Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

McGavin posted:

A lot of things have to go perfectly to even approach 5k on any map. You could probably do it on Highway if you're south spawn by spotting anyone going North and the TDs on the ridge overlooking the North spawn from bushes in the town near the bridge. Of course, most of their team would have to go North, while your team would have to not be incompetent shitlords, which means it's most likely impossible.

Not on prok; if you're not incompetent you can reliably get thousands of spotting damage. If I had to assign numbers to the chance of getting 5k spotting damage I'd peg it around 40% compared to less than 1 or 2 percent on other maps - and that's when you're trying for it, in a high tier light with a decent crew. The biggest problem is having a person with a brain on the other team trying do the same thing, because you will both spot each other and both of you will die or at least fail to get the to the positions you wanted. Not much has to go perfectly or even too well on prok for "just" 5k.

Maybe higher than 40% for "just" 5k. I don't know. I'm struggling to think how often I get into position because once I'm in position it's pretty rare to get less than at least a few thousand. Probably not over 60% because I feel like I get spotted by suicidal lights or mediums too often for that. Once you start asking for 10k I've only had two or three games where I have or could have done it, but 5k is pretty easily accomplished. Two E-100s and you're done, and that's not all that unusual.

There are no maps, at all, that compare with prok. The runner up is malinovka with competent platoonmates in arty or TDs that only focus on what you light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
IS5 thoughts:

+Looks REALLY nice
+Solid mobility
+Good credit pumper
+Farms Pubbie Tears

~Armor is okay, feels inconsistent
~Turns really slow, maybe crew skill will help that

-Gun is almost a smoothbore cannon, even with good aim it is really a crapshoot, basically IS6 syndrome
-HEAT gold round, meh.
-Non-Pref MM, theoretically tank is good enough, but getting a shitton of tier 10 matches has been trying my patience
-Like a lot of other WG CW specials, weak ammo rack.

The whole thing is basically pubbie tears IS3. It is well suited to detachments where its strengths are more applicable, mainly the fact that it is a credit pumping IS3. The gun is really what makes the tank so inconsistent. The pen is workable but shots just get wiffed way too much, even when closing I was whiffing some shots I would probably make with an IS3. If the IS3 and IS6 had a baby, this tank would be it.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

IS5 thoughts:

+Looks REALLY nice
+Solid mobility
+Good credit pumper
+Farms Pubbie Tears

~Armor is okay, feels inconsistent
~Turns really slow, maybe crew skill will help that

-Gun is almost a smoothbore cannon, even with good aim it is really a crapshoot, basically IS6 syndrome
-HEAT gold round, meh.
-Non-Pref MM, theoretically tank is good enough, but getting a shitton of tier 10 matches has been trying my patience
-Like a lot of other WG CW specials, weak ammo rack.

The whole thing is basically pubbie tears IS3. It is well suited to detachments where its strengths are more applicable, mainly the fact that it is a credit pumping IS3. The gun is really what makes the tank so inconsistent. The pen is workable but shots just get wiffed way too much, even when closing I was whiffing some shots I would probably make with an IS3. If the IS3 and IS6 had a baby, this tank would be it.

Also under cons:

The thing shits the bed when i comes to hills

Also Pros:

APCR standard round- gotta love that velocity

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Don't forget the 45mm driver hatch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JohnGalt posted:

Also under cons:

The thing shits the bed when i comes to hills

Also Pros:

APCR standard round- gotta love that velocity

Oh hey if Wargaming ever goes nuts and lets you add custom inscriptions you have to put a nice big 'Hellsau' on the side of the turret.

Also the shell speed is super nice.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Oh hey if Wargaming ever goes nuts and lets you add custom inscriptions you have to put a nice big 'Hellsau' on the side of the turret.

Also the shell speed is super nice.

The other side is going to read: "clan slayer, defiler of pubbies" in some ancient, unreadable language.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

The other side is going to read: "clan slayer, defiler of pubbies" in some ancient, unreadable language.

Well we got the tank through Ryan calling so...….French?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
uh no it should obviously be a set of kill notches on the side of the hull that go like NTR OTTER BADGR PINGU

* I don't actually remember what clans he killed in what order sorry

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
IS-5 TL:DR

IS-3 With A Blind Gunner.

It is a fun tank, but oh boy can it not shoot straight. Credits it makes are not too bad.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Death to all chai snipers

Stolen from stranas post here
http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/20266-99-pen-nerf/&do=findComment&comment=528348

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

yaay posted:

uh no it should obviously be a set of kill notches on the side of the hull that go like NTR OTTER BADGR PINGU

* I don't actually remember what clans he killed in what order sorry

Implying Hellsau would make it through Otter evals (that weren't just Gabe looking at stats and saying 'COME ON IN')

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Last night me and my toon mate got banned for tking and it was the most fun I have had in tanks in awhile. It was a blood bath of friendlies all because some turd was mad his tier 7 tank got cut off by a tier 9 and shot us in the back.

Holy poo poo mediums are getting hosed hard now. RIP time to play heavies or just spam 100% HEAT gently caress it.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 22, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Holy poo poo mediums are getting hosed hard now. RIP time to play heavies or just spam 100% HEAT gently caress it.

Meh.

Vorkosigan posted:

Implying Hellsau would make it through Otter evals (that weren't just Gabe looking at stats and saying 'COME ON IN')

Old evaluations were great Vork! I mean I got in somehow *coughPrimelawcough*, clearly the system was working as intended.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 22, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lol

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

if you cant look at the y axis then you probably wouldn't notice the change anyway

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The graph has the axis a little exaggerated yes, but going from 260 pen to 200 is quite significant as opposed to going from 720hp to 750hp.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mesadoram posted:

Meh.

