Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Excuse me, I think we need more Bearyonetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I am okay with this.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Great showing with the hammer: I mostly used it situationally for dudes with shields but I'll have to give it another whirl (for DPS I tended to use the chainsaws, those things are great for big enemies because you can do a lot of damage in between their attacks).

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 5, 2015

Malah
May 18, 2015

And we've finally reached Resentment. That instakill was one of the high moments of your Bayo2 stream.

Listening to you breathe fire on this game's numerous flaws is becoming more entertaining than the actual game at this point, and I'm not sure whether that says worse things about the game or better things about your LP. I cannot comprehend how the developers managed to drop the ball on absolutely everything for this game. They came rather close with the visuals but, oops, Mari Shimazaki had to butcher Jeanne's goddamn hair. Knowing the context makes the outfit tolerable and then the hair so much worse, because that style is awful for a biker. Why Kamiya approved that monstrosity is a mystery. :colbert:

Anyway -

I finally got around to watching the B1 Kamiya LP and it was hilarious to hear the developers "swore off" effectively everything about the Bayonetta 2 AI that we hate. Two consolation prizes for marathoning it: Kamiya completely bent over the Space Harrier segment and casually mentions that he may have let it drag on a bit too long for the player's enjoyment (followed by a "NO poo poo" from every single viewer who had played through it), and then he mentioned at the end of the chapter that they cut a "Headless Knight" air boss when they redesigned the endgame pacing. No points for guessing when that was picked up from the cutting room floor.

Malah fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 7, 2015

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Update 11: Whisperer of Dementia No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

Alruna

A whip containing the soul of a demon who shares the same name as a flower that blooms in Inferno. Laced with thorns, it slithers as if it were alive.

Those who hear the crack of the whip can feel Alraune whisper its curse in their ears.

Alraune

A woman who doused herself in mandrake poison and took her own life as a means of getting revenge on the husband who left her. The poison continued through her skin and devoured her soul. Consumed by delusions and hallucinations, she was at last reincarnated in Inferno.

Myth places her as the young daughter of a noble estate, but none of her past visage can be determined from her current demon form. She searches the bottom of hell for the most exquisite souls, then injects poison into their nerves to make them eternal "lovers" at her palace.

Insatiable desire and obsession have painted her heart so thickly that she will never know peace. Not even with the sacrifices of a thousand souls, or a million...

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Malah posted:

Listening to you breathe fire on this game's numerous flaws is becoming more entertaining than the actual game at this point, and I'm not sure whether that says worse things about the game or better things about your LP. I cannot comprehend how the developers managed to drop the ball on absolutely everything for this game. They came rather close with the visuals but, oops, Mari Shimazaki had to butcher Jeanne's goddamn hair. Knowing the context makes the outfit tolerable and then the hair so much worse, because that style is awful for a biker. Why Kamiya approved that monstrosity is a mystery. :colbert:

Dude there isn't a contest to see who can hate this game the most, calm down

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 8, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I like that Rodin goes and speedruns a boss fight every time he makes you a new weapon.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
From the previous update, for some reason I really like Resentment's little title thing, Swindler of Progress.

The river of boiling blood, Frejentonta, mentioned in Scolopendra's entry, is probably a reference to a river of the same description appearing in the Divine Comedy, the Phlegethon.
---

Malah posted:

Why Kamiya approved that monstrosity is a mystery. :colbert:

All Kamiya wanted was to make Bayo's boobs and arse larger, and Jeanne's smaller. If it meets that strict criteria, he approves it. Weird 50's retro bikersuit thing obviously met those high standards for him. :colbert:

I like the Alraune fight, I do wish though, there was bit more of a lead up to her, or that Madama Styx was involved in some fashion. Pretty neat fight anyhow.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Heh. "Don't stop or look back on the way." References.

Also, this is the part of the game where I glued Alruna to Bayonetta's feet and Rakshasa to her hands and never really deviated from that. I used to win Tag Climaxes all the time just by using the spinning attacks of those two weapons over and over.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Didn't remember Jean was that flat :v:

Also the first thing I thought of when I saw that thing was one of these but as a whip.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
If people considered measuring tape as a whip in an earlier time I would have demanded a Home Improvement game in the style of Castlevania. Alas.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Didn't remember Jean was that flat :v:

Also the first thing I thought of when I saw that thing was one of these but as a whip.

You ever been whipped by one of those things? They can really hurt!

