Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So we're back at square one.

All else being equal, all other hands being shown, I am sticking with

##vote TOML

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
o/` PON PON PON PON o/` This is your Principal speaking. I have an important announcement!

Monobear's Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left

With 5 alive, you need 3 votes to find them Super-Duper Guilty! I'm going to get bored of this by June 24th, 2015 at 1 p.m. EST -- so try to do something amusing in the next 17 hours, 13 minutes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Gwyn

why not just lynch Gwyn again

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

bowmore posted:

##vote Gwyn

why not just lynch Gwyn again

Hey, as long as town wins, I'm okay with it. It'll still prove my point. I look forward to reading the scum doc and seeing how funny they found all this.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You think Gwyn is a Truth-Bullet Toting, LynchProof scum.

I need more words from you on that, doesn't have to be tonight but it does benefit more explanation.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
GM can you confirm/deny for all of us that the Sensor is Godfather proof - that the sensor pinged of 1 and exactly 1 scum faction member on the Bif lynch.

I'm asking because your flavour about viruses and infiltrated networks got me worried that we took Bowmore for granted after all that, I'm sure it's just flavour though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why wouldn't scum have lynchproof powers?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm happy to switch to TOML (mainly because of truth bullet) but I don't see why scum couldn't have 1 shot lynchproof

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If the remaining scum is toml, they can still win pretty easily, though.

There's some consistency between tomls and strikes voting. Not much to go on, but

##vote TOML

Even the scummiest gwyn doesn't vote for himself.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

My proof don't really help me much. Both scum and town get both. Lynch is more often town, bullet mor often scum. Especially in a game with an SK, which of course we had.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##unvote

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

bullet proof too.

Main character here.

Like I said. Most power. Biggest idiot. I'm like Earthworm Jim or something.

Sorry I was looking for this, as I knew it had come up but I thought I imagined it.

Gwyn has so many proofs and a day-vig. If he is also scum that's loving incredible.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I unvoted to avoid hammer without everyone even realising the day started again.

I still think TOML.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress it

##vote TOML

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

GM can you confirm/deny for all of us that the Sensor is Godfather proof - that the sensor pinged of 1 and exactly 1 scum faction member on the Bif lynch.

I'm asking because your flavour about viruses and infiltrated networks got me worried that we took Bowmore for granted after all that, I'm sure it's just flavour though.

I wanna know what love is

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Kat Delacour posted:

You're asking me to share the confidential information of another student?

:laffo::laffo:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have never told a lie

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
-_-

Information from the GM is meant to be infallible. So anyway. Without further clarification I'll have to assume that you gave true and correct Sensor and the flavour is just flavour and there isn't actually a virus in the network.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
OK - so it would super ridiculous for Gwyn to have all those powers and still be scum - so I am putting him in the town pile.

It could be bowmore with him being godfather with a one shot sensor that doesn't pick him up. That said I am going with Ocam's razor and that he is probably a confirmed town like me.

That leaves Kat and TOML.

I am leaning toward Kat being scum - but I need to hear from TOML first.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##unvote while I go to the shops.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

I need to hear from TOML first.

We have 17 hours until deadline. I'm not going to cast a vote tonight because I think it's silly for me not to sleep on it given how much time we have on the clock.

My initial reactions are that it is now highly unlikely that Gwyn is scum. I was entirely ready to roll back in and vote Kat, but her posts about Bowmore (specifically, the exchange with Zet whereby the mod declined to confirm whether the sensor picks up Godfathers) has given me pause.

Bowmore's D7 posts thus far have been pretty unimpressive. Quickly voting for me, and suggesting that we lynch Gwyn again - I really don't get it.

Bowmore is right that a scum with a scanner is unlikely, but it happened to Anidav once, didn't it? (And then he used it on a Day where there hadn't previously been a lynch?) And plus, now that we're playing a game which has a lynchproof 2-shot truthbullet, I don't think we get to make any assumptions about how the roles have been constructed.

Also, Bowmore's posts this game have been really, really underwhelming. I haven't forgotten how a few nights ago I was posting "this reads like the scum are sitting back and let town gently caress itself". I still can't shake the feeling that this has happened.

Then again, the fact that I woke up with one plan and Kat has managed to quickly make me doubt myself makes me worry that she's playing me. I am about to go to bed so now is not the time for me to do a write-up for her the same way I just did for Bowmore, but the first thing that comes to mind is how heavily she relied on flavour on D6.

