Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

saviro posted:

If Altars of Madness is not your favorite you're doing it wrong.

I like it, it just doesn't have the same weirdness as Nothing is Not or Invocation of the Continual One (which I know consists of older music, but still.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After last nights show I have a HEADS UP...

Black Breath is a good band esp. if you like Entombed.

Ok, thats my story.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vintersorg posted:

After last nights show I have a HEADS UP...

Black Breath is a good band esp. if you like Entombed.

Ok, thats my story.

How did you not know this already?

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Caught Celeste and Primitive Man in Raleigh last night. The guys in Celeste, being french, were annoyed that the lovely little bar didn't have wine. They turned off all the lights and wore red headlamps and even put a blanket over the ATM due to the light, but they were tight and created a good atmosphere. They looked like the borg which is certainly unique I guess:

Then Primitive Man came on and holy gently caress that's the heaviest show I've ever been to, the drummer is out of his mind. My ears hurt today despite sennheiser plugs. Absolutely crushing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spanish Manlove posted:

How did you not know this already?

I guess I dont have my finger on the pulse.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I caught that Celeste/PM show + Northless in Milwaukee and yeah PM's drummer is nuuuuts

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Dick Boat posted:

Holy poo poo.

yeah, i got some of the early bird tickets. loving stoked to see... well everyone.

Also Putrid Pile is a one man brutal death metal band and I'm going to treat it like stand-up comedy.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah, i got some of the early bird tickets. loving stoked to see... well everyone.

Also Putrid Pile is a one man brutal death metal band and I'm going to treat it like stand-up comedy.

what, does he play kicks/drums with his feet then do guitar and sing too?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I've seen Putrid Pile like 7 or 8 years ago at a small show with at most 25 people in attendance including the other bands. It's just dude with his guitar and a mic and drum machine. Fuckin awesome.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Cobra Commander posted:

I've seen Putrid Pile like 7 or 8 years ago at a small show with at most 25 people in attendance including the other bands. It's just dude with his guitar and a mic and drum machine. Fuckin awesome.

Haha I looked this up on youtube. Looks like Bubbles finally made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFA5EqBBDM

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

henpod posted:

Haha I looked this up on youtube. Looks like Bubbles finally made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFA5EqBBDM

hahah holy poo poo this is the best

SAKA BAKA BAAAALAA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What do you guys think of the new High on Fire?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It rules. Kurt Ballou is really the right producer for them.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

It's probably the best one since blessed black wings. That grunge/stoner track in the middle of the album feels a bit out of place though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm probably the only person in the world who thinks De Vermis Mysteriis is their best album and that Snakes For the Divine is probably top 3.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What do you guys think of the new High on Fire?

It's as boring as all their other albums.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

KozmoNaut posted:

I just bought a literal drum & bass album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7TXEvUjCzI

E: And also the self-titled debut album by Piss Vortex, on "piss yellow vinyl" because why not?

That's pretty cool, I'll check their album out.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

Cobra Commander posted:

The pile is great! He would even play your birthday party if you asked him.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I'd recommend most people check out the Amestigon album it's pretty good, if a little different.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Got the new Megiddo album in the mail today.

Sounds pretty much like a Megiddo album, maybe slightly better drums this time around.

Cure for Optimism
Dec 31, 2005

Outside a path to knowledge
Inside a waste of cells
Thought there was maybe a bit more of the Sepulchre sound in it than before.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
I saw Eyehategod last night and they were pretty good, but they must be the most white-trashy metal band I've seen, which kind of turned me off the show. Mike Williams in particular looks and sounds like he just wandered out of a trailer park.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

I saw Eyehategod last night and they were pretty good, but they must be the most white-trashy metal band I've seen, which kind of turned me off the show. Mike Williams in particular looks and sounds like he just wandered out of a trailer park.

I'm not sure how you can listen to Eyehategod's music and then be turned off by that aesthetic when you see it in action.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The people who wrote Sister Fucker, Metamphetamine and White friend of the family are actual white trash junkies instead of a bunch of ironic beardos?! Fffffuuuuu

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh man. This really only goes out to the Australian Metalheads here, but it's bullshit enough that I think most people would find it interesting.

The one decent Metal festival we get here in Australia is Soundwave. It's mostly commercial stuff with a few nuggets of gold buried in it every year. It's fairly respectable and usually it's run fairly well.

Soundwave itself is also a bit of a promotional company. A lot of the bands that appear at Soundwave do "Sidewaves" and a lot of the time, when they come out on their own tour it's under the Soundwave Touring banner.

