Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The UBW thread is unable to reconcile the fact that fate zero was written afterwards but was adapted to an anim first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

a kitten posted:

I did just start reading (playing?) the FSN visual novel due mainly to becoming more interested in the setting and storylines because of the UBW anime.

Hope you enjoy reading about food :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Namtab posted:

The UBW thread is unable to reconcile the fact that fate zero was written afterwards but was adapted to an anim first

Thing is the people insisting "no but Zero though" don't want a few changes in UBW to make things line up (we got that), they want Fate Zero 2: Kerrytugu Rides Again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All arguments aside I do think Zero vs UBW is funny in the sense that the shows perfectly reflect their sources qualitywise: Fate Zero is a more consistent, better paced work, while FSN is much more uneven, hitting lower lows and higher highs.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm hype for anim movie dickworms

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

I thought it was pretty decent.

I'm not sure if i'll ever bother to re-watch it at any point, but i definitely had a decent enough time with it. Fwiw i'm only familiar with the nasuverse from Zero, Carnival Phantasm, Garden of Sinners and general animenerd cultural osmosis.

I did just start reading (playing?) the FSN visual novel due mainly to becoming more interested in the setting and storylines because of the UBW anime.
I'm really, really curious what you think of the first route Fate, having come at it from presumably knowing all about Zero and of course UBW.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope they adapt every single second of HF. I want 6 godawful movie capped off with the greatest movie of all time.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Secondaryfags should be impaled.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They don't need to Hobbit it, since there is so much superflous boring crap in the middle they can rightfully cut out. Two 2-hour films is what I figure would be enough. As long as it's not just one...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Secondaryfags should be impaled.

I remember when they announced UBW going, "That's great! FZ attracted so many new fans!"

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I don't care about zero the problem with the ubw thread was that there wasn't any gar posting which was disappointing considering ubw is the archer romance route

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I don't care about zero the problem with the ubw thread was that there wasn't any gar posting which was disappointing considering ubw is the archer romance route

unfortunately that meme is p out of date, but last i was on /a/ in like 2011, we were still using it so eh

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Nate RFB posted:

They don't need to Hobbit it, since there is so much superflous boring crap in the middle they can rightfully cut out. Two 2-hour films is what I figure would be enough. As long as it's not just one...
One movie would just be an insane nonsensical spectacle train.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Beef Chief posted:

unfortunately that meme is p out of date, but last i was on /a/ in like 2011, we were still using it so eh

Yeah, I expected more jokes about "the bar that made him GAR" during the episode in which it was shown, but I guess complaining about the "mana transfer" ritual Rin and Shirou did was more important than that...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The HF Movie will start with a huge Star Wars title scroll detailing the majority of the events and then immediately segue into Nine Bullet Revolver.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would actually watch the movie if that happened

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I really hope that HF winds up being as good as I remember it, because UBW was pretty terrible in hindsight. Is it just going to be the one movie or multiple ones like the KnK movies?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We don't know yet, I would assume multiple.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
HF only really started getting good near the end, but it was a weird and pretty rapey route all in all.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It was definitely pretty rapey, hopefully they tone it down in the movie.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I really hope that HF winds up being as good as I remember it, because UBW was pretty terrible in hindsight. Is it just going to be the one movie or multiple ones like the KnK movies?
I've gone back to the main set pieces of HF's endgame plenty of times over the years, they're all still great. It's the beginning of the various routes (especially Fate) that have no replayability whatsoever.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

heaven's feel is going to be epic as hell

nine bullet revolver, sparks liner high, shirou and kotomine duking out it mano a mano while shirou turns into swords, rider

hell yeah!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mapo freakin' tofu!!!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Excited for Rider and Shirou vs Kotomine

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm mostly excited for the Kotomine scenes since he's like the one character I'm still invested in.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

not the meme specifically just people being appreciative of archer's sex appeal

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lancer and Kojirou's are better looking than Archer.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saber's bare breasts, tosakas lewd anus

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Twiddy posted:

One movie would just be an insane nonsensical spectacle train.
I agree, HF is the best route.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rodyle posted:

Lancer and Kojirou's are better looking than Archer.

I agree with Lancer, but Kojirou, ehhhhh third place.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No he's first place

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I'm really, really curious what you think of the first route Fate, having come at it from presumably knowing all about Zero and of course UBW.

As someone who watched Fate Zero first and knew the twist about Shirou being Archer and then played the VNs, I honestly can't really remember much of what happens in Fate other than Shirou projecting Excalibur (or was it Caliburn?) and stabbing Kotomine at the end (and the lesbian sex of course). It just had very little impact overall. UBW more than made up for it, though. I wasn't as big of a fan of Heaven's Feel, though it was still better than Fate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I still really like Gil's horror and disbelief that EA can't pierce Avalon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rodyle posted:

I still really like Gil's horror and disbelief that EA can't pierce Avalon.

I didn't really like that, because I thought it was more or less explicitly stated that Ea is the most powerful thing ever (and is also alien or something), as evidenced by the fact that Shirou is unable to trace it. The UBW end works because Shirou won due to taking advantage of Gilgamesh's arrogance, but in Fate Gilgamesh just loses despite using his strongest ability.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heaven's feel was a rapey route because sakura was raped

im not really sure you can remove that plotpoint or tone it down without completely destroying the plot of heaven's feel and also sakura's character

like yeah you can change how it's depicted but it kind of has to stay for the route to work at all

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

didn't they already change it in realta nua?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Cake Attack posted:

I think they turn Sakura into some sort of vampire in RN?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

if so that is incredibly hosed up

removing the explicit scenes is one thing because yeah those were weird, but what

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Sakura is kind of a vampire in Realta Nua, yeah. It really doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm not 100% sure, but that's always the impression i've been under and why i've always thought realta nua seemed dumb