Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Huh. Guess it was an SK after all. That sorts that out, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That's a pretty long tongue.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have an exam at 1:30 BNE so I'm naturally preparing for it. I will return later this afternoon.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
So Principal, was EXAKT Science town or scum aligned?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

To clarify, as far as I know they could still be either a vig or SK. If he was a SK, this game just got a whole lot easier.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Freudian Slip posted:

So Principal, was EXAKT Science town or scum aligned?

"How unlike you to miss this! The Principal said 3P.... a Serial Killer!"

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I will not be able to post substantively until about 8pm or maybe a bit earlier, am playing Twilight Imperium all day

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

"How unlike you to miss this! The Principal said 3P.... a Serial Killer!"

No, I saw that and had no idea what it meant :blush:

I thought it might be to do with the anime

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

I will not be able to post substantively until about 8pm or maybe a bit earlier, am playing Twilight Imperium all day

"Who'd you protect last night?"

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

ES would have come up as scum in the scan correct? Doesn't that clear everyone else who voted for Bif on day one?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

ES would have come up as scum in the scan correct? Doesn't that clear everyone else who voted for Bif on day one?

"It's at the principal's discretion, but generally SK's don't show up as scum."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian Slip posted:

nope

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Typically they will word it to indicate, "X Non-Town" might mean any faction, "X Scum" typically only covers the scum faction and not 3P whatevers.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
May I ask why we think the Doctor didn't get killed last night? Scum faction still had their kill, and I'm actually very relieved the SK turned up dead cos I thought I would end up getting framed locked in my room.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh, and I'll clarify, not asking for role calls but more trying to gauge how many protective roles there could be in play because it will naturally help us uncover more ideas of what scum are playing with.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

OK will be gone for most of the day but will be back well before deadline.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I mean I guess that's IF he is a doctor, but anyway, that IF is a potential reason he's not dead too.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

May I ask why we think the Doctor didn't get killed last night? Scum faction still had their kill, and I'm actually very relieved the SK turned up dead cos I thought I would end up getting framed locked in my room.

"Haha sure, "framed", that's cute. Please. It's obvious the doctor would be an instant magnet for all town night roles, scum probably wanted to lay low, and pick something that would probably not be the doctor's target!"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"An absolutely pathetic attempt to appear innocent and unknowing from Delacour. Ha! You make me laugh."

##vote Kat Delacour

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

So I wonder who TOML doctored?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Uh, yes? Framed. If I was playing 3P SK and there was a blaring announcement in the thread that someone couldn't use their night actions I'd sure as poo poo waive my kill to point the finger the next day.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

We know that 2/3 of Anidav/Kat/TOML are scum. There's no rush to lynch, but lets face it, if we lynch another town with odds like that we'll look dumb. Let's get some proper elimination done.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'll get totally butt hurt if you kill me before Anidav.

##vote Anidav

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It could be you too Gwyn.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
ONE OF Birdstrike, Matthew Beet, bowmore, Asphyxious, HiipFire, Freudian Slip
MORE OF Anidav, Gwyn, TOML, Kat

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

We know that 2/3 of Anidav/Kat/TOML are scum. There's no rush to lynch, but lets face it, if we lynch another town with odds like that we'll look dumb. Let's get some proper elimination done.

"It's 2/4 of Anidav/Kat/TOML/Gwyn for the rest of us.."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm about to leave for the exam. I'm curious about last night though. Only one kill happened; does that mean the SK was also roleblocked? In past games I've been in the SK's kill still goes through then dies as the second kill?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And we don't know that it's 2 either. Stop repeating it like gospel.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh, was the other kill a girl?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So SK must have killed Tirade or was roleblocked.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
or doctor????????

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

Oh, nice observation.

Now I know you're in the scum doc.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

"Interesting you jump straight to ROLEBLOCKED when there's so far been no evidence of a roleblocker! A more elegant explanation is given that I said I was suspicious of EXACT SCIENCE that he'd try to kill me, and maybe I was protected? Or, more likely yeah, he killed Tirade.

I'm still categorising that as a SCUM SLIP though."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Could also be doctor. Won't know till TOML returns from whatever thing.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Did bowmore say if he has anymore sensors?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

"It's 2/4 of Anidav/Kat/TOML/Gwyn for the rest of us.."

Yeah, well. By the end of the day, my loyalty wont be in doubt. So don't waste any more time suspecting me.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
To make up for my lovely play of the last couple days while trying to maintain gainful employment I've returned to the humble art of spreadsheet craft.

Beet used his block on me D2 but he fakeout blocked Tirade D1, I don't know that anyone really noticed it at the time or linked it back to his block on me, but I thought I would point it out explicitly just in case.

Both of our N1 deaths had x-shot commutes and deaths they didn't use, so please don't hold onto your magical powers for too long. Wait for an appropriate time to use then - e.g. I think the Shaman call would have been spectacular in later game if someone got tracked but wanted to claim they were there for another reason, it was probably ill advised to use it on a D2 double kill - but DO use them.

I feel like the number of day powers and x shots we've seen so far means there may be a larger scum team than we might expect, which is why I'm getting lovely about "2/3" "nuh uh 2/4", bitch nobody knows poo poo about 2.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ugh

mafia edit: both of our n1 deaths had x shot commutes and hides

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Or maybe even a smaller scum team with bigger powers? Blech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

I feel like the number of day powers and x shots we've seen so far means there may be a larger scum team than we might expect, which is why I'm getting lovely about "2/3" "nuh uh 2/4", bitch nobody knows poo poo about 2.

Kat Delacour posted:

Or maybe even a smaller scum team with bigger powers? Blech.

"Kat quickly amends the 'larger scum team' idea after realising that with the data we have, that would confirm her as scum."

• Locked thread