Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ror posted:

Andrew didn't update the WHM Letterboxd page yet but I think he did spoil next week's episode if you want to know: http://i.imgur.com/8qLQ3p3.png

I've never seen this movie, but I have seen the documentary Jaime Kennedy made about how angry he got at how much everyone hated it, Heckler. And it was pretty loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It tries to be zany but there are parts of pure terror.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

thrawn527 posted:

I've never seen this movie, but I have seen the documentary Jaime Kennedy made about how angry he got at how much everyone hated it, Heckler. And it was pretty loving terrible.

Seriously, he made a documentary about how wrong everybody was hating a lovely Jim Carrey-less Jim Carrey sequel?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

My memory hazily tells me I've seen at least a part of that movie on cable before. Sure hope it's going to be the Son of Mask, because then I can hopefully dredge up the reason why I've seen part of it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Can Camp Nowhere and Son of the Mask really be considered "Summer Blockbusters"? Did Son of the Mask even come out in theaters? (Checked its release date, and it was dumped in February, not summer.)

Eric was killing it the entire Camp Nowhere episode.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

e X posted:

Seriously, he made a documentary about how wrong everybody was hating a lovely Jim Carrey-less Jim Carrey sequel?

Yeah, I watched it because it was billed in Netflix as a documentary talking to comedians about hecklers, which sounded like an interesting premise. But then I realized Kennedy was the host, and I should have bailed. And then the movie kept shifting focus more and more to him. And by the end he was finding reviewers who savaged the film and trying to make them feel bad about it.

It was one of the worst things I've ever watched.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I watched it because it was billed in Netflix as a documentary talking to comedians about hecklers, which sounded like an interesting premise. But then I realized Kennedy was the host, and I should have bailed. And then the movie kept shifting focus more and more to him. And by the end he was finding reviewers who savaged the film and trying to make them feel bad about it.

It was one of the worst things I've ever watched.

It's one of the most unintentionally funny things I've ever seen. It's totally worth watching even it will make you respect a lot of comedians a lot less after watching them whine about how movie critics are just secretly jealous of how great they are.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm kind of stunned at their concencus that Red Heat is Walter Hill's worst movie. I've seen almost all of his films, and I'd place it, at worst, middle of the pack. Man's made some awesome movies, but he's made some really crap ones, too. Last Man Standing, Another 48 Hours, and Johnny Handsome jump immediately to mind.

I was loving shocked when I found out this was the same guy who directed The Warriors, Streets of Fire, and 48 Hours. The swing in the quality of his films is mind-boggling.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was shocked that the guy who made The Warriors Director Cut also made The Warriors.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The stuff that makes Walter Hill so great sometimes is the same stuff that makes him lay an egg every other time, and it's always such a fine line between what works and what doesn't. He's pretty one note, what with his love of casual racism, mistrust of women, and dudes punchin' each other in the face to little ill effect. Like I said, I've seen most of his movies, and you can see one of his movies coming from a mile away.

I always thought Shane Black did Hill better than Hill did.

Back on topic, Son of the Mask is a serious contender for one of the very worst movies ever made. It's not funny, it's not fun.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

Back on topic, Son of the Mask is a serious contender for one of the very worst movies ever made. It's not funny, it's not fun.
Oh poo poo, speaking of the worst movies ever made that reminds me, someone needs to call in with An American Carol.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Are they still doing listener request month? Because I was flipping OTA channels and ran into the perfect movie for them.

Mannequin Two: On The Move

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

YOO HOO, I'M BLACK!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
RIP Meschach Taylor by the way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

At least he had a pretty impressive list of credits after the Mannequin movies; you'd think those would have been the kiss of death for his career.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh poo poo, speaking of the worst movies ever made that reminds me, someone needs to call in with An American Carol.

I don't know, the movie might work nowadays.

I mean, the Iraq War turned out so well!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Huh. American Carol might make for an interesting episode, but I felt its biggest crime was just being boring and unfunny. On the other hand, I think it put to bed the notion that Kevin Farley was ever going to have an acting career. Also, I'm just as big a libtard as any of those boys, but I don't know if I could handle an hour and a half of Andrew Jupin's conservative outrage.

Nah, who am I kidding? That would be amazing.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't know, the movie might work nowadays.

I mean, the Iraq War turned out so well!

What's really great in retrospect is that the movie's message is "even if you don't agree with the president you have to respect and support him because :911:" yet the movie's target audience are the ones who pulled a complete 180 on that sentiment the momet Obama got elected.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
An American Carol as an episode would be entertaining, but not really funny, as it would just be a prolonged savaging of everything that stupid piece of poo poo movie stands for.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I saw Camp Nowhere so many times as a kid and man don't remember it being this weird. I think I get it confused with Heavyweights, that one about the fat camp with young Ben Stiller essentially playing the same role from Dodgeball but with less sexual innuendo. "Lunch today has been cancelled due to lack of hustle".
Also a fat kid getting really sentimental about go karts. Something like, "riding one is the only time I get to go fast".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Firstborn posted:

I think I get it confused with Heavyweights, that one about the fat camp with young Ben Stiller essentially playing the same role from Dodgeball but with less sexual innuendo. "Lunch today has been cancelled due to lack of hustle".
Also a fat kid getting really sentimental about go karts. Something like, "riding one is the only time I get to go fast".

That movie was written by Judd Apatow, which is probably why it holds up a lot better than other movies of its ilk from that era.

It was also kind of cool to see as a kid just because all the token fat kid actors you saw in every other early-90s kids summer camp and sports movie are all in the same movie together.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

An American Carol as an episode would be entertaining, but not really funny, as it would just be a prolonged savaging of everything that stupid piece of poo poo movie stands for.

Also them talking about better movies the director has done.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, pretty sure the lost boy that literally rolls as a ball down a gangplank in Hook is in that movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

Huh. American Carol might make for an interesting episode, but I felt its biggest crime was just being boring and unfunny.
I would argue that its biggest crime was against humanity. That film might be the most singularly spiteful, hateful, bitter thing I've ever watched.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Sleeveless posted:

That movie was written by Judd Apatow, which is probably why it holds up a lot better than other movies of its ilk from that era.

It was also kind of cool to see as a kid just because all the token fat kid actors you saw in every other early-90s kids summer camp and sports movie are all in the same movie together.

Heavyweights is loving awesome

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

TetsuoTW posted:

I would argue that its biggest crime was against humanity. That film might be the most singularly spiteful, hateful, bitter thing I've ever watched.

You know, I'm pretty sure the director of that movie is actually Secundus.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Duke posted:

Heavyweights is loving awesome

Which movie is the one where I would have learned about The Blob, that big air pad that launches you into lakes?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That's the one

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Just listened to Stealth I I love that their collective embarrassment over nuMetal has become a reoccurring segment.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'll never not laugh at their hatred of Frank Welker.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
Alcohollywood picked my email! http://www.alcohollywood.com/good-burger-1997-wtwin-cinema/

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Jesus.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

N64 graphics?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This Ghostbusters remake is going in a weird direction.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

bobkatt013 posted:

N64 graphics?

Pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Nb608AZVc

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So am I the only one who's actually seen Son of the Mask? I didn't see it in theaters, but it was on cable a lot.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Evil Mastermind posted:

So am I the only one who's actually seen Son of the Mask? I didn't see it in theaters, but it was on cable a lot.

I've seen it on cable. Horrible, horrible movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I have to admit I love how the guys had almost zero reaction to Ben Stein getting his face pulled off and stuck on a wall and presumably left there forever, but freaked at the cartoon-ish body horror stuff in Space Jam. Especially since the CG (and actor/CG transition) in Space Jam is so bad they might has well have had Wayne Knight walk off-camera and have the CG version of him dragged onscreen by a mouse cursor.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Evil Mastermind posted:

User-Friendly posted:

I've seen it on cable. Horrible, horrible movie.
Well that's just goddamn irresponsible, airing that thing on cable. That's like airing a two hour Silver Shamrock commercial. Kids all over the country were melting into insects and snakes while Jamie Kennedy drank baby piss.

Son of the Mask sounds like it'd make a great triple feature with The Master of Disguise and the sweet release of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

Well that's just goddamn irresponsible, airing that thing on cable. That's like airing a two hour Silver Shamrock commercial. Kids all over the country were melting into insects and snakes while Jamie Kennedy drank baby piss.

Son of the Mask sounds like it'd make a great triple feature with The Master of Disguise and the sweet release of death.

Love guru, Master of Disguise, and son of mask triple feature. Maybe add what I am almost positive next weeks movie is going to be Terminator 3