Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

##vote PMach

Day 1 vote. No other day 1 vote placed. Hurt is very clearly not invested in the game at all here. In fact, this was a shove toward a bad lynch without any explanation at all.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Let's do something. ##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Another bad vote. I didn't think so at the time because it agreed with my opinion on GG but looking at the rest of his posts, he never brings up GG until a couple posts before this at which time he asks GG if he'd retire when voted for.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Sorry folks didn't realize deadline was tonight. Bottle Knight. . . He got mad at me about talking about my feelings without votes which is sort of a weiner thing to do. A lot of Bottle Knight posts seem to be calling folks out but not much has been actual scum hunting. They've had a hair trigger on me since Day 2 based off very small things. But that's the same way they reacted to the Diq as well. Part of me wonders if they are just very quick to shoot. Not necessarily getting a scum vibe but

In my heart of hearts. Asiina is scum. Hear me out folks. Meta first, Asiina hates the role of scum with the bottom of her heart and the fiber of her being. Whenever she gets scum she's usually nonexistent in a game. But when it comes to her posts, it feels like she manufactured a big "here's my thoughts" posts so it would get everyone off her back and keep people thinking that she was in the game with as minimum content as possible.

Oddball is I feel like the Diq is scum. I can't back it up right now but that's my heart feel. Hal too.

My thoughts are a Hal/Asiina/Diq scum game.

Let's deal with Asiina first. ##vote Asiina

I already covered this post, but again, he's voting for scum here while defending another. Hal tells me Hurt later refuses to vote for BK at deadline. That's a pretty bad look considering Asiina was playing more like Assina and BK was at least around.

Aaaaaand that's all we have for Dr. Hurt and his fantabulous voting experiment.

Hal next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I swear I used to find this fun. Now I find it tiring x_x

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah this is the way to go ##vote Ghostly Gangsta

Jumps on GG with me early. No problems here.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote PMach

Lets do SOMETHING people

...this vote is identical to Hurt's! Ugh!

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Diqnol

It's the only thing to do in this situation

Jokevote, I remember the context, innocuous

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

A reasonless deadline vote, a pattern with Hal so far.

Hal Incandenza posted:

aC/Asiina - This persons has so little content that it is almost impossible to make an accurate read. Sad that it is probably too dangerous to kill them for being so terrible at this point. What content there is does appear scummy, no reads based on content, just talk about PMom and VT claims. Asiina's case on EP is decent enough, but it's still just pointing out 2 posts what are "wishy-washy" and nothing else.

BottleKnight - Not a whole lot of posting, has a very under-the-radar feel, many posts that just ask people to clarify things that don't really seem followed up on. Has made a few cases but most of them are very thin and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of follow-through on the ones made. Good probability of scum.

Captain Foo - Dude seems legit to me. Pretty solid town read here.

Dr. Hurt - Likes to try and get people to vote for his bad guy of choice but his posting is suspiciously light on his own casing. Wants us all to vote GG but mysteriously never mentions GG before that. Point in his favor is that he seems to be not taking things seriously in a very natural way and not a forced scummy way. Suspicious but not at the top of the list.

Epsilon Plus - Not a whole lot there, but I get a pretty townie feel from it. Defended me pretty hard against GG at one point which felt pretty pro-town to me, and the offer to retire felt genuine (did Epsilon actually get to four votes and then not retire? I can't quite work that out). Don't want to vote them today.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE - Diqnol diqnol diqnol. anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow. True and Real True and Real True and Real. Coming in here ultra aggressive and promising to LEAD US ALL TO VICTORY but really he isn't doing much at all but blustering and sort of stepping back around deadline. My gut does not like Diqnol at all this game but I've been fighting that so far because I always want to believe in this guy. Not my top choice, but he's high on the list right now.

Hal Incandenza - Just a good old boy, never meaning no harm, but having trouble with the town since the day he was born. I'm totally town, but I haven't held up my end of the bargain very well.

##vote Bottle Knight probably would go with Dr. Hurt next.

First and only true content from Hal in this game. Calls out a lot of people and has a lot of justifiable positions moving forward, but the BK vote here is okay. I do NOT like the rationale behind it, though! Being right != being town and while BK went down in a puff of poop and Hal continued to push him, his reasoning comes down to "his cases suck".

