Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Isn't he friends with Ryan Sieg?

...I'm not making this up for the sake of the joke, I thought he actually is/was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/20150622/major-stock-car-racing-firm-negotiating-for-laguna-seca-deal

I love Laguna Seca

I'd love to see NASCAR race there because NASCAR races on Road Courses are really enjoyable to watch.

But can we please stop having ISC and SMI owning everything? Seriously the monopoly is really loving things up for every one right now.

I think it's just loving up Indycar honestly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/why-danica-patrick-will-make-the-nascar-hall-of-fame/

:ramsay:

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/20150622/major-stock-car-racing-firm-negotiating-for-laguna-seca-deal

I love Laguna Seca

I'd love to see NASCAR race there because NASCAR races on Road Courses are really enjoyable to watch.

But can we please stop having ISC and SMI owning everything? Seriously the monopoly is really loving things up for every one right now.

The way it read made it sound like ISC would be the promoter, not the owner.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I like that women are pointed out as being in NASCAR since the start and it's no big deal, but since Danica is the best woman she deserves special treatment

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Arbeit Macht Frei Pass

:drat:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I like how that article acknowledges that women have been in NASCAR before but that they were ugly so it doesn't count.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Headed to Sonoma. Taking hot laps today!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

kidcoelacanth posted:

What a fucki ng farce that the secondary series that no one likes is on a minor network after being postponed. Can't beleive this. fire nascar

Please stop posting.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'll make as many awful posts as I please thank you

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
his posts aren't as bad as my family makes on my anti-stars and bars FB post

yes, I even troll blood

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'd see a doctor about that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I have, I guess forced euthanasia is illegal

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

:getin:

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Two laps at Sonoma with Alex Schutte behind the wheel today. You see it on TV, and iRacing, but until your butt's in the seat, you have no loving idea how insane this track is. There's no perception of the actual elevation changes until you're there. I needed a Xanax after we crested turn 2 the first time, and I still have a headache. Guaranteed they replace all four tires on that Camry tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drayrHeW3Q

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
NASCAR pushing for South Carolina to drop the confederate flag

Huh.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Huh.

All those people in the infield who fly the stars-n-bars with their #3 flag are gonna be pissed.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
can I also point out the historical inaccuracy of that uniform, Johnny Reb there is wearing shoes

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Huh.

Interesting article about Sr and Jr's thoughts on the Stars and Bars:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/dale-earnhardt--junior-both-criticized-confederate-flag-165220032.html

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

oh my god the comments

why did I read the comments

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

oh my god the comments

That is an excellent question.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:sherman:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I wonder how many of those posting mouthbreathers are Scotch Irish and don't loving realize they have ancestors who were worked to death in an Appalachian coal mine under indentured servitude, which was literal slavery framed to be palatable to the masses because it was happening to (barely) white people

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

NASCAR making a statement to avoid offending anyone and to continue making as much money as possible pushing for South Carolina to drop the confederate flag

Huh.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

oh my god the comments

Why yes, NASCAR lost fans just because they want to distance themselves from a traitorous, racist symbol. Hmmmm

I thought I'd see worse but only 1 was incredibly dumb. Probably didn't read enough.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

Why yes, NASCAR lost fans just because they want to distance themselves from a traitorous, racist symbol. Hmmmm

I thought I'd see worse but only 1 was incredibly dumb. Probably didn't read enough.

-I am from the north but the confederate flag ment to me that you were in the hot bed of stock car racing.

-For NASCAR fans this is about a sport that started in the south. They fly that flag at the race because it symbolizes the roots of the sport. I don't believe that it has anything to do with the civil war and the struggles with slavery. Having said that, why is it NASCAR's responsibility to police this matter. They have enough problems even putting on a good race these days.

-uh ohh, now the press and protestors have done it. They must not realize just how white and committed the gun carrying NASCAR fans are. Anyone who has been to a NASCAR event knows what I'm talking about. The only blacks I've seen are the tires which the fans willing buy after they have been torn up on the track. These rebels will not quietly stand by while anything is taken from them. The south is going to rise again and leave deep tread marks on the protestors backs.

-I don't have an opinion on what this flag stands for, but I will tell you what the LIE being told is....Freedom of Speech. That people will still be able to fly it on their own problem. Have you seen our society lately? We don't have freedom of speech. To all the teachers, police or other government workers in SC that want to put in on their porch for heritage, you must know in time you will lose your job for this speech. THAT IS A FACT! Just ask any of the many who have been fired recently for less controversial things such as Facebook postings. And to the business owners and some workers who do the same, it will only be a matter of time before "AL" is calling for a boycott of your business or firing. No, freedom of speech was replaced by media that slants what is right and wrong in our society, determining it for us. Did you see the police officers excited to catch this terroristic killer? They didn't appear very racist to me, contrary to what the media pushes 24x7. And have you ever visited Stone Mountain, GA? I visited last summer and was honestly shocked at the number of people of all color that clapped and cheered at the tribute to the south at closing. The media led me to believe such a thing was impossible. The media would lead us to believe otherwise on everything.......and in time we all will. RIP Freedom of Speech!

