Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Casing the thread, part 1: Lurker edition

Every vote of imgay's is bad. Basically every post of his has been bad.

The three lynches:

imgay posted:

Holy poo poo what just happened.

imgay posted:

##vote Wall monitor
I don't understand why. Maybe gg saw some weird spergy thing in it. Voting this makes sense, as much sense as anything else.

imgay posted:

sure why not ##vote exact

I know we've been going fast this game (two lynches in 24 hours), but his only real contribution was his last post about not giving out information we don't need to.

Opop has been in the same boat, but hasn't been called on it.

Opopanax posted:

I'm not seeing the case on wall mon

This is the only post that makes me back off on him. He's been lurking, and kind of going along with the group, but he didn't follow our insane rush onto wall mon, who flipped guard. It's possible he's an assassin who backed off to get some town credit, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I sorta see what you are saying, but I sorta still feel more comfortable that chaoslord is a better "if not assassin he's at least not my team" lynch pick.

Also, imgay not describing his actions is not necessarily a bad thing, as he says. It feels like sometimes its good to explain things, and sometimes its not.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Part 2: Not lurker edition (now featuring Chaoslord!) (not actually featuring chaoslord, it's just Kleedrac)

Kleedrac posted:

It's an open setup my friend;

This makes me think you're a guard who's trying to cause confusion - as a fellow guard I say you can stop now - there is enough confusion to go around.
Claiming guard is basically the worst thing a guard can do. It defeats the entire purpose of your existence. I can't believe I missed that earlier.

Kleedrac posted:

I actually disagree with this Mithross for the following reasons;
1) Assassin: This player needs to gather as much information as possible while the game is going on - they cannot afford to die until they have a reasonable idea of who the two heirs are and in most games lurking is a great way to stay alive.
2) Guards: These are the VT - as a guard myself I'd gladly die if I think it's going to give my heir an advantage - I want my heir protected which means I'm going to be completely open and honest about every player in the game except them - I want to make cases against anyone of an opposing color alignment and essentially be VT
3) Heirs: Due to the nature of the game the heir has slightly less information than anyone else save assassin - but they has several players looking out for their best interests! Their best play is to try to blend in and hope if they make a mistake their guards will help build cases against others or make themselves seem like better lynch targets to save the heir - not a great reason to lurk here.

I think the assassin was/will be lurking in this game quite hard and it is very telling to find someone who is trying to stay out of it or only prod for more and more information so they get a sense of the heirs.
Another guard claim.

Also, doubling down on being sure the assassin is a lurker, which means you absolutely should be voting imgay right now, but you aren't.

Kleedrac posted:

Whoops - well then ...
I'm pretty sure one of Runaktla or Chaoslord aren't on my team. Looking back I think I'm on Runaktla's team so ...
##Vote: Chaoslord
Again with making yourself less of a guard, announcing your team (sort of)

Kleedrac has been talking over, and over, and over about how much of a guard he is. This is not guard etiquette. We should be voting either imgay or kleedrac today.

##vote Kleedrac

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Huh not sold yet but I think that's a good case I'll look at it later (at lunch phone posting).

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Kleedrac (1): Mithross
Runaktla (1): chaoslord
chaoslord (1): Kleedrac

Not Voting (3): imgay, Opopanax, Runaktla

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Thought it over, still feeling chaoslord is a better pick on the "if not assassin at least he ain't my team"

##vote chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Kleedrac

Now to wait for imgay and opop. RIP this game, they're never coming back.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry, I've been bingeing on new FFXIV expansion. Regardless of Kleedrac's role, he is putting out too much information
##vote Kleedrac

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm here, I'm just trying to figure out who is the assassin

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If neither of you is willing to go Kleedrac, I'm willing to switch to chaoslord I guess.

##vote chaoslord

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Reading over Id do kleedrac too now, but not gonna hammer yet in case opop has anything more to add.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lol timing

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Yeah I'd say after re reading I'm feeling more Kleedrac than chaoslord.

##vote Kleedrac

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Runaktla posted:

Reading over Id do kleedrac too now, but not gonna hammer yet in case opop has anything more to add.

Either way. It looked like Opop had enough time to decide, but maybe not.

##vote Kleedrac

I do think it's the better choice, but chaoslord and imgay are both good second choices.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Oops lol :redhammer:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

:redhammer:

Look at those timestamps. Synchronized Hammer!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Stop copying me before I do things!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was just about to say Klee would be a good choice so thumbs up I guess

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Kleedrac was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players (5)
chaoslord
imgay
Mithross
Opopanax
Runaktla

Day 5.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:ghost: :colbert: :ghost:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hmmmm well ##vote chaoslord prefer over imgay

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a bad feeling about mithross, but it's mainly due to his surge of effort so I feel conflicted

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I don't think I'd end up joining a lynch on Mithross, if the surge of effort was to take the heat off chaoslord... cause he did not want chaoslord to be lynched, then we just lynch chaoslord and see what pops. There is no night.

He also was willing to switch to chaoslord pretty easily.

He also would not have known Kleedrac was a guard.

He also made a lot of sense in his discussion, and I was surprised that Kleedrac flipped guard. Having played only one on other mafia game recently, after a 1 1/2 year hiatus, with Kleedrac, he managed to set himself up to get lynched, as town, in a kinda dumb way there too. After he flipped guard I was thinking huh this is suddenly familiar.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I would vote chaoslord or imgay today.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote imgay

15 posts since his last post here, 14 of which were after MIthross most recent post. No effort all game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats true chaoslord, I've been preoccupied the weekend. I'll vote you though if its you or me.
##vote chaoslord

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

chaoslord (2): Runaktla, imgay
imgay (1): chaoslord

Not Voting (2): Mithross, Opopanax

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote Chaoslord

I've been wrong so far this game, I'll try listening to someone else.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

:redhammer:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Chaoslord was a Guard.

Remaining Players (4)
imgay
Mithross
Opopanax
Runaktla

It's now Day 6 and the game can't possibly end in a draw anymore.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry I haven't been openly hunting, but whats the point in this game. All the votes have been lemming votes anyways and Mithross has led a number of them. We are now at a point where the assassin has a 150% to hit a heir, aka we are pretty hosed. I'm voting context over content.
##vote Mithross

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm doing a whole Father's Day thing, so I probably won't be able to update this for a bit today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, so two of you are heirs and one is an assassin. Assassin is in a damned fine spot and needs to be our big focus. I feel best about Runa so I want to vote Mithross or imgay and am honestly leaning more towards Ross right now

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Geez we are bad at this wow, btw phone posting while driving and busy all day may not be available til tomorrow but I'll try.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
##vote imgay
I think he's the scum/not my heir.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

imgay (2): Mithross, Runaktla
Mithross (1): imgay

Not Voting (1): Opopanax

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to go with my gut ##vote mithross

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Everyone has voted but it will take 3 votes to lynch.

Votecount for Day 6

imgay (2): Mithross, Runaktla
Mithross (2): imgay, Opopanax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I know it sounds weird but mithross voting without saying a word gives me comfort it's like he doesn't have to make up an excuse.

I'm not seeing me change my vote.

• Locked thread