That concludes the Hal Voting Experience.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I am good at this game!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So what do I think? Well, I think that I stand a pretty good chance of being wrong. HOWEVER:

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hal what if you and I are both town and scum diqnol is laughing at the two of us going at each other's tails?

This post fits perfectly with my earlier feeling that Hurt used his vig to line things up for himself. He's trying to play Hal against me rather than actually going for Hal. Everything he's said so far has been Anti-Hal, so this post reads like he's trying to get Hal to see him as a rational person. Rational people don't need other people to believe their rationality; it should speak for itself. Hurt is our final scum. Hal, I'm ready to vote for him. Now is the time where we can discuss.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Guys, why don't you put together what you've found about me and each other and see where you stand. I'd like to get some discourse going so nobody can coast.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Guys, why don't you put together what you've found about me and each other and see where you stand. I'd like to get some discourse going so nobody can coast.

I am happy to discuss all this and more, but you'll have to give me some time, bad day at work today and I can't really concentrate here.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I already covered this post, but again, he's voting for scum here while defending another. Hal tells me Hurt later refuses to vote for BK at deadline. That's a pretty bad look considering Asiina was playing more like Assina and BK was at least around.

Just a reminder, my internet was out and didn't come back til after the vote was over. Out with friends right now. Be back later.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

:ghost: I had a pretty good bagel in New York City with garlic/chives cream cheese :ghost:

:ghost: stop bragging about your bagel access you live in a city with amazing loving bagels already :ghost:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I cant believed I miss the cool NYC party.

I had a really hard day at work but after work the guy I was doing the work for made me come back to his house and drink lots of pomegranate martinis and look at his massive collection of movie posters so now I am sorta drunk and I gotta be on a plane in 5 hours so I promise I will decide which of you is the scum tomorrow so don't do anything dumb before then ok thanks you guys are the best even if one of you is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok guys, let's get it done. I'd like to have this all done by 8pm EST tonight (the end of my shift). Think we can do it?

****REMINDER**** to not put down any votes until we're all around.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In order to do that, I need you both to read up on me and each other and post your thoughts. Until you do that, there's nothing for me to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In order to do that, I need you both to read up on me and each other and post your thoughts. Until you do that, there's nothing for me to do.

I mean you could just admit you were the scum and this will be all good.

I'm home now though so I will do as you have asked shortly.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Day 1 vote. No other day 1 vote placed. Hurt is very clearly not invested in the game at all here. In fact, this was a shove toward a bad lynch without any explanation at all.

Diq your reads on my votes are willfully ignorant and lacking any and all context. I have explained my reasonings behind the PMach vote stalling and eventual vote here. Honestly, a simple look through my posts before and right after the PMach situation you can see that I talked about it a lot. Did you just control-f for the actual votes so you could frame them completely without context?

quote:

Another bad vote. I didn't think so at the time because it agreed with my opinion on GG but looking at the rest of his posts, he never brings up GG until a couple posts before this at which time he asks GG if he'd retire when voted for.

I mean it's weak, but I didn't entirely trust Ghastly

Dr. Hurt posted:

Honestly I don't like PinMom's plan either but I feel like Ghastly's not all that he seeeems.

At least I was actually there for deadline. There was 0 momentum so I went with the town and hoped that Ghastly would be back to retire to try out PinMom's theory.

quote:

Yeah. I didn't feel bottle was scum, and I had a dead on gut + performance read on Asiina that she was scum. I'd rather try to push people towards someone I felt was 100 percent scum than go with the flow of town since obviously the last two nights that didn't go so well for me voting against how I felt.

Now Diq let's look at your record.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

This is a really weak vote. Roy just brought it up again but you'll see that Roy called BK out for this right away and tied it into a previous vote. Roy was found dead the next morning. He's pretty dead set on voting for Hurt, too. Held to that despite new flips and hasn't really branched out to any new reads, even in this new flurry of posts. Would vote.

TLDR: Right now my preference is Hurt but an Epsilon, Hal, or BK vote would be okay too, in order. I'd rather get Asiina posting or modkilled than waste a hang on someone with 6 or so posts between two posters. Theres no chance I'm going to vote for Foo today or tomorrow short of a miracle.

