Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Never use Bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

PapFinn posted:

This was my dumb fault for not asking first, but I just tried to register for omgwtfnzbs by using some bitcoin in a Coinbase wallet. The transaction showed "Pending" on the Coinbase side and never showed on the omgwtfnzbs side until the 15 minute time limit had been reached.

I'm not sure if it's really worth the hassle of trying to sort it out on either end, but I was just curious if there was anything I could do to get that back. It's only :10bux: but it's sort of annoying that the money went through even though the transaction timed out. I'm fairly bitcoin dumb though, so I'm perfectly ok chalking it up to a fault of my own.

The same thing happened to me when I signed up. It seemed to fix itself, though, and I could login after about 10 minutes. Have you tried to login?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Got everything set up with SABnzbd, sonarr, astraweb, and an indexer, but it seems sonarr isn't downloading anything in my wishlist. I have to manually start it in SABnzbd for it to recognize. I have yet to see if it works with new episodes. I have no errors in sonarr and all the connections test ok. Any reason for this?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Thinking of switching to just using blocks to save some cash, bought some cheap ones on Newsgroupdirect.com during their June sale.

Are there other providers (someone who isn't a Highwinds reseller) that do cheapish blocks that I could use as a secondary (or backup)? Was looking at blocknews.net, but looks a little pricey after the super cheap NGD sale.

Regular block sales elsewhere?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Got everything set up with SABnzbd, sonarr, astraweb, and an indexer, but it seems sonarr isn't downloading anything in my wishlist. I have to manually start it in SABnzbd for it to recognize. I have yet to see if it works with new episodes. I have no errors in sonarr and all the connections test ok. Any reason for this?

What wishlist are you referring to?

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Aeka 2.0 posted:

They say something on their faq about it but basically it's supposed to act that way.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

tonic posted:

Thinking of switching to just using blocks to save some cash, bought some cheap ones on Newsgroupdirect.com during their June sale.

Are there other providers (someone who isn't a Highwinds reseller) that do cheapish blocks that I could use as a secondary (or backup)? Was looking at blocknews.net, but looks a little pricey after the super cheap NGD sale.

Regular block sales elsewhere?

tweaknews.eu

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Sonarr does not do a backlog search automatically. If you add a show and it is monitored (bookmark looking thing is black) then if it sees a NEW posting of that episode it will grab it. However if you want to get stuff posted previously you need to click on the magnifying glass looking search thing at the season or show level, that will search for everything missing.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Are people still having problems with the DOGnzb API? We added a bunch more hardware, and I haven't had problems since then. We also have a massive DB server on order.
Also, the watchlist has been working 100% this whole time.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Are people still having problems with the DOGnzb API? We added a bunch more hardware, and I haven't had problems since then. We also have a massive DB server on order.

No problem since the upgrade. I wish there was a way to donate that wasn't bitcoin.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

ClassH posted:

No problem since the upgrade. I wish there was a way to donate that wasn't bitcoin.

We actually disabled bitcoin yesterday. Currently, we are invite-only. If you do receive an invite, click on your trial account button and it will show you the new payment gateway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bitcoin was actively stopping me from using Dog, this is a good move.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ClassH posted:

Sonarr does not do a backlog search automatically. If you add a show and it is monitored (bookmark looking thing is black) then if it sees a NEW posting of that episode it will grab it. However if you want to get stuff posted previously you need to click on the magnifying glass looking search thing at the season or show level, that will search for everything missing.

Or you can search your entire sonarr library by going to wanted > search all missing

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I just got the API stuff working in Sonarr for the very first time, A+ upgrade.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ClassH posted:

Searching just shows "searching index" followed by a "completed" and nothing happens after that.

Diviance posted:

What wishlist are you referring to?

Wanted list, sorry.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

FWIW I love your film watchlist. Is brilliant.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Searching just shows "searching index" followed by a "completed" and nothing happens after that.

Wanted list, sorry.

