Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

UPFRONT THREADS
ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX - CW

[I'll remove the inserted text cues once I'm sure I've got it right. Please feel free to point out if I've got things out of order/misspelled/etc]

sunday

monday

tuesday

wednesday

thursday

friday

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Upcoming New Shows:

DOA:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 25, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
When did CBS grow a brain and decide putting Supergirl opposite Gotham was a bad idea? Or was the initial report just based on them being on the same night?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

When did CBS grow a brain and decide putting Supergirl opposite Gotham was a bad idea? Or was the initial report just based on them being on the same night?

Oh, looks like I read the schedule in the upfront thread wrong - Supergirl is replacing the sitcoms at 8 in November when football season is over, not following them at 9. :doh:

So the answer is: CBS did not grow a brain.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 4, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah. I thought that was weird considering the lady in charge of CBS programming was all "I don't think there's any overlap in audience, and even if there is, our show will totally tempt their viewers to watch us instead!"

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Ah. I thought that was weird considering the lady in charge of CBS programming was all "I don't think there's any overlap in audience, and even if there is, our show will totally tempt their viewers to watch us instead!"

Yeah, two DC comic based TV shows - no overlap in audience. Rrriiiight.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait.. Coach?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wait.. Coach?

Yup, Coach.

Didn't they just announce they were rejiggering some of the schedules?

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I have a feeling that Heroes: Reborn is going to be utterly destroyed by football.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Yup, Coach.

Didn't they just announce they were rejiggering some of the schedules?

I think ABC is switching out Of Kings and Prophets on Sundays for Quantico, but I don't know what's replacing Quantico on Tuesdays yet. As the schedule is changed so shall the OP.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

edit: ^^^Dammit.

Wasn't Of Kings and Prophets pulled?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/02/abc-fall-schedule-quantico-kings-prophets

quote:

New biblical drama Of Kings and Prophets has been pulled from the fall schedule, EW has confirmed. Initially slated to air on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. ET, Quantico has now been shifted to Prophets’ timeslot on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. ET. There’s no word yet on what will replace Quantico Tuesday nights.

Of Kings and Prophets is an epic Biblical saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet, and a resourceful young shepherd on a collision course with destiny. The series was written by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage and executive-produced by Jason Reed, Reza Aslan and Mahyad Tousi. According to Deadline, the ambitious series will undergo a number of recastings and be held for a later premiere date.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Chicago Med is taking the place of Heartbreakers in NBC's lineup due to Melissa George's pregnancy. OP changes coming when I'm not phone posting

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Boy howdy I love the fact that Bob's Burgers is getting hosed over by Fox for a second season in a row by putting it in the 7:30 Sunday slot, which means there's a drat good chance the NFL will ruin a couple of episodes. Is it that much of a crime to put Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Last Man on Earth on a different day?

I just don't expect another season after this one. This is why I don't usually watch network TV.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Y-Hat posted:

Boy howdy I love the fact that Bob's Burgers is getting hosed over by Fox for a second season in a row by putting it in the 7:30 Sunday slot, which means there's a drat good chance the NFL will ruin a couple of episodes. Is it that much of a crime to put Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Last Man on Earth on a different day?

I just don't expect another season after this one. This is why I don't usually watch network TV.

Well, going by the Simpsons 6 seasons is right around when people start hating on the show anyway. :v:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

computer parts posted:

Well, going by the Simpsons 6 seasons is right around when people start hating on the show anyway. :v:

Nah, the simpsons only started it's decline then. Depending on who you ask it was 3 or 4 more seasons before they took a nosedive.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

computer parts posted:

IMO, up to Season 8 is incredible, it's still good in Season 9, but by Season 10 it got visibly worse.

Maybe Bob's Burgers can outlast that walking corpse of a show.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am currently going through all of the Simpsons through Simpson's World. I just finished Season 9 and while I could go back and watch previous episodes, I really have no motivation to watch the rest (except the Treehouse of Horror episodes).

I did not know that Reza Aslan was an executive producer for Of Prophets and Kings. That gives me more hope about the series than I had ever had before.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

I finally want to see this Emerald City show after hearing about it last year. I suspect its going to be a fun miniseries that no one watches when it comes out but ends up having a cult following.

It basically sounds like Tinman the series, which I rather liked despite the main actresses dead eyed stare.

Legend of Tomorrow and Supergirl looked like the only new scifi/fantasy shows unless one of the pics/show names isn't indicative of the series.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

ashez2ashes posted:

Legend of Tomorrow and Supergirl looked like the only new scifi/fantasy shows unless one of the pics/show names isn't indicative of the series.

Lucifer sorta counts?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gamesguy posted:

Lucifer sorta counts?

