Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Regular Episodes: Continuing Wednesday, January 20th at 9pm EST on Disney XD

Streamed episodes available at WatchDisneyXD

Star Wars: Rebels is a critically-acclaimed animated kids show following the adventures of a backwater resistance cell struggling against the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. The series itself takes place a few years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope and features a similarly varied cast of rogues, rebels, and robots: Leading them is Kanan Jarrus (Freddie Prinze Jr.), a reprobate Jedi survivor of Order 66; he serves as reluctant mentor to Ezra Bridger (Taylor Gray), a Force-sensitive orphan and ne'er-do-well from the planet Lothal. They are accompanied by the brutish Lasat mercenary Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios (Steve Blum), in addition to a literally-colorful Mandalorian explosives expert named Sabine Wren (Tyra Sircar). The group is ferried around on the modified transport Ghost by the hotshot Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla (Vanessa Marshall) and her psychopathic astromech droid C1-10P aka "Chopper". Rounding out the crew is the Togrutan ex-Jedi Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein), who, since leaving the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars, has become a significant figure in the larger Rebellion. The group is hounded across the galaxy by Imperial stormtroopers, internal security agents, and inquisitors under the command of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader (James Earl Jones).

Really, it's not a bad looking show.

Handy Links:

- Wherein a kid more annoying than Jar Jar recaps the first season.
- The show's official Star Wars.com page, which hosts surprisingly cool stuff like lots of high-res concept art, music tracks, and obscure trivia about each episode.
- WatchDisneyXD, where people with a cable subscription (and who aren't Time Warner customers, sorry) can stream not only the current season but the previous one as well.
- For those wanting to get into series prequel The Clone Wars but also want to remain sane, here's a super-useful, goon-made list of essential episodes to watch.
- And finally, the previous thread, with a slightly more expansive, if a bit out of date, OP. Here's the last Clone Wars thread as well.

Also, Chopper's a dick.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Also, thanks to Waffleman_ for his terrible pun of a thread title

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Mom and Dad are not proud of that title. :colbert:

I should probably watch Clone Wars or whatever at some point so I know what's up with this Ahsoka Tano person, I guess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ahoska is Anakin's former padawan and ended up dropping out of Jedi school after the council left her high and dry when she was framed for murder.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ahoska is Anakin's former padawan and ended up dropping out of Jedi school after the council left her high and dry when she was framed for murder.

To elaborate and spoil even more, she was finally found not guilty of the murder, and the Jedi were literally like "I guess this was your final test. Sorry for not believing you. We've decided to promote you to Jedi Knight!" She then proceeds to tell them they can gently caress right off and leaves the order. Anakin pleads with her to stay, but doesn't convince her. Oh, and if I remember correctly he was the only Jedi that never doubted her.

The Clone Wars did a great job of at least planting the seeds of Anakin's eventual turn. It was such a good show.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

On the topic of further character development, it's worth checking out The Clone Wars Legacy project; it's essentially a collection of episode-length pre-visualization reels from Clone Wars arcs that were never completed or adapted post-Disney buyout.

The "Crystal Crisis" arc gives us those Anakin-Obi-Wan buddy adventures that were hinted at for much of the original trilogy, but shown precious little of in the prequels nor TCW. Plus, it sets up a few plot elements in Rebels.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ahsoka: I had a Space Dad once, too.
Ezra: What happened to him?
Ahsoka: ...

*cut to Vader Force-choking a plumber for scamming him on those tin pipes*

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cross-Section posted:

On the topic of further character development, it's worth checking out The Clone Wars Legacy project; it's essentially a collection of episode-length pre-visualization reels from Clone Wars arcs that were never completed or adapted post-Disney buyout.

The "Crystal Crisis" arc gives us those Anakin-Obi-Wan buddy adventures that were hinted at for much of the original trilogy, but shown precious little of in the prequels nor TCW. Plus, it sets up a few plot elements in Rebels.

Oh, hey, the Bad Batch stuff is finally up, what order do those episodes/reels go in?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Bad Batch - A Distant Echo - On the Wings of Keeradaks - Unfinished Business, according to Wookieepedia.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Hahahha, drat, Chopper is the best. Someone post the gif of action-hero Chopper reaching to grab on to the pipe as he's flying into the spaceship. You know the one I mean.