GET POSTING EVERYONE gently caress

Instead of actually looking at votes, what makes things interesting is Diq's lack of votes when it comes to Day 3 and onward. He calls out BK, but never actually acts on it. He puts me at the top of a vote list at a time where folks aren't very friendly to the ol' doctor and never really works on it. He misses deadline that day too, cuz he loves Counter Strike more.

Dayum! That's some massive destruction. Asii/AC, that was shameful as hell. I'm glad you guys went ahead on BK - good job! Sorry I wasn't around, seems like I'm never home in the evenings lately :(

Basically after the first day Diq seems content to play from a Godfatherly mode of town steering rather than planting votes and making things official. What's the deal, Diq?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Diq your reads on my votes are willfully ignorant and lacking any and all context. I have explained my reasonings behind the PMach vote stalling and eventual vote here. Honestly, a simple look through my posts before and right after the PMach situation you can see that I talked about it a lot. Did you just control-f for the actual votes so you could frame them completely without context?

I mean it's weak, but I didn't entirely trust Ghastly

At least I was actually there for deadline. There was 0 momentum so I went with the town and hoped that Ghastly would be back to retire to try out PinMom's theory.

Yeah. I didn't feel bottle was scum, and I had a dead on gut + performance read on Asiina that she was scum. I'd rather try to push people towards someone I felt was 100 percent scum than go with the flow of town since obviously the last two nights that didn't go so well for me voting against how I felt.

Now Diq let's look at your record.

I've read both of your post histories at least 3 times now. I've yet to reread the entire thread but that's only because I'm lazy. Your reasoning for the Pmach vote after the fact doesn't interest me. The context in which you placed it (that is to say, without explanation) was bad and your explanation after the fact could have been manufactured to explain away your bad choice.

Me not being there at deadline has nothing to do with anything other than I get lost in counterstrike as my rank soars upwards in power. I apologize.

My favorite part is how you're implying that you're onto thinking I'm scum instead of Hal now that I'm voting for you.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Honestly I've been at 50/50 whether you or Hal was scum since Day 3. I really, REALLY wanted someone else to die instead of Ep because this would have been much easier.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

My favorite part is how you're implying that you're onto thinking I'm scum instead of Hal now that I'm voting for you.

Diq: In order to do that, I need you both to read up on me and each other and post your thoughts.
Hurt: Reads and posts thoughts
Diq: woah woah woah why the gently caress do you think I could be scum? It's cuz I think you might be the bad way even though I've leaned that since day 3.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Diq: In order to do that, I need you both to read up on me and each other and post your thoughts.
Hurt: Reads and posts thoughts
Diq: woah woah woah why the gently caress do you think I could be scum? It's cuz I think you might be the bad way even though I've leaned that since day 3.

Oh please. You responded to things I said and implied you thought I was scum in it and followed it up with you attacking me. That's just thoughts about me, not general thoughts. You were directed to look at me because I forced you to, I think.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Post your thoughts about Hal.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Post your thoughts about Hal.

I dunno. If I post thoughts on Hal are you going to say that I only did it because you prompted me??

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Huh? That isn't what I meant. I meant that I forced you to go after me over Hal by pushing you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The things that made me feel scummy about both of you in my list post haven't changed. That being said my feel on Diqnol was more gut-based than anything. Usually when I see him being especially brash I tend to think he's going for a bullying-the-town scum win which he would love. Nothing from his actual content has leapt out at me during the game. Disappearing around deadlines does seem legitimately life-related, and I don't think scum diqnol playing this way would purposely miss them, I think he'd do whatever he could to at least check in and help his team.

I have to go back and look if he had much interaction with bottle knight.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It was a joke Diq. A joke built off misinterpretation of what you were saying, but a joke nonetheless. I just thought it was funny that you said "You were directed to look at me because I forced you to, I think." and then followed it up with "now do Hal" like you were testing out your hypnotic control over me.

