Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

Voting will be run until Monday, when game will resume.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*coughs*

I meant Wednesday. I'm sorry.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

Late at night when you're all alone
nobodies online, no one's on the phone.
There's this feeling inside your head
Deep and crushing emotional dread.

Yeah it's an existential crisis
it's the ticket to life, here's what the price is.
Your place in the world,
how well you know your girl.
And who the hell likes you anyway?

Send out some texts and wait for response
nobody's responded?
Well send out some more.
Decide you'd feel better lying on the floor.
Think about your choices
think about them again.
Are you cringing yet? then you my friend

You're in an existential crisis.
Questioning decisions almost every day.
You know you're living a lie
You're too pent up to cry
But you don't wanna end it yet, anyway.

It's 3:27 and you should go to bed
but there's still these questions
running through your head.
Who will remember you when you die?
Do you have enough money to even try
to reconcile with the alibi
that you tell yourself about how "folks always lie"
and you wonder why
if you're such a sad sack anyone would date this guy
torrents of self loathing seem to fly

When you're in an existential crisis.
I think it's passing now.
Maybe go watch FRIENDS
so it won't start again
Man Chandler, what a mensch.

quote:

Twenty-one guns
It's all fun 'til you're on the run
Try not to get ghosted like Big Pun
Hunted
Shootin' through the streets, life on a clock
Bitches called the police like I'm Granos or 'Pac
Everybody's lookin at me and my Glock
Hunted
Zig left zag right switchback in the alley
Gotta lose my tail 'cause my name ain't Halley
Never stop running, I'll see you in Cali
Hunted
Vanish like a ninja in a puff of smoke
I got the finest weed your J is a joke
Cops eatin' donuts better pray you don't choke
Hunted
Can't stop me now I'm gonna rule like Nas
I got a mind like vice you got memory loss
You're slowing down like nachos drowned in that cheese sauce
Hunted
I'm to the other side now, so much stronger
Think you're up on me you've never been wronger
I fear nothing now dog. See I'm no longer
Hunted

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Get your votes in by tonight!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo, Ab-Soul, Vanilla Town, has died!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_71q5lVEjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awRG6iCKWPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSt7WzpfZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhimamuKHDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNpcN_iQszk

Soulo is a bit of a conspiracy theorist crazy person, but he's also a great storyteller and arguably the best lyricist of TDE (even more so than Kendrick). Goes well with DMT.

Dr. Hurt has won a boon for his rap!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:ghost:

:rip: me lmao go town :toot:

:ghost:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello town how much do you trust me?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You like my rhymes. Will you trust my soul?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am a gamechanger
physical and literal,
ephemeral.
Like 50 cent I'm
invincible
and my hot rhymes
drop bombs into
your subliminal.

So put your trust in your doctor
its time for a checkup.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't trust poo poo. I'm playing a rousing game of EU IV in which I am about to unify southern India into Bharat and use this to conquer the rest of India, then I'm going to get super high and play counterstrike, and THEN, THEN ONLY, might I begin to unravel this game.

I'd like nobody to vote until everyone left has had time to come in here and post thoughts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

He said nobody vote, not nobody post

I still would like to vote for Dr. Hurt, but I am respecting Diqnol

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Maybe we should know what Hurt's boon is?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hurt what is your boon, do not lie to us I am a human lie detector and last night I say your sister and I wrecked her.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I indeed have a mighty boon
an element that can clear the room
it can make the game easier indeed
possibly help in this time of need

A wild device held in my hands
does not listen to my commands.
When the cork is out on my bottle clear
the genie can not be returned in there.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

There is no time to procrastinate
the trigger in my hand, I will ##detonate
and leave you all here to contemplate
any and all possible fate.

If I'm gone before I wake,
I'll let you know I was never fake
and yes, in fact this plan is half baked
but there's a feeling that I can't shake

that this one shot is mine,
and if I don't take it fine
but when I hit the finish line,
I will have ruined Taste's glorious design

so yeah, here we go it's Russian Roulette
Hurt will end this game a hero, I bet
And if I gently caress it all up no sweat
it's just a dumb loving game we play on the net.

