Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Wentley posted:

So can we let Uriah beat it to death with our shield?
Our shield is only unbreakable in the hands of the line of Zepa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Believing that El wouldn't help us is exactly what the snake demon wanted us to think. EL HA MELECH KOL HA OLAM! Voting for whichever option that involves screaming and punching is in the lead.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Wentley posted:

Is Uriah a part of our line? It feels like Diog is pulling a honey-trap with what a good and easy idea it would be for us to let him do it. The shield is only unbreakable when used by one of our line. If that means Zepa in general, Uriah might be alright? But I'm unsure if he meant literally ours or not.

Can we have clarification on this from Enkindel's knowledge of what Tuddie meant, Diog?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Vagon posted:

Is Uriah a part of our line? It feels like Diog is pulling a honey-trap with what a good and easy idea it would be for us to let him do it. The shield is only unbreakable when used by one of our line. If that means Zepa in general, Uriah might be alright? But I'm unsure if he meant literally ours or not.

Can we have clarification on this from Enkindel's knowledge of what Tuddie meant, Diog?
He probably meant a "a true descendant of Zepa"... which apparently includes you? He probably did not mean a direct first-male-line biological descendant of Zepa? Would that include Uriah, who comes from one of Zepath's most Blooded families, but whom Tudiya does not like or trust?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
D

I think our best bet is to try to twist the thing's head off, honestly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, because when Tudiya was forbidding us from marrying Ruth off to anyone of Zepa's line, and everyone kept shipping him/her with Paebel, we were told that Paebel was counted on the list, if I'm remembering right.

Edit: Can we tell Paebel or someone not busy fighting this thing to run up and grab some of the green gemstone/glass?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Guys, screw complex plans! Let Uriah beat the demon in the face, its how they did away with Bareen when she tried to kidnap us, and it took a while but worked. Trying to let go of the demon so we can get extra glory by punching it ourselves is silly. Just hold it down like Tudiya did with Bareen, don't screw with a plan that's working, that's gonna get people killed. If it doesn't die in a few hours we can consider alternatives.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
D + have a ball bring the armor off the dude at the top of the staircase down + some of the the green rock

I bet its the armor that kept this thing from walking up the stair case.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Diogines posted:

He probably meant a "a true descendant of Zepa"... which apparently includes you? He probably did not mean a direct first-male-line biological descendant of Zepa? Would that include Uriah, who comes from one of Zepath's most Blooded families, but whom Tudiya does not like or trust?

Thank you.

Have Uriah use the shield to bash it and send Paebel to get a green rock. It kept something THIS strong sealed, guys. We smashed though it like nothing, yet this thing couldn't? It's weak to it. Pin it, bash it, Get That Rock, Paebro!

the_steve posted:

Yeah, because when Tudiya was forbidding us from marrying Ruth off to anyone of Zepa's line, and everyone kept shipping him/her with Paebel, we were told that Paebel was counted on the list, if I'm remembering right.

Edit: Can we tell Paebel or someone not busy fighting this thing to run up and grab some of the green gemstone/glass?

This, basically.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

If you want to, sure, make that your vote, or an add on etc.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Vagon posted:

Thank you.

Have Uriah use the shield to bash it and send Paebel to get a green rock. It kept something THIS strong sealed, guys. We smashed though it like nothing, yet this thing couldn't? It's weak to it. Pin it, bash it, Get That Rock, Paebro!

This, basically.

yeah this from A

the green rock is kryptonite

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

quote:

22:18:27 | <Thaumocrates> also Ishamal please teach us mighty harden
22:18:29 | <Thaumocrates> actually wait
22:18:32 | <Thaumocrates> he HAS taught us mighty harden
22:18:44 | <Thaumocrates> For our fists?
Your ability to use Water from your Well to resist harm, is different and greatly costly. A few of your hardest blows would drain your well rapidly if you tried this, though you could try.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm obviously not the first one to be thinking "Oh poo poo, it's a Mighty Man!"
I'm curious though, its mind is pretty clearly gone, I wonder if some small part of its brain think it's still defending this place from invaders, or if it's just a hungry crazy monster now.

Either way, the answer is to kill it and wonder about that later, but I do hope we find out.

Diogines posted:

If you want to, sure, make that your vote, or an add on etc.

Adding "Tell Paebel or someone not fighting this thing to run up and grab some of the green gemstone/glass." to my original vote of N

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

yeah this from A

the green rock is kryptonite

You can do both, I don't see any issue mixing and matching ideas here. When we do "pick one!" its usually because we are moving moment to moment, a small amount of time so I want to know what you are doing in the next few seconds. If you want Uriah to keep smashing it in the face and send someone to get the green rocks, go ahead.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Diogines posted:

Your ability to use Water from your Well to resist harm, is different and greatly costly. A few of your hardest blows would drain your well rapidly if you tried this, though you could try.

YES TRY THIS BUT NOT TOO MUCH

Did it not want to get too high because of the green stone, because of the armor, or because it's more vulnerable above ground?
E + Have someone bring down some green glass and a couple spare torches if we have any.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Diogines posted:

No. Small clay balls are sometimes used in jewelry, painted various colors. This one was blue, though the paint has chipped. A single bead however is an odd thing to wear in jewelry, let alone on the end of an obviously valuable gold necklace? A clay bead is not valuable.

Hm.....hm..........

I'm stumped. :(

I like trying to use dragonglass on the white walker though, so if we can do that as a "Free Action", +1 to having Paebro go get some green stone to use on it, while we try to drive it into a pit or something (E).