This year, AJ Maddah (the guy in charge of Soundwave) has started this thing called the "Soundwave Society"

Members of this "Society" get access to presales, competitions, merchandise and other bonuses like meet and greets for whatever band Soundwave Touring brings out. To join the Soundwave Society, all you need to do is pay a yearly fee of $200.

So fans who aren't a member of this "society" miss out on some pretty cool things unless they pay the promoter $200 bucks a year. What an absolute load of poo poo.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Opulent Ceremony posted:

Congrats to the Bearstorm guy that posts here, Nocleansinging gave you guys quite a write-up

That's me! Thanks, we're super stoked.

Whole album is up on NCS now, btw. Something for everyone - there's Maiden-esque thrashing all over 'DeSoto' and the second half of 'Glacial Relic II' is full-on Baroness worship.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2015/06/25/an-ncs-album-premiere-bearstorm-americanus/

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
so Slow Mover is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ajn80sOfCI

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Goatwhore/Ringworm/Black Breath/Theories was pretty rad. I don't know how I slept on Goatwhore for all these years considering I love Acid Bath and Ben Falgoust is an awesome vocalist in Soilent Green (is Soilent Green ever doing another album??? It's been seven years and they're still listed as "active" on M-A). Also didn't realize dudes still wore spiked knee-high boots.

Ben at one point commented on the huge space in the audience saying "I feel like I'm at some metalcore show" and in my head I was like ":spergin: You just had an OG metalcore band play before you" but then he said "Come on up, this isn't Whitechapel" which was pretty funny. That's my dumb stage banter story.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 28, 2015

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Goatwhore also has shirts that say "Less White Chapel More Haunting The Chapel"

I don't know if I'd expect another Soilent Green album any time soon. Crowbar, Goatwhore, and Eyehategod have all become #1, full-time priorities for each of the guys.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

I just bought a literal drum & bass album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7TXEvUjCzI

E: And also the self-titled debut album by Piss Vortex, on "piss yellow vinyl" because why not?

Ok this is pretty awesome, you guys should click this. Raw and energetic as hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

Goatwhore also has shirts that say "Less White Chapel More Haunting The Chapel"

I don't know if I'd expect another Soilent Green album any time soon. Crowbar, Goatwhore, and Eyehategod have all become #1, full-time priorities for each of the guys.

Man, NOLA is such an incestuous scene.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

henpod posted:

Ok this is pretty awesome, you guys should click this. Raw and energetic as hell.

There are recording session videos for all the tracks from the "Flesh Hammer" album. It was all recorded in the band's non-airconditioned rehearsel room over five fays in the middle of an unexpectedly hot summer, and you can see the drummer getting more and more frantic through the sessions. He starts out looking reasonably collected, with combed-back hair and he seems pretty focused. By the end, he's a sweaty mess with hair in his face, looking like a madman.

Basically from this, to this.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

metalsucks actually shared something good a little while ago.. Sanzu - Painless EP

very Gojira-esque

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Here is another drum and bass duo that you should listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyN3rEqZHUQ

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Aaaaaaaand here's another drum and bass duo from Germany that put out some good goregrind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn9qatVJPJY

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

There are recording session videos for all the tracks from the "Flesh Hammer" album. It was all recorded in the band's non-airconditioned rehearsel room over five fays in the middle of an unexpectedly hot summer, and you can see the drummer getting more and more frantic through the sessions. He starts out looking reasonably collected, with combed-back hair and he seems pretty focused. By the end, he's a sweaty mess with hair in his face, looking like a madman.

Basically from this, to this.

Haha, yeah I did notice that he was down to his boxers at the end there. Is the audio the same there as it is in the studio versions? I love how the drums sound.

Either way I'm going to throw my money in the hat and buy the album.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

henpod posted:

Haha, yeah I did notice that he was down to his boxers at the end there. Is the audio the same there as it is in the studio versions? I love how the drums sound.

Either way I'm going to throw my money in the hat and buy the album.

I think so, either way they're on Bandcamp so you can hear for yourself: https://fossilsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/flesh-hammer

It's available on CD and LP as well.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Really loving it, especially the changes of pace and the energy. God, so many albums to listen to.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alestorm are coming to Australia.

What's the neckbeard ratio like at one of those shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Hammer Floyd posted:

Alestorm are coming to Australia.

What's the neckbeard ratio like at one of those shows?
raise ZeroDivisionError()