Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane
Steam has an achievement for Slender: The Arrival whereby you need to complete the game in under 45 minutes. There are secondary goals where I attempt to complete The Eight Pages and Into The Abyss levels in under 5 minutes each.

Due to the pressure of streaming it and of course the random spawns of pages and generators it was quite difficult

I have included a video of my attempt below

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3IKWlHvmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing this video. I look forward to a lot of great new content from you!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great reference at 16:32 to the Wolf Parade hit "Shine a Light." I know there are a lot of Wolf Parade fans who love Slenderman... you could say that Dan Boeckner is a kind of slender man himself!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not going to watch this video. Hell, before this thread was posted I didn't think there was a video I would of cared to look at less than like the videos where people crush cat's heads with there heels or chainsaw pigs in a Bulgarian slaughterhouse. But there it is. Good poo poo OP.

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thank you very much for sharing this video. I look forward to a lot of great new content from you!

I have a lot of games I would like to do playthrough's of, whilst also recording my experience playing them. My issue at the moment is to try and bring my personality out of my shell instead of being camera shy, I feel that there are times I sound monotonous but I need to get through making and publishing a few videos to try and build my confidence, and hopefully an audience at some point.

I have to start somewhere :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
good luck op.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
something awful is the original home of The Slender Man so you better believe that we have a vested interest in appreciating the games inspired by him and the speedrunning communities spawned from those very same games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Great reference at 16:32 to the Wolf Parade hit "Shine a Light." I know there are a lot of Wolf Parade fans who love Slenderman... you could say that Dan Boeckner is a kind of slender man himself!

Wolf Parade references in Slender?? Heck, now I'll believe in anything

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wolf Parade references in Slender?? Heck, now I'll believe in anything
Slenderman again? Ugh, same ghost every night!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Peace 2 your momma OP

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Thanks a ton op. Looks like no sleep tonight :gonk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe anybody would ever say this in The Imp Zone, but nice rereg.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Genderman

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

emdotoh posted:

I have a lot of games I would like to do playthrough's of, whilst also recording my experience playing them. My issue at the moment is to try and bring my personality out of my shell instead of being camera shy, I feel that there are times I sound monotonous but I need to get through making and publishing a few videos to try and build my confidence, and hopefully an audience at some point.

I have to start somewhere :)

This guy is TailsButtholeGuy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you rearrange the letters in the OP's name, it spells Knuc Is A Big Homo Kiwi.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I watched most of it to support you op, but it's kind of a boring game to (watch a) speed run.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm glad that he reregged and continued to suck on his own merits through lovely posting, instead of coasting on name recognition.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad that he reregged and continued to suck on his own merits through lovely posting, instead of coasting on name recognition.

hell of a speed gamer too... the man's got skills

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

hell of a speed gamer too... the man's got skills

He speeds to the You Lost screen... Lmao!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

woah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress off moro.

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ok, I have no idea who TailsButtholeGuy is or why everyone is claiming "Rereg". So I typed this "TailsButtholeGuy" into google to find out what the hell you're all on about.

1. This is my first time on SA
2. TailsButtholeGuy appears to have been an offensive arrogant member of the forums posting troll content
3. A simple search on google shows that this person is from the United States, whereas a search on me by my more common username ArcaneTSGK will show you that I am from the United Kingdom, and have never had a problem on ANY other forum

If that's not enough to clear my name from being associated with someone who I am clearly not, then maybe a moderator or admin can help me out???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

emdotoh posted:

Ok, I have no idea who TailsButtholeGuy is or why everyone is claiming "Rereg". So I typed this "TailsButtholeGuy" into google to find out what the hell you're all on about.

2. TailsButtholeGuy appears to have been an offensive arrogant member of the forums posting troll content
3. A simple search on google shows that this person is from the United States, whereas a search on me by my more common username ArcaneTSGK will show you that I am from the United Kingdom, and have never had a problem on ANY other forum

If that's not enough to clear my name from being associated with someone who I am clearly not, then maybe a moderator or admin can help me out???
Holy poo poo hahahaha.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

emdotoh posted:

You are TailsButtholeGuy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
So I typed this "TailsButtholeGuy" into google to find out what the hell you're all on about.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

So I typed this "TailsButtholeGuy" into google to find out what the hell you're all on about.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TailsButtholeGuy is currently in psychiatric care and I would not describe his temperament as arrogant... the words that leap to mind instead are "phimosis weiner"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

TailsButtholeGuy is currently in psychiatric care and I would not describe his temperament as arrogant... the words that leap to mind instead are "phimosis weiner"

He has yellow fever

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

He has yellow fever

tails is orange dumbass

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

Black Baby Goku posted:

You are TailsButtholeGuy

Clearly not

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

emdotoh posted:

Clearly not

You need to post a picture with today's paper from the London times or else you are forever going to be TailsButtholeGuy and the admins are gonna rename you appropriately

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
TailsBumholeChap

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

Black Baby Goku posted:

You need to post a picture with today's paper from the London times or else you are forever going to be TailsButtholeGuy and the admins are gonna rename you appropriately

Well the admins can see the IP address and know i'm not from the US for a start

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only IP we need to see here is your intellectual property: the names TailsButtholeGuy and Cyra, which is who you are. You are him, that man.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

emdotoh posted:

Well the admins can see the IP address and know i'm not from the US for a start

The admins can't do that

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only IP we need to see here is your intellectual property: the names TailsButtholeGuy and Cyra, which is who you are. You are him, that man.

And your proof of me being that person?

Exactly, absolutely none.

Admins can see the IP address, its a built in feature of vBulletin, I owned a forum myself back in the days of playing Unreal Tournament 3 when I ran a clan, and could see all IP addresses of any registered user.

I find it unbelievable that I pay £6 to be able to post on a forum, and get absolutely trolled and associated with someone else, yet on free forums such as Facepunch, never have I had a problem.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

emdotoh posted:

And your proof of me being that person?

Exactly, absolutely none.

Admins can see the IP address, its a built in feature of vBulletin, I owned a forum myself back in the days of playing Unreal Tournament 3 when I ran a clan, and could see all IP addresses of any registered user.

I find it unbelievable that I pay £6 to be able to post on a forum, and get absolutely trolled and associated with someone else, yet on free forums such as Facepunch, never have I had a problem.

First of all, this is modified VBulletin and it was modified by a complete retard who can't even index threads correctly, they took away the IP search for admins because they were using it to harass people. Now post a photo holding the London times to prove you aren't TailsButtholeGuy or forever be known as him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdotoh
Jun 15, 2015

Arcane

Black Baby Goku posted:

First of all, this is modified VBulletin and it was modified by a complete retard who can't even index threads correctly, they took away the IP search for admins because they were using it to harass people. Now post a photo holding the London times to prove you aren't TailsButtholeGuy or forever be known as him.

Well considering I live in Manchester I think that holding the London times is going to be a little bit difficult no?

If this is really what it's going to take to clear my name, I'll grab The Daily Mail, The Guardian, whatever and write what ever sentence you want on the paper, and then post the picture here.

• Locked thread