So, FS, right now I'm trying to work out whether to vote Kat or Bowmore, but whichever it is there's no way that I'm casting my vote tonight.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

oh and just before i go to bed, this will be n7, i won't be able to doctor anyone, which makes it more likely that scum will get a successful nightkill tonight. so i don't understand why we'd "just lynch gwyn again"; we really don't want to thin our numbers at this point.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##vote TOML

Doesn't feel good. But nothings going to at this point.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

What if we just all agree to not lynch or night kill any more and just all beat up that stupid bear?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote the bear

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##vote thebear

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gwynplaine posted:

What if we just all agree to not lynch or night kill any more and just all beat up that stupid bear?

"Now this is a plan I can get behind."

"This is bad. Throw him away!"

"Next time you decide to get unruly towards your Principal..."

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
o/` PON PON PON PON o/` This is your Principal speaking. I have an important announcement!

Monobear's Votecount for Day 7

Lynch No One! (2): bowmore, Gwynplaine
Those On My Left (0): Kat Delacour, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, bowmore, Gwynplaine, Gwynplaine, bowmore, Gwynplaine
Gwynplaine (0): bowmore, bowmore

Not Voting (3): Freudian Slip, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left

With 5 alive, you need 3 votes to find them Super-Duper Guilty! I'm going to get bored of this by June 24th, 2015 at 1 p.m. EST -- so try to do something amusing in the next 12 hours, 34 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Awesome! I was hoping there'd be some flavour posting for that.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Morning goons.

Still can't bring myself to believe that it's Kat.

If it's Bowmore, that's a truly ridiculous role/alignment/power set-up that he's been given. But we now know for a fact that there are ridiculous role/alignment/power set-ups in this game. This also has all the hallmarks of some of Bowmore's better scum plays - fly under the radar, post very little, get yourself 'exonerated' and then let town off itself.

Sorry if this is the wrong call but I can't see a better one.

##vote Bowmore

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Also, if Bowmore were a scum with a sensor:

1) It doesn't necessarily matter whether "sensor picks up godfathers", because it could be that Bowmore isn't a true godfather but is instead immune to the sensor. That is, it might be that if Gaspy had investigated Bowmore, he'd have flipped scum, but Bowmore (as the owner of the sensor) was never going to show up on the sensor. Therefore, in order to buy that Bowmore is scum, you don't have to accept that he's also a Godfather.

2) For the scum team, D2 use of the sensor (which shows how many non-sensor-owning scum were on the D1 lynch) is literally the best option. This is because D1 is the day on which the most people are alive, and so there's the greatest chance for people to gently caress up in their scum guesses and lynch more townies. For example, imagine if Bowmore had used it on the D4 lynch, when there were 5 people voting for the lynch. Finding 2 scum then (Bowmore & Birdstrike) would have left you with a 2/5 chance of voting for a scum player.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

For example, imagine if Bowmore had used it on the D4 lynch, when there were 5 people voting for the lynch. Finding 2 scum then (Bowmore & Birdstrike) would have left you with a 2/5 chance of voting for a scum player.

Except you would have still only found one if Bowmore is immune.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Except you would have still only found one if Bowmore is immune.

Sorry, you're right. Still, 1/5 vs 1/8.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

If it's Bowmore, that's a truly ridiculous role/alignment/power set-up that he's been given. But we now know for a fact that there are ridiculous role/alignment/power set-ups in this game.

Just to elaborate on this: I was referring to Gwyn's totally insane lynchproof/bulletproof/truthbullet role.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote TOML

TOML knows he is on the chopping block so he is trying to make everyone paranoid and think i'm pulling some massive gambit with the sensor, which doesn't actually make sense

revealing all my scum mates so I remain the lone hidden scum, especially when the majority of the scum were not in the voting majority thus easily just picked off is just mind bogglingly stupid

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you just overplayed your hand TOML, but I guess you are getting desperate

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

bowmore posted:

##vote TOML

TOML knows he is on the chopping block so he is trying to make everyone paranoid and think i'm pulling some massive gambit with the sensor, which doesn't actually make sense

revealing all my scum mates so I remain the lone hidden scum, especially when the majority of the scum were not in the voting majority thus easily just picked off is just mind bogglingly stupid

Well, if you are scum the majority were in your group (the Bif group), but it wouldn't look like it because only BS would have showed up. It would have been a perfect play.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Well, if you are scum the majority were in your group (the Bif group), but it wouldn't look like it because only BS would have showed up. It would have been a perfect play.

it's this 'perfect play' thing that does it for me, the last two scum victories he's secured have been stellar plays

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
2 and 2 isn't really a majority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can lynch me if you want but have
fun losing because TOML played on your paranoia of how great I am

• Locked thread