-what about the flags from the different African countries, they sold their own people into slavery, after fighting and taking the ones that were captured, selling them off. Those flags are displayed so proudly hanging from rear view mirrors. The atrocities that continue to go on in those countries to this day but it is OK to keep those flags displayed. If we are asking for one flag we should demand them all. Flags represent many things to many people like the threads they are made of.

-Has anyone ever seen a flag, kill someone ? Has anyone ever seen a weapon jump up and kill someone ? Americans from all corners of our country have fought and died, so that we may express our opinions here today. Did it matter wether they had a Confederate flag tattoo, a MOM tattoo ? Take a walk thru any National Cementary or Arlington itself .... how many "y'alls" can you hear ? Leave the damned flags alone, it's people that kill, not flags !

-Remove the flag, all you do is #$%$ off a few more people and create more hate. For what to quite down a few. If someone wants to murder blacks he will not care if the flags flying or not. You use anything to attack someones freedom of choice. The way things are going the only thing you will be able to do is set in your home, if you have one and watch your idiot box if your allowed to have that. America is a third world country and a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Keep it up, you deserve what you get.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Dang. That was quite the rant.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
NASCAR fans are terrible

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Dang. That was quite the rant.

multiple people lol

I wish only one dude had those thoughts

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MUCH

THE

SPORT

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Exi7wound posted:

Two laps at Sonoma with Alex Schutte behind the wheel today. You see it on TV, and iRacing, but until your butt's in the seat, you have no loving idea how insane this track is. There's no perception of the actual elevation changes until you're there. I needed a Xanax after we crested turn 2 the first time, and I still have a headache. Guaranteed they replace all four tires on that Camry tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drayrHeW3Q

Amazing footage - thanks for sharing it! I couldn't make it out there today but I'll definitely have to do it next year.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

Cubey posted:

MUCH

THE

SPORT

We get what we deserve.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, that's no way to treat the mentally unstable, potentially worthy of institutionalization hordes who refer to themselves as fans, and if you had Team Aggleant Air (as pronounced by Scott Pelley from CBS News) merchandise, I'd buy it because I want some.

Also, you doing any Goon Meets at Eldora?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 24, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, that's no way to treat your fans, and if you had Team Aggleant Air (as pronounced by Scott Pelley from CBS News) merchandise, I'd buy it because I want some.

gonna scrounge some cash and look into it.

Bad thing is Mid Ohio is like..literally the next week :negative:, but I still want to go.

e: Oh I thought you were asking if Goons were meeting up for it! lol. Considering the high amount of Ohio posters ITT.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 24, 2015

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO

LASTCAR posted:

Amazing footage - thanks for sharing it! I couldn't make it out there today but I'll definitely have to do it next year.

It. Was. Wild. He wasn't light on the pedal, and the tires were screaming the whole time. Screaming out of the pits at 70 mph, jamming on the brakes and cresting turn two is a panic inducing experience.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, that's no way to treat the mentally unstable, potentially worthy of institutionalization hordes who refer to themselves as fans, and if you had Team Aggleant Air (as pronounced by Scott Pelley from CBS News) merchandise, I'd buy it because I want some.

SRA, you're going to drive your fanbase to all try and buy this hat on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nascar-Team-Issued-Brandon-Jones-GMS-Racing-Hat-NewEra-LG-XL-Truck-Series-/181719804865

Also, I'll be at Eldora and could probably tolerate meeting other goons. I'll be the one wearing knock-off "Spanger Gondolier" merch.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^^ mother effer.. if I wasnt moving this week and didn't deal with a fraud charges on my account Id be buying this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rain tires will be used and the race will be run if it rains Sunday:

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/news/articles/55778/rain-or-shine-on-road-courses-starts-this-weekend

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Only like one sonoma race had rain and it just spit here and there. With the date it has especially this year not even a chance of rain. Watkins Glen is when this could happen and how much rain has been plaguing NASCAR this year there's a good chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO

BMB5150 posted:

Only like one sonoma race had rain and it just spit here and there. With the date it has especially this year not even a chance of rain. Watkins Glen is when this could happen and how much rain has been plaguing NASCAR this year there's a good chance.

Supposed to be 105 in the Valley Sunday. It'll be about 85 in Sonoma. Ain't gon' be no rain.

• Locked thread