Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thirteen politicians are trapped in a room. Three of them have been taken control of by murderous aliens. Find the aliens or die to them.

The mafia rules are the same as in basically every other Mafia game ever. If you don't know them by now, go read the start of another Mafia game, because I don't feel like stealing them from someone!

The WIFOA rules part is as follows:

1) Before the game begins, there will be a contest to see what the draft order will be for power roles. This contest will be as follows: Everyone sends me a pair of numbers secretly, but may talk about what they picked in the thread as they wish. Whoever chooses the lowest first number that the fewest other people picked picks first, followed by whoever picked the second lowest first number that the fewest other people picked, etc., then they are follwed by those who chose the lowest number that the second fewest number of other people picked, etc. The second number is a tiebreaker to be used in the same way, and if there is a tie beyond that, the order will be random.

It's a lot easier than it sounds, so here's an example:

Person A: 1,1
Person B: 1,2
Person C: 1,3
Person D: 2,1
Person E: 2,1
Person F: 3,5

So, in this scenario, Person F would go first, because his first number, 3, was picked by nobody else. Second and third would be D and E, though which was second and which was third would be decided randomly. Fourth would be Person A, who picked the most popular first number, but also had the lowest second number. Then Person B would be fifth, and Person C would be last. Simple!

2) The reason you're doing this is to draft power roles. Whoever picks first gets their choice of any power role they want, and it continues down the line. Picking something that someone already picked means that you don't get that power: you are simply vanilla. You may also choose to be vanilla if you want to. You'll also know whether or not you're scum before you pick, though you will not be told who your partners are. The draft choices and their role PMs in this game are as follows:

Dramatic Bodyguard: You are a dramatic bodyguard. Each night, you may choose to protect one person from being killed. If that person is the target of a night kill that night, you will die instead of that person, but because you are dramatic, the person who was supposed to die will see everything, including who it was that tried to kill them but killed you instead.

One-shot Vigilante: You are a one-shot vigilante. Each night, you may choose to kill someone. You may only do this once per game.

Cop: You are a sane cop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. If the person you investigate is town, they will turn up town, if scum, they will turn up scum.

Rolecop: You are a rolecop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. The role they chose in the draft will be revealed to you, AS WELL AS whether or not they got it.

Doctor: You are a doctor. Each night, you may choose someone besides yourself to protect. That person will be impossible to kill that night.

One-shot Oracle: You are a one-shot oracle. Each night, you may predict who it is that will be lynched the following day. If you are correct, you may choose to prevent the lynch of that person. When you prevent a lynch, you may no longer use this power.

One-shot Watcher/Tracker: You are a one-shot watcher/tracker. Each night, you may choose to watch and track someone. You will see where they go, if anywhere, at night, as well as who, if anyone, visits them. You may only do this once per game.

One-shot Hastener: You are a one-shot hastener. Each night, you may choose to enable someone to perform a single additional night action at any point during the rest of the game, even people who have only one action (for example, if you hastened the one-shot vigilante, they would be a two-shot vigilante, while if you hastened a cop, they would get two investigations one night that they chose). You may only do this once per game.

3) Everyone, when submitting their draft choices, also may guess at the two SECRET ROLES. These roles are (duh) secret. However, if anyone correctly guesses the name of one of the SECRET ROLES, they will get it instead of the role they drafted. If two people guess the same SECRET ROLE (doubtful) then whoever is higher on the draft chart gets it, and the other will get their regularly scheduled role. You get two hints at the SECRET ROLES names:

1) Neither is "Hypercharger" or any variant thereof.
2) Both have nine letters.

3,5 Omega
11,1 MMT
2,1 Hal
2,2 MMM
6,4 GG
6,8 birdstrike
1,3 Exact
1,7 Grandicap
1,1 LM
1,1 Opo
4,2 yuming (won flip)
4,2 Kumba
4,3 Oxidation (won flip)
4,3 Diqnol

1. Birdstrike
  2. EXAKT Science
  3. Ghastly Gangsta
  4. Grandicap
  5. GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. Kumbamontu
  8. Little Mac
  9. MMM Whatchya Say
  10. Murmur Twin
  11. OmegaGoo
  12. Opopanax
  13. oxidation
  14. yuming

merk fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Example draft order setup:

Voodoofly posted:

Mock Draft Contest to make it simpler (second number is tiebreaker).

