Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZD4ezDbbu4

Born down in a Atharan town
The first kick from Sushem was when I hit the ground
You end up like a Snarls that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up
Born in the UR. S. A.
I was born in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
Got in a little hometown jam so they put a spear in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land to go and kill the demon man
Born in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
Come back home to the minery
Foreman man says "son if it was up to me"
Went down to see my Mighty man
He said "son don't you understand now"

Had Ithma at Ibleam fighting off the Viet Norks
They're still there he's all gone

Subliminal messaging posted:

HIT IT IN ITS STUPID loving FACE UNTIL IT IS DEAD IN THE NAME OF EL AND GET THAT loving SNAKE DEMON SORCEROUS DOUBT MINDFUCKERY OUT AND SHOUT EL

He had a woman he loved in Tanaach
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of El temporarily
Out by the gas fires of the Asherah Way
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go
Born in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
I'm a long gone daddy in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
Born in the UR. S. A.
I'm a cool rocking daddy in the UR. S. A.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Switch with Uriah and start smashing it while crying out to El! Some part of our mind may have given in to fear before, but a heart full of El cannot fail!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Q (There are two write in option btw) This is a really long shot. Try to draw from your well and create... [???]. Feed it to the creature.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Task Manager posted:

M - trade with Uriah, and smash the "unbreakable shield while held by one of our line" into its face repeatedly with the strength of 125 men until it stops moving or we prove Tudiya a liar.

This is the stuff. This right here.

I'd personally like to add on that while we are doing this, have the men search for something useful, if only because at worst, if we can't kill this thing, maybe we can loot something useful from this place before we have to run the gently caress out of here.

So, M as above, D.

Edit: Diog added Task Manager's quote as O, so I'm voting O, plus D. I hope we wedge the shield in its stupid toothy dagger-jaws and just keep hitting it until its head comes off.

Diogines posted:

Some corner of your mind, perhaps only your own doubts, tells you that you have prostrated your face upon the floor before demons and defied the highest of El's commandments. You say no... no, it was not worship but some small corner of your heart calls you a liar, feckless and faithless. El will not help you. You are not worthy of his aid... you swear you almost hear a faint whisper of Jobe's voice in your ears, perhaps only your fears as you face this demon, that El has abandoned you?

This is the sort of foolish notion a demoralizing shriek-demon would want us to be afflicted by, and it's categorically garbage. I didn't vote at the bow/not-bow juncture, but no matter who did or how that played out, I firmly believe that if El exists and that's the entity that has watched us our entire life and seen everything in our mind, he's wise enough to know our motives for going that route were not to worship whatever we were about to encounter.

We're here spreading the light of El beyond his domain as muscle-missionaries and literally punching demons to smithereens. If that ain't enough for El, I don't know what is.

Harvey Baldman fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 25, 2015

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Harvey Baldman posted:

This is the stuff. This right here.

I'd personally like to add on that while we are doing this, have the men search for something useful, if only because at worst, if we can't kill this thing, maybe we can loot something useful from this place before we have to run the gently caress out of here.

So, M as above, D.

This is the sort of foolish notion a demoralizing shriek-demon would want us to be afflicted by, and it's categorically garbage. I didn't vote at the bow/not-bow juncture, but no matter who did or how that played out, I firmly believe that if El exists and that's the entity that has watched us our entire life and seen everything in our mind, he's wise enough to know our motives for going that route were not to worship whatever we were about to encounter.

We're here spreading the light of El beyond his domain as muscle-missionaries and literally punching demons to smithereens. If that ain't enough for El, I don't know what is.

Not only that, but if the watcher was El, then it knows all our fears, weakness, doubts, the time we wanted to leave children and women to die to save ourself, the times we consorted with a witch, everything and it still helped us.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Task Manager posted:

M - trade with Uriah, and smash the "unbreakable shield while held by one of our line" into its face repeatedly with the strength of 125 men until it stops moving or we prove Tudiya a liar.

Added this as O.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Task Manager posted:

HIT IT IN ITS STUPID loving FACE UNTIL IT IS DEAD IN THE NAME OF EL AND GET THAT loving SNAKE DEMON SORCEROUS DOUBT MINDFUCKERY OUT AND SHOUT EL

O

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Diogines posted:

Added this as O.

Well O then!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Basscop posted:

O

Changing my vote to this

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

dog kisser posted:

Well O then!

Same, switching from a different M.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
O, This could take a while...

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
O

Changing to prayer circle call upon El to deliver this creature to judgement/imprisonment/destruction

Althair fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 25, 2015

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I agree with the theories that we're dealing with a thing that emptied his well.

Ishamal told us once that such a creature could not be ended by violence.

Maybe we should try dancing at it?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

O

edit: changed to N in later post

Aades fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 25, 2015

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
O

Schwza fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 25, 2015

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I agree with the theories that we're dealing with a thing that emptied his well.

Ishamal told us once that such a creature could not be ended by violence.

Maybe we should try dancing at it?

Dance on its stupid face when it's dead.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Grognan posted:

J and point out a chamber that does NOT have a presence behind it if we can

This

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Changing my vote from A to O.
Cancel my bronze arrow write-in.
Please to shout El appropriately and encourage a good rythm of EL HA MELECH KOL HA OLAM in our group as we pound this thing.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

O is an interesting idea, but I think I see an issue with it?

Uriah can harden his weapons or fists, such that they do not break, or at least are ridiculously tough.

Your shield is unbreakable according to Tudiya.

Your harms and hands are not. Using your full strength on the shield will very probably break your arms. You are at 125 men, not your "normal" 140 men worth of strength. yet Uriah can probably put more pain on it with his lesser strength than yours, since he can use all of it without breaking his arms.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Well just do it without breaking our arms then? It'll take longer but gently caress this thing

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You certainly can. But Uriah can probably smash it harder than you, without injuring himself?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Ouroborus posted:

How about we kill it first? We need to get our dude's blue vapour back!

We can!

BY EATING IT WHOLE.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Uriah can harden his weapons or fists, such that they do not break, or at least are ridiculously tough.

Your harms and hands are not. Using your full strength on the shield will very probably break your arms. You are at 125 men, not your "normal" 140 men worth of strength. yet Uriah can probably put more pain on it with his lesser strength than yours, since he can use all of it without breaking his arms.

Here's my take on it:

If El forsaken us then we die

If we don't die, then ???

gently caress THIS poo poo BREAK HIS FACE OR DIE TRYING IM TIRED OF THE loving DOUBT CREEPING UP

b-b-but enkidel we were forced at gunpoint to bow we forsaken our god
:qqsay:

gently caress THAT JUST BEAT THE SHITS BRAIN IN

e: LET EL JUDGE US LATER. THIS poo poo IS NOW

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Diogines posted:

Well piss. And I thought that might work - but if I'm reading this right Uriah is pretty much already wailing away at it at about equivalent strength to us AND he isn't going to break his arms doing so.

Back to the drawing board I guess.Diog, did that clay ball we found resmble one of the clay ball explosives Indor was selling? Maybe fire will at least daze it, if conventional means won't, and that last survivor had a "suicide pill" if he ended up giving into the hunger?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Diog: do we have any silver knives or anything with us? It wouldn't hurt to try to stab it with something other than bronze.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Uriah doesn't just breathe fire, he's lit things up at range before, why wouldn't he just do that, Have Uriah grab the head and Vor ya hi it. so P Also Ellllllll

Toughy fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 25, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

N
And chant: "The power of El compels you!" repeatedly.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

H

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

Well piss. And I thought that might work - but if I'm reading this right Uriah is pretty much already wailing away at it at about equivalent strength to us AND he isn't going to break his arms doing so.

Back to the drawing board I guess.Diog, did that clay ball we found resmble one of the clay ball explosives Indor was selling? Maybe fire will at least daze it, if conventional means won't, and that last survivor had a "suicide pill" if he ended up giving into the hunger?
No. Small clay balls are sometimes used in jewelry, painted various colors. This one was blue, though the paint has chipped. A single bead however is an odd thing to wear in jewelry, let alone on the end of an obviously valuable gold necklace? A clay bead is not valuable.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Some corner of your mind, perhaps only your own doubts, tells you that your daughter has perverted your line and heritage by claiming herself a man and defied the highest of El's commandments. You say no... no, it was not perversion but some small corner of your heart calls Ruth a liar, feckless and faithless. El will not help Ruth. Ruth is not worthy of his aid... you swear you almost hear a faint whisper of Jobe's voice in your ears, perhaps only your fears as you face this demon, that El has abandoned Ruth?

Oh wait

didn't happen.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Schwza posted:

Diog: do we have any silver knives or anything with us? It wouldn't hurt to try to stab it with something other than bronze.
You have some silver coins in a pouch on your belt, no silver knives. Your culture does not ascribe supernatural power to silver weapons. There are no monsters weak to silver.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Do we have our weird green rock? Maybe we should shove it straight down it's throat. Maybe that's what it was afraid of.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Basscop posted:

O

This

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
For now, changing from O to E - try to find something to trap it in/ throw it down.

Hm.....gonna ponder this one for a bit longer.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 25, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Do we have our weird green rock? Maybe we should shove it straight down it's throat. Maybe that's what it was afraid of.

You left it. It is at the top of the stairs.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
So can we let Uriah beat it to death with our shield?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

Task Manager posted:

For now, changing from O to E - try to find something to trap it in/ throw it down.

Hm.....gonna ponder this one for a bit longer.

I'm doing the same

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I will vote for P: Tel Uriah to switch with us if his fists soften, otherwise do to this thing what Tudiya and Rimsuh (???spelling) did to Baereen (???spelling).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
D

WE'RE DOING EL'S WORK BOYS!