:boom:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

oh god - hurt on the trigger
one can only hope that he won't leave us bitter
a heavy hitter, he skips dinner to tip liquor
most unsuitable as a baby sitter

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You know the drinks that I sip are prudential
and as a sitter, well check my credentials.
Sipping on Gin and tonics while the kids play Sonic
or else child-induced headaches are constantly chronic.

And as for you, Mr. Epsilon Plus
Can you escape the blast and rise from the dust
Your fine art and your fancy ed-u-cation
might assist in solving this situation.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Well, Mr. Hurt, I just don't know
Throughout this game I've not much to show
my effort intense despite the rush to make rent
is, to others, viewed with discontent;

am I in the crosshair of this nefarious Doctor,
lead to slaughter, come hell or high water?
is he a physician? or more of a marauder?
his action guided by a head running hotter

the game is rough! though to be expected
our minds infected, others disrespected
by the urge and the hunt for those known as SCUM
the efforts of which have left me permanently numb;
I succumb to the scrum with the twist of our thumbs
like Caesar, en masse, all others struck dumb
by the surge of the vote, some will gain hope -
others must reveal just enough rope

Hurt, PhD, please listen to me
it is clear that your current actions do so decree
that you are a man of honor - maybe soon a goner
perhaps your departure will make us soon calmer
assuming that you're running out your meter
can you point out the bastard to send to Saint Peter?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

There is no time to procrastinate
the trigger in my hand, I will ##detonate
and leave you all here to contemplate
any and all possible fate.

Epsilon Plus, OG Maco, Town Vanilla, was caught in the blast and died!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3OQwyvKmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUbRKafzX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCOlkdNGCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDlPwyB5svs

The day continues!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gee that seemed like a pro-town move :rolleyes:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's disappointing on multiple levels. I've got a long work shift ahead of me. Hopefully now is when some time gets spent here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have a 50/50 shot of success. Theoretically this should be no problem.

Looking at Hurt for content, you see a lot of badly justified votes, sidelining, and this post:

Dr. Hurt posted:

Sorry folks didn't realize deadline was tonight. Bottle Knight. . . He got mad at me about talking about my feelings without votes which is sort of a weiner thing to do. A lot of Bottle Knight posts seem to be calling folks out but not much has been actual scum hunting. They've had a hair trigger on me since Day 2 based off very small things. But that's the same way they reacted to the Diq as well. Part of me wonders if they are just very quick to shoot. Not necessarily getting a scum vibe but

In my heart of hearts. Asiina is scum. Hear me out folks. Meta first, Asiina hates the role of scum with the bottom of her heart and the fiber of her being. Whenever she gets scum she's usually nonexistent in a game. But when it comes to her posts, it feels like she manufactured a big "here's my thoughts" posts so it would get everyone off her back and keep people thinking that she was in the game with as minimum content as possible.

Oddball is I feel like the Diq is scum. I can't back it up right now but that's my heart feel. Hal too.

My thoughts are a Hal/Asiina/Diq scum game.

Let's deal with Asiina first. ##vote Asiina

Interesting that from a pool of Hal, Epsilon and I that Hurt would choose to shoot Epsilon. He also writes an entire paragraph about how Bottleknight is scummy but ends it in a wishy washy way and how he isn't exactly getting a scummy feeling about BK. We call that a light defend. There's an idea in my head that Hurt made that nice rap knowing he had to make a move and shot the person least objectionable.

Hal is an entirely different beast. I look through his history and his interactions with scum and I and I see a number of jokes and cowardly retreats from rap battles, that sort of thing. I also see one real post with reads:

Hal Incandenza posted:

aC/Asiina - This persons has so little content that it is almost impossible to make an accurate read. Sad that it is probably too dangerous to kill them for being so terrible at this point. What content there is does appear scummy, no reads based on content, just talk about PMom and VT claims. Asiina's case on EP is decent enough, but it's still just pointing out 2 posts what are "wishy-washy" and nothing else.

