Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

1337JiveTurkey posted:

What's more, pressuring a child to forgive because "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us" is beyond hosed up. It takes the focus off the abuser's sin and instead makes the victims look at themselves as sinners even if they've done nothing wrong. They can't even comprehend just how badly they were sinned against and suddenly stealing from the candy bowl or not doing exactly what mommy and daddy say is the problem. If the victim doesn't drop it forever, then it's their own fault because God's already forgiven the abuser. They don't give a poo poo about forgiveness, they just give a poo poo about maintaining control.

Posting this again because it should be posted on every page:

Specifically #8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
if rape was legitimate

be grateful bitch

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
That is still the best abuse counseling.

Since you weren't to blame (this time) for your sexual assault, look on the bright side. You get a nebulous and poorly defined "gift" from The Lord.*

* may include child you must carry to term and care for

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Geoj posted:

Posting this again because it should be posted on every page:

Specifically #8.

Jesus Christ that thing pisses me off from the very loving beginning although I never commented on it. It goes from merely wrong to so loving wrong that they should bring back burning at the stake.

1. They start off breaking the victim apart so that they can treat the physical acts done to the victim as distinct from the emotional and spiritual consequences. People well versed in feminism can probably far better explain how separating a woman's body from her identity is central to sexual objectification—I'll just point out that whoever wrote that is doing it to a child.

2. Then they minimize the value of the victim's body while at the same time laying the ground work for telling them it doesn't matter what they feel because of the spiritual trump card.

3. Now it's the victim's fault for the consequences they're supposed to care about while the abuser's only at fault for what amounts to spiritual petty vandalism. The victim's the one doing the real harm to themselves; they coincidentally started just after the completely unrelated abuse. I just shot you, you chose to bleed to death. Great loving logic there, Humbert.

4 & 5. This is particularly ugly since it starts by moving the remaining responsibility from the abuser to God. So now it's a question of whether it's God's fault or the victim's fault rather than whether it's the abuser's fault or the victim's fault. Both are equally absurd but changing the other option from sinful human being to perfect God is stacking the deck to an impossible level. Whatever "sins" the victim supposedly committed are immeasurably small in comparison to those of the abuser so they can't let the victim make that comparison; it's got to be against God so their only options are blaming themselves and blasphemy. And continuing the "author is a goddamn pedophile" theme, there's a strong "but she seduced me!" subtext here.

6. In spite of "If abused was not at fault" sounding like we hit rock loving bottom, it's just the setup for the theological bunker buster to break out when the victim blaming isn't cutting it. If it wasn't God doing this to punish the victim, then it's God doing it to benefit the victim. In spite of all that happened to them, they're somehow better off than before if only they're willing to see it. If they really aren't better off then it must be because they really were somehow at fault in the first place.

7. Pointing out what happened to Daniel serves as a way to downplay the severity of what happened to the victim, moving the goalposts to irreparable bodily harm. An alternative example: Job. Horrible stuff happened to him for no reason. He never cursed God and only wanted to know why while his friends were convinced it was because of some horrible sin he committed. In spite of point 6, sometimes there simply isn't a why and it's not your fault for not seeing the silver lining if one doesn't exist.

8. This is an amazing inversion: Someone who's truly penitent would take their sins back if they had the choice and is sorrowful because they can't and now everyone has to live with the consequences. Even if the victim recovers, they still hold that regret. This poses the victim with the same question but turns the whole question of regret on its head and pressures them to say the exact opposite or oppose God's will. The abuser's choice in the matter is irrelevant and it's all but demanding the victim say it's not a sin.

9. There's a lot of hosed up to unpack here, starting with the whole idea that the thing that really bothers the victim is that it sullied their sexual purity. Belay that. The whole idea that the victim necessarily understands what sexual purity might be or why anyone cares about it in itself. Belay that. The whole idea that anyone should care about a child's sexual purity beyond the fact it means someone did something terrible to the child. There's no doubt that bothers the author but if the emotional consequences bothered them they sure as gently caress forgot to mention it. I think they were too emotionally overcome by the thought of being only the second person to assault their next victim.

10. On the other hand they did dedicate an entire loving point and half the images in the document to their magical decontamination procedure (Warranty void if victim ever has sex again) Here's my version: If having their first time with someone sexually pure matters that much to your future spouse, they should be able to satisfy their need if they go gently caress themselves. And finally the victim should forgive and leave all punishment or lack thereof (with a clear preference for the latter) to God (who won't punish them anyhow if they ask for forgiveness) rather than reporting their abuser to the authorities. (Warranty void if victim reports abuser to the police)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was just reading a Wikipedia entry on Gypsies/Roma people, and I noticed this entry:

Wikipedia posted:

The mother is considered impure for forty days after giving birth

The Duggars are crazy gypsies and are probably going to steal your car when you're not looking.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092DUlx2hX0

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was just reading a Wikipedia entry on Gypsies/Roma people, and I noticed this entry:

code:
The mother is considered impure for forty days after giving birth
The Duggars are crazy gypsies and are probably going to steal your car when you're not looking.
That's probably why Michelle Duggar is down with having so many kids. At least she gets 40-80 days of respite from having that moon-faced hair-helmeted troglodyte grunting and sweating over her for interminable minutes until he finally dribbles a few drops of jizm into the Arby's Big Beef and Cheddar ruin that used to be her vag, "accidentally" moaning their daughters' names as he does so.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Staying away from a new mother because she is impure is in the Old Testament. Yes, the time is doubled if the child is female.