Old evaluations were great Vork! I mean I got in somehow *coughPrimelawcough*, clearly the system was working as intended.

Man I didn't even have to platoon with anyone when I joined. Gabe basically said you have good stats and decent tier 10 stats, you're in! Note this was right after the war we had with Otter while we were in CRABS. Thankfully I'm sort of a human being and not a scumbag like some people from crabs.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

The graph has the axis a little exaggerated yes, but going from 260 pen to 200 is quite significant as opposed to going from 720hp to 750hp.

Actually as I've covered extensively 720 to 750 is a very big since it makes you much more resistant to 240x3 and 390x2 deaths, very common threats to a T6 tank. Please pay proper respect to the Type 58 and apologize for hurting the feelings of the Chinese people.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

Actually as I've covered extensively 720 to 750 is a very big since it makes you much more resistant to 240x3 and 390x2 deaths, very common threats to a T6 tank. Please pay proper respect to the Type 58 and apologize for hurting the feelings of the Chinese people.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend the Chinese people, their culture, or their industrious marvel the Type 58.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Thank you. Let us all enjoy the fine engineering of the great nation of China.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
WG wants mediums that have no armour to brawl, GG.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Object 140:
Dispersion on move of Object 140 suspension reduced by 25%
Dispersion on hull traverse for the Object 140 suspension reduced by 25%
Aiming time of 100mm U-8TS gun for the Object 140 turret reduced from 2.1 to 1.9 s
Penetration of ZUBK4M shell for the 100mm U-8TS gun reduced from 330 to 310mm
Penetration of UBR-412PB shell for the 100mm U-8TS gun reduced from 264 to 232mm

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHA 25% reduction in on the move dispersion plus an aim time buff to the 140. That thing is already loving laser accurate. The 54 currently losing 30 mils of HEAT pen which is rough. You can make the AP work sideways on but man that HEAT nerf is a little aggravating.

A bit of an old post, but do these changes make the 140 the better choice for random play, or is that still the 62A? I can unlock one or the other and there's a 50% discount on crew training tonight.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

Man I didn't even have to platoon with anyone when I joined. Gabe basically said you have good stats and decent tier 10 stats, you're in! Note this was right after the war we had with Otter while we were in CRABS. Thankfully I'm sort of a human being and not a scumbag like some people from crabs.

Why would you say that, Macdiesel was such a good person :jerkbag:

Yeah, after you said some kind words to Gabe (and Noblewhale took my spot in PBKAC) he let me right in.

Having a somewhat good reputation and decent stats can get you places. Like
:siren::snoop:NUMBER ONE CLAN NA:snoop::siren:

Imagine airhorns going off as you read that for the full effect.

Edit: They buffed the Conqueror to give it more turret armor.

I am ok with this.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 22, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: They buffed the Conqueror to give it more turret armor.

I am ok with this.

I am a little bummed I sold my Conqueror once I saw that.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Turns out Challenger Carry is real.

It's still an unredeemable piece of poo poo. Seriously, I will put in a word for the Chi-ri and A-44, but this tank will put up against the wall and shot when the revolution comes.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

IS-5 TL:DR

IS-3 With A Blind Gunner.

It is a fun tank, but oh boy can it not shoot straight. Credits it makes are not too bad.

This! I can't remember a tank that i have missed so many shots With as the IS-5 , its my poorest performing t8 tank so far..

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

BadLlama posted:

Where is my god drat chieftain.
Talking about tanks on his Facebook page. :rimshot:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Talking about tanks on his Facebook page. :rimshot:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

A bit of an old post, but do these changes make the 140 the better choice for random play, or is that still the 62A? I can unlock one or the other and there's a 50% discount on crew training tonight.

It honestly still probably comes down to preference. I grabbed the 140 first because the idea of extra gun depression meant more to me than the 62s supposedly beefier turret.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Ouch :smith:

I killed CRABS with my own bare hands, saving you all from a fate worse than death, and this is the tanks thanks I get?

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Ouch :smith:

I killed CRABS with my own bare hands, saving you all from a fate worse than death, and this is the tanks thanks I get?

You're a saint m8

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
IS-5 Replay:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7_AsRKQAE

WoT Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1973175

Strange how the games you think you did garbage in wind up to be mastery badges...

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:cripes:

this game was exactly as much fun as you can imagine a game with 15 TD could be

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

jesus loving christ, was this created and run by a real news organization or is it a joke?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So time to get around to buying a Tiger2 to grind the E100 line or buy the IS-7 which I unlocked a week ago?

Also, it is hard to get upset about this, since it is just another series of tanks getting a well deserved nerf.
WG really don't like snipers, do they?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, I've been dicking around with the SU-85 with the first 85mm gun, almost to the second. But I've found myself in a conundrum. The tank has piss-poor view range so it is heavily dependent on scouting, but I rarely if ever get help from people scouting ahead. This means I either spend my time camping/lurking in the backfield until my team has poo poo the bed or charging ahead into hard cover to take pot-shots way closer than I'd like to.

What strategies do you employ with the SU-85 in random battles to make it more reliable? I've had huge games in it when I can get in some bushes and have a scout find me targets, but that feels rare.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

There are one sided games, and then there are one sided games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

JohnGalt posted:

There are one sided games, and then there are one sided games

don't think i've ever seen so many people do 1k+ damage on the same team before.