Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

So yeah, you just confirmed you really haven't heard a radio station in the past 25 years. Rap has been popular as hell and cross-genre for a long rear end time man. No wonder you're baffled by how real radio stations work, when you're the kind of person who actually wastes money on satellite radio.

I never said I "really haven't heard" a radio station in the past 25 years, I just prefer not to because the music they play is shitpop and some dipshit blathering about his bitches and bling and namedropping other dipshits over a lovely Protools drumloop. And just because rap is "popular as hell and cross-genre" doesn't mean I have to like it or enjoy the fact that it gets crammed into everything even when it's not even remotely thematically appropriate.

I'm not baffled by how real radio stations work, they pander to the lowest common denominator.

edit: Maybe that sounded a tad more hostile than I intended but my point stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Once a bunch of pubs were listening to Non-Stop Pop and started singing alone with "I Want it That Way" and like everyone else joined in and it ruled. -- The On-Topic Guy

Also Hexenritter I'm sure you are a lovely person with perfectly acceptable taste but the way you talk about rap and hip-hop makes you sound like a racist middle manager in a 90s movie aimed at Black audiences, which again I'm sure you're not, but also yikes, my good friend. edit: ok at least you acknowledged it haha

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
To the dude who thought the county music was awful. If you're a country fan (and not loving bro country garbage) it's actually a pretty good slam dunk. Except if you wanna get to heaven seems to play every other song, and my favorite Highwayman never gets the nod.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Once a bunch of pubs were listening to Non-Stop Pop and started singing alone with "I Want it That Way" and like everyone else joined in and it ruled. -- The On-Topic Guy

I just want to stress how much it loving rules that we finally have synced radio songs in an online multiplayer game. That is seriously some trailblazing poo poo, not even Saints Row gave us that and it was the perfect series for it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
battlefield vietnam did it 10 years ago

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Today I was visited by the fairy godhacker and got 1.5 million before the game started bugging out and saying it couldn't process the transactions, so I finally have a high-end apartment to launch heists from. What should I spend my remaining million on, or should save up for now?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Not gonna lie, I'd pay a fair amount of cash for new radio songs.

Self Radio is cool and all, but it tanks my performance and I don't own a lot of music anymore since I do most of my listening on Pandora and Spotify. RIP Grooveshark :smith:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Vice City had the best soundtrack. It might've had some advantage in regards to hindsight allowing a better choice of tracks, but as others have mentioned, V's stations seem a bit too niche sometimes. I think a few more mainstream channels would've evened up some (eg. Modern pop, older pop, cross genres, just top 40 chart music). I guess what I'm saying is I want BBC Radio 1 (Current chart music) and Radio 2 (older popular music). And Radio 4, because I'm an old man who likes listening to the shipping forecast sometimes.

As it is, I just set up my laptop and listen to that with the in game radio mute, because while it was fun and new at first, I'm mostly bored of it now.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Also Hexenritter I'm sure you are a lovely person with perfectly acceptable taste but the way you talk about rap and hip-hop makes you sound like a racist middle manager in a 90s movie aimed at Black audiences, which again I'm sure you're not, but also yikes, my good friend. edit: ok at least you acknowledged it haha

Hey, I really appreciate the musicianship behind stuff like funk and soul, but modern rap is awful IMO, it's got none of the heart and drive of the early stuff and as a guitarist, I find little to no musical merit to it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

There were no other stations.

e: some goon just spammed money bags on me for 10 minutes, and now some pubbie thinks I'm the one spawning money bags

I want my character to be skinned into a money bag and go around shooting people.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Hexenritter posted:

Hey, I really appreciate the musicianship behind stuff like funk and soul, but modern rap is awful IMO, it's got none of the heart and drive of the early stuff and as a guitarist, I find little to no musical merit to it.
/

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why would anyone listen to anything other than the classic rock station? :confused:

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Montalvo posted:

Why would anyone listen to anything other than the classic rock station? :confused:

I listen to the classic rock and pop stations when I'm in the creator mode but most of the music is far too chilled out for me in the rest of the game. I need a station that just plays Metz songs constantly. For some reason I find Channel X to be grating though.

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014
So last night after a hacker apologised for crushing my car with a whale, then spawning a meteor in my apartment, replaced it with a mannequin on my head.

I showed her around the apartment.

The hacker then forced me to fight my inner demons

It stood on my crotch

Things got wet

The mannequin showed off her thespian side.

Then I guess I had to confront my own fear of pole dancing

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

ninjahedgehog posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd pay a fair amount of cash for new radio songs.

People want new music, I want the ability to remove music and free some much needed space on my SSD. Every gig counts on an SSD.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I often find myself on the 80s channeland type out George Michael lyrics. If not him then Michael McDonald...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

UserErr0r posted:

People want new music, I want the ability to remove music and free some much needed space on my SSD. Every gig counts on an SSD.

Get a bigger SSD or symlink the music folders to a hard drive. It doesn't need lightning fast response times.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You're asking too much, we can't even remove worse than default weapons

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So I'm trying to get a gauge on ill gotten gains part II. Is it going to be more garbage obscenely expensive stuff that is useless or something more...practical.

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014
It'll be a New Hat!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQkxsEbnS4

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

A while ago in this thread I posted that I didn't really mind all of the hackers in this game, there weren't too many that were griefing and they made the game more fun by spawning in ridiculous stuff and hosting session-wide zany activities.

I apologize and take it all back. Now there are 1 or 2 hackers in every single session I join, and they are not the fun wacky activities type. Every single one is just killing everyone in the server with explosions over and over. I've gone for crate drops 2 or 3 times only to be magically exploded the moment I show up. The last one was so stupidly blatant because I was hanging out in a plane waiting for the crate to drop, and as soon as it did I zoomed in and parachuted down, easily beating everyone there by a huge margin. Then as I'm walking towards the crate a chrome SUV teleports in, the guy gets out and boom, I die from a magic explosion.