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Change from O to N and send Paebel for the green stone

Billy yelled at the heavens then fed us some white plant to bring us back from the hunger. Maybe we should ask El for some of that magic food? Although we weren't as far gone as this chap if he is a hunger beast like us.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
N, plus yell out our unshakable faith to El! And send someone for green stone.

Also, is it possible for Uriah to teach us harden if we survive this? Or can only Ishy teach stuff?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

N, plus yell out our unshakable faith to El! And send someone for green stone.

Also, is it possible for Uriah to teach us harden if we survive this? Or can only Ishy teach stuff?
Learning the secrets of the Mighty Men of Zepath are passed down from the Mighty Men to their male relatives with the power to learn such. That is how your Mighty Men learned, they are all the sons, grandsons or nephews of Zepathan Mighty Men.

Except Uriah. Who figured it out on his own. Tudiya and the Mighty Men do not trust Uriah and taught him nothing. Tudiya has taught you no such abilities, none at all, leaving such training to Ishamal. It is obviously a very useful power yet for some reason he has not taught you how. Why?

You can ask him when you get back. You don't know if Uriah can. You could ask him after this is over?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 25, 2015

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Diogines posted:

It is obviously a very useful power yet for some reason he has not taught you how. Why?

Because we are different to normal mighty men, our blood has a different potency.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Vavrek posted:

M: :unsmigghh:
Unhinge our jaw. Swallow it whole.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

Some corner of your mind, perhaps only your own doubts, tells you that you have prostrated your face upon the floor before demons and defied the highest of El's commandments. You say no... no, it was not worship but some small corner of your heart calls you a liar, feckless and faithless. El will not help you. You are not worthy of his aid... you swear you almost hear a faint whisper of Jobe's voice in your ears, perhaps only your fears as you face this demon, that El has abandoned you?

Yup. Sounds about right. We did bow to a demon/lizard god. I don't care how goons try to justify that as courtesy or diplomacy. That was hosed up. Broke the most important tenant. I guess an equivalent to the modern world would be loving a twelve year old girl that some king offers you, because you don't want to offend.

If Uriah lighting this thing on fire doesn't work, and we use our Well to protect Enkidel, then we will be in a really poo poo position. Weaker from using up our well, and crispy from fire.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

If Uriah lighting this thing on fire doesn't work, and we use our Well to protect Enkidel, then we will be in a really poo poo position. Weaker from using up our well, and crispy from fire.
We have a pot of oil, we could douse it in oil and light it up.

Also I think I figured out what's in those sealed chambers...

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting O. Uriah, hold the demon. Enkidel, smash it in the face with your awesome unbreakable shield.

Wentley posted:

That is option N. But the shield is only invincible when someone of Zepath's line holds it. It may not work for Uriah. It is kind of odd it works for Enkidel, but I guess the "Zepath's line" thing is not based on blood.

Ouroborus posted:

We have a pot of oil, we could douse it in oil and light it up.

Also I think I figured out what's in those sealed chambers...

Treasure! I am kidding. It is demons. It is all demons.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Voting O. Uriah, hold the demon. Enkidel, smash it in the face with your awesome unbreakable shield.

That is option N. But the shield is only invincible when someone of Zepath's line holds it. It may not work for Uriah. It is kind of odd it works for Enkidel, but I guess the "Zepath's line" thing is not based on blood.

Treasure! I am kidding. It is demons. It is all demons.

Yup, I think these might actually be like us, but starved for a millennium. Maybe this is hunger beast storage for the Melachim.
The ones moving up and down are literally climbing the walls trying to get us.

Edit: Having said that, maybe there are interesting things down there that won't try to eat us.

Ouroborus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 25, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Ouroborus posted:

Yup, I think these might actually be like us, but starved for a millennium. Maybe this is hunger beast storage for the Melachim.

Edit: Having said that, maybe there are interesting things down there that won't try to eat us.

Maybe... the others were interred, and they're bouncing up and down in their coffins trying to get out?

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Bede posted:

D + have a ball bring the armor off the dude at the top of the staircase down + some of the the green rock

I bet its the armor that kept this thing from walking up the stair case.

Changing my M,D vote to this in light of Diog's mention that we'll risk breaking our arms if we whole-hog the shield ourselves.

I am not willing to take the risk that the shield wouldn't break in someone else's hands. It may be that the addition of our name to Zepa's monument is the precondition for the shield having its unnatural durability, and as far as I know Uriah has never done that. Of course, I idly speculate sometimes that this is all a simulation in a computer, like a big stupid (awesome) MMO, with checks for conditions like that, so who the hell knows!

quote:

Diog, is that what the presences actually feel like as far as their movement patterns go? Or is this something smaller, like them hopping in place? Are they doing it in time, or is it asynchronous? I know we can't exactly focus that well in the moment, but I did ask this before we charged down the stairs, too.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

dyzzy posted:

Maybe... the others were interred, and they're bouncing up and down in their coffins trying to get out?

I'm thinking what might've happened is that the ancient city we're in got attacked by a force powerful enough to necessitate a mighty man-splosion, and the creatures we're in here with were people or more likely beings like us who got sealed in by the explosion. After the ordinary humans died out the survivors decided to seal themselves in, one to a cell, leaving the final one out in the hall which is who we're currently fighting.

There's a lot missing from this theory - why didn't they just dig themselves out, like we dug in? Were they so afraid of what was out there that being trapped for eternity was better? Why didn't they kill themselves instead of becoming demons? - but it's the best that I can come up with.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You...
O. Tell Uriah to hold it, you will smash it in the face with your shield instead!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -