Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think these two are the Bachelorettes, but they might not be. I'm really excited. I've watched every season and I don't plan on stopping now - I'm a Bachelorette man :)

We can play Bachelorette drinking games together, like "watch the Bachelorette and drink."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Contestants seeking to win our fair maidens' hands include Ben H, Ben Z, Bradley, Brady, Corey, Cory, Josh, Joshua, Ryan B, Ryan M, Shawn B and Shawn E. You might think this is an irony thing but that is what these people are actually called.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 18, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

After vanquishing Britt in combat, Kaitlyn is the sole Bachelorette.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Wish they'd kept both women on the show. But I wouldn't be surprised if Britt re-appears later on.

It would also be more interesting IMO if there was more physical variance in the men, more reflective of the range in the general population.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Such a strange show.
"I wanted these untrained men to get in a boxing ring and fight each other but didn't expect anyone to get hurt"

Is Tony The Healer real or an actor playing a role? Every time he speaks it sounds like he's trying to sell his Spiritual Self-Improvement Weekend Seminar.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the boxing thing was the most entertaining group date in years. jared acquitted himself well then got knocked the gently caress out.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

straight up brolic posted:

the boxing thing was the most entertaining group date in years. jared acquitted himself well then got knocked the gently caress out.
In the first round of fights the men were matched up pretty well; in that bout Jared @ 175 lbs had no chance against the guy who was 225.

But what I found really strange is that 1. Amy Schumer is a huge fan of the show, and b. She really toned down her usual style of humour for mainstream, network tv. I think it's great that she has such a wide range of comic ability.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the sex ed thing was fairly hosed up

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Another insanely depraved episode of the Bachelorette, gently caress yeah

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:stare:

What the gently caress is with this weird villan bromance thing that's going on here? This show is awful, but for some reason it can be fun to watch.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Showing 2 hours per night is hard to sit through, my interest wanes during the second episode.

Any one check out unReal? It's a scripted show that provides a 'behind the scenes' view of a Bachelor-like show.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Unreal (or however you capitalize it) actually looks super fun, I wasn't expecting much but they really *went for it*.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

these dudes grilling nick is the funniest poo poo of all time.

"you called her a cool chick...is she a cool chick or is she an amazing woman?!?!"

the dude tanner saying 'we've all read the tabloids' when he's clearly the only one thats read the tabloids and comes off as mildly obsessed with the show.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

It's happening.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ian was on point about Kaitlyn. I'm surprised more of the remaining chumps don't leave...although I guess that now they have to wait for the flight back from Ireland.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Ian was on point about Kaitlyn. I'm surprised more of the remaining chumps don't leave...
not really. anyone could have said that about the previous bachelorettes. it's just a criticism that you could make of anyone and it plays into Ian's pseudointellectual bullshit where he thinks everyone else is a husk of a humans who couldn't possibly understand him. He's not loving smart, he's an executive recruiter.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

not really. anyone could have said that about the previous bachelorettes. it's just a criticism that you could make of anyone and it plays into Ian's pseudointellectual bullshit where he thinks everyone else is a husk of a humans who couldn't possibly understand him. He's not loving smart, he's an executive recruiter.

Someone I know clued me in on this happening and told me to watch it because they thought I'd find it hilarious and holy poo poo Ian is the biggest douchebag I think I've ever seen. I mean okay, some people can be shallow obviously, but you could say that about almost anyone in the vacuum of a reality show but trying to be super deep pseudo-intellectual all the time doesn't make you smart or better than anyone, it makes you a one-dimensional douchebag. If you have to constantly flaunt your education to show just how above "silly" things you are, you've got problems.

Also I'm sure this was reality show editing but him being all "I'M A DEEP THINKER, I'M ABOVE FART AND POOP AND SEX JOKES!" going immediately into, and I believe this is a direct quote, "Phew, I need some sex." I howled with laughter. gently caress that guy. I realize he's probably an actor or playing a gimmick or something but goddamn. And the thing is I would think it was impossible for a guy like that to exist, but I actually know some people like him.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ian was an incredible hypocrite. He goes right from "You're shallow and only interested in making out" straight to "I would make a good Bachelor chicks would come out of the woodwork to be with someone deep like me. I need to get laid."

Nice. Way to undermine your argument there buddy.

This show seems to be putting a lot of effort into making Kaitlyn feel bad for loving Nick. The Bachelorette, a show with an entire episode devoted to sleeping with three different dudes in three days. But GOD FORBID you sleep with someone before the designated time!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ian seemed like he was an OK guy initially, but drat did he reveal himself to be a loving chode in his interview time. gently caress that dude, I liked him up until the last couple episodes.

Now as for tonight, with Kaitlyn loving Nick, good grief. Nothing at all wrong with a Bachelor or Bachelorette getting laid before the Fantasy Suite, no slut-shaming here. But dang, if I were one of the other dudes on the show I would be pretty upset if I found out. She brings that sleazy Nick guy in late and then just shows over and over again that she's way more into him than anybody else. I'd be out of there, let her have that creepy fucker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they want to make this interesting they should rig it so the same dude wins both girls at the end. That's how this works right?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
I am loving how there's a whole parallel mini-bachelorette plot going on just in the credits. Hilarious.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

Ian seemed like he was an OK guy initially, but drat did he reveal himself to be a loving chode in his interview time. gently caress that dude, I liked him up until the last couple episodes.

Now as for tonight, with Kaitlyn loving Nick, good grief. Nothing at all wrong with a Bachelor or Bachelorette getting laid before the Fantasy Suite, no slut-shaming here. But dang, if I were one of the other dudes on the show I would be pretty upset if I found out. She brings that sleazy Nick guy in late and then just shows over and over again that she's way more into him than anybody else. I'd be out of there, let her have that creepy fucker.

Initially I agreed with you, that some of the men would be upset and want to leave (except they're in Ireland and can't just hop in a cab and go home). But now I'm thinking that Shawn (and maybe Jared) is the only one who is upset and the others are just continuing in this for the free vacation.
After all this time they must know they don't have a chance with her. And let's face it Kaitlyn isn't some fantastic prize to be won. She has some weird mannerisms in her speech and sense of humour, and doesn't seem to be able to hold a conversation about anything but her own feelings. :yawn:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

How are u posted:

in the next episode on the dentist chris looks like he's so upset that he's about to hurl himself off the rocks into the ocean

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Factor Mystic posted:

I am loving how there's a whole parallel mini-bachelorette plot going on just in the credits. Hilarious.

It's great. I wanted to ask for an official thread title change before I realized, no, there are still Two Bachelorettes.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
For a woman with 5 boyfriends and an all-expenses-paid trip to Ireland, Kaitlyn sure cries a lot.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Shawn constantly referring to Nick as 'the other guy' is the best/worst thing about this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Really disappointed that the Britt credits subplot didn't result in her getting married while Kaitlyn makes increasingly poor choices and eventually gives up, alone. I guess there's still time...

• Locked thread