Hal sits back and menacingly cackles. By letting Hurt and Diq misinterpret each other he will slide through to an easy win.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dayum! That's some massive destruction. Asii/AC, that was shameful as hell. I'm glad you guys went ahead on BK - good job! Sorry I wasn't around, seems like I'm never home in the evenings lately :(

This is probably the worst thing in Diqnol's post history it feels a little phony. Also Diqnol's push on BK that day was sort weak. He was his fourth choice for scum and later on this interaction:

Bottleknight, what do you think of Foo's line of questioning/suspicion on you? Would you vote for Foo? Do you think his other reads are good? Explain why you feel that way.

has the scent of a scum calling out a scum in thread.

Hrm.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal is like an alternate reality version of me. We've both been around at deadline and mostly just chuckled around. I was on his bad-guy list for my self-effacing "well I've been bad too" posting D1. Start of D2 I was his top scum pick but he never really fought for it that hard. He's just been content to keep a lowkey pressure on me. Jokes a lot about GG but never really drops a case. Just seems to be coasting along, with his funny riffs taking the place of a lot of content. I'm looking at the man in the mirror.

This is Hal's big post and it's been brought up a lot.

Hal Incandenza posted:

aC/Asiina - This persons has so little content that it is almost impossible to make an accurate read. Sad that it is probably too dangerous to kill them for being so terrible at this point. What content there is does appear scummy, no reads based on content, just talk about PMom and VT claims. Asiina's case on EP is decent enough, but it's still just pointing out 2 posts what are "wishy-washy" and nothing else.

BottleKnight - Not a whole lot of posting, has a very under-the-radar feel, many posts that just ask people to clarify things that don't really seem followed up on. Has made a few cases but most of them are very thin and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of follow-through on the ones made. Good probability of scum.

Captain Foo - Dude seems legit to me. Pretty solid town read here.

Dr. Hurt - Likes to try and get people to vote for his bad guy of choice but his posting is suspiciously light on his own casing. Wants us all to vote GG but mysteriously never mentions GG before that. Point in his favor is that he seems to be not taking things seriously in a very natural way and not a forced scummy way. Suspicious but not at the top of the list.

Epsilon Plus - Not a whole lot there, but I get a pretty townie feel from it. Defended me pretty hard against GG at one point which felt pretty pro-town to me, and the offer to retire felt genuine (did Epsilon actually get to four votes and then not retire? I can't quite work that out). Don't want to vote them today.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE - Diqnol diqnol diqnol. anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow anime gently caress pillow. True and Real True and Real True and Real. Coming in here ultra aggressive and promising to LEAD US ALL TO VICTORY but really he isn't doing much at all but blustering and sort of stepping back around deadline. My gut does not like Diqnol at all this game but I've been fighting that so far because I always want to believe in this guy. Not my top choice, but he's high on the list right now.

Hal Incandenza - Just a good old boy, never meaning no harm, but having trouble with the town since the day he was born. I'm totally town, but I haven't held up my end of the bargain very well.

##vote Bottle Knight probably would go with Dr. Hurt next.

A wishy-washy semi callout on Asiina. "I think they are bad but ehhhh, what are we gonna do." Bottleknight has the vestiges of a case, but this is the first time he mentions bottle besides just a smilie response to something they've said. It seems like it is out of the blue. Blah

I am literally torn between Hal and Diq. . . I am not sure I like how Diq has been trying to control this last day. . . but should I believe in Hal.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Would the real scum honorably retire, thnx

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hal sits back and menacingly cackles. By letting Hurt and Diq misinterpret each other he will slide through to an easy win.

Then again this feels like scum trying to buddy up to a town.

It really bothers me that your prime defense of your protection of Bottle Knight is that you were so sure asiina was scum. Asiina was a modkill waiting to happen and a great scum sacrifice and I have a hard time believing you could be THAT sure with such limited content. You barely ever talk about BK before that other than a weird post to defend him and then the time you call him dumb for voting you. BK also pushes you quite a bit for not really the best reasoning and not only do you ignore it you become sure he's town? That doesn't really add up.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You can vote me on it, but I legitimately didn't see Bottle as scum. There's nothing really more to defend about that, but I'll give it a shot. I think this is my first time playing with them, and I just didn't see it. I mean Pinmom was pushing for me with idiotic reasons as well and sometimes its best just to ignore idiotic cases because you give them more power when you actively try to shut them down. I defended him because someone asked me what I thought and I said I didn't entirely see it.

