Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Unlike many other derails, this one is not fun to read. Thank you for reading my posts, and please stop, all of the rest of you. Jinho fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Suspicious Dish posted:

Unlike many other derails, this one is not fun to read. Thank you for reading my posts, and please stop, all of the rest of you. Jinho fighting.

FIne, but just lemme get this last snipe in: that dude is really misplaced in a thread called The Genius.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

FIne, but just lemme get this last snipe in: that dude is really misplaced in a thread called The Genius.

You failed the snipe.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Lmao I did not expect to get cross examined, haha I figured that pretty much everyone was aware of the historical context around the symbol (which would be exceedingly obvious even if someone didn't know because the episode specifically lists it out as being a marker for a Buddhist temple). Everybody in this thread got no faith in their fellow posters intelligence chill out and watch Korean game shows my friends

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Dias posted:

Rude

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I knew the swastika was a buddhist symbol but I always thought it was a minor obscure thing. It caught me by surprise that it was casually used to identify a buddhist temple.

Oh my, I feel so culturally enlightened after watching these korean shows.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

What is wrong with you people?

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

Lmao I did not expect to get cross examined, haha I figured that pretty much everyone was aware of the historical context around the symbol (which would be exceedingly obvious even if someone didn't know because the episode specifically lists it out as being a marker for a Buddhist temple). Everybody in this thread got no faith in their fellow posters intelligence chill out and watch Korean game shows my friends

I mean, you could have explained your intent sooner rather than post like an ignoramus repeatedly.

Anyways I hope tittygod gets eliminated first.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Suspicious Dish posted:

You failed the snipe.

Well, this was a dumb waste of time. Also, yeah, let's hope for Tittygod getting eliminated first. Either that or a crazy upset.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm going to make a fairly bold prediction: one of past winners or a 2nd place finisher of the Genius will be eliminated in the first episode.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Dias posted:

Well, this was a dumb waste of time. Also, yeah, let's hope for Tittygod getting eliminated first. Either that or a crazy upset.

From the latest episode preview, I wonder if everyone is ganging up on the 3 champions.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

pokeyman posted:

DOOHEEEEEEE

That episode still makes me mad.

It was hilarious.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I'm going to make a fairly bold prediction: one of past winners or a 2nd place finisher of the Genius will be eliminated in the first episode.

I hope the showrunners realize that for this season it's important that they not have any "popular vote deathmatches", for otherwise the contestants who make for the best tv will quickly be eliminated.

dungtongue
Jan 8, 2014

NowonSA posted:

You have a 46.2% chance of being right.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

dungtongue posted:

You have a 46.2% chance of being right.

Did they manage to get all the first and second place finishers back? I was sure they were missing two. Anyway, I still think it's bold because they've proven to be good at the Genius, so taking that into account it's probably more in the 35-40% range. Like, you can't give Jinho the same odds of reaching the finals as Tittygod, for example, so I'd factor that in.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Dias posted:

Also, yeah, let's hope for Tittygod getting eliminated first.
My theory on why they included him is basically so that we have someone who can take the first elimination and everyone feels pretty good about it.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

NowonSA posted:

Did they manage to get all the first and second place finishers back?

Yes. They also got all the 3rd places.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

NowonSA posted:

Did they manage to get all the first and second place finishers back? I was sure they were missing two. Anyway, I still think it's bold because they've proven to be good at the Genius, so taking that into account it's probably more in the 35-40% range. Like, you can't give Jinho the same odds of reaching the finals as Tittygod, for example, so I'd factor that in.

Even taking odds into account, saying "One of these 6 (out of 13) players will get eliminated" isn't exactly a bold prediction.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Being so good at the game that you win it would obviously paint a target on your back. I want to see Sangmin enter the room triumphantly wearing a feather cloak again, but honestly it seems likely to me that the winners will be distrusted and sent to the deathmatches earlier on. It would make sense to me from a player perspective to oust the previous winners, but it wouldn't necessarily be so from an entertainment perspective.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

captain innocuous posted:

Being so good at the game that you win it would obviously paint a target on your back. I want to see Sangmin enter the room triumphantly wearing a feather cloak again, but honestly it seems likely to me that the winners will be distrusted and sent to the deathmatches earlier on. It would make sense to me from a player perspective to oust the previous winners, but it wouldn't necessarily be so from an entertainment perspective.

Who would want to challenge them to a deathmatch though? They're usually smart enough to avoid last place and they're terrifying in 1 on 1 combat. That really only leaves the male losers as they''ll probably avoid choosing any of the four female contestants. That's just good entertainment demographics.

If Jinho gets chosen I'd love for him to challenge Yohwan just for the hell of it.
Sangmin would choose the weakest non-female player there. Probably Tittygod.
Dongmin would choose whoever pissed him off the most.
Hyunmin would choose the weakest non-female character so probably Tittygod.
Kyungrun would choose whoever betrayed her the most.
Jungmoon would choose whoever pissed her off the most.
Mentality King might actually choose Dongmin to prevent future collaborations.
That one guy that Jinho betrayed in season 1 would probably choose Jinho.
Poker player would choose the weakest player there. Probably Jungmoon or Tittygod.
Tittygod would probably choose Jungmoon.
Lawyer girl would choose...I have no idea who she would choose. Probably Tittygod.
Politician would choose whoever would make him look less scummy for choosing them. So probably Tittygod.
Yohwan would choose...either Jinho or the weakest character there. So possibly Tittygod or Jungmoon. And honestly he'd probably chicken out of choosing Jinho.

