinavia?

Would you say it is traumatic enough to cause Stockholm syndrome? :v:

Let me put it like this; 18 MPG US at 55 mph steady, 12 MPG at 75 mph. Petrol is about USD 6.45/gallon here...

kastein posted:

loving bad rear end.

Thanks! It ain't no J series Jeep, but those are so goddamn rare here. :(

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 18, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Holy poo poo that rules so much. I dd my 67 C10 in the summer but fuel here is only $3 a gallon.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Powershift posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense to pull forward over the stairs?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

mobby_6kl posted:

How much krill do you collect per day, on average?

This is from a few pages ago, but that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Let me put it like this; 18 MPG US at 55 mph steady, 12 MPG at 75 mph. Petrol is about USD 6.45/gallon

Well, at least it's better than the Camaro I had for my first car, that thing got single digit fuel economy - it would empty most of the ~21 US gallon (80 litre) tank in about five round trip drives into downtown, about 13 miles (21km) each way (roughly 3km per litre consumed).

Then again, that was back when gas here was under US$1.00 a gallon. :ohdear:

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Yes I remember those days. My T/A got about 8mpg's with me driving it like a teenager. On the highway I got like 12mpgs and I was so happy. Also gas was $1.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PleasusChrist posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense to pull forward over the stairs?

Maybe they're doing diff oil?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Back at parent's home in UK for a couple of weeks. Some work to do.

Smart, which is cool as poo poo has broken a spring and is a pain in the arse to fix. Long story.

Brother turns up to help in his 150k TT with all sorts of silly upgrades bought off ebay and with some silly 280hp or something. Mum wants to know what I'm doing with the 1990 honda civic.

Waiting. Apparently I'm as bad as my father, except no, those bikes have been waiting since the 60s.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Random pic from a drive to Target a few days ago. I grin like an idiot every time I start the engine. And shifting at WOT sounds otherworldly (if you're considering one of these cars, absolutely get the performance exhaust and/or Z51). Also, the 8-speed auto is instant at sequential shifts, I am very pleasantly surprised by it. Going down 2 or more gears is just a tad slower but still impressive, much much better than any other automatic I've driven.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

winstor
Sep 20, 2009

Powershift posted:

Thanks for doing your part to save the falcon. Beautiful car.

The base 5.0 is 435hp now, it's surprising they still use such a conservative tune on that one.

Very conservative tune.

A stock manual with 50 kms on the clock ran 297rwkw (398rwhp) on a hub dyno. Had a twin 3" mandrell bent stainless steel quad tip exhaust fitted and tuned, returned 422rwkw (566rwhp)

Another stock manual, 490 kms on the clock, ran 330rwkw (443rwhp) was tuned and returned 420rwkw (563rwhp).

I'd say weather is the main reason for the figures being so close? Check out Xtreme Ford Tuning on facebook, Simon is a wizard with his Fords.

shoganjr_nr, I am envious. Wish we had the Corvettes here in Aus without the $100k price tag.

winstor fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 20, 2015

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

shodanjr_gr posted:

Random pic from a drive to Target a few days ago. I grin like an idiot every time I start the engine. And shifting at WOT sounds otherworldly (if you're considering one of these cars, absolutely get the performance exhaust and/or Z51). Also, the 8-speed auto is instant at sequential shifts, I am very pleasantly surprised by it. Going down 2 or more gears is just a tad slower but still impressive, much much better than any other automatic I've driven.

I love the white body/black wheels combo. There's one driven by a Chinese student locally with some kind of aftermarket exhaust. Looks awesome, sounds devilish.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Back at parent's home in UK for a couple of weeks. Some work to do.

Smart, which is cool as poo poo has broken a spring and is a pain in the arse to fix. Long story.

Brother turns up to help in his 150k TT with all sorts of silly upgrades bought off ebay and with some silly 280hp or something. Mum wants to know what I'm doing with the 1990 honda civic.

Waiting. Apparently I'm as bad as my father, except no, those bikes have been waiting since the 60s.

drat you hella posh son

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I've been lazy about photography lately, so this photo is from a couple of weeks ago. I bought a canopy for my Ranger.
SD 144 Topper and Ferry 2 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

Then I rode on a little ferry across the river.
SD 144 Topper and Ferry 6 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You know the rule of canopies right?

The week after you bought the cheapest one you can find, there'll be one listed for the same price in a color that matches your truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

You know the rule of canopies right?

The week after you bought the cheapest one you can find, there'll be one listed for the same price in a color that matches your truck.
Meh. I plan to paint this one, white is perfect because that's half of what I'm planning. And matching the colour on a 2-tone 18-year-old Ranger with suspiciously low km is not something I'm ever going to worry about.