A: 1,1
B: 1,4
C: 1,1
D: 3,7
E: 5,9
F: 5,2
G: 7,1
H: 2,4
I: 2,7
J: 9,8
K: 6,9
L: 6,7
M: 5,6

Final Draft Order:

1. D (3,7) (single picks)
2. G (7,1)
3. J (9,8)
4. H (2,4) (double picks)
5. I (2,7)
6. L (6,7)
7. K (6,9)
8. B (1,4) (triple picks)
9. C (1,1 wins dice roll)
10. A (1,1 loses dice roll)
11. F (5,2)
12. M (5,6)
13. E (5,9)

Simple, right?

Voodoofly posted:

WIFOA I Number Choices and Role Selection:

Stage 1: The Numbers:

1. MM 3,3
2. TheLostBoy 5,7 (lost dice role)
3. Piuro 1,3
4. trajanmax 5,7 (won dice role)
5. EccoRaven 9,7
6. sc4rs 1,1
7. Vote1 8,1
8. The Disco Kid 3,2
9. 50 pounds of bread 4,4
10. Sophia 5,2
11. Buane 2,6
12. Fits 4,3
13. Squiggly 4,2

Stage 2: The draft choices:

1. Buane Vig
2. Vote1 jailor
3. EccoRaven Vig
4. sc4rs jailor
5. Piuro Rolecop
6. TheDiscoKid Rolecop
7. MM Jailor
8. Squiggly jailor
9. Fitsfadda Vig
10. 50lbs of Bread Vig
11. Sophia jailor
12. Trajanmax Vig
13. The Lost Boy Jailor

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

oh poo poo, in

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Signing up. Merk games rule.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
never played a WIFOA before. sounds fun.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
This sounds like my kind of thing, sign me up please!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool cool

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Would it be inappropriate for a new person to SA Mafia (but not mafia in general) to sign up for this game?

If it's not inappropriate (double negatives!), I'd like to play.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Haven't you played before though?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would like to play your mysterious game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OmegaGoo posted:

Would it be inappropriate for a new person to SA Mafia (but not mafia in general) to sign up for this game?

If it's not inappropriate (double negatives!), I'd like to play.

Join us.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like the SECRET ROLE idea better than the old MYSTERY ROLE thing. Nice change, merk! Also Dramatic Bodyguard is a neat idea.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Haven't you played before though?

Not here, unfortunately. I'm ready to get my feet wet, sir!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yeah this looks fun and i'm dead everywhere else!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In if there is room.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (11): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We need two more.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Me!

oxidation
May 22, 2011
I'm down to play!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've never played one of these and would like to!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, we have enough. Send in your numbers.

We will play with 15, 4 scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, votefinder, yuming

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Merk, one of your players on that list is named votefinder and all he does is lumpen list, please ban tia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
3,5 Omega
11,1 MMT
2,1 Hal
2,2 MMM
6,4 GG
6,8 birdstrike
1,3 Exact
1,7 Grandicap
1,1 LM
1,1 Opo
4,2 yuming (won flip)
4,2 Kumba
4,3 Oxidation (won flip)
4,3 Diqnol

Order.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Alignments about to be distributed:
3 Scum
1 Survivor
10 Town
:siren:

IF YOU DO NOT GET A ROLE PM, YOU ARE TOWN

YES, PEOPLE HAVE USED 'HEY I DIDNT GET A ROLE PM' CONFUSION TO TRY TO CONFIRM THEMSELVES AS TOWN IN PREVIOUS GAMES

I WILL TELL YOU WHEN ALL ALIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
All alignments have been distributed. If you did not receive a PM, you are Town. I will distribute scum buddies to the scum AFTER role selection.

Please submit role selections now. Look at the op if you have questions. Ask publicly or in the thread if you have questions.

If you did not guess a 'secret' role, you may guess it now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I had a dream that someone guessed the secret roles, both of them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey I didn't get a pm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey I didn't get a role pm

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Hey I didn't get a pm

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey I didn't get a role pm

same

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Hey I didn't get a pm

I got a role PM but it didn't say who my scumbuddies are.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you are my scumbuddy just put spoiler tags around it and say so so I can make my role choice accordingly.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm so confused.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, you'll get used to it

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, you'll get used to it

And you will be a worse mafia player for it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

And you will be a worse person for it.

*Mafia edit

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Opopanax posted:

Hey I didn't get a pm

Seems town to me!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Guess I shouldn't have drunk the wine.

*burp*

##VOTE SANDERS 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk