Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Joking aside, if we die here, aside from the sadness at the game ending, I'll be pretty much okay with it. A death where we knew the risks, legitimately took the gamble, but it didn't pay off. I'd be a tiny bit disappointed to find out that there was, essentially, an encounter out here (the lizard lands) where, if we chose to investigate, it was more or less guaranteed that we'd die, but hey, we have been warned to stay away from big entities, and there were any number of chances for us to try and fight or run away cleverly. We decided we wanted to see what was up, and in the end, if it turns out to be the wrong decision, it's still one we made pretty well informed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Outrail posted:

:psyduck: What will that accomplish?

Voting plan Tomn.

The death of this nest of vipers. I want to pull the pillars of this place down on their empty loving heads. I want to collapse a mountain on them, and I want it to be LOUD enough to catch the attention of the hungry, greedy horror-gods out here, who will finish them off. Because gently caress THEM.

I'm glad to see a reasonable option's winning, but I gotta vote with my heart, and I am done being reasonable.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

F

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Outrail posted:

:psyduck: What will that accomplish?

Voting plan Tomn.

That option will not win this vote, but when this snake reads our mind, it will be hilarious when he sees we strongly considered murdering his rear end.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Maybe our response should be "Really, you figured out I am adopted. No poo poo I am adopted. I am black as all get out."

Yeah, plan Tomn would be good if it didn't have us Ignore the obvious. Before we open our mind it still looks like we're hiding something.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

post posted:

Yeah, plan Tomn would be good if it didn't have us Ignore the obvious. Before we open our mind it still looks like we're hiding something.

A nicer way to put it would probably be "I am adopted. To men, this is clear and I usually do not have to explain it."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

All humans look alike.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

F as Plan Basscop using super word

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

This may take me a bit to figure out. I'd like to update again tonight but no promises.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 21, 2015

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'm actually surprised at the number of votes for violence, but not horribly so. Take an already sketchy position and combine it with a guy who has us entirely under his power, just actively expressed loathing of us and disdain for our beliefs, and has a desire to see us dead. Whelp.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

That option will not win this vote, but when this snake reads our mind, it will be hilarious when he sees we strongly considered murdering his rear end.
Yeah, I want to kill him pretty bad.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Changing from J to F, Paste them.

Edit: damnit, too late

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Diogines posted:

I'd like to update again ... but no promises.

Because we're dead.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

This may take me a bit to figure out. I'd like to update again tonight but no promises.

:munch:

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnnyW6GFGvg

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hey remember when we were young and our most difficult decision was what colored shell to pick up?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Hey remember when we were young and our most difficult decision was what colored shell to pick up?

We actually made the wrong choice and died back then, everything since has been the fever dream of our last few moments.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You take a deep breathe that you might still speak with the great pressure pushing down upon you.  You say, I am Enkidel, son of Jalitha and Tudiya, son of... " you recount back the long generations, the names of great Kings and great Hearoes, the Figure remaining silent.  You hear the crackling of flames which seems to be coming from the pillar upon which the Figure leans its head.  You finally finish with "...Zepa, King of Zepath.  My loyalty is to El, my friends, family and people."

Again the massive Presence reverberates in intensity, buffering you with the power of each unseen, unheard, hidden word.  From what you can see between your fingers from the radiant light in front of you, the Figure does not seem to have moved at all.  Finally the female creature speaks, hissing sounds punctuating the words of its alien tongue.  "The Anssssient One takesssss offenssssse at yours liessssss, but issss not dessssssieved.  Your very pressssssence is offensssssse enough, for you are declared to be an abominassssshhhhion in the eyessssss most holy, sssssstumbling blindly and foolisssshhhhly before the ssssspectre of an uncaring god.  It is not for mersssssysss ssssake that you are not ssssstruck dead and that which you have unjusssstly ssssstolen is reclaimed, but for disssssgussst that you mussssst be touched to reclaim it.  You are ordered to ssssubmit, relax your mind and the pain ssssshall be brief elssse you wisssshhhh to claim the privilege of death or grovel and pray that mersssssy might somehow be given to a perversssse monsssstrosity ssssuch as yoursssself."

....crap.

Your hands still in front of your eyes to block them from the blinding light of the Figure upon the throne, you yell ""A moment! You say that I lie, but it is not possible for one to lie if he knows not the truth. If you wish to search my mind in order to learn the secrets of my birth, I would gladly allow you to do so that I may learn those secrets myself."

Somewhere very close, you hear the crackling of flames.

You do not stop with your request "But I ask that you do so gently, for in searching you will find that if I have spoken falsehood, it was without intent to deceive. But if you seek to do other than to search my mind, please inform me that I may consider whether to seek death or mercy."

Long screens of silver chains hang from the ceiling along the side of the throne room, partially obscuring the view of the creatures in the gallery. There are no such thing as venetian blinds in Ur, but you hear a loud CLAP as the screens slam shut, fully obscuring the view of the creatures sitting in the gallery. The female creature which had been speaking to you, turns to the two guards, makes a terrified hiss-click noise and then the three of them run through a small door behind the throne in obvious fear! The ancient, sickly Figure upon the throne gives no hint of movement. The intensity of the Presence is growing exponentially... and it is not coming from the Figure.

But the pillar of rainbow-like metal upon which it rests its head.

Which is now, slowly, opening....

The screens of metal directly in front of you are parting. Nothing you see is moving them.

1. If there is anything you would like to do in this brief moment as the pillar opens, write it in now. This is a minivote. If you want any additional information about the scene around you, ask.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
This is amazing but way too alien for me to have a clue how to respond.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Can we poo poo our pants?

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Did i read this right? Seems like some wizard of snake oz poo poo is happening.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Althair posted:

This is amazing but way too alien for me to have a clue how to respond.

Standing with your mouth open in surprise of what the hell to do, is a very appropriate response in this situation!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Can we poo poo our pants?
Your colon is empty.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Either the godsnake is on fire or it's charging its laser. Considering the "Presence is growing exponentially", I will assume the latter. We probably should run or go in for the kill.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

I'd like to give the Cassandra Award to Mexican Deathgasm, who said "if we don't tell Snarls to rescue us, we won't be rescued once they drag is deeper into their territory."

That was spot on. The allegedly numerous escape plans were...Not plans, but desperate ill-fated last stands that got increasingly terrible.

"Now you're in Lizard Baitel. You have no idea which way is out, and you're pretty sure the whole place will be on high alert the minute you hit the gates You are also naked and cannot soak bullets. Would you like to try escaping NOW?"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wonder at our oncoming demise/revelation

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

brief prayer to El tp give us strength

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

...Hang on a second, did you say we've been able to pinpoint the source of the massive presence, and it's not the creature itself, but it's crown that's the source?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Oh, hell, CHARGE THE PILLAR!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Bede posted:

Did i read this right? Seems like some wizard of snake oz poo poo is happening.

Wizard of oz poo poo indeed. If they wanted to kill us, they could just shoot us. Something weird is happening.

Bede posted:

brief prayer to El tp give us strength

Doing this.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Say "...D-dad?"

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
We should not look at it. Avert eyes

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Aha! It was never the Lizard Pope that had the divine power! It was the Lizard Pope's hat!

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

Is the pillar or mouth opening? Do we see the glow of fire inside?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Rahul posted:

...Hang on a second, did you say we've been able to pinpoint the source of the massive presence, and it's not the creature itself, but it's crown that's the source?
It has no crown.

The pillar the Figure was leaning again.

Diogines posted:

Two large pillars made of a rainbow colored metal flank the throne. The occupant of the throne rests its head against one of them, its eyes receded back into its skull. Are you in the presence of... a demon? A god?

Diogines posted:

Two pillars of a metal which look like the colors of a rainbow straddle the throne and the creature rests its ancient head against one of them.

Diogines posted:

Each step closer to the throne and its massive, snake-bird-lizard-god Figure is harder than the last. When you finally arrive before it, you must raise your hands to block your face, the reflected radiance coming from the large metal pillars beside the Figure is too bright.

Diogines posted:

When you finally arrive before it, you must raise your hands to block your face, the reflected radiance coming from the large metal pillars beside the Figure is too bright.

Diogines posted:

Between gaps in your fingers, you see that the female lizard-creature who had prostrated herself on the floor beside the Figure on the throne has risen and leans her head close to the mouth of the Figure, which lay unmoving against one of the pillars of rainbow colored metal. You hear no sound, but you feel the PRESENCE pulsing several times, which is not an even remotely pleasant experience. The two guards standing beside the throne use their wings to cover the faces of their golden bird-shaped masks.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Does the lizard pope's hat/pillar feel evil? Or just unpleasantly intense?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Bede posted:

Is the pillar or mouth opening? Do we see the glow of fire inside?
The pillar is sliding open, top to bottom, across its full length. You see what looks like flames coming from it. Somehow you know they are not truly flames.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Can we dance?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Does the lizard pope's hat/pillar feel evil? Or just unpleasantly intense?

Unpleasantly intense is an understatement.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Can we dance?

Probably for a few brief moments. After that, we will see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Voting to stick our head between our legs and kiss our stupid rear end goodbye