Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Those On My Left is hammered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Flip will be later. Be chill.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

(lotsa images)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEsbALJVvA

Junko Enoshima (Those On My Left, SCUM) The Super-Duper High School Despair has been found guilty!

quote:

You have the special power of PUPPET MASTER!

You can get people to do what you want! During the night phase, you can redirect someone's night action, and get them to target someone of your choosing.

The Town has graduated!

Chihiro Fujisaki (bowmore, Town) The Super-Duper High School Programmer has survived

quote:

You have the special power of HACK THE PLANET!

During the day phase you can break into the school's computer system, ##HACK THE PLANET, and discover how many SCUM voted for yesterday's lynch! You can only do this once, however, because Monobear will then beef up system security!

Naegi Mokoto (Gwynplaine, Town) The Super-Duper High School Luckster Hope has survived

quote:

You have the special power of TRUTH BULLET!

During the day, you can fire a ##TRUTH BULLET to publicly interrogate another student, and find out who they visited the night before! However, you can only do this twice, and only once per day. But you're very lucky, you also have 1xLYNCHPROOF and 1xKILLPROOF!

Thank you for playing!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

##vote TOML
Congrats on making the right choice

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
loving hell.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Easy for me to say, I realise; but that game was awesome.

I don't know if I ever been in a closer game. I don't think it GETS any closer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kyaa! It's the perfect ending! :woop:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Asphyxious posted:

"That's impossible to say at this point. Even my usual madness hasn't picked anyone out yet. The closest I got was TOML's intro was marginally more enthusiastic that it normally is, perhaps implying he's invested in this game, perhaps implying he's scum, as he hates playing town..."

:toot:

Amazing game, thank you so much zets.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ROFL I just spotted my "night actions" you wrote in the dead doc

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Scum Doc : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bWRxa_o0kbUqPfTIEXC-gKN6PuX71SfH_WZZu0EYOlw/edit#gid=0

Dead Doc : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BmM9BIVxB03XKaeDuCwydvWbpTqaHidMrI0gBibCE2c/edit#gid=0
(night actions on second tab, to foil ASIO)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I hope everyone is now 100% crystal that when I yell at people or second guess my choices it's not Scummy it's Kitty. My Anger:Confidence is all out of kilt.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks for running Zets, excellent game!

TOML thanks for carrying the team, what an amazing effort. Also thanks for making the doc a chill place to be :3:

(You too Anidav but you should have been totes modkilled :v:)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Making it to the last day with the sensor smell all over you is a pretty impressive scum team feat.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kat and TOML made this game for me. It was really tense and paranoid and I loved it.

TOML is ruthless AF and I both look forward to and am terrified of someday being on the same scum team as him.

Kat Delacour posted:

I hope everyone is now 100% crystal that when I yell at people or second guess my choices it's not Scummy it's Kitty. My Anger:Confidence is all out of kilt.

I'd like to think this game cleared up some things but well...eventually someoene will be right again when they say I seem scummy. Then I'm back to square one.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

Kat and TOML made this game for me. It was really tense and paranoid and I loved it.

TOML is ruthless AF and I both look forward to and am terrified of someday being on the same scum team as him.

I'd like to think this game cleared up some things but well...eventually someoene will be right again when they say I seem scummy. Then I'm back to square one.

Agreedo, it was a really neat little band of thieves thing because we'd spent so much time arguing among ourselves it was kind of disappointing to think one of us was it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Mafia edit: not totes modkilled

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

overall i am quite happy with how this game went. if you look in the scumdoc you'll see that i expected that we would have lost sometime around D5. I am glad that it got to have a climactic ending, and it's nice for gwyn that he navigated it successfully :)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Great game Zet. Well played TOML.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

this is lovely of you to say but my mafia performance is incredibly inconsistent and variable. i honestly think i got quite lucky in this game.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It probably didn't hurt that nobody ever listens to me.

If I come up with an idea it's even less likely they will get iced, rather the heat goes on me instead.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I am so proud of my brother :3:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Agreedo, it was a really neat little band of thieves thing because we'd spent so much time arguing among ourselves it was kind of disappointing to think one of us was it.