There's a whole swath of things, including being near menstruating women, that require ritual cleansing.

It's all there in Leviticus. Chapter 12 for the birth thing. One week and then 33 days for a boy, 2 weeks and 66 days for a girl.

E: Yes

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 19, 2015

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Axolotl posted:

That's probably why Michelle Duggar is down with having so many kids. At least she gets 40-80 days of respite from having that moon-faced hair-helmeted troglodyte grunting and sweating over her for interminable minutes until he finally dribbles a few drops of jizm into the Arby's Big Beef and Cheddar ruin that used to be her vag, "accidentally" moaning their daughters' names as he does so.

Jim Bob "Beef Curtains" Duggar

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

you irl posted:

duggargate is old news friend, now it's all about goons deciding where exactly is the line between incest and a fun time with a familiar face

family is about relationships, not blood so if you and your sister don't get along have at it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

dog buttz posted:

family is about relationships, not blood so if you and your sister don't get along have at it

This is funnier than I was going to reply : You know, Animals have faces too,

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Axolotl posted:

You're thinking in a lot of detail about Duggar vagina, wtf?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

He's down with the clown (car)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yeah he is but also thank goodness right?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna see jimbob and rod blagohviekc head butt eahchother for the title of best hair helmet

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
J'aime Baub

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jim Bob

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I am Sir Jim of Bob.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oops, wrong thread

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Oops, wrong thread sister

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

You've mistaken me for Josh Duggar.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Can't be real because that's wet.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

bobjr posted:

Can't be real because that's wet.

I thought it was Jim Bob's Biblical Spunk.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
putting 19 babies in your wife's wrecked hole should be prosecutable as female genital mutilation

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Pvt.Scott posted:

There's a whole swath of things, including being near menstruating women, that require ritual cleansing.

OK so if we assume several of those girls are nubile, and since they live together their periods are definitely synced... so what happens then? Do they have a "period flag" to know half of the female population is impure? Do they voluntarily go live in a shed? Do they all wear red dresses for the duration?

and more importantly, does Michelle take it in the butt during that time?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

One week and then 33 days for a boy, 2 weeks and 66 days for a girl.

The retardest way to describe a duration, gj bibble

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ChlorophileAddict posted:

and more importantly, does Michelle take it in the butt during that time?

With the number of episiotomies she has had is there any difference at this point?

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

With the number of episiotomies she has had is there any difference at this point?

probably not.
I bet she can goatse with the best of them

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

The retardest way to describe a duration, gj bibble

I assume it's two different levels of ritual cleansing and isolation. Not concerned enough to research.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Ultimate Mango posted:

They probably just stitched her up like a corset so she can just let it out and take it in whenever she needs.

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

KIT HAGS posted:

They probably just stitched her up like a corset so she can just let it out and take it in whenever she needs.

I can sorta see the point to that

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.

The North Tower posted:

"repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live"

I want this on Dave Mustaine's tombstone.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

lol what do all of you fartstenches do when you have to read things that obliquely reference the bible?>> do you just miss it?

even C†† references Christ

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

like if you can't be moved by something religious in nature and not be "religious" then lol sorry about your autism

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

nah im just foolin i decided i dont wanna efight get back to me later

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
jim doob

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I would pay anything to have someone break into their house and find the hosed up poo poo in their bedroom.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

that's so jim bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015
by now, it's prolly like this:

" Jim Bob build up his courage all day. At the dinner table he stares Michelle straight in the eye.
As the kids go do their chores, he tells her.
"prepare yourself woman, tonight we f"
She goes to the bedroom, lifts her skirt, takes her granny pants off and lays in wait spread eagle.
he breathes deeply trying to not think about it.

he walks in he room, grateful it's dark and he doesn't have to look at it. He is brave, a soldier of Jesus. He will soldier on.
He gets on top searches for a bit, tries not to puke.
Sticks his dick in, pumps for 2 minutes, hopes he is in the right place since he can't feel poo poo. The smell is potent and disgusting.
He holds his breath in, thinks of the hottest of his daughters and on the count to 10 releases into... whatever that is.

he gets off her and gets out of the room, goes to the bathroom and pukes his guts out."

• Locked thread