Also, I guess I should finish Clone Wars too. Is Ashoka a full time cast member this year?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cross-Section posted:

Also, thanks to Waffleman_ for his terrible pun of a thread title

Aaaah! :ocelot:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

OldSenileGuy posted:

Hahahha, drat, Chopper is the best.

He really is. Although I have to admit for a few seconds I was looking forward to that chill imperial courier droid to join the crew. RIP droid, Chopper's an rear end in a top hat and this is his ship.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
Here is a great poster for Season 2 that was at Star Wars Celebration in April. To my knowledge the original version has never been released to the internet, this is a picture someone took with a camera.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that looks like a good way to get your head cut off with your own lightsaber :v:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

VirtualStranger posted:

Here is a great poster for Season 2 that was at Star Wars Celebration in April. To my knowledge the original version has never been released to the internet, this is a picture someone took with a camera.

Oh, what's that behind me? Somebody taking a picture?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I am super pumped for this. I'm going to marathon season 1 and the last four episodes of The Clone Wars season 5 in order to get ready.

Fair warning: the Wikipedia page for Rebels has some spoilers for the premier under the episodes list.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
New thread! :neckbeard:

New episode tonight! :neckbeard:

Vader wrecking everyone's poo poo! :neckbeard:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How long between the first and second episode?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A little more than two months at least; we'll probably see a concrete date either tonight or next month at Comic Con.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
holy poo poo, this is already back?!

e: oh

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
2 MONTHS!

loving hell...

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Thank the fine folks at Disney XD, creators of the unholy monstrosity that is Gravity Falls' airing schedule.

If it's any consolation, tonight's premiere is apparently pretty loving good though :cheers:

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I'm downright giddy in anticipation! I love this show!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, hey, these idiots.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the minister is defecting.

Oh poo poo, a new Lego special.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 21, 2015

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Episode spoilers: Not anymore, she isn't. :ohdear:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 21, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey guys, might want to use spoiler tags, some people probably aren't awake to watch it live. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RIP Minister

"You Were Ineffectual"

It's only 9, but sure, whatever. :v:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty sure spoiler tags aren't necessary given that it's airing on the East Coast but whateHOLY poo poo VADER FIGHT :dance:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The gently caress is this Gamer's Guide bullshit?

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Saying that was a fight is merely a courtesy to Kanan and Ezra

Vader's really back :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how Steve Blum is every stormtrooper.

Edit: LANDO!

So Vader really wants at Kenobi.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 21, 2015

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hey, I'd want to track down the guy who cut off my remaining organic limbs and left me burning alive next to a lava flow. :shrug:

Bit disappointed that the Emperor's just like "Found your old apprentice, and thus a likely solid link to the rest of the surviving Jedi? meh just send another inquisitor :v: " but I imagine they can only have James Earl Jones on retainer for so long. That said, I'm glad that it looks like we're getting the Clones episode right off the bat when the show returns in the Fall, though.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 21, 2015

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Is it lying if you're desperately trying to convince yourself you're wrong?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for the inevitable Ahsoka/Vader confrontation.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo. I am geeking so hard. Finally to get some Vader speak after all these years. Was so disappointed with the minimalism that he had in Episode 3 that this was like trying to breathe and finally getting that first clear breath. Nice callback to the relationship in Clone Wars!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This show owns so hard.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If the season keeps up the momentum and overall quality I'm going to be shattered if TFA isn't good. :ohdear:

J.J., don't gently caress us on this one.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Jones sounded SO much better than he did earlier in the show in the extended premiere. Not sure if they recorded him previously while he was in bad health or what, but he sounded solid in this outing.

Teek fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 21, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Episode: Good.

Hiatus: Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Carteret posted:

If the season keeps up the momentum and overall quality I'm going to be shattered if TFA isn't good. :ohdear:

J.J., don't gently caress us on this one.

Post-Lucas SW is looking good so far but I'm with you on that one.

• Locked thread