I was sure that Asiina was scum from the moment she disappeared (and even then, before that when she replaced but that was more dumb meta). I am awful as town, and when I get a good gut feel I like sticking with it. I'm not gonna say that's a good thing, in fact it is pretty awful tunneling. I just have the smug satisfaction that I was right 1 out of 2 times.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think I am just gonna stop doing dumb jokes because it is always "buddying up" to folks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Diqnol I have just noticed as I was re-reading the game that you said you wanted to rap battle on Sunday after 8 and you didn't post at all between Saturday night and Monday afternoon so YOU WEREN'T loving HERE EITHER and I now want to fight you in real life for calling me out when you didn't show either.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

I think I am just gonna stop doing dumb jokes because it is always "buddying up" to folks.

Well I mean in LYLO it's gonna look that way more.

I think I am more interested in why you never really responded to BK at all other than two words one time. It comes across like you didn't think you had to worry about what he thought, despite the fact that there was other heat on you and he wasn't just some lone vote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Diqnol I have just noticed as I was re-reading the game that you said you wanted to rap battle on Sunday after 8 and you didn't post at all between Saturday night and Monday afternoon so YOU WEREN'T loving HERE EITHER and I now want to fight you in real life for calling me out when you didn't show either.

I was here! I was here! I was wondering when you'd notice xD

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

##vote Dr. Hurt

I don't like you hinting at alignment without votes. "PMom might be scum, Asiina is probably scum," etc.

His case was literally "you hint at alignments without going full hog." And really, getting into a meta argument about semantics and the way I word things is just idiotic. I figured that most folks would look at that vote and think it was kooky, since Pinmom was voting me for the whole "trying to fillibuster the deadline" ordeal. It was a weak as hell case and honestly it was just better calling them dumb and moving on.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is probably the worst thing in Diqnol's post history it feels a little phony. Also Diqnol's push on BK that day was sort weak. He was his fourth choice for scum and later on this interaction:

has the scent of a scum calling out a scum in thread.

Hrm.

I needed to get him to talk more so I could refine my read on him. I don't think he ever did answer me, right?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hal is like an alternate reality version of me. We've both been around at deadline and mostly just chuckled around. I was on his bad-guy list for my self-effacing "well I've been bad too" posting D1. Start of D2 I was his top scum pick but he never really fought for it that hard. He's just been content to keep a lowkey pressure on me. Jokes a lot about GG but never really drops a case. Just seems to be coasting along, with his funny riffs taking the place of a lot of content. I'm looking at the man in the mirror.

This is Hal's big post and it's been brought up a lot.

A wishy-washy semi callout on Asiina. "I think they are bad but ehhhh, what are we gonna do." Bottleknight has the vestiges of a case, but this is the first time he mentions bottle besides just a smilie response to something they've said. It seems like it is out of the blue. Blah

I am literally torn between Hal and Diq. . . I am not sure I like how Diq has been trying to control this last day. . . but should I believe in Hal.

Hurt is the scum. Hal, read this post and tell me you see it too.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If you feel that I'm scum so bad why don't you put your money where your mouth is rather than letting Hal take the first move and dive on his mistake?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mmm, I guess it's not fair for me to ask you to see what I see. What I see is Hurt framing his argument to be talking to you, Hal, and not to me, and to be saying "I don't trust you, Hal...but you're the good guy and Diqnol is the bad guy, shouldn't you listen to me?" in tonality and framing, particularly at the very start and the very end. He's saying that you're both the same at the same time he's saying he's torn between you. It reeks of ulterior motive. Hurt is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because, Hurt, what if you're town and HE'S scum? Wouldn't that end the game? I'm not going to put it down until we're done discussing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Man I don't trust loving either of you. This is the worst-case scenario, darkest timeline bullshit. I just want this done so I can watch soccer without stressing out all day.

Look at it through my eyes, I've joked about both of you being manipulative string pullers and both of you have gotten mad about it. Do I see a lot of parallels in the way Hal and I have played the game? Yeah. We were both there day 1 and 2 just bullshitting about pizza, the fat boys, and making raps. Hal and I both skirted through this game with minimum content. I'm sorry if you think I'm framing things to him on a platter, but that is probably my wording problem vs. intent.

• Locked thread