Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway mulder, lets give it a rest for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

toml's laser focus on anidav he has done the last game or two now and so it's not unusual.. but..? i dunno. like i imagine if we lynched anidav and he flipped scum i'd be actually more suss on toml. anidav's been a great target to be thrown under the bus by scum bro's.
honestly that's fine with me. let's lynch anidav. if he's scum, you can lynch me tomorrow because at that point the town numbers can wear a hit. if he's town, i dunno, lynch me anyway if you want. basically all i'm saying is let's lynch anidav

Matthew Beet posted:

gwyn has been posting much more frequently than usual, nothing stood out about what he posted but he's playing differently
fwiw i found his focus on the vig/SK question to be pretty suss until I realised it was gwyn, he often does that kind of stuff. so i'm not feeling a gwyn vote.

Matthew Beet posted:

birdstrikes usually pretty quick but i get the feeling he's overly defensive, made some dumb assumptions and tried to mislead regarding freudians voting intentions.
yeah i see what you mean. i could do a birdstrike vote but aaannnnnnnnnniddddavvvvvvvvv

anyway i'm about to head to an event, probably be gone in about fifteen, probably won't be home until 8-ish

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i'm still happy with my vote on birdstrike. as far as the people not voting bif yesterday, toml is definitely my strongest scumread, followed distantly by anidav. beet do you have anything to say about gwyn that isn't completely meta based?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

i'm still happy with my vote on birdstrike. as far as the people not voting bif yesterday, toml is definitely my strongest scumread, followed distantly by anidav. beet do you have anything to say about gwyn that isn't completely meta based?

no

his asking for a psychologist was weird as was his fixation on sk or vig, but no.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Matthew Beet posted:

no

his asking for a psychologist was weird as was his fixation on sk or vig, but no.

you don't see sk hunting as a scumtell?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

you asked me to not be meta, but that is very gwyn tbh.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
o/` PON PON PON PON o/` This is your Principal speaking. I have an important announcement!

Monobear's Votecount for Day 2

Those On My Left (3): Asphyxious, Freudian Slip, bowmore
Anidav (2): Those On My Left, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour
Birdstrike (1): EXAKT Science
MaliciousOnion (1): Birdstrike
Matthew Beet (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (0): bowmore, bowmore

Not Voting (5): Anidav, HiipFire, Kat Delacour, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet

With 12 alive, you need 7 votes to find them Super-Duper Guilty! I'm going to get bored of this by June 19th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- so try to do something amusing in the next 6 hours, 3 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

EXAKT Science posted:

Not in my case. I'm a pretty weird guy. Don't waste votes on me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Not in my case. I'm a pretty weird guy. Don't waste votes on me.

you're just hanging around watching the conversation?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

EXAKT Science posted:

What do you think about "clearing" those who didn't vote for Bif first?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

you're just hanging around watching the conversation?

Yeah. I feel like my gwynstinct gets corrupted when I have actual powers at my disposal, otherwise I'd probably throwing accusations like fastballs.
I just keep on reviewing the notes. I might be focusing on team no-bif too much. But its a smaller group with a higher scum ration, so its hard not to stare at it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Freudian Slip posted:

What do you think about "clearing" those who didn't vote for Bif first?

i'd be fine with that as well. i just have a very strong read on birdstrike

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
anyway i'm going to sleep now. i'll be back before deadline.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Nup syicking with anidav as the odds on hitting scum in grp 2 are higher and hand wringing faux guilt and Anidav.

The certainty of that Beet vote was interesting and I think I saw a non-explanation of it meaning anything worth following but anyway vanida negative utility any role

##vote Anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey kat not including anidav, who do you think is scum and why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote kat delacour

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Fascinating.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kat Delacour posted:

Nup syicking with anidav as the odds on hitting scum in grp 2 are higher and hand wringing faux guilt and Anidav.

The certainty of that Beet vote was interesting and I think I saw a non-explanation of it meaning anything worth following but anyway vanida negative utility any role

##vote Anidav

I have no idea what this says.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay so i've re-read today and just gonna do some 'thinking out loud'.

Just a quick recap of numbers:

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble following who's who, so I'm posting this for mostly my own reference:

On bif-lynch:
  • Birdstrike
  • Matthew Beet
  • bowmore
  • Asphyxious
  • EXAKT Science
  • HiipFire
  • Tremendous Taste (nightkilled, town)
  • Freudian Slip

Not on bif-lynch:
  • Anidav
  • Gwynplaine
  • Kat Delacour
  • MaliciousOnion
  • Those On My Left

Chances are we've got at least two scum, probably three, and a SK or vig. The SK/vig could be on either list. Even if there's only two scum it's still better odds to look at the non-lynch list.

So assuming a 3 person scum at the least there has to be two people in the 'not on bif lynch' crowd.

Now some posts that I found interesting.

Gwynplaine posted:

Did that ASK THE SPIRITS thing do anything? Did I miss it?
The non bif voting list is very cool when you're on it and you know you're town. Thanks Bowmore! SK or not, you're alright.

You'd realise at this point, if you're telling the truth, that you've got a, what?, at least 50% chance of hitting scum by voting one of the other four. Gwyn doesn't though...

Gwynplaine posted:

Better and better. So. From the non Bif team we can perhaps assume onion is town.
Not completely, as their power was not insanely useful, but it would still be an odd power for scum to have. Unless it's meant to trick us. But this is sounding increasingly tinfoil hat of me.

SO.

Our options are TOML, Anidav and Kat.

I'm thinking Anidav, based on yesterdays results.

##vote Anidav

Instead he assumes MO is town, which I don't necessarily agree with, and then goes onto vote anidav. Which is interesting because out of the five people in the 'didn't vote bif camp' three of them are now voting anidav and anidav isn't going to vote himself (yet) which means three quarters of the suspects (from gwyns perception if town) have all picked the same target. So what does that mean?

Let's look at who is voting who, if there's at leasttwo scum in those four people (excluding anidav, remember?) that's really stacking your eggs in the one basket. They wouldn't all vote the same target would they?? Maybe they would? Maybe they wouldn't, if they're a co-ordinated team that is. So who isn't voting anidav out of those four?

o/` PON PON PON PON o/` This is your Principal speaking. I have an important announcement!

Monobear's Votecount for Day 2

Those On My Left (3): Asphyxious, Freudian Slip, bowmore
Anidav (3): Those On My Left, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour
Birdstrike (1): EXAKT Science
Kat Delacour (1): Matthew Beet
MaliciousOnion (1): Birdstrike
Matthew Beet (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (0): bowmore, bowmore

Not Voting (3): Anidav, HiipFire, MaliciousOnion

With 12 alive, you need 7 votes to find them Super-Duper Guilty! I'm going to get bored of this by June 19th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- so try to do something amusing in the next 1 hour, 29 minutes.

Hmmmmm. Malicious Onion.

So is MO trying to not be obvious and pick a different target than the others, or are all of the scumpals on the anidav vote? and what of gwyn's decision to vote anidav, and Kat's decision to do so after the other two have?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

MaliciousOnion posted:

I have no idea what this says.

words

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

OR (i just realised this after i hit post)

The last part of this is all based on Anidav not being scum because i've removed him from the numbers because he's being voted. So effectively i'm not taking into consideration if he's being thrown under the bus by a team mate.

i'm just trying to think it through and find a best target. I'm thinking it's either anidav (because if they're bussing him, hell, at least we're lynching scum) or kat for her of again on again voting of anidav.

hmm

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My scum guesses are TOML, Gwyn, and a toss up between Onion/Birdstrike and Kat.

Toml seems to be acting up but I'm not sure if he's being misleading or just being chill and inconsequential in his posting. He has said that he's taking mafia way less seriously now but I'm not sure if it means his current methods.

Gwyn is always a background character but his brief 3rd party quirk looked like scum trying to get more info on any potential 3rd party predators. He may explain himself further if required but reading that part after work looked somewhat strange and a little out of place.

Onion, Birdstrike and Kat all have varying decrees of drive-by jab at <poster> posting and Kat specifically seems to be lining up with the way TOML is thinking which is to be lazy and lynch me. It's fine on day 1 but onwards from there it kinda sticks out. Birdstrike seems to be doing an aggressive scatter-shot form of scum hunting but the only way to find out if it is a scum misdirecting or a townie firing a shotgun into the air and yelling is through lynch. Onion is a background character as well the ability used seems kinda white-noise-y and the post count is kinda low but in saying that, so is Hiipfire but I don't really have a reason to look into that poster yet besides "In a different timezone."

Given I look to be on the firing line again; I can of course tell everyone my power but that would make it useless. It all depends if town thinks that we have enough information based on this current situation.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's also really quiet, even the teddy bear is bored.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Would you like to be able to remove me from the list of suspects, beet?

I have a cool pro-town party trick that I was gonna save for later, but it'll help with your investigation, believe me I'd be glad to clear myself of suspicion.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gwynplaine posted:

I have a cool pro-town party trick that I was gonna save for later, but it'll help with your investigation, believe me I'd be glad to clear myself of suspicion.

"Okay, let's straighten out this mess. What makes you so sure Beet is town and not scum flinging poo poo about?"

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

"Okay, let's straighten out this mess. What makes you so sure Beet is town and not scum flinging poo poo about?"

I'm not getting a read on him, are you? You're usually the first one.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Huh? Is something going to happen?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm not getting a read on him, are you? You're usually the first one.

"No I'm pretty comfy with Beet being town. Was more interested in your input but sure. I'm also very comfy on TOML being scum."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

well no, you weren't a prime suspect of anyone yet i think so how does that help?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

"No I'm pretty comfy with Beet being town. Was more interested in your input but sure. I'm also very comfy on TOML being scum."

as comfortable as bif being scum?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

as comfortable as bif being scum?

"That was YOUR crusade not mine. I still maintain Bif's defends was uninspired. Didn't even roleclaim or anything, just let the lynch wash over her. I guess not everyone has my venom..."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's kinda quiet given there's only about 30 minutes left.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It's kinda quiet given there's only about 30 minutes left.

you're here. that's all that matters.

who is bussing you?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

well no, you weren't a prime suspect of anyone yet i think so how does that help?

Well it doesn't necessarily. Vanilla is still a thing. It's just that the power itself I don't THINK would benefit scum, so it would clear me. Were is suspect.
As is, I cant decide who to use it on.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"Beet, vote for TOML. With the momentum earlier I'm sure there'd be more on him now if he were town. And I don't think we're going to get an Anidav lynch."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

you're here. that's all that matters.

who is bussing you?

Just the joke vote, I guess. I've been at work most of the day. I'm looking at Kat, Birdstrike or TOML as potential votes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote TOML

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

"Beet, vote for TOML. With the momentum earlier I'm sure there'd be more on him now if he were town. And I don't think we're going to get an Anidav lynch."

yeah i'm leaning towards this but i'm always here to deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Just the joke vote, I guess. I've been at work most of the day. I'm looking at Kat, Birdstrike or TOML as potential votes.

you've said birdstrike twice. why?

• Locked thread