Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I will be camping this weekend, almost to Canada! I will likely be scarce :sun:

I'm excited for this game~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Scum PM confirmed.

I mean, I didn't get a PM. That's what I said, right?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm a confused dumb dumb, I guess I'm town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I will be camping this weekend, almost to Canada! I will likely be scarce :sun:

I'm excited for this game~

Camping is cool, so is being near but not in canada

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not as cool as being in Canada, mind you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
SHAME ZONE:
Little Mac
GUISEPPE PIZZAPIE

GET YOUR ROLE SELECTIONS IN YOU ARE HOLDING UP THE GAME

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Everyone has the authority to OOT tell these two players to get their picks in.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was under the impression you were to contact us. I'm confused on how this works.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Me too honestly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I preloaded my stuff at the start but I guess it doesn't work that way or something. ~_~

oxidation
May 22, 2011
If you're mafia, you were sent a PM.
If you weren't mafia, he never PMed you, but you still need to PM him your class pick and your secret role guesses.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

oneshotbp is 9 letters. That should have been my guess.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
DIQNOL COME ON I WANT TO KILL PEOPLE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have all the roles!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sc4rs posted:

Alright, everyone's in. Let's get this show on the road!

PMs/IMs being sent out about scumbuddies and role-getting. Don't bother confirming in-thread, just let me know if you didn't get something.

- It was a day like any other in the haunted mansion by the old main road through Somethingawfulville, where spirits from WIFOA 1 still roamed the halls. The sun was shining, ghosts were rattling the cabinets, and a game of Mafia was going on, just for old times' sake. Unfortunately for two of the participants, the game suddenly became harsh reality.

Trajanmax, Unguessed Super Power Role (also would have accepted "Bombmaker" or "Minelayer") has died Night 0
Voodoofly, Unguessed Super Power Role (also would have accepted "Draft Seer" or "Roles Seer") has died Night 0

(by the way for those of you wondering, Trajanmax's role would have made any target a bomb for the night and the next day, and Voodoofly's role would have been told what every person picked in the draft)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
All roles have been delivered. If you did not receive your role, you are the Vanilla version of your alignment. I will send out scum PMs right now telling you who your scum buddies are. You may begin scumming OOT immediately.

Day 1 will start in five minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
SCUM TEAM DISTRIBUTED

ROLES DISTRIBUTED

RETICULATING SPLINES

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Day 1 now starts. You may roleplay as any political person in the world. When you die, you may PM me the name of your favorite politician, and I will flip your flavor as that politician. Flavor from here on out will reflect politics.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Would anyone like to exchange long protein strings?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's get this party started

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you can resolve the votefinder broken vote and post a votecount with the deadline, I will give you a boon.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

If you can resolve the votefinder broken vote and post a votecount with the deadline, I will give you a boon.

Makesure votefinder isn't listed as alive, make sure they are set to spectator on the votefinder website.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hmm, needs more work.

##vote birdstrike for not being able to fix vote finder yet

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

You are all scum!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

You are all scum!

yeah but being scum is alignment-neutral

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
okay so this is pretty cool. we know that if we didn't get the role we picked, that someone above us in the draft list has that role. also, the rolecop gets a little bit of extra info if they pick someone who didn't get their drafted role; they know that the person who has that role is higher on the draft list than their rolecop target. hopefully the rolecop is town.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

There's something a little funny about that. If Rolecop hits a vanilla, all he knows is that SOMEONE has that role. Not necessarily which role, but that someone else took that role. It really doesn't tell them that much unless they hit, like, the second person in draft.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

If any of y'all motherfuckers thinks you can run with Clay Davis, I'ma have to sick Brother Mouzone on yo rear end.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (14): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 29th, 2015 at 1:59 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

:homebrew:?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (14): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 29th, 2015 at 1:59 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

:homebrew:?

someone is missing

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

someone is missing

oh or there are 14 players

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Merk if it isn't too much trouble could you put the draft order in the OP at some point?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirming.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

There's something a little funny about that. If Rolecop hits a vanilla, all he knows is that SOMEONE has that role. Not necessarily which role, but that someone else took that role. It really doesn't tell them that much unless they hit, like, the second person in draft.

nah i think it's more powerful than you're giving it credit for, especially as people die and flip roles that aren't the one they copped for. it's definitely a power that gets more powerful the fewer people there are tho.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

okay so this is pretty cool. we know that if we didn't get the role we picked, that someone above us in the draft list has that role. also, the rolecop gets a little bit of extra info if they pick someone who didn't get their drafted role; they know that the person who has that role is higher on the draft list than their rolecop target. hopefully the rolecop is town.

I'm not sure I follow... if you rolecop like the 7th person on the list and you get VANILLA then you know... what? I mean if you know what they were trying to get, then that is helpful, but otherwise it doesn't tell you a drat thing.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

His followup made more sense. I agree it gives a lot of information in smaller numbers, and yes, I hope to heaven and back that the rolecop is town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not sure I follow... if you rolecop like the 7th person on the list and you get VANILLA then you know... what? I mean if you know what they were trying to get, then that is helpful, but otherwise it doesn't tell you a drat thing.

merk posted:

Rolecop: You are a rolecop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. The role they chose in the draft will be revealed to you, AS WELL AS whether or not they got it.

So if you Rolecop 7 and get VANILLA, VIGILANTE, you will know that the vigilante is one of 1-6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OmegaGoo posted:

His followup made more sense. I agree it gives a lot of information in smaller numbers, and yes, I hope to heaven and back that the rolecop is town.

I guess. I mean scum don't really have to lie about their roles though. They can just as easily pick cop or doc or whatever and none of the roles in the game are especially scum-oriented or traditional scum roles. Not saying rolecop is not useful, but I don't think it's as powerful as you/EXAKT are making it out to be.

• Locked thread