Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
nathan jones is a gun. change of scenery has done wonders with vince. love viney. big win. well done everyone. good effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Drugs posted:

Years of sustained success have turned the Geelong fan base into entitled babies

Baby boomers of the AFL.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm not sure how, but I think I just won my ultimate footy matchup by 10 points on the back of Vince and Blicavs playing blinders

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
What the gently caress happened

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

pkid posted:

Baby boomers of the AFL.

:thurman:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

nathan jones' shrug off tackle and goal at the beginning of the 4th quarter against play made me think holy poo poo we are actually a good shot to win this. geelong couldnt kick a goal to save themselves in the last, looked like they just struggled to get themselves into the right headspace after the dee's jumped them early.

really happy with stretch and neal-bullen too. great signs of confidence from the young guys.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im also really happy that all the clearance players we have in the midfield are really gelling together and have had a really good few weeks as a group. to beat collingwood and now geelong's midfields in short succession of each other is really good signs.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bernie Vince cost me Ultimate Footy victory. That and Scully being sick. :argh:
I'm already consigned to the fact I won't win a whopper.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Diet Crack posted:

Bernie Vince cost me Ultimate Footy victory. That and Scully being sick. :argh:
I'm already consigned to the fact I won't win a whopper.

Your arteries will thank you.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

nathan jones' shrug off tackle and goal at the beginning of the 4th quarter against play made me think holy poo poo we are actually a good shot to win this. geelong couldnt kick a goal to save themselves in the last, looked like they just struggled to get themselves into the right headspace after the dee's jumped them early.

really happy with stretch and neal-bullen too. great signs of confidence from the young guys.

Neal-Bullen got potted by a lot of people last week for being caught with the ball, but that was bullshit, he was just the recipient of lovely handballs under pressure. Great to see his performance this game.

Watts has put in a really good three weeks imo. I hope he can continue this form to the end of the year to keep himself off the trade table.

The fact that we were able to win without Hogan, Pederson, Salem and Kent is just loving awesome.

Is Jamar contracted past the end of this year? If not I hope he gets a send off game at the G, he has been a great servant of the club.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Is Jamar contracted past the end of this year? If not I hope he gets a send off game at the G, he has been a great servant of the club.

Why would he leave? Hawthorn have enough ruckmen.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

this is pretty great

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Why would he leave? Hawthorn have enough ruckmen.

I wouldn't imagine we'd keep him on to run around in the VFL

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Who still thinks Paddy Dangerfield is going to Geelong?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
:lol::lol: this is hilarious

Schlesische posted:

Who still thinks Paddy Dangerfield is going to Geelong?

I do. More than a hint of the Ablett 2010 and Franklin 2013 about his negotiations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah well, I don't feel so bad about Geelong losing to Melbourne, but there definitely needs some questions asked about the lads.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Dangerfield is 100% gone but I doubt he's headed to Geelong. Hawthorn

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

Dangerfield is 100% gone but I doubt he's headed to Geelong.
What I've heard from too many people is that he genuinely just wants to come home.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

dont fool yourselves. hes heading to sydney.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shmoses posted:

What I've heard from too many people is that he genuinely just wants to come home.

He himself also explicitly said that he wants a premiership, and Adelaide are gonna have to demonstrate that they're heading in the right direction to retain his services.

Also, tipping is for jerks.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Chairchucker posted:

He himself also explicitly said that he wants a premiership, and Adelaide are gonna have to demonstrate that they're heading in the right direction to retain his services.

If he is picking between Adelaide and Geelong and wants to play for the club closest to a flag, he should stick with Adelaide or potentially go west.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He could easily wind up at a Melbourne club pushing for a flag. He can still live on the surf coast then.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Chairchucker posted:

Also, tipping is for jerks.
He's just saying the right things. Will be a Geelong player.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Why Geelong over any of the other Victorian clubs?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Family lives there and Frank Costa is literally a family friend

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
We were the only game played today, danger would have been watching, he's coming to Melbourne, dead cert.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Yay Melbourne! Dunno if my happiness is cause I have a soft spot for the demons or cause I hate Geelong. Probably both.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
How?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Chairchucker posted:

Why Geelong over any of the other Victorian clubs?
He's from about 40kms from there and wants to go home

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I thought only Hawthorn supporters really hated Geelong, despite the fact that Geelong hasn't beaten them in a final since 1963.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

gabensraum posted:

I thought only Hawthorn supporters really hated Geelong, despite the fact that Geelong hasn't beaten them in a final since 1963.

We beat them in 2011 on the way to a flag

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

gabensraum posted:

Us Freo supporters hate them too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gabensraum posted:

I dunno if hate's the right word, I mean the rivalry was fun while it lasted but frankly there's a few teams above them on my list of jerk clubs.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
:D

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
chrono i want to give you the biggest high 5 right about now

I'm watching the replay with fox footy audio now and jesus loving christ derwayne russel is a piece of poo poo, could not barrack any harder for geelong on air if he tried.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 21, 2015

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I came to Melbourne and it didn't rain, I see west coast win on a non flat track, I see chrono's team get a win, I get off the plane and dees have beaten the cats and there's 100 posts and there's heavy rain for once in perth and now my roof is loving leaking wtf is going on

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

chrono i want to give you the biggest high 5 right about now

I'm watching the replay with fox footy audio now and jesus loving christ derwayne russel is a piece of poo poo, could not barrack any harder for geelong on air if he tried.

cameron ling (obviously) was going pretty hard for them on 3AW. was funny at half time when someone asked him what was going wrong and he said 'well i think it would be fair to say melbourne are one of the better clearance teams in the league...' and he was corrected by someone saying 'actually geelong are 15th in the league for clearances and melbourne are 17th' and ling was like 'oh...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I came to Melbourne and it didn't rain, I see west coast win on a non flat track, I see chrono's team get a win, I get off the plane and dees have beaten the cats and there's 100 posts and there's heavy rain for once in perth and now my roof is loving leaking wtf is going on

The meat was actually pure lsd and you're infected for life.

footy

• Locked thread