Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Last Chance posted:

Did anyone else make it through the fourth season with the carnival dude and the deaf lady who could make energy with her violin or something? I made it through, but can't for the life of me remember a single drat thing that happened aside from the things mentioned in this post.
I made it maybe 6 episodes. After reading the description of how that storyline continued, I don't regret it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Then the series ended with Claire demonstrating her power live on nationwide TV.

Can't wait for the inevitable retcon on that! :haw:

"It sure is a good thing we found that guy with the power to make billions of people forget one specific thing, eh?!"

Of all the Petrellis to return, I'm a bit disappointed we won't get Nathan though.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Astroman posted:

"It sure is a good thing we found that guy with the power to make billions of people forget one specific thing, eh?!"

Of all the Petrellis to return, I'm a bit disappointed we won't get Nathan though.

I thought the new series was a Reboot? In which case, no retcon necessary.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Astroman posted:

The Haitian makes his TV debut

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Heroes wishes it had a character as cool as Doctor Strange.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
honestly the Carnival season was probably the second best season of the show.

At least then it went full loving comic books. Rather than the Strike damaged second season, and the God Awful 3rd season.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
You know that this entire season is going to be about saving the cheerleader again, right? All of the characters will have to unite against the government who put Clair in Gitmo After she displayed her powers.

They'll keep hinting at bringing her back and talking about Sylar, but neither of them will show up.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Apparently NBC showed a trailer at their upfront last month, and from what it sounds like, it'll be a continuation of the previous series.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

quote:

Noah (the returning Jack Coleman), insists he is a simple paper salesman, even as a stranger tries to convince him he’s needed and can help – and in an amusing “call to action” moment, he is given a manila envelope and opens it to find a pair of horn rimmed glasses inside.

stop my sides i cant

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Brock Samson posted:

stop my sides i cant

It's a parody of itself in the saddest way possible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Brock Samson posted:

stop my sides i cant
That's so bad it's amazing.

And I guess they are already revealing that Claire gets killed sometime after she posts that video online.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How? They already showed that pretty much nothing can actually kill her. Maybe being burned to ash but other than that she'd just regenerate.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Was anybody asking for this at all? I've never seen anyone who liked Heroes enough to want it back. Of all the things to drudge up they choose Heroes? Why not bring back Bionic Woman and The Cape while you're at it? This seems like a 30 Rock plot wher Jack see how much money the Avengers made and makes Kenneth dig through the NBC archives to find anything super hero related.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

How? They already showed that pretty much nothing can actually kill her. Maybe being burned to ash but other than that she'd just regenerate.
And when he looked at her brain, Sylar said she literally couldn't die.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Was anybody asking for this at all? I've never seen anyone who liked Heroes enough to want it back. Of all the things to drudge up they choose Heroes? Why not bring back Bionic Woman and The Cape while you're at it? This seems like a 30 Rock plot wher Jack see how much money the Avengers made and makes Kenneth dig through the NBC archives to find anything super hero related.
The Cape was a way better show, they should have gone with that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I would legit watch more of the Bionic Woman rebot over Heroes. Also the mid-2000s Flash Gordon.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I would legit watch more of the Bionic Woman rebot over Heroes. Also the mid-2000s Flash Gordon.

This is a good post. So how many Ali Larter clones this season. 2? 3?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Honestly it seems like a cynical cash grab/desperate attempt to regain past glory, executed in the worst way possible. From the sounds of that trailer it's like, years after you thought the world's worst show was finally dead, it's suddenly shambling back to life in a last-ditch effort to make something more dubious than its third season was.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Honestly it seems like a cynical cash grab/desperate attempt to regain past glory, executed in the worst way possible. From the sounds of that trailer it's like, years after you thought the world's worst show was finally dead, it's suddenly shambling back to life in a last-ditch effort to make something more dubious than its third season was.

Save the show, save the world...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why not just bring back the superior superpower show? :sigh:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Okay so our list of nonreturners now sits at:

Ando (James Kyson): Check out his IMDb, this guy's currently got 11 different shows about to come out that he's worked in which are currently in post production or production.

I like when JJ Abrams was casting his first Star Trek movie, the Ando actor was up for the role of Sulu, but they didn't want to take two actors away from Heroes. Hard to think that was once something that concerned people.

Actually I think Greg Gruneberg was in a deleted scene in the 2009 Trek movie, too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I like when JJ Abrams was casting his first Star Trek movie, the Ando actor was up for the role of Sulu, but they didn't want to take two actors away from Heroes. Hard to think that was once something that concerned people.

Actually I think Greg Gruneberg was in a deleted scene in the 2009 Trek movie, too.
He was Kirk's stepfather. You can hear his voice at one point when Kirk takes his car for a joyride.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Chairman Capone posted:

It's hard to remember given how quickly it crashed and burned but early on in the first season Heroes had massive ratings and good buzz.

I don't think that's going to happen again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I dont know posted:

It's hard to remember given how quickly it crashed and burned but early on in the first season Heroes had massive ratings and good buzz.

I don't think that's going to happen again.

Heroes ratings didn't really crash until the third season. The highest ratings were right around the start of the second season (the strike season).

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love that it died and then returned for what is seemingly going to be another agonising death due to the exact same reasons that killed it before. Its the TNA of TV dramas.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gorn Myson posted:

I love that it died and then returned for what is seemingly going to be another agonising death due to the exact same reasons that killed it before. Its the TNA of TV dramas.

Total Nonstop Ando

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Total Nonstop Ando
(Ando Not Included)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Astroman posted:

Why not just bring back the superior superpower show? :sigh:

You mean Misfits with its original cast and Rudy?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

It's Heroes, they will come up with something stupid.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not even an immortal can escape high cholesterol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

It's Heroes, they will come up with something stupid.

Maybe they'll just leave her stranded in an alternate timeline..

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Misfits with its original cast and Rudy?

Why not a crossover?

British police find fifty bodies buried under a bridge, Dr. Rosen suspects fouls play may be involved. He sends the team to jolly old England to investigate.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Why not a crossover?

British police find fifty bodies buried under a bridge, Dr. Rosen suspects fouls play may be involved. He sends the team to jolly old England to investigate.

The cast would be pretty easy to get outside of Barry doing Game of Thrones and Kelly committing hate crimes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
New promo out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5fpSgDf5s

The answer is, of course, "Who cares?"

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I do, but probably not for the reasons they expect me to.

"where are the heroes" lol

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Glad to see the tone they're taking is "ridiculous, vaguely exploitative melodrama". That's sure to win the public back!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHClJhC8Wfs&hd=1

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is the answer "We canceled it" ?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Maybe they went Galt.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

The only way this could be any good is if they bring back all the old characters and 3 episodes in or something they all get killed off and the rest of the show is just new characters doing poo poo.

Bonus points if Hiro does the killing because Time Travel Reasons. Then kills himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Tarquinn posted:

Well, at least they bring the best character back.

This is actually where Heroes really shined for me and why the constantly shifting and dropping plots was so infuriating. I really dig so many of the character concepts. Noah was great, but Heroes had some rather interesting superhero characters just by virtue of their powers or circumstances. Off the top of my head I would say that Claude and Ted were the most compelling characters of the first season, totally dropped. You also have characters like Adam Monroe who were neat ideas that got totally run into the ground or mishandled.

There are even plenty of characters whose role I barely remember but I can distinctly recall wishing we had more of them, like Malcolm McDowell as the healing guy and Stephen Tobolowsky's role. I remember disliking the carnival subplot but actually finding the main earthbending guy rather well-imagined. But "grab bag of cool ideas" is certainly not enough to maintain a series.

They could have milked most of the scenarios for a lot more character drama but instead it seemed like there was always a need to ratchet up the stakes and throw in more twists and move on to newfound exposition.

• Locked thread