I don't think I will be ever as involved in a game as I was for that one. It was a lot of fun!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Freudian Slip posted:

I don't think I will be ever as involved in a game as I was for that one. It was a lot of fun!

You should be active more! When bowmore first used the sensor, I was griping at the thread thinking "no you nimrods, look at the OTHER list it'll have more scum on it!" And then you pointed out exactly that, so I was happy :v:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also as beet said to me in a pm, this really should change the way you guys look at breadcrumbing

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

also as beet said to me in a pm, this really should change the way you guys look at breadcrumbing

I wasn't buying the bread crumbing because it would be easy to do as a scum. I would have gunned for you earlier, but Gaspy said that you were town. :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zets can I just say again how impressed I am by this whole setup. It's an unprecedented amount of love and effort into a game and although I know nothing about DR it added so much to it. Please, please, please run games in the future.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

In the original setup the serial killer and the detective were the only roles to have a fixed alignment. I ran the randomizer a few times and locked in a few more Town just to try to not get an OP scum team. These were HACK THE PLANET, FAKE DEATH, and MIDNIGHT SNACK. Everybody else had a random alignment chosen from those left.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

What really impressed me was the fact that you gave everyone a power and it was still fairly balanced.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I think my powers would have been more effective in someone like Gaspy's hands, but that would have shortened the game, and based on the amount of love and flavour Zets had good to go, that would be a shame. I love that they posted stuff for people turning against the bear.

I like Kat's harassed playstyle a lot. That line from Oglaf about someone being pretty angry even for someone whose about to be executed springs to mind.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I was really surprised that TMOL doctor gambit worked, even though not one kill was blocked by a protective ability. Especially since apart from Gwyn and Gaspy, everybody got a role PM that contained no explicit references to anything from the mafia wiki.

And even then, Gaspy didn't even get a proper role pm at first:

quote:

Congratulations Kyoko Kirigiri on being selected to join Hope's Peak Academy. You have been assigned the title of Super-Duper High School Amnesiac!

You have the special power of ???!

Unfortuantly, you have amnesia at the moment. You think you'll remember who you are soon, try not to die!

You do know you are TOWN, though - You win the game when there is no one left who is trying to kill you!

He only got his full info after the first lynch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i felt kind of bad when kat got lynched

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

i felt kind of bad when kat got lynched

I felt kind of bad when you outright stated bowmore and gwyn were town and nobody noticed except me, from the grave.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

I was really surprised that TMOL doctor gambit worked, even though not one kill was blocked by a protective ability. Especially since apart from Gwyn and Gaspy, everybody got a role PM that contained no explicit references to anything from the mafia wiki.

And even then, Gaspy didn't even get a proper role pm at first:

He only got his full info after the first lynch.

Did you notice my reply to that message? :ssh:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Getting Kat lynched myself would've made me so happy. I could feel it.... one day....one daaaaaaayyyyyyy

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Did you notice my reply to that message? :ssh:

quote:

Congratulations Gundam Tanaka on being selected to join Hope's Peak Academy. You have been assigned the title of Super-Duper High Evil Incarnate!

Unfortuantly, you have amnesia at the moment. You think you'll remember who you are soon, try not to die!

You do know you are TOWN, though - You win the game when there is no one left who is trying to kill you!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I felt kind of bad when you outright stated bowmore and gwyn were town and nobody noticed except me, from the grave.

hahah i can't remember which post you're talking about

when i said i felt lucky, i meant that town lost track of a few things this game, without which i would not have survived

people tended to forget that there needed to be a busdriver to explain hiipfire and gaspy's intel

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If anyone's up for more Mafia and wants a cooldown from role madness, I've got my thread up now for vanilla JoJo game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727623

btw Gaspy, your Gundam was fabulous. :buddy:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Really tops, fun game. Great work zets. Loved it.

I was worried the whole game whether town was OP but scum played it out brilliantly.

Probably your best scum performance toml.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Really tops, fun game. Great work zets. Loved it.

I was worried the whole game whether town was OP but scum played it out brilliantly.

Probably your best scum performance toml.

thanks beet means a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Bonus unused video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZWEiKgOSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvCdOE5DjwY

I'm glad you all enjoyed my chill game of chaos and despair.

• Locked thread