Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Oh and next year we'll have: Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, AoS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage and maybe a second season of JJ :stare:

Flash, Arrow, Izombie, Supergirl, Gotham, Walking Dead, Walking Dead Spin off, AOS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Legends of Tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucifer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm sorry that show doesn't actually exist.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Daredevil

Everything else

Yeah pretty much. SHIELD got pretty good, especially towards the end, but it still doesn't even really compare. I was about to look up if there were any news re: Jessica Jones release date, and apparently there's a good chance it'll be pushed to next year :smith:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Daredevil

Agents of Shield

Flash

Constantine

Arrow

Didn't see iZombie but it's supposedly pretty great.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Flash
Daredevil
Arrow
iZombie
Agents of Shield
Constantine
Gotham

Flash won. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I'd say Flash was my favorite. Dunno if it was the "best" but it was the one I looked forward to the most. Honestly I enjoyed all the ones I watched, I did not see Constantine or Gotham however.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Flash was probably my least favorite after the novelty wore off, but I don't watch Arrow so I can't compare there. The first 5-8 episodes I was really excited and like "oh man the Flash and he loves being the Flash and the effects are pretty good and supersonic punch." But then every episode started feeling the same (Villain X does a bad thing, Barry charges headlong in without thinking and gets his rear end beat, he gets lectured by the team who tells him what to do, he does it, sinister Tom Cavanagh stinger), the Iris situation was horrible, the season dragged on, and the writing just felt worse and worse. I also hated the finale but I know I'm alone there.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Flash, Arrow, Izombie, Supergirl, Gotham, Walking Dead, Walking Dead Spin off, AOS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Legends of Tomorrow

Also Preacher.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And iZombie

beaten like Blane

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I started watching iZombie as a joke thinking it was going to be poo poo and I ended up leaving with a really good impression of the first season.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Agent Carter and Daredevil are the closest thing we have to Prestige Shows™, but some of the others are good for some goofy fun.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I seem to recall reading in these here parts that AoS S1 is kinda lame, but S2 is awesome. Should I just power thru S1 to get to S2, or skip right to S2 to see if I like it? My bf really wants to watch it, but I'm always saying, "naw, let's watch some more Batman:Beyond instead" (which is discussion for a different thread, but boyhowdy am I enjoying that. I love cranky old Bruce).

And for the record, my order of preference for this year is:
Daredevil
Agent Carter
Flash
Arrow
Gotham
Constantine [RIP]
... which is interesting (to me at least) since I'm 90% a DC fangal. I only have a passing knowledge of the Marvel universe from being an old school Elektra fan (so natch I dug Daredevil) and some MCU movies. Marvel sure as gently caress has its game on when it comes to TV, though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I say power through, it's not so bad if you watch in one go, just kind of boring week to week. If you really want to skip ahead start at "Turn, Turn, Turn"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you don't watch at least part of season one nothing with Ward will have any impact.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
There are a few options for skipping stuff but I think 1, 4, 5 (7?) and then 10 onwards works okay if you want to skip the really pointless crap while still watching a lot of S1. It's still a bad show until Turn, Turn, Turn! though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
My list:

Daredevil
Flash
Gotham (its weird because I love how wildly stupid this show is that i actually have a blast watching it)
Arrow (if it was season 2 of Arrow it would be number 1 but this season was meh)
Constantine

Haven't watched iZombie but have heard great things about it and I stopped watching AoS in season 1.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Daredevil
Shield
Flash
IZombie
Arrow
Constantine

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Daredevil
Flash
iZombie
Agent Carter
Agents of SHIELD
Constantine
Arrow

Daredevil was far and away my favorite, but I loved Flash, iZombie, Agent Carter, and SHIELD so much, in different ways. Constantine was uneven, but Matt Ryan was amazing in it. And as much as I enjoyed binge-watching Arrow Seasons 1 and 2 last summer, Season 3 was a huge letdown by comparison.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 19, 2015

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

mikeraskol posted:

Flash was probably my least favorite after the novelty wore off, but I don't watch Arrow so I can't compare there. The first 5-8 episodes I was really excited and like "oh man the Flash and he loves being the Flash and the effects are pretty good and supersonic punch." But then every episode started feeling the same (Villain X does a bad thing, Barry charges headlong in without thinking and gets his rear end beat, he gets lectured by the team who tells him what to do, he does it, sinister Tom Cavanagh stinger), the Iris situation was horrible, the season dragged on, and the writing just felt worse and worse. I also hated the finale but I know I'm alone there.

That's actually how I felt as well. Season 1 of the Flash has so much potential but there were just these little things here and there that brought it down for me. I haven't read a Flash comic since the 90's so a ton of references just left me cold.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Daredevil and iZombie were great and the only things I'd unequivocally recommend to people.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

Daredevil and iZombie were great and the only things I'd unequivocally recommend to people.
:agreed:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, pretty much everything else my recommendation would probably have a lot of caveats involved, except maybe Agent Carter.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently TheCW is in early development stages for a solo Hawkgirl series

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'd say "there's no loving way they'll make wings and a lot of flying work with a CW budget" but Flash happened and wasn't godawful so here's hoping they're two for two on proving me wrong.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought that meant Lady Hawkguy and was really confused why that would be on CW but thought it would be cool and now I'm REALLY disappointed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's not like flying will factor in much to fighting random mooks in nondescript warehouses full of pipes and crates.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I bet a good reason their doing this is they already figured out how to do flying stuff on the cheap without looking like complete poo poo. He wasn't on Flash a ton, but Firestorm's flying looked good; wings will probably be a little harder, but I'm sure they've worked it out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I bet a good reason their doing this is they already figured out how to do flying stuff on the cheap without looking like complete poo poo. He wasn't on Flash a ton, but Firestorm's flying looked good; wings will probably be a little harder, but I'm sure they've worked it out.

They also got practice with the Atom suit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

They also got practice with the Atom suit.

They're just going to recycle those shots with her superimposed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I wonder if they'll go the "Nth metal harness lets me fly, the wings do the steering" route and avoid most of the awkward flapping that way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They should hire the people who do effects on Dominion, they did a good job with wings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AKA "DC won't let us do that Wonder Woman show anymore, so fine, hammer mace time"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
If they give her the personality of the JL/U Hawkgirl I am 100% on board with this.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Basically we'll have Arrow, Flash and Hawkgirl as the TV equivalents of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Cool. I was hoping for Vixen live-action but to be honest they can probably get way more mileage out of a Hawkgirl show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

AKA "DC won't let us do that Wonder Woman show anymore, so fine, hammer mace time"

Any Wonder Woman show plans have been dead in the water since forever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

They've got 3 fliers (including Hawkgirl) on Legends of Tomorrow, so I figure they must have figured something out.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

BrianWilly posted:

Cool. I was hoping for Vixen live-action but to be honest they can probably get way more mileage out of a Hawkgirl show.

Way more in to murder than Ollie and Barry but also probably fighting against an alien invasion. Sounds pretty awesome really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Soylentbits posted:

Way more in to murder than Ollie and Barry but also probably fighting against an alien invasion. Sounds pretty awesome really.

Is she gonna be droppin' bodies?

EDIT: Literally droppin'bodies