Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Man the content editor owns. I spent all night making a sweet mixed surface long rally track and driving over it in different cars, instead of sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

net cafe scandal posted:

I'd love to be able to gently caress and go down on other players.

Be careful now, that might just turn the game into Second Life.

In other news, I bought the dump truck from Warstock and it's several tons of fun to block an entire street on your own.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Starting to love logging in just to chase down bounties. Especially when they try to outrun me.

When they just switch sessions is when I get sad.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Mokbek posted:

Be careful now, that might just turn the game into Second Life.

In other news, I bought the dump truck from Warstock and it's several tons of fun to block an entire street on your own.

How long does that last since I assume it's not considered a Personal Vehicle due to it's size?

Also if I can get online I might try to continue the Humane Labs setup from the other night if any goons are online. I'm also considering making a motor cross type racetrack on the horse racing track. I wish there was a proper racing circuit somewhere.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Sultan of GTA sport rallies everywhere: The Sultan

Manufacturer: Karin (Toyota/Subaru/Lexus)
Model: Sultan (Lexus IS with Honda Civic and Surbaru WRX styling)
Drivetrain: AWD
Engine: Twin Turbo V-6

Mountain Climbing: A-

Solid piece of work this machine here is. The incredible grip and rally like suspension allows you to climb hills with absolute ease and to have no fear when the road looks bouncy. The AWD transmission feels absolutely beautiful here and will save your butt if you begin to slide down the mountain. All you need to do is hold brake/handbrake, slowly spin the car, release, then tap the handbrake, and the Sultan should get enough torque to pull you up the mountain at a near steep angle. Larger rocks might be a problem due to how low this thing is. Don't hit them with too much speed or your might bust your hood.

Rock Climbing: D

Rough. This is all that can really be said. Make sure to try and hit rocks at the smallest slope you can or the Sultan will take a pretty big mashing on the front end and get stuck. This is understandable however! Remember I'm rating these like offroaders. Although the Sultan is one of the best vehicles, it's rock skills are very poor. Low speed and slight slopes are the best way to tackle rocks in this thing, or expect a buddy to come along and give you a love tap to get you out of a rough spot and dislodge you.

River Crossing: B

Great drivetrain for offroading, poor ride height. These tend to offset. Make sure you're driving fast and have all wheels hooked to the ground and you will most likely be fine crossing rivers in this. Have a little bit of fear and a possible recovery vehicle if you plan to cross a huge river. The river will not be forgiving to you and if the water goes over the hood your vehicle will have certain bogdown. Bogdown with this low of ride height will spell doom for your beautiful car. Not to say it's bad, because with speed this vehicle can hydroplane across rivers. Just be careful, alright?

Onroad Performance: A+

This cannot be stated enough. This car is excellent for your daily driving needs and is a fixture in any serious GTA player's garage. The tires have so much grip that it takes effort to spin this thing out, especially being all wheel drive. Your only risks on the road in this beautiful car are other drivers. One slightly weird thing is that the engine on dirt roads seems to have a minor issue, hanging at about 8,000 RPM and 75 MPH, driving straight for a while or taking a slight turn makes the RPM jump down, then the car switches gears. Not enough to change the grade though, as that seems like just a minor quirk. Besides, going 75+ on a dirt road will often spell disaster. Sultan means authority or king in Arabic, and that's for sure. This car is king of the road.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

nice

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Shanakin posted:

Man the content editor owns. I spent all night making a sweet mixed surface long rally track and driving over it in different cars, instead of sleeping.

I decided I'd polish it up a little bit and publish it. If anyone gives it a go, feedback would be great. Unfortunately it's a bit out of the way and there's an awkward tight spot towards the end I may need to re-route, tiding it up with props only helped so much.

Rough Roads - it probably needs a better name too heh.

edit: my best time so far was about 5:45 in an unmodified carbonizzare during testing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

hellfaucet posted:

I wish we could date each other in GTAO. Go out to dinner at Burger Shot, catch a ferris wheel, hit a movie.... then when it's time to say goodnight, whip out carbine rifles and shoot up the place, then each other. Live the American Dream!

I just wish we could use Burger Shots and the other fast food places :argh:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

this but irl (hi geeves)

Don't tease me!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'd love to be able to gently caress and go down on other players.

I betcha Rachel Dolezal knows how to work a dick.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Capn Beeb posted:

I just wish we could use Burger Shots and the other fast food places :argh:

It's weird too, because they worked just fine in GTA IV

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's weird too, because they worked just fine in GTA IV

"Minimum Wage" DLC: useable fast food for quick full health plus delivery cars, bikes and uniforms.

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm still mad about the lack of hydraulics.