If you tell it to search for your missing files using the magnifying glass for a show, what does it say in the logs?

Which are under System -> Logs.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Diviance posted:

If you tell it to search for your missing files using the magnifying glass for a show, what does it say in the logs?

Which are under System -> Logs.

Looks like I had two problems going for me. I didn't have enough APIs, so I upgraded. But then as a test i only tried one show, and that one show I kept trying had (and sonar tried to search with) an apostrophe, and the indexer didn't.

code:
EpisodeSearchService	Episode search completed. 0 reports downloaded.	9:51pm
DownloadDecisionMaker	No results found	9:51pm
NzbSearchService	Searching 1 indexers for [show edited]
So now that I figured that out, is there a way to fix the "typo" with the way sonarr is trying to search?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Looks like I had two problems going for me. I didn't have enough APIs, so I upgraded. But then as a test i only tried one show, and that one show I kept trying had (and sonar tried to search with) an apostrophe, and the indexer didn't.

code:
EpisodeSearchService	Episode search completed. 0 reports downloaded.	9:51pm
DownloadDecisionMaker	No results found	9:51pm
NzbSearchService	Searching 1 indexers for [show edited]
So now that I figured that out, is there a way to fix the "typo" with the way sonarr is trying to search?

If you want, you can PM me the show name and I will test it myself. I have several indexers.

If you want another, you can try adding the sickbeard indexer.

Just add a newznab indexer, name it whatever, turn on search and RSS and put http://lolo.sickbeard.com as the URL.

No API needed. Should work just fine.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Diviance posted:

If you want, you can PM me the show name and I will test it myself. I have several indexers.

If you want another, you can try adding the sickbeard indexer.

Just add a newznab indexer, name it whatever, turn on search and RSS and put http://lolo.sickbeard.com as the URL.

No API needed. Should work just fine.

Thanks.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does anyone have problems with nzbs.org' s SAB integration? I have double and triple-checked my URL, API key (I've tried both), clearing the settings and starting from scratch...but NZBs are never sent over. If I type the exact URL into my phone (off of wifi) I can log into SAB just fine, so I know that part is right.

Edit: changing it to my domain name and not the IP fixed it. :iiam:

EC fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 17, 2015

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
I've been out of the usenet game for probably 4 years now (Having used it from 2004-2011). Is it still a cool thing to have, or are the alt.binaries like ghost towns now? Is newshosting still a good provider?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Nah it's dead, this thread proves it.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Just as good as five years ago.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I've been out of the usenet game for probably 4 years now (Having used it from 2004-2011). Is it still a cool thing to have, or are the alt.binaries like ghost towns now? Is newshosting still a good provider?

Have had my Newshosting account for about a decade and it's still fine. Make sure you have systems in place to grab stuff as soon as possible before DMCAs hit (like Sonarr, Sickbeard, Couch Potato) and you're golden. For stuff that hasn't been DMCAd, the backlog is now close to 7 years which is just ridiculous.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Still going strong, but yeah you'll definitely want some automation in place for DMCA's, and a backup block plan on a separate provider couldn't hurt.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is Sickbeard still being updated? I haven't seen an update in months it seems like, and now I'm getting a bunch of errors with it trying to load the Sickbeard indexer.

Also, I'd like to have two different "general sorting" options with two different naming schemes, based on the category the nzbs are assigned. Is this possible?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sickbeard always seemed a bit slow and lacking new and fun features. I moved over to Sonarr when I redid my system and never looked back. Does pretty much everything that SB used to do and a chunk of stuff more.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Well after putting it off for awhile I finally gave Sonarr a go and have gotten it all setup. Looks good so far, we'll see how well it does tonight.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

so I just wrecked my NAS and started over this weekend with Sonarr instead of Sickbeard.

How do you get the failure handling to actually work? I've got a thing that failed, and it just says

Intermediate Download path inside drone factory, Skipping.