Malah
May 18, 2015

I don't know what it is, but between Alraune's battle theme, aesthetics, and mechanics, the first encounter reminds me of the Jeanne fights and it's really, really good. :pcgaming:

The prologue and this chapter are what I thought the entire game would be like.

EightFlyingCars posted:

Dude there isn't a contest to see who can hate this game the most, calm down
Of course there isn't. Yoshesque would crush any challengers.

I don't hate the game; I intently dislike many things about it, but bad qualities do not doom a decent game any more than some good qualities save a terrible game. Just because Yoshesque is attempting to be fair here doesn't mean I'm going to get over the let-down this game was. I'm bitter as a player, sure, but the design critic in me cannot get over the disconnect between cause and effect. The game is not outright wrong and that almost makes it worse; I was being literal when I said I don't understand how the design was so hit-and-miss when they had many of the same people working on the game, and the PG blogs/media articles disproved my idea of Kamiya as supervising only in theory (as if he would put himself in the credits otherwise).

I'll freely admit that B2 is a perfectly "okay" game, and I'll even grudgingly admit that it scrapes into the "good" category by a curve, especially for new players that don't care about or notice the flaws. They don't care about one more clip of damage from a Stinger or if their combo breaks because an enemy avoids damage, and they can just brute force chapters with items (supply permitting) without the score screen telling them they're bad for it. For the one I talked to, it basically came down to UC being flashy and fun enough to get her mileage out of a playthrough, and that's evidently good enough for some players.

Alternatively, Kamiya sequels are cursed and Bayonetta 3 will save this IP's legacy.

Pesky Splinter posted:

All Kamiya wanted was to make Bayo's boobs and arse larger, and Jeanne's smaller. If it meets that strict criteria, he approves it. Weird 50's retro bikersuit thing obviously met those high standards for him. :colbert:
The biker suit itself isn't necessarily bad, especially now that I know that's his request, but that hair wasn't much better on paper than it is in game. That brief cutscene after the Gammorah fight looks like a wedding veil rather than hai-

:psyduck:

Actually, I don't want to finish that thought.

Pesky Splinter posted:

I like the Alraune fight, I do wish though, there was bit more of a lead up to her, or that Madama Styx was involved in some fashion. Pretty neat fight anyhow.
One of my hopes back when I heard there would be a trip to Inferno is that there would be some sort of run-in with Madama Butterfly, and she would turn out to be even campier and more vainglorious than Bayonetta.

Putting aside my wilted hopes for B2, Alraune is an acceptable substitute. I love everything about her design.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Also, this is the part of the game where I glued Alruna to Bayonetta's feet and Rakshasa to her hands and never really deviated from that. I used to win Tag Climaxes all the time just by using the spinning attacks of those two weapons over and over.
Alruna is one of the times that this game flat out surpasses its predecessor, though it's not as if Kulshedra set a high bar.

Why wait for Pillow Talk when a standard weapon reliably CC's boss enemies and murders by the screen?

Nalesh posted:

Didn't remember Jeanne was that flat :v:
She wasn't, but to be fair, the D'Arc suit did have some volume to it.

Malah fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 8, 2015

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013

Malah posted:

Alternatively, Kamiya sequels are cursed and Bayonetta 3 will save this IP's legacy.

DMC 2 seems to support this theory.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'd almost want to see a B3 just to see the story that PG would have to pull out of their asses to excuse it.

Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire, this was Platinum IP sold on the WiiU, and I think Nintendo is done bribing Kamiya.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Heh. "Don't stop or look back on the way." References.

How telling, since the strategy guide's strategy for Pure Platinum for just about every verse in every chapter, barring a few exceptions is "Swords/Chainsaw on hands, Chainsaw/Whip on feet,go crazy" :v:

If that isn't the game telling the player "play it our way or don't get Pure Platinum scrub" then i don't know what is.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

How telling, since the strategy guide's strategy for Pure Platinum for just about every verse in every chapter, barring a few exceptions is "Swords/Chainsaw on hands, Chainsaw/Whip on feet,go crazy" :v:

If that isn't the game telling the player "play it our way or don't get Pure Platinum scrub" then i don't know what is.