I have no idea why I wrote this up. Place your bets now people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Was Dongmin only in one deathwatch?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sneak preview of Titty God's first deathmatch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Max posted:

I'm pretty sure, yeah. Almost lost it too.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dias posted:

I'm pretty sure, yeah. Almost lost it too.

I was gonna say, he played the overall game well, but came precariously close to choking in his deathmatch. Though his recovery was pretty bold.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Max posted:

Yes, Wikipedia is strangely thorough with The Genius: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Genius_(TV_series)#Gameplay_3

Sangmin went to the death match only once (when he lost in season 1's semifinals). It's kind of amazing if you think about it.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Less than a week to go!

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
By the way the Crime Scene episode is out and...

17:50 in and I lost my poo poo at that reveal.

eta- Twist! I thought this was the finale so I'm really happy there is another one.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 22, 2015

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love that the google auto-translate consistently called one of the contestants "Choi win."

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That ending!

Does that mean Jang Jin is just ruled out for the continuation? I guess only giving them an hour max makes cutting the suspect pool down to 4 a bit more fair.

Is it next week, yet?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

qbert posted:

That ending!

Does that mean Jang Jin is just ruled out for the continuation? I guess only giving them an hour max makes cutting the suspect pool down to 4 a bit more fair.

Is it next week, yet?

It only makes sense that Jang Jin is not a suspect any more. But doesn't it mean that Dongmin has to be the criminal? He already admitted to strangling the PD. It would be weird if it turns out someone strangled the PD after Dongmin did but before Jang showed up to stab him.

Cue making fun of all the cast members for their fake life details. I can't wait to see the Jinho X Hani fanart. :allears:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Though his recovery was pretty bold.

I wouldn't even say that. He attempted to make a move when he knew he lost, and his opponent was too dumb to realize what happened, or didn't understand the rules.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

JakeP posted:

I wouldn't even say that. He attempted to make a move when he knew he lost, and his opponent was too dumb to realize what happened, or didn't understand the rules.

Easily 80% of people would just go "shucks I lost, GG" there or broadcast their hopelessness with some kind of gesture. It ultimately ended up being the difference between winning and fourth place so I wouldn't downplay it.

Yeonjoo even said she only short circuited because she just couldn't believe Dongmin would make a move if he had completely lost

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 22, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The streak is still on, and I need to get a lawyer to sue Crime Scene for making part of Jinho's role a 100% success rate.

Pretty fun case, looking forward to seeing how they'll resolve next week's craziness, particularly with one obvious suspect already.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Jang Jin this time because he's the only one who hasn't been the criminal yet and unlike the other cases, it's entirely up to the producers who the criminal will be.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

The streak is still on, and I need to get a lawyer to sue Crime Scene for making part of Jinho's role a 100% success rate.

Pretty fun case, looking forward to seeing how they'll resolve next week's craziness, particularly with one obvious suspect already.

Does this one really count though? :v:

Next week is gonna be weird, partly because they've only got an hour... on a show that runs an hour and a half. Also because the obvious choice would seem to be Dongmin, as of now. He already admitted to strangling the PD. I'm interested to see how they play this.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
They said the victim's cause of death was asphyxiation, which doesn't necessarily mean he was strangled, and he probably wasn't. I'm ruling out Jang Jin and Dongmin on the next epsiode. My guess is that the victim had an allergic reaction to whatever was dissolved in his coffee; his throat swelled up, he couldn't breath, and then died. I'm calling it now; it's Jinho.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Does this one really count though? :v:

Well, I'm assuming it does, because it's kind of bullshit that the money would be announced as rewarded or removed as a penalty and then be taken away. Hopefully we'll find out what's up at the start of the next episode. Also, if it turns out that Dongmin is the super-secret actual killer, for example, then by the show's rules he's succeeded by the time that Jang is voted the killer. A vote was held, he wasn't picked, he should get everyone's money. I mean they play fast and loose with the "money" anyway, so who the hell knows what's up, but my assumption would be that they are playing a bonus round for even more money. Who the hell knows though, they just do whatever the hell they want

Basically they're pulling D.C. universe reset shenanigans here, and I'm fearful of the precedent. I will acknowledge this win as my version of that one time the Undertaker won by DQ though.

Also I approve of Sub's theory, but I my guess without further evidence is the criminal is Hani

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Case was fun but pretty easy.

Pretty quickly Jinho and Jang Jin became the main suspects, but Jang Jin had a stronger motive and stronger sleeping medication so he seemed like the obvious pick even without finding the decisive murder weapon clue. But if you found that clue then there was no doubt at all.

Also I think the current money standings are as follows:

Jinho 10,000
Dongmin 5000
Park 5000
Hani 5000
Jang Jin 2000

That's assuming that the winner listings on wikipedia are accurate and that the results from this case counted (so having a 2nd part of the case doesn't nullify the first).

Elite fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 23, 2015

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I'm going to predict A double twist! The death is actually suicide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The atrocious google translate Finnish was the highlight of the episode :allears: