Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lady's melee is pretty good you just gotta air the use attacks to cover gaps inbetween charging and where your weapon's style attacks are too risky

they have decent range, float you and insane hitstun and launch enemies so you get some pretty silly lookin poo poo with em

you can also jump cancel the first two swings of her ground combo and iirc you can cancel the spinny attack with charged shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

How's the PC port for the SE?

Fairly poor; it doesn't scale decently like the original did. If you have strong enough hardware it's fine, though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Bayonets not bad for style on a vulnerable enemy. You use it while you wait for lvl 3 shotgun to charge.

Lady and Trish are really brain dead lol.

I need to rearrange the controls for Vergil and adjust them for Nero. Having lock on and gun on r1 and r2 respectively is loving up my hand.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That said any advice for Trish against Blitz? I'm trying figure out a quick way to break the shield besides her guns. Which isn't quick at all. Pandora isn't doing much and committing 3 DT for the laser seems wasteful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh my God why didn't I bother with the shotgun before lol.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Lady is practically Doomguy with boobs. Shotgun supremacy, mix in some pistols if the target's too far or you're not getting Style points for shotgun spam.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really disappointed that Trish takes damage from lightning based attacks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And trivialize one of the harder enemies in the game with no effort? Come on thats not the DMC way.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I never used Gilgamesh much outside of DRI for bosses, did charging Real Impact lower Dante's hitbox enough that Bianco Angelos couldn't hit him at all like Vergil's charge does? Because I love that it just neuters them, neither the spear nor shield bash connect at all.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Dragon Upper also goes low enough to avoid certain attacks

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Pureauthor posted:

How's the PC port for the SE?
Great. Even if you have older hardware it'll run fine since it's still mostly a 7 year old game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone got some tips on dealing with Blitzes as Trish? I just fought my first couple, and I don't feel like I've figured out how to deal as much damage as quickly as I need to to get clean kills on the fuckers with her.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I forgot how much Dante sucks in the first level or so you get to use him in. It's a real drag.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How's vergils story

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Vergil went to Fortuna once when he was younger. That's the extend of his story.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

He also sighed as he unsheathed his Katana, styled all over a bunch of scarecrows, and probably banged some lady with no visible eyes. That's about it.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 26, 2015

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

He also sighed as he unsheathed his Katana, styled all over a bunch of scarecrows, and probably banged some lady with no visible eyes. That's about it.

And that, Nero, is the magical story of your birth.

SE lets your move exceed off left trigger which is better than every single change made to DmC re-release combined.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Barudak posted:

SE lets your move exceed off left trigger which is better than every single change made to DmC re-release combined.

...Where do you put exceed, if not there? I always thought that was a pretty good spot for it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe swap it with devil trigger if you don't like the travel on the triggers since EX-ACT has really narrow timing? I managed to pull it off fairly consistently after some practice but it's probably easier that way.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Barudak posted:

Did the PS3/360 versions not have customizable controls or something? You've definitely always been able to remap your Gamepad buttons on PC.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
The 360 version absolutely had remappable controls, so I'm sure the PS3 did too. Nero would be impossible to play well without remapping shoot.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Trish seems easy to use in concept, but I can't seem to figure her out yet, especially against Blitz. Any general tips?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
mash your lovely handguns and cry that everything about dmc4 is so bad and unfinished

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Did the PS3/360 versions not have customizable controls or something? You've definitely always been able to remap your Gamepad buttons on PC.

Yeah but exceed had to be on one of the triggers because it was an analog input.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
How do I cheat the dice game with Lady? I tried all kinds of different attacks but the results seem random.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

notZaar posted:

Yeah but exceed had to be on one of the triggers because it was an analog input.

Yep, exactly this.

Exceed also just sucks for me until you get max-act

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

notZaar posted:

How do I cheat the dice game with Lady? I tried all kinds of different attacks but the results seem random.

first hit of her melee attack should do the trick

i should probably try out trish vs bolts against because i'm pretty sure her answer is just 'dt->gun' or using the dart rockets bc her version is insanely fast

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
I just started playing the Special Edition and they changed the "Speed" ability to kick in almost immediately while moving. :allears: This is the best.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun posted:

i should probably try out trish vs bolts against because i'm pretty sure her answer is just 'dt->gun' or using the dart rockets bc her version is insanely fast

tested it out, yep you can shred their armor really quickly with jump-> pandora rockets and then from there on out you just do your big move crap for mega damage
when they power up just DT and hammer them with bullets and they'll die real fast

probably gonna end up experimenting a lot with the air rockets cuz poo poo like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQA_GAh9Mw&t=12s is wild

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 26, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

AccountingNightmare posted:

I just started playing the Special Edition and they changed the "Speed" ability to kick in almost immediately while moving. :allears: This is the best.

I thought that felt different, it's a welcomed change.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

still have to buy it though for some reason?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Got the re-release for the Vergil I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fereydun posted:

probably gonna end up experimenting a lot with the air rockets cuz poo poo like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQA_GAh9Mw&t=12s is wild
Wait Trish gets pandora? :stare:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Zedd posted:

Wait Trish gets pandora? :stare:

She starts with it. You have to buy her Pandora moves, though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Trish gets a couple of cool Pandora moves including an upgraded version of the laser, but it costs DT meter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please let us know when you beat Bloody Palace Dante without taking a hit. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does the US Version of the DMC4SE opening have Drink It Down because I got my Pizza Box in and I am losing my mind right now at this OP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, you just tear through Bael like butter with Vergil.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It was extremely cathartic tearing that frog apart in half a minute after years of chasing him and his antennae around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The new characters are all brutally powerful but in really fun ways. They're not quite on par with Dante but they're about as fun as Nero.

Lady's rocket at full charge is so absurdly absurdly satisfying.

• Locked thread