Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Who would you even want to keep on the Lakers besides Clarkson, Randle, and maybe Black? Only Randle has even a starter ceiling on a future championship team, so why not ship them all out for Cousins if you get the chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tatankatonk posted:

Who would you even want to keep on the Lakers besides Clarkson, Randle, and maybe Black? Only Randle has even a starter ceiling on a future championship team, so why not ship them all out for Cousins if you get the chance

Red Sox Prospect Syndrome

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I understand having an emotional investment in the rebuild (remember this is new to us Lakers fans) but Cousins is too good.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

tatankatonk posted:

Spoeank posted:

DeMarcus is DeMarcus, but the #2 pick could be anything, it could even be DeMarcus!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I understand having an emotional investment in the rebuild (remember this is new to us Lakers fans) but Cousins is too good.

The only reason I wouldn't make the trade is because I don't believe in the ability to bring in star free-agents to a team that is just Cousins, Nick Young and 11 d-leaguers. In general, I just don't believe that building through free-agency is a reliable way to build a contender

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
In the NBA, you need an all star who can get his own shot more than anything else. Putting a credible team around Boogie with depleted picks/prospects is much easier than finding a player as good as Boogie (see all the competent teams like the Hawks, pre-Harden Rockets and so on that get absolutely no interest from big time free agents)

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I think OKC is either drafting Payne or trading their pick. Sounds like Oubre, Dekkar et al. are not on their radar at 14. And since it sounds like Indy is locked on Payne@11, congrats to the Spurs for getting whatever midteens player they're after I guess.

Of course, Presti could pump fake me yet again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

you don't understand they'd have to just absolutely GUT the lakers to get him

The only starter on the entire team is Randle. (kobe no longer exists)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

The only reason I wouldn't make the trade is because I don't believe in the ability to bring in star free-agents to a team that is just Cousins, Nick Young and 11 d-leaguers. In general, I just don't believe that building through free-agency is a reliable way to build a contender

I actually have the same worry, especially since the Lakers won't have a pick the next two years if they have Cousins. But the Lakers have so much money the next couple years that they can surround Cousins with role players if the home run free agents are off the market, I'd hope.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Glumslinger posted:

Lakers don't exactly have more picks to trade away

That's not true. They aren't good picks but the Lakers have some. Anyway, I meant that "it's okay to trade the future for Boogie" because it's loving Boogie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And Randle is a guy who has never played in the NBA so who knows about him.

(I know he played a bit.)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's also a weird player and whether or not he makes it in the NBA is absolutely still up in the air.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

euphronius posted:

And Randle is a guy who has never played in the NBA so who knows about him.

(I know he played a bit.)

Literally 14 minutes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kiimo posted:

The only starter on the entire team is Randle. (kobe no longer exists)

Clarkson is a starter. He might not be a star but he was better than the average league starting point guard post all star break.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'd be a good third guard, backing up both the 1 and 2.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So the premise is that players always want to sign in LA, unless they don't have Clarkson and Randall but do have Boogie.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

I think OKC is either drafting Payne or trading their pick. Sounds like Oubre, Dekkar et al. are not on their radar at 14. And since it sounds like Indy is locked on Payne@11, congrats to the Spurs for getting whatever midteens player they're after I guess.

Of course, Presti could pump fake me yet again.

The pump fake is real

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I forgot that tons of players are going to want to come to LA with their current core plus Okafor....

Part of Laker logic is that free agents will want to come if the money is there. The idea that Cousins would some how gently caress with this , or that FAs would rather play with Randle and Okafor is insane.

You do everything you can to get a player like Cousins. All other problems become easier when you get a top 10/15 player on a sweet contract in a popular city.

Can't believe this is even a discussion

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

jimcunningham posted:

What's the difference between Olynyk and Kaminsky?

A foot of hair?

It will never stop being funny to me that a guy who went to school in the loving 'Loops made the NBA.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Can't you just let us be late 2000s Blazers fan and overrate our young players?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
yeah, when did Julius Randle become untouchable?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

So the premise is that players always want to sign in LA, unless they don't have Clarkson and Randall but do have Boogie.

The premise is that team is bad enough to keep a draft pick over the next two years and not HAVE to hope free agency works out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Can't you just let us be late 2000s Blazers fan and overrate our young players?

I really really wanna do this because I've never been a part of a rebuild before.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

you don't understand they'd have to just absolutely GUT the lakers to get him

God forbid you gut a 21 win team.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
do NBA fans not recognize sarcasm anymore i figured i was laying it on pretty thick

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

do NBA fans not recognize sarcasm anymore i figured i was laying it on pretty thick

Too many serious Lakers fans in the wild

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

if its a big deal they should radically reconsider their life decisions tbh

it's no different than not wanting to be spoiled on Game of Thrones or whatever :shrug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not enough for Lakers fan, real talk.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

it's no different than not wanting to be spoiled on Game of Thrones or whatever :shrug:

It's closer to not wanting to be spoiled about a concert setlist

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 25, 2015

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Allegedly, Phil's in love with Kaminsky :xd:

edit: And Justise, who spent hours together in the film room discussing the triangle. gently caress me

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

PLEASE click this

http://streamable.com/rf3i?t=6.7

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Im officially hype

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone with insider post Chad Ford's big board?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NickRoweFillea posted:

Can someone with insider post Chad Ford's big board?

Towns
Russell
Okafor
Porzingis
Mudiay
Hezonja
Winslow
WCS
Booker
Johnson
Payne
Lyles
Turner
Dekker
Kaminsky
Oubre
Harrell
Portis
Grant
Rondae
Looney
Vaughn
Rozier
Hunter
Anderson
Jones
Wright
Martin
McCullough
Wood

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Johnson has to be over Booker, but everything else is perfect unless the WCS health stuff is real

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I hope the server doesn't die during the draft

I'm gonna miss all of you guys when the forums go down for good :(

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Let the sickle cells FLOW --Me, as I inject Willie with a blood thinner of my own devisment, which plugs the sickle shape with a smooth goldish plug of synthetic matter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IcePhoenix posted:

please explain why hearing the ever charismatic Adam Silver read the name is a markedly different experience than reading it from Woj like two minutes earlier

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

please explain why hearing the ever charismatic Adam Silver read the name is a markedly different experience than reading it from Woj like two minutes earlier

It's not very complicated. The TV show is structured around the build up of tension before a pick, and the release of that tension as the pick is finally read. When you know the picks beforehand, there's no tension, and the words the talking heads say lose meaning.

People watch the show to learn the picks, but also to be entertained by the show itself and its dramatic reveals of trades and selections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Breaking:

• Locked thread