BottleKnight - Not a whole lot of posting, has a very under-the-radar feel, many posts that just ask people to clarify things that don't really seem followed up on. Has made a few cases but most of them are very thin and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of follow-through on the ones made. Good probability of scum.

Captain Foo - Dude seems legit to me. Pretty solid town read here.

Dr. Hurt - Likes to try and get people to vote for his bad guy of choice but his posting is suspiciously light on his own casing. Wants us all to vote GG but mysteriously never mentions GG before that. Point in his favor is that he seems to be not taking things seriously in a very natural way and not a forced scummy way. Suspicious but not at the top of the list.

Epsilon Plus - Not a whole lot there, but I get a pretty townie feel from it. Defended me pretty hard against GG at one point which felt pretty pro-town to me, and the offer to retire felt genuine (did Epsilon actually get to four votes and then not retire? I can't quite work that out). Don't want to vote them today.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE - Diqnol diqnol diqnol. anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow. True and Real True and Real True and Real. Coming in here ultra aggressive and promising to LEAD US ALL TO VICTORY but really he isn't doing much at all but blustering and sort of stepping back around deadline. My gut does not like Diqnol at all this game but I've been fighting that so far because I always want to believe in this guy. Not my top choice, but he's high on the list right now.

Hal Incandenza - Just a good old boy, never meaning no harm, but having trouble with the town since the day he was born. I'm totally town, but I haven't held up my end of the bargain very well.

##vote Bottle Knight probably would go with Dr. Hurt next.

Note that Hurt and I are both on his "Not top choice but on the list" level of suspicion and that he didn't want to vote for Epsilon. Did Hurt purposely shoot Epsilon to force Hal to make a tough choice, or did Hal try to get on Epsilon's good side and was hoping for a 2 man voting block when things got real?

On the surface, it looks like Hurt is the scum among my final two peers. Let's take a deeper look in my next post.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This is actually horrible to divine. I'm looking through my own post history to refresh myself and I make a pretty decent case for either of them being scum. What it seems to come down to, for me, is a series of questions I have to ask myself:

Did Hal flake out on this game in both rap battle, following up on reads, posting in general?
Is Hurt's mind so disconnected from the game that every time he left he'd come back with an entirely new premise about who is and isn't scum?
Do I think Hurt's vigilante shot just now was motivated from a position of town or scum? Which makes more sense?

AND I need to look at their (lovely) vote histories and look at the timing.

Expect this all in the next few hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Diqnol if you are town how can you think it's me when I pushed for BK yesterday and hurt refused to vote BK even at deadline. If BK were alive this game would be over.

Also I had no idea we were in 3 man LYLO until now! How exciting!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man Diqnol you are making me very worried about you.

Sorry I ended up working that Sunday we were supposed to battle, but I don't really know how that fits into any scum agenda anyway.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Diqnol if you are town how can you think it's me when I pushed for BK yesterday and hurt refused to vote BK even at deadline. If BK were alive this game would be over.

Also I had no idea we were in 3 man LYLO until now! How exciting!

Is that what happened? Balls, I needed to be here for a couple of deadlines. The problem is my free time is becoming so scarce that when I have it I cling to things I really enjoy to do and eschew other things like mafia. I don't think I've neglected this game in general but it's definitely below my normal activity threshold. I apologize to you all for not being here when you needed me :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm not sure how Hurts power works but I assume he blew up whoever posted next which given the situation had to be me or epsilon. He's never mentioned epsilon as scum and I'd just come off pushing a scum to get killed yesterday. The one person who he wasn't going to blow up was Diqnol who he claimed was his best read at the end of yesterday

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh man Diqnol you are making me very worried about you.

Sorry I ended up working that Sunday we were supposed to battle, but I don't really know how that fits into any scum agenda anyway.