Non-sample file detected: [/storage/etc-RARBG.1/1106.mkv]

so it fails, but it doesn't actually try harder to find something. It knows it failed, but it's not doing anything about it. I can fix it manually, but I thought this was one of the things Sonarr was supposed to handle that made it better for me than Sickbeard.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

actually it may be just that one download that fails with no retry, two other failures are now downloading different copies.

weird.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Telex posted:

so I just wrecked my NAS and started over this weekend with Sonarr instead of Sickbeard.

How do you get the failure handling to actually work? I've got a thing that failed, and it just says

Intermediate Download path inside drone factory, Skipping.

Non-sample file detected: [/storage/etc-RARBG.1/1106.mkv]

so it fails, but it doesn't actually try harder to find something. It knows it failed, but it's not doing anything about it. I can fix it manually, but I thought this was one of the things Sonarr was supposed to handle that made it better for me than Sickbeard.

Well, for one thing, I would probably put your drone factory folder as its own folder. Don't put your intermediate/incomplete or completed downloads into that folder.

So, for example...

Incomplete:

D:\Downloads\Usenet\Incomplete

Complete:

D:\Downloads\Usenet\Complete

Drone Factory:

D:\Downloads\Unsorted\TV

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I personally keep a folder within NZBGet marked for Sonarr as the complete download path, and I then have this as a shortcut within my drone factory so I can jump into it easily enough if something is stuck. Seems to play fine with the system.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Diviance posted:

Well, for one thing, I would probably put your drone factory folder as its own folder. Don't put your intermediate/incomplete or completed downloads into that folder.

That is exactly what I have. I don't have a clue (and neither does Sonarr I guess) why that one particular download wasn't working out. Other failed downloads are retrying with different ones just fine.

Overall I think Sonarr may be a bit more fancy than it needs to be but I guess it gets the job done.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Telex posted:

That is exactly what I have. I don't have a clue (and neither does Sonarr I guess) why that one particular download wasn't working out. Other failed downloads are retrying with different ones just fine.

Overall I think Sonarr may be a bit more fancy than it needs to be but I guess it gets the job done.

Check your logs under System after you attempt to download it. It's probably still in your download client's history.

Or you can manually search for a different release and select one that hasn't been grabbed already.

E: this is why it has so many features - ultimately, usenet programs are more complicated than torrent programs, as well as more complex. Things happen, and need to be fixed.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Telex posted:

No program is perfect, but if you think something can be improved... by all means, tell the team. They are open to ideas.

I got them to implement a bunch of mine early on, like the color changing progress bars and various other UI quirks.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've read the OP and a bunch of usenet indexer review sites but I'm a little overwhelmed with information but I managed to get a block, and set up sabnzbd. I'm not a huge power user, I bought a block from astraweb - is there a recommended indexer that I can search from? Everything seems to go up and down, open to close, invites to no invites. I'm willing to pay for access to one assuming it's really good. (note this isn't me schilling for an invite)

vyst fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 27, 2015

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

vyst posted:

I've read the OP and a bunch of usenet indexer review sites but I'm a little overwhelmed with information but I managed to get a block, and set up sabnzbd. I'm not a huge power user, I bought a block from astraweb - is there a recommended indexer that I can search from? Everything seems to go up and down, open to close, invites to no invites. I'm willing to pay for access to one assuming it's really good. (note this isn't me schilling for an invite)

The list linked in the OP is not the most accurate for open/closed but I've had good luck with the first two indexers mentioned:
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/nzb-sources

I believe dog is closed for invites right now but the other one has invites for most users. Between those and the sick beard index I've been pretty much set, but it's possible with effort to run your own indexer if you're unhappy with the groups indexed by the main sites.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's worth adding lolo.sickbeard.com to your list if your software supports it (you can't just browse it with a web browser, but sonarr works fine with it) as a useful backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I realise you said you weren't shilling, but I've got plenty of Dog and NZB.su invites if you want to PM me