The Picador doesn't look right without them.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Anime_Otaku posted:

"Minimum Wage" DLC: useable fast food for quick full health plus delivery cars, bikes and uniforms.

I'd be okay with this, especially if the forklift, dozer and the cargo container crane were new Pegasus vehicles.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 19, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
If any xboners are about we need one more to do the final setup for the 3rd heist and then to do the finale, but you need to get here fairly quickly.

e: No longer needed.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 19, 2015

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Forgive me crew for I have sinned.

I shot down a goon with a rocket launcher unintentionally. I could not see the pink outline of the crew notice...and they "conveniently" did not show a name when I targeted them. Twice.

I believe I have served time as I was placed in my cursed state (money jail) and then a hummer landed on top of me while on a tall building.

I just felt need to confess.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Anime_Otaku posted:

How long does that last since I assume it's not considered a Personal Vehicle due to it's size?

Also if I can get online I might try to continue the Humane Labs setup from the other night if any goons are online. I'm also considering making a motor cross type racetrack on the horse racing track. I wish there was a proper racing circuit somewhere.

If I remember correctly, vehicles delivered by Pegasus will remain in-world for 10 minutes if you are not using them or until they get destroyed. Whichever comes first, really.

So long as someone doesn't RPG your dump truck or steals it for a while you will be able to keep it indefinitely.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mokbek posted:

If I remember correctly, vehicles delivered by Pegasus will remain in-world for 10 minutes if you are not using them or until they get destroyed. Whichever comes first, really.

So long as someone doesn't RPG your dump truck or steals it for a while you will be able to keep it indefinitely.

I'm not sure about that, I've had Pegasus reclaim my Hydra as I was flying it (only for a couple minutes to boot)

I lost all control of the Hydra and got pancaked on the side of a building.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Floppychop posted:

I'm not sure about that, I've had Pegasus reclaim my Hydra as I was flying it (only for a couple minutes to boot)

I lost all control of the Hydra and got pancaked on the side of a building.

Weird.

That happened to me too but it was caused by a nerd that was forcing everyone out of their vehicles by using some scripts or something.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Kelly posted:

:siren: PS4....let's do a playlist on Friday :siren:

If you are on PS4 and would like to have some fun let's get together on Friday night 8:30 EST and race some cars and do some deathmatches.

Who would like to partake? It's been a spell since we've tried to put something together, so gather your jobs and let's have some fun, or something.

8:30 EST on Friday.

PSN: cashcamden99

You can count me in :)

I haven't played in some time and will be rusty :tipshat:

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Put a ticket in and tonight my sex change went through. Also for those that knew me as Bud_f I am now Maytag.

Most of my clothing disappeared but I was left with a super odd assortment of weird stuff.

Never mind it asked me to change my name but I'm still Bud_f maybe.

Maytag fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 19, 2015

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Mokbek posted:

I meant how long until it gets blown up. I'd imagine it might depend to some extent on if there's any players that upgraded and have the Homing Launcher or someone that has either mines or grenades.

In other news, I now have a shiny new Insurgent, which is nice.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I just now learned tonight that apparently H hides the HUD in editor mode. I suddenly feel incredibly dumb for never knowing about this sooner :v:

Looks like tomorrow will be full of me recording various offroad adventures to try and get some kickass screenshots with the aid of the free cam then.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Manufacturer: Karin (Toyota/Subaru/Lexus)
Model: Sultan (Lexus IS with Honda Civic and Surbaru WRX styling)
Drivetrain: AWD
Engine: Twin Turbo V-6

Mountain Climbing: A-

Solid piece of work this machine here is. The incredible grip and rally like suspension allows you to climb hills with absolute ease and to have no fear when the road looks bouncy. The AWD transmission feels absolutely beautiful here and will save your butt if you begin to slide down the mountain. All you need to do is hold brake/handbrake, slowly spin the car, release, then tap the handbrake, and the Sultan should get enough torque to pull you up the mountain at a near steep angle. Larger rocks might be a problem due to how low this thing is. Don't hit them with too much speed or your might bust your hood.

Rock Climbing: D

Rough. This is all that can really be said. Make sure to try and hit rocks at the smallest slope you can or the Sultan will take a pretty big mashing on the front end and get stuck. This is understandable however! Remember I'm rating these like offroaders. Although the Sultan is one of the best vehicles, it's rock skills are very poor. Low speed and slight slopes are the best way to tackle rocks in this thing, or expect a buddy to come along and give you a love tap to get you out of a rough spot and dislodge you.