You flaking out on every aspect of the game is something I could see you doing as scum. Me bringing up the rap thing was actually supposed to be light hearted though it did disappoint me and actually turn me off of the game a bit. Let me keep recapping until I come to a conclusion and then we can talk it out from there, okay?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm very sleepy, game thread. I need another cup of coffee and my lunch but it's only 11:20! Augh!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JACKPOT. Office worker's birthday, somebody brought in a bagel tray from a legit place. ~~yeeeEEEESSSssss~~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:ghost: bagels are good :ghost:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

:ghost: bagels are good :ghost:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:ghost: I had a pretty good bagel in New York City with garlic/chives cream cheese :ghost:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
:ghost: :ghost:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not sure how Hurts power works but I assume he blew up whoever posted next which given the situation had to be me or epsilon. He's never mentioned epsilon as scum and I'd just come off pushing a scum to get killed yesterday. The one person who he wasn't going to blow up was Diqnol who he claimed was his best read at the end of yesterday

Ha-ha wroooong. It was random. It basically had a chance to blow up anybody. If you look at my raps I forshadow that I have no control and I might get blown away as well. Epsilon was... The only person I didnt want to die because I was sure he was town.

There was a very slim chance of hitting scum, but really I wanted to narrow it down to make it easier to find the bad guy... Hmmm now who is it. Diqnol or Hal...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ha-ha wroooong. It was random. It basically had a chance to blow up anybody. If you look at my raps I forshadow that I have no control and I might get blown away as well. Epsilon was... The only person I didnt want to die because I was sure he was town.

There was a very slim chance of hitting scum, but really I wanted to narrow it down to make it easier to find the bad guy... Hmmm now who is it. Diqnol or Hal...

Well I mean it would have been nice for you to say it outright then.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

A wild device held in my hands
does not listen to my commands.
When the cork is out on my bottle clear
the genie can not be returned in there.

Hal I am not keen on your reaction. I mean basically all day you have been trying to set me up as the easy pick, but sitting back and letting Diq put the framework together so it doesn't look like you are straight up pushing for me to swing.

Did I mess up bottle? Yeah I did. Because I felt asiina was the bad guy more. I had the feeling and I followed my guts because I just couldnt get a negative read.

Hal Incandenza posted:

This post... Makes no sense to me. A) you have no idea what my power was. That bolded section (emphasis mine) is a huuuge jump in logic, whatever it is. Also B) it gives you way too much credit for bottle when honestly I can make the same statement. It is easy to discredit both because hey, there is a thing called bussing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I mean it would have been nice for you to say it outright then.

Nah then people would have tried to talk me out of it

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal what if you and I are both town and scum diqnol is laughing at the two of us going at each other's tails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

First, to answer the questions I posed to myself earlier

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Did Hal flake out on this game in both rap battle, following up on reads, posting in general?

Yes, though I meant to say "If so, does that make him scum" or something and as I sit here thinking about it, no, I guess it doesn't. Hal is a flaky individual and his lifestyle has gotten busier to the point that he isn't nearly as involved as he used to be. Is it something Hal does as scum, though? Yeah, he definitely does. That's solid meta. I think I should base my read on Hal on his content and timing alone and not care about the rest, giving some leeway to both.

quote:

Is Hurt's mind so disconnected from the game that every time he left he'd come back with an entirely new premise about who is and isn't scum?

Well, actually, thinking about it a bit, Hurt has done this in the past. I think I've strung him up for this a couple of times before and both times he flipped town? I'll investigate in a bit.

quote:

Do I think Hurt's vigilante shot just now was motivated from a position of town or scum? Which makes more sense?

Well, I think using a vig at all makes perfect sense from either side. I don't like that he's claiming it was random, I don't like that it killed Epsilon, I don't like that he made the choice without asking anyone. I do like, however, that he did it early and that the dead person was the least likely to contribute positively anyhow.

quote:

AND I need to look at their (lovely) vote histories and look at the timing.

This is next.

• Locked thread