Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

CRT no lag gaming sounds like heaven. I'll be playing on VC again, but I will be very rusty. Hope to post my time completed tomorrow morning-ish, before CEO 2015 kicks off.

it was incredible, itd been so long since i played on a crt that it felt incredible having no input lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

id played through the game a dozen times since i last had a crt on emulator and vc and such so it was instnatly noticeable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok starting....*lets the guy keeping time see my hand raised up* NOW *pushes the + button and begins to furiously tap B for no reason*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Mother Base is going to kick some rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bougfht the legacy edition, should be here tuesday. so pumped

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gamer Hell :yeah:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

bougfht the legacy edition, should be here tuesday. so pumped

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

make sure to hammer l1 during codec calls in mgs2 whenever female is talking to hear raiden say how cute and i love you

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Press the other button instead.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I recently completed a metal gear marathon but I just realized I bought Zone of the Enders HD Collection for PS3 so if the op approves I will play those instead and comment on potential contributions to the metal gear series

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Instead I'm going to beat my second favorite game ever made, Super Metroid

I love this game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just used epic mental fuckery to get my friend to give me his PS3, along with a copy of MGS HD Collection, MGS4, Demon's Souls, and Dragon's Dogma. I'm feeling so FTW right now it hurts. All I have to do now is buy MGS1 on his Playstation account.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*ascends through the various Vince McMahon emotions whilst scrolling down*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Hell yeas

Soral
May 30, 2009

nice!!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 28, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to shave your legs :mrgw:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

so the HD collection doesn't include the substance or subsistence versions of mgs 2 and 3? i wanna skate the big shell in HD :(

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

so the HD collection doesn't include the substance or subsistence versions of mgs 2 and 3? i wanna skate the big shell in HD :(

it does but snakeboarding is gone cos they'd have to port that skateboarding game engine too and probably didn't still have the license

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Similarly the nightmare beat em up is gone too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Look at those Spider-Man PS3 font cases. Ah, memories. Also don't skip leg day

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I see that BBG is going to miss Metal Gear July because gnarlyhotep gave him the INRI Special

gnarlyhotep I know you name search on the broken search function here and you are a poo poo mod

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

I see that BBG is going to miss Metal Gear July because gnarlyhotep gave him the INRI Special

gnarlyhotep I know you name search on the broken search function here and you are a poo poo mod

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Quoting for your mod sass ban

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

gnarlyhotep posted:

you can always sass me :wink:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nice

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

I see Ralp approved it as well. What a surprise :flipoff:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What the heck happened here, lol.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i quoted the full size image. and then some piss baby loser mod edited my post. because i made them use a scroll wheel.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to be playing an adjusted release order, starting with

Metal Gear 1
Metal Gear 2
MGS1
MGS2

then switching to Big Boss' story with

MGS3
Peace Walker
Unfinished Ground Zeroes content (side ops, extracting all the unique characters for TPP)

And then I'll play MGS4 and possibly Portable Ops if it emulates well. Not interested in non-canon games or Twin Snakes.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

metal gear rising is canon

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think it's the end of the world if I don't finish MGS4 before MGSV comes out, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No Revengeance?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I played Rising on Steam, pretty recently.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

portable ops is barely canon i think, since it has psychic not-paz and stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice. I should have picked it up for PC during the Steam sale, it bet it looks great with maxed out settings compared to the PS3 version.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Nice. I should have picked it up for PC during the Steam sale, it bet it looks great with maxed out settings compared to the PS3 version.

its a straight port i think so aside from the resolution not much is changed, you never have to worry about your framerate tanking though even though it was rare on ps3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they add Solid Snake back into Smash Brothers in celebration of Metal Gear July

• Locked thread