I don't feel any guilt anymore about having been given 15+ million dollars by being shot with bags of money because if I had supported the game by buying a shark card legit I would have found I would have spent extra money on a game that's approaching unplayable. I have never played an online game with this much of a cheating problem. Including lovely F2P Korean games. I hate to bitch because I've had so much genuine fun with this game but I'm getting close to uninstalling.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Nintendo Kid posted:

Get a bigger SSD or symlink the music folders to a hard drive. It doesn't need lightning fast response times.

I'm pretty sure the music files are stored within one of the RPF files... the RPF files that if modified get you banned from GTA Online.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Edit n/m

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hexenritter posted:

Rofl.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeezy Christ.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Guitarists Are Cunts.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Policenaut posted:

Chakra Attack is still my favorite talk thing in this game, but it pales in comparison to Judge Grady's JUST OR UNJUST from GTA4.

Talk radio in this game is pretty naff, yeah. GTA4 had a few good things here and there, but I don't really remember that much of it. It hasn't been nearly as good as some of the talk radio stuff from Vice City or San Andreas. Vice City's VCPR had a chat show with things like discussions about positivity and success between a shilling self-help salesman, a overmedicatedly positive woman, and a laidback goth. And WCTR from San Andreas had an interview with deranged action hero star Jack Howitzer (Stallone/Arnie/Etc), who quickly devolves into having a complete breakdown.

Hexenritter posted:

I never said I "really haven't heard" a radio station in the past 25 years, I just prefer not to because the music they play is shitpop and some dipshit blathering about his bitches and bling and namedropping other dipshits over a lovely Protools drumloop. And just because rap is "popular as hell and cross-genre" doesn't mean I have to like it or enjoy the fact that it gets crammed into everything even when it's not even remotely thematically appropriate.

Wow, you sound like the oldest loving dude.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Bilal posted:

A while ago in this thread I posted that I didn't really mind all of the hackers in this game, there weren't too many that were griefing and they made the game more fun by spawning in ridiculous stuff and hosting session-wide zany activities.

I apologize and take it all back. Now there are 1 or 2 hackers in every single session I join, and they are not the fun wacky activities type. Every single one is just killing everyone in the server with explosions over and over. I've gone for crate drops 2 or 3 times only to be magically exploded the moment I show up. The last one was so stupidly blatant because I was hanging out in a plane waiting for the crate to drop, and as soon as it did I zoomed in and parachuted down, easily beating everyone there by a huge margin. Then as I'm walking towards the crate a chrome SUV teleports in, the guy gets out and boom, I die from a magic explosion.

I don't feel any guilt anymore about having been given 15+ million dollars by being shot with bags of money because if I had supported the game by buying a shark card legit I would have found I would have spent extra money on a game that's approaching unplayable. I have never played an online game with this much of a cheating problem. Including lovely F2P Korean games. I hate to bitch because I've had so much genuine fun with this game but I'm getting close to uninstalling.

isnt it about time for a second banwave?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Top Hats Monthly posted:

To the dude who thought the county music was awful. If you're a country fan (and not loving bro country garbage) it's actually a pretty good slam dunk. Except if you wanna get to heaven seems to play every other song, and my favorite Highwayman never gets the nod.

The Johnny Paycheck song is terrible though and gets too much airplay.

In fact the only 'bad' radio station is the Reggae one because it has a bizarre amount of dancehall and severe lack of actual reggae or dub (or old ska, you have Lee Perry as the DJ where the gently caress is Hand to Hand.)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hexenritter posted:

"Everything but rap and country."

Juxtaposed Shoe posted:

a hacker apologised for crushing my car with a whale

GTA Online: a hacker apologised for crushing my car with a whale

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

UserErr0r posted:

I'm pretty sure the music files are stored within one of the RPF files... the RPF files that if modified get you banned from GTA Online.

You aren't modifying the file when you make a symlink, you're placing it on a different storage device and making it look like it's on the same as the rest. I promise you Steam won't flip out.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So I'm trying to get a gauge on ill gotten gains part II. Is it going to be more garbage obscenely expensive stuff that is useless or something more...practical.

There was a rumor about mansions but it's anyone's guess really. If they're talking about part 2 dropping in July I think that means no independence day special so lawl at people who complained about not getting a chance to play holiday updates

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

coupedeville posted:

There was a rumor about mansions but it's anyone's guess really. If they're talking about part 2 dropping in July I think that means no independence day special so lawl at people who complained about not getting a chance to play holiday updates

I heard lots of rumors it was dropping the first week of July. I hope that's true!

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

I'm not baffled by how real radio stations work, they pander to the lowest common denominator.

edit: Maybe that sounded a tad more hostile than I intended but my point stands.
i love dipshits too bro. dipset 4 life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfZgBpDzPM

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
I took pot shots at a hacker's chrome Buzzard so he removed all my guns. I berated him via text until he apologized and gave me $300,000.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I don't care what the next event is but if they don't let me buy fireworks ammo I'm gonna be so pissed off.

SplitSoul posted:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I don't see why you can't buy firework launcher ammo all year round if you already own the launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

orcane posted:

If only technology in today's Los Santos allowed people to mix their own songs together, we could have something like Saints Row's mixtape feature. That would come with the bonus of not having to listen to the terrible hosts and the awful ads whose "lol isn't America awful" jokes have stopped being funny in GTA:SA over ten years ago.

No, I think it's good the way it is.

• Locked thread