River Crossing: B

Great drivetrain for offroading, poor ride height. These tend to offset. Make sure you're driving fast and have all wheels hooked to the ground and you will most likely be fine crossing rivers in this. Have a little bit of fear and a possible recovery vehicle if you plan to cross a huge river. The river will not be forgiving to you and if the water goes over the hood your vehicle will have certain bogdown. Bogdown with this low of ride height will spell doom for your beautiful car. Not to say it's bad, because with speed this vehicle can hydroplane across rivers. Just be careful, alright?

Onroad Performance: A+

This cannot be stated enough. This car is excellent for your daily driving needs and is a fixture in any serious GTA player's garage. The tires have so much grip that it takes effort to spin this thing out, especially being all wheel drive. Your only risks on the road in this beautiful car are other drivers. One slightly weird thing is that the engine on dirt roads seems to have a minor issue, hanging at about 8,000 RPM and 75 MPH, driving straight for a while or taking a slight turn makes the RPM jump down, then the car switches gears. Not enough to change the grade though, as that seems like just a minor quirk. Besides, going 75+ on a dirt road will often spell disaster. Sultan means authority or king in Arabic, and that's for sure. This car is king of the road.

Also, this owns and confirms my horrible, devoted bias to the best car in the game :allears:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

T1g4h posted:

Looks like tomorrow will be full of me recording various offroad adventures to try and get some kickass screenshots with the aid of the free cam then.

Wherever the road takes you son!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Maytag posted:

Put a ticket in and tonight my sex change went through. Also for those that knew me as Bud_f I am now Maytag.

Most of my clothing disappeared but I was left with a super odd assortment of weird stuff.

Never mind it asked me to change my name but I'm still Bud_f maybe.

Yeah, that's just your character's name. Like the name no one else will ever see and the only time you'll see it is when you go to the character select screen. As far as everyone else goes they will only see your PSN name. At least now I know which game you ended up on my friends list for.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

T1g4h posted:

Also, this owns and confirms my horrible, devoted bias to the best car in the game :allears:

GTA IV Sultan RS > GTA V Sultan RS

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

hagie posted:

I shot down a goon with a rocket launcher unintentionally. I could not see the pink outline of the crew notice...and they "conveniently" did not show a name when I targeted them. Twice.

I believe I have served time as I was placed in my cursed state (money jail) and then a hummer landed on top of me while on a tall building.

Good poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hagie posted:

I'm pretty sure I was in server when that went down. It happens to the best of us.

I almost nailed a lvl 1 player earlier before I realized, that's why he's just standing there.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
There was barely anyone on tonight, so I found out how long it takes to ride a bicycle around the entire island.

Too long.

On the bright side, I figured out an easy way to get the bonuses for not taking any vehicle damage for 10/20/30 minutes.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Mokbek posted:

If you can get a car that's trying to escape trapped between your front wheels you can pick up some good speed too.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

So you know the whole "Everyone has left the server" thing?

Figured out what causes that. It's when a host uses some noob poo poo like Endeavour because Endeavour still has a whole bunch of their console source in it with some server request bullshit.
Keep in mind that the reason for this is cause consoles are so broken that a lot of poo poo that doesn't work on PC still works on console.

Now you know.

I mean congrats and all on having some menu that was around on consoles and all, but holy poo poo they use so many "requests" for things that you don't even need requests for. What in the gently caress, this is Alexander Blade level of stupidity.

In other news: Idle timer is linked to car sale timer and money timer. Dunno how anybody will find this useful for their poo poo, but changing the values for those might get you bad sported or cheater pooled.

Oh also, free roam is actually regarded as a mission by R* , everytime you load in they start a new script called "freemode"

theguybro fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 19, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Imagine if you could cum on other players and the cum would stay there like the blood decals.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Imagine if you could cum on other players and the cum would stay there like the blood decals.

gently caress yeah where do i sign this like maybe a cum gun that shoots their face with a bunch of CUM!!

theguybro fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 19, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

wat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That's me.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Did they give you some money so that you would buy the luxor deluxe if they could help you?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

theguybro posted:

Did they give you some money so that you would buy the luxor deluxe if they could help you?

Isn't that what you're for?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Nice. Despite my early misgivings about the styling, I have to admit this car does own. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the unarmoured Kuruma for comparison, the two seem like they fill very similar niches.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

AirRaid posted:

Isn't that what you're for?

no im here to make lovely posts about the state of gt aonline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Bobfly posted:

Nice. Despite my early misgivings about the styling, I have to admit this car does own. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the unarmoured Kuruma for comparison, the two seem like they fill very similar niches.

The unarmored Kuruma is really good. It comes just like the armored one does, except it doesn't have the armor. Also you can actually shoot guns out of the windows and drive in first person normally.

Oh, and you won't be a target for griefers because you won't be one of those "im a badass driving in my armored kuruma killing the whole server" type people. I guess that's another downside of not owning an armored kuruma.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 19, 2015

• Locked thread