Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When I go home to Florida in a week I plan on taking Monty to the beach. Will report back.

Right now what I can tell you is that he hates taking a bath. He doesn't fight it at all, but he sits there and stares at me like I'm the biggest piece of poo poo in the world.

You guys with pups that enjoy water, how does that correlate with giving them a bath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Cole posted:

You guys with pups that enjoy water, how does that correlate with giving them a bath?

Grew up with a standard poodle mix. We rarely took him swimming but would rocket to a body of water when given the chance. A true water-lovin' dogge. He even had webbed toes!

Baths were akin to a death sentence to him. He wouldn't flip out, but he'd run away and try to scamper his 35-pound rear end into someone's arms whenever it was bath time. Mom would sternly look at him and point her finger with a straight arm towards the bathroom door, then he would sulk and walk to the bathroom slowly with his head hanging low. Like six hours later he would reach the tub, and reluctantly get inside and stand perfectly still with his head down while he was getting washed.

After bath time, though? He'd go full loving retard and run around the house for an hour at top speed and knock poo poo off the coffee table and tackle my balls over and over again.

God loving dammit he was a good rear end dog.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

dogges after baths are hilarious. Our cockerspaniel would run straight to the dirt or grass if she could break away to scratch her back.

I loving love labs and golden retrievers. Bit big though. If it's a mix with a smaller dog I'd be down

Honestly imo labs are the best overall Dogge

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 25, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The only dogs I know who can't generally go in water are Bulldogs

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

goes without saying because they can hardly breathe when submerged in air

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Look at spaniels. I had a Springer growing up that we had to put on a leash to go out in the back yard if we needed her to stay out of the pool.

Hated baths. In fact I have never seen a dog that didn't. It's like how they will stick there head out of a car window at 60mph but if you blow on their nose they look like you have just beat them.

Also there are guides out there that help you train a dog to play in water.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

It seems like a lot of Great Danes aren't fans either. Mine won't even go for a walk if it's raining out. Should it happen to star raining when we are out for a walk, she will stop, shake, then look at me like it's my fault.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Genocide Tendency posted:

Hated baths. In fact I have never seen a dog that didn't. It's like how they will stick there head out of a car window at 60mph but if you blow on their nose they look like you have just beat them.

They stick their nose out the window so they can smell everything that's going on as they drive by. When you blow on their nose, you're just blasting them with you-breath.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

:golfclap:

No but slumber parties are totally chill. I even have a gigantic 10x10 lovesac. :sissies:

All dogges invited then we can have a beach party for first annual 2k15GIP dogge meet

I hope I get one of those dogges that absolutely loves the water. Seems 50/50 hit or miss I mean is there really an inbetween?

Another vote for a lab or retriever for pro-water dogge action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygiotbiJR2Y

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

prefect posted:

They stick their nose out the window so they can smell everything that's going on as they drive by. When you blow on their nose, you're just blasting them with you-breath.

And much like a bath vs a lake.

They are playing when it's a lake/pool/beach. When you are bathing them you are washing off their favorite thing, dog smell. It's why they bolt for dirt right after.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
My dog hates the water unless he can reach the bottom. Loved playing in the shallow end of a lake or at the beach but would bolt for shore the moment he lost touch with the bottom.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Peaceful dogges with their eyes closed

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Soccer used to love baths until a mail lady, who wasn't paying attention to anything, walked by us and got surprised and pepper sprayed him, on his leach. I gave him a bath to try to clean it off and ever since then he has hated baths. :argh:

Also N4Dicks, why does wherever you live hates dogges?

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 25, 2015

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Wow that mail lady was a dumb bitch. Doggy disdain for mailpersons is justified!

My dogge's breed is incredibly hydrophobic. She doesn't even like walking on wet grass.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3eStraqCc

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pro click. Good dogges.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

dogges after baths are hilarious.

concur

https://youtu.be/Amb140nfzMg

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Pro click. Good dogges.

not pictured: unpaid HuffPo blog interns poking dogs in the eyes before each photo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

at the date posted:

not pictured: unpaid HuffPo blog interns poking dogs in the eyes before each photo

:ohdear:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

A Nepali festival to thank dogs for their friendship and loyalty

Good dogges with good people.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

those GSDs are clearly high as gently caress

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Anita Dickinme posted:

Soccer used to love baths until a mail lady, who wasn't paying attention to anything, walked by us and got surprised and pepper sprayed him, on his leach. I gave him a bath to try to clean it off and ever since then he has hated baths. :argh:

Hopefully you now know the correct way to wash off pepperspray.

Did the dog lunge or do anything at all other than be a dog? I don't know how I'd have handled that, but it wouldn't have been polite.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also there are guides out there that help you train a dog to play in water.

Shoot I need one to train my dogge to ride on amotorcycle

Anita Dickinme posted:

Dude, I don't know. It's really tough though. Which is odd because this is like the most dog friendly place and the area in particular I'm moving to is even more dogge friendly. The most I've ever seen for a place. Water bowls in every business etc.

Finding a place that allows dogges cut the options down by like 1/5th and even then most have a lot of stipulations. Not to mention dogge tax that some places do instead of a pet deposit

If you have an aggressive breed especially a pit or boxer you have to get a house.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
"Aggressive" breed restrictions are some commie BS. Only dogs that ever bit me fit in a purse.

Any dogge ownership limitations are a crime against God and nature.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Paradise Lost posted:

Any dogge ownership limitations are a crime against God and nature.

Especially when you consider man would be so much further behind without dogs to protect our food sources from animals and thieves. Also with them helping us hunt whether it be retrieval or the actual killing of the animal. Societal hierarchy should be as following:

1. People
2. Dogs
3. Everything else including animals that will kill you without hesitation
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Societal hierarchy should be as following:

1. People
2. Dogs
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Especially when you consider man would be so much further behind without dogs to protect our food sources from animals and thieves. Also with them helping us hunt whether it be retrieval or the actual killing of the animal. Societal hierarchy should be as following:

1. People
2. Dogs
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

1. People
2. Dogs
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

swap 1 and 2 and ya i agree

think about it, ISIS is being some crazy fuckers, but let those fuckers start offing some dogs. it'll be an entirely different kind of angry from me.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cole posted:

think about it, ISIS is being some crazy fuckers, but let those fuckers start offing some dogs. it'll be an entirely different kind of angry from me.

Might as well just start lobbing nukes at that point.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I got to pet more dogges at work :3:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
pette those fukken dogges :3:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Cole posted:

I thought isis hated dogs

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cole posted:

Dogs are seen as unclean in Islam, its a pro cat religion.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

echomadman posted:

Another strike against the moon people and their moon god

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

echomadman posted:

Something tells me if it was a dogge sleeping on Mohamed sleeve, he would have done the same and Islam would have been a pro-dogge religion. Alas it was a catte.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Another strike against the moon people and their moon god

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

best co-pilot

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lucky you. Maggie won't ride in my truck unless she is firmly seated(or standing) on my lap.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hey, Roscoe! Any plans for the weekend?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

A friend of mine has been posting too many good photos of her dogge for me not to share with you. His name is Atticus, and he's a pit mix:

I wanna pette that dogge so much.