It's urban fantasy, so more Supernatural than anything else.

Actually it really reminds me of the old Dresden Files tv show which if nothing else had some inventive ideas.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody at CBS had a really stupid idea and Supergirl is in the same timeslot as Gotham.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Somebody at CBS had a really stupid idea and Supergirl is in the same timeslot as Gotham.

I'm surprised DC wouldn't have veto over that.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

What I don't understand about Supergirl is why didn't they just have her spaceship not 'get lost'? Then Clark would just be a baby and they wouldn't have this super awkward ban on referring to superman but not saying superman in the show. Heck, then it could have been on CW with the Arrowverse shows where it belongs.

Disapointing lineup this Fall other than Legends of Tomorrow. The only thing different sounding is that Bible show. I don't know if it sounds goood but at least it's trying something different.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because despite their aversion to saying his name, they want her being in Superman's shadow to be part of the show.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Because despite their aversion to saying his name, they want her being in Superman's shadow to be part of the show.

To be fair this isn't as likely to be as big of a problem as the entirety of Gotham being in Batmans shadow.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I don't think DC has that much actual control over those shows as their respective showrunners/studios do, compared to what I assume is Marvel having a heavy hand even in the Netflix series' departments.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DC seems to mainly control character access for Flash/Arrow and lets them do their own thing otherwise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW has moved up start dates for Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend one week to October 12th.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Lucifer pilot was "leaked" in 1080p. I rather liked it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

The Lucifer pilot was "leaked" in 1080p. I rather liked it.

Have you read the comic? If so, how does it compare?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Wow, a lot of pilots have leaked this year it seems

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

... that is incredibly dumb.

Like, I haven't been watching Gotham and am interested in Supergirl so this is no dilemma for me personally, but even if SG wins the time slot you're losing some potential audience share.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have not read the comic and completely forgot it was based on one until the closing credits.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

It's hard to tell, it seems like it's going to be mostly a detective show with Lucifer popping up to help the female cop. Ironically its the exact same premise as Minority Report, to the point where it seems like they had one script, and then bought the rights to Lucifer/Minority report and took the idea in two different directions.

Both have tough female detectives, both have a male partner/sidekick(who's essentially the focus of the show) with special powers that help her solve crimes, and a undercurrent of some grand mystery going on with the guy that they dance around with in the pilot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Who keeps casting Meagan Good? She's absolutely awful and drags down Minority Report, not that it's a good show otherwise. Lucifer has charm in droves; Minority Report is basically a worse version of Almost Human.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Who keeps casting Meagan Good? She's absolutely awful and drags down Minority Report, not that it's a good show otherwise. Lucifer has charm in droves; Minority Report has bad CGI.

One of them is sure to get cancelled, and my bet is on MR because it's clearly more expensive to produce then Lucifer.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Blindspot is aggressively mediocre. Jaimie Alexander is decent but spends most of the pilot playing PTSD, and her co-star is a poor man's Sam Worthington.

So far, I'd probably rank the leaked pilots:
Lucifer
Supergirl
Blindspot
Minority Report

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Blindspot is aggressively mediocre. Jaimie Alexander is decent but spends most of the pilot playing PTSD, and her co-star is a poor man's Sam Worthington.

So far, I'd probably rank the leaked pilots:
Lucifer
Supergirl
Blindspot
Minority Report

I strongly prefer Minority Report if only because the male lead, "Dash" has such a weird awkward way about him that the actor nails that makes him 1000x times more interesting then previous "damaged" geniuses like Monk or Sherlock. The actor takes the incredible awkwardness his character has and manages to translate it into an actual physical expression with his jerky motions and staggered speech patterns. He reminds me of the guy from Alphas, the autistic EM field expert who's actor completely loving delivered.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah, I was disappointed in how bland Sullivan Stapleton's character was, especially coming off being such a personality in Strike Back. His walking one-liner of a subordinate had more life to him. I want to chalk it up to trying to stuff too much story into the pilot, I really do.

Lucifer was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Tom Ellis is delightfully rakish, but I don't know how that will age with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pentyne posted:

I strongly prefer Minority Report if only because the male lead, "Dash" has such a weird awkward way about him that the actor nails that makes him 1000x times more interesting then previous "damaged" geniuses like Monk or Sherlock. The actor takes the incredible awkwardness his character has and manages to translate it into an actual physical expression with his jerky motions and staggered speech patterns. He reminds me of the guy from Alphas, the autistic EM field expert who's actor completely loving delivered.

I believe that's the same actor that was in Generation Kill, if so I remember liking him quite a bit in that and then never seeing him again in anything else.

• Locked thread