Ha. I don't have the guide, so I never knew that, but yeah, it definitely works as well as they say. Great minds I suppose. I combined it with a particular accessory for tough boss fights when I went through getting Pure Platinums. The game never really demanded more of me, which was at once sad and yet probably saved me a broken Pro controller or two.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

I mentioned that the music for this boss was particularly good, so here it is: http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm8tcB5g7GAk

There's going to be a new game revealed by PG this E3, here's hoping it's something new rather than a sequel. PG's track record with sequels isn't great.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I dunno, that's a little unfair. It's the same way as Shuraba from the first game; once you got it you weren't going to unequip it because it was great. Same goes for Durga and Kilgore. You can definitely get Pure Platinums using other weapons in Bayo 2 but it sure is a lot harder than just using the chainsaws/whips. However, the difference is that in Bayo 1 you would be punished by going all out with those weapons (Score Reduction Penalty prevented you from just doing charged slashes all the time, Durga bombs will tank your score, Kilgore would do the same and was slow if you didn't use it right), while Bayo 2 allows you to just use those weapons and win. Admittedly Shuraba was probably on par with the chainsaws and whips in this game in terms of how OP it was, but the underlying system prevented you from going all out. Except for PKP, that was just ridiculous.

I mean, I totally agree with your sentiment, it's just that Bayo 1 did the same but the game was more balanced to make the player more conscious about how they used those weapons. And like how MarquiseMindfang said, the game never demands more of you, so why bother mixing it up?

That strategy guide is trash anyway and not worth the money or paper it was printed on. I doubt there could have been a FuturePress style guide for this game though, given how pared back it was.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

yoshesque posted:

However, the difference is that in Bayo 1 you would be punished by going all out with those weapons (Score Reduction Penalty prevented you from just doing charged slashes all the time, Durga bombs will tank your score, Kilgore would do the same and was slow if you didn't use it right),

Honestly this sounds like a bad thing. The "some weapons are definitely better than others but you want to avoid those if you care about points" part, I mean.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 9, 2015

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Sindai posted:

Honestly this sounds like a bad thing. The "some weapons are definitely better than others but you want to avoid those if you care about points" part, I mean.

I don't think I said that at all. Every weapon in both games is Pure Platinum viable. Yes, even Rodin, if you use it right. The difference for each is how you use them. Yes, you can do charged Shuraba slashes and kill everything quickly, but score reduction penalty means your score will suffer for it. However, complete your combos to prevent score reduction penalty and your rank is fine. You can drop fire Durga bombs and kill a whole load of enemies quickly, but because you only need so many bombs to take out everything your score suffers. However, if you use it in moderation your score should be fine. Same thing goes for the Kilgore glitch. The results encourage the player to experiment to get better results.

Salamandra and Alruna are basically 'press button to win' weapons, same as Umbran Climax. Once you figure out that Just Release exists and that Alruna slams are OP because they can interrupt enemies' attack animations, there's no need to try anything else because there is no penalty for just doing the same thing over and over. The player never tries anything different because the game never asks for anything more in the results, so you get players just stapling Alruna to the feet and Salamandra to the hands and never going back to the other weapons. It's like if you could mindlessly use fire Durga bombs to get Pure Platinum. There's no thinking involved when playing this game.

Malah
May 18, 2015

The thing I liked most about your No Reservations series is that the varied weapon sets every chapter (some of which were absolutely ridiculous) show off that every single combination of weapons is viable when used properly: Rodin, Kilgore, Durga, Pillow Talk, and even the Handguns are shown off in standard Verse play and you manage the Platinum score rank on Hard with everything. I'm working through the first on Hard and my strategy so far is to just use the guns for 75% of gameplay with Shuraba or Shotguns on switch for another 20% when I need things to die faster. Kulshedra gets used for a handful of verses when knocking enemies to their death is a concern and Electric Durga may appear when score is a problem, but everything else is entirely too drat slow for me and I'm not bending the game over hard enough yet to care about ~ style ~ ...

On the other hand, I'm well aware of the fact that every weapon is viable and that I just haven't bothered to learn how. Besides, at some point Sai Fung will unlock and then I can have both worlds.

Malah fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 9, 2015

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I really love the little interactions between Bayonetta and Madama Butterfly in this game.

Those little moments of levity are something I'm finding DMC4 is sorely missing, which is weird because the entire game is patently ridiculous and yet takes itself so seriously.

I hope Platinum's next game will be on PC because playing the knockoffs just doesn't compare.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I imagine Scalebound will hit PC when it doesn't sell like Microsoft wants it to, compared to whatever Halo and Gears have going on this year.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Pyradox posted:

Those little moments of levity are something I'm finding DMC4 is sorely missing, which is weird because the entire game is patently ridiculous and yet takes itself so seriously.

What the hell game where you playing? :psyduck:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Update 12: Darkness Envelops Light No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

Balder

A bright light seeps through the mask's crack. It is a light unlike anything else found on Earth--the light of the Right Eye. Long ago, a tyrannical man was said to have led the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages to their demise. Legends claim he killed his wife, sabotaged his daughter, and deceived the people, all for the sake of building a new universe with the Eyes of the World. He was said to have achieved an omniscience almost equal to that of a god. How this man came obtain this ambition remains unknown, yet a glimpse of the truth can be seen in the fragment of history the Prophet revealed to Bayonetta. A young man had been called from the Vigrid of 500 years past to modern day. In his hands he held a weapon ready to strike at his enemy. His name is Balder. Later, he would be known as the Tyrant Sage. In the Prophet's vision, however, he seems only lost in rage, seeking revenge for the death of his wife, Rosa.

-Chapter 4
The True Vigrid Chronicles
Saavedra

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Bollywoodonetta.gif

mkob fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 14, 2015

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
One thing I've got to give 2 over 1 is that they greatly improved the alternative gameplay segments - by making them much shorter. :rimshot:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Given how much , more fun the characters managed to be in Wonderful 101, Pink aside (Because they couldn't decide who she was) it is kind of amazing how not fun they are in this.

Loki exxplodes. And was NEVER heard from again.

THE END.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Funny that toddy should mention long distance zangief, because the whip does remind me of a grappler in a recent fighting game :v:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Oh man UNIEL is so good. It's so upsetting playing against Merkava (or Gordeau) when you main Vatista and Hilda (UNIEL's very own sassy witch lady) though.
French Bread titles in general are usually excellent though (RBO, Melty Blood AC/AA).

e: vvv Ah, thought the font stuck out.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 15, 2015

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
The "Climax Horse" font is identical to the one used in NES Excite Bike.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Whoops doublepost.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 15, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I can only imagine how many arcade sticks has gone over the railing of toddy's balcony over the years.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 15, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nalesh posted:

Funny that toddy should mention long distance zangief, because the whip does remind me of a grappler in a recent fighting game :v:

its the flailing tube man as a fighting character.
I like it.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Update 13: Come To Mummy! No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

Affinity

Servants of heaven that populate the lowest of the angelic hierarchy, a Third Sphere rung known simply as Angels. Humans with deep faith often feel these angels close to their hearts. Descending from the heavens upon pure white wings, it is believed that the glimmering halo atop an Affinity's head lights the path for those who have lost their way.

The religious articles they equip are all tools used to further their conviction to protect the righteous and can become powerful weapons used to strike down those with sullied hearts.

Applaud

While still a member of the Third Sphere, Applauds are one step above Affinities, and thus known as Archangels. Occupying the eighth position within the nine-level angelic hierarchy, Archangels are still considered close to the physical world, and often come into contact with humankind. It is said that devoted prayer on the part of believers can call upon a host of angels to come to one's aid.

Decorations

With limited spiritual powers, this angel is spotted comparatively frequently within the physical, human world.

Capriciously firing arrows, they are often mistaken for Cupid. It is said that one of their arrows, shot through the heart of a believer, can be as infatuating as the goddess of love.

Fortitudo

Amongst the spiritually powerful of the Middle Ages, it was thought Paradiso held for all a Divine Will, and as a result, they developed heavenly logic. The concept of the "Cardinal Virtues" was born of this logic, and classifies Paradiso's Divine Will into four broad groups.

These Cardinal Virtues occasionally become physical manifestations of the great intentions of Paradiso, and are known as the Laguna, inspiring awe in the masses. Personifying courage and fortitude, Fortitudo has been depicted as a terrifying being sporting an enormous face and two dragon's heads. He is said to be capable of summoning magma flows at will.

Fearless

Fearless are classified as Dominions, the fourth rank amongst the hierarchy of angels. Controlling the lightning feared by many as the instrument of divine justice, Fearless make known the majesty of God to the masses.

Almost all of the naturally occurring lightning in the world is a result of the actions of these angels. It is said that divine wrath against gluttons is released in the lightning's flash, as the thunder signals heaven's roar.

Fairness

A Virtue charged with the administration of miracles, it is wrapped in flames when appearing in the physical world, a power emblematic of its courage. A torrent of flame blazing as bright as the sun, these flames become the light that burns away darkness from those who receive the graces of Fairness. However, for those out of the angel's good graces, they are the fire and brimstone of destruction.

Grace & Glory

Grace, draped in flame, and Glory, controller of lightning, are the twin escorts of the Creator. They share a wild disposition and are often depicted as gods of war heroically leading the soldiers of Paradiso into battle, with their giant, clawlike weapons being symbols of their ferocity. Humanity recognizes the increased spiritual power of twins, a power that comes from the blessings of Grace and Glory.

Beloved

Beloved is a member of the Second Sphere class Powers, ranked sixth in the angelic hierarchy. Its status is more that of a spiritual being, but it is also burdened with destroying the enemies of Paradiso. While still considered amongst the lower classes of angels, Beloved's power is of a far higher order than that of a human, and even those with strong spiritual powers are seldom afforded the chance to meet this being. Excelling in combat, Beloved are known for brilliant exploits in demonic battles.

Shadows on Vigrid

The witches are gone from this universe.

They were said to have been killed off one by one during the malicious Witch Hunts that once spread through Europe.

At least, that's what's written in the books. The real truth is a little more complicated.

The mass slaughter known as the Witch Hunts of Vigrid was, in truth, a war of mythical proportions. The Lumen Sage responsible for the war launched a conflict that expanded beyond just humanity, reaching into Inferno and Paradiso as well. The angels' offensive was so overpowering that the Umbra were completely wiped out, but in the aftermath, this destructive fate also met the Lumen, and both clans were wiped from history.

As I researched the Umbra and Lumen, who are considered the overseers of history, I learned that what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears isn't always the truth I thought it to be.

An Umbra Witch who survived the Witch Hunts of the past. What sort of monumental secrets are locked away in her destiny? They unfold even now, in the unending cycle of life and death. Crazy to think that something that could decide the fate of the universe is taking place in Noatun at this very instant... At least, that's what my instinct's telling me is happening.

I'll use this prized nose of mine to sniff out whatever is actually going on.

Where Darkness Falls

Similar to the secret underground passageways you'd expect to find behind bookshelves in old, looming mansions, Vigrid was full of rooms with secret pathways and training rooms the Umbra used.

I found that out a while back, when I was researching the Umbra. Later I learned my old man had stumbled upon the same thing.

Anyway, as witches draw their strength from the darkness, they would set up facilities that allowed them to train indoors while it was light outside.

It could be that they hated the sunlight, or maybe it was a measure they took to keep their secret arts as far from the public eye as possible.

Most of these hidden passages were forgotten after the Witch Hunts. Time passed, and the city developed. Most of the inhabitants probably would never think there could be some secret path in the very house they live in.

When you think about it, maybe they're happier not knowing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bondage Mum's guns weren't flintlocks, they were revolvers!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
My opinion's somewhat mellowed on the Vigrid reuse, over time.

When I first saw it I was like "Oh god really? Again?", but they reuse it in different enough ways so it's not that bad, and we see plenty of new areas too. The music for this whole section is pretty great - I love the primal sounding drum beat.

Rosa's pretty great too. "As long as there is light, the shadow remains cast!" :boom:
Does the writing on her bondage gear actually say anything, or is it just gibberish?

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Had to do it

Malah
May 18, 2015

Yosh's SA threads are what convinced me to finally get out my wallet to get past the pay gate, and that was actually the first LP I watched.

I approve.

I don't remember if this was pointed out in the video or not (I'm multitasking, leave me alone), but Rosa uses the move-set that Bayonetta used in the first game.

If memory serves, as does the Scarborough Fair unlockable.

Pesky Splinter posted:

My opinion's somewhat mellowed on the Vigrid reuse, over time.

When I first saw it I was like "Oh god really? Again?", but they reuse it in different enough ways so it's not that bad, and we see plenty of new areas too.
It was different enough when I first saw it that I didn't mind, and I was still in my first playthrough where absolutely nothing about this game made sense.

Then I watched Yosh stream it and it grated on me for some reason. The one part that still annoys me is that B2 Grace & Glory are so easy, or that they didn't port Gracious & Glorious as well. Fearless got ported with Fairness! Agh!

I've actually noticed that this--reusing the beginning level's assets near the end of the game--is practically a Kamiya trademark by now, so I'm less bothered by it than it used to be.

I also have to admit that I like the next chapter, even if it does border "spectacle over gameplay".

Pesky Splinter posted:

The music for this whole section is pretty great - I love the primal sounding drum beat.
I'm continually amused that all the things I like about this game are leftovers or cutting room materials from the first game. :smuggo:

Except the visuals okay, yes, I like something, fine.

Malah fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I loving love everything about both Rosa and Baldur in this game, they're both just such cool customers. :allears: Even if it is a gigantic retcon it's just so much neater that I don't care.

• Locked thread