Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

What is Her Story?

Her Story is best described as an interactive film, with only one actor, one location, and you're the film's editor. The titular story unfolds as you query a database of video clips for keywords. Saying anything more would probably ruin it, because I bought and played it almost 100% blind and I feel like if I had known even a little bit beforehand it would have negatively impacted my experience.

It's written and directed by Sam Barlow, who worked on Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Aisle.

I don't care about spoilers, what's it about?

Seriously, I warned you, but here's a very little bit of information: A man has apparently been murdered. Don't go to the official website, even, because I feel like it gives a little too much away.

Is it good?

Reviews have been coming in over the past couple days and they are overwhelmingly positive.

Well gently caress you too buddy.

The game is six dollars on Steam. Steam gives refunds now. The game can be "100% completed" in less than 2 hours. So if you give it a try you will have plenty of time to decide whether or not it's worth your money. Honestly, I think this is some of the best pricing of an "artsy indie game" I've seen. Five bucks is less than a matinee of a film, and if this game were a film it would be one of the best I've seen in years. No kidding.

What makes it so good, if you can't say anything about the plot???

The programming and writing are executed flawlessly; it's very likely that you will never be "stuck" for more than a couple seconds. The script feels entirely natural (thanks to the fantastic performance by Viva Seifert while also containing enough redundancy of important words to make searching for new clips completely organic and almost effortless. There are even some funny Easter eggs for people who just search the naughty words.

Gimme a link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368370/

THE STEAM TRAILER IS ALSO REALLY SPOILERY!

“Her Story has all the drama and intrigue of the best TV crime shows, but plays to the interactive strengths of the medium in a daring, imaginative way, trusting you to make sense of the scattered jigsaw pieces at your own pace. It’s her story, but it’s also your story. The murder mystery is as old as popular fiction itself, and territory video games have covered before, but I’ve never experienced one quite like this.”
90, Editor's Choice – PC Gamer

“An astounding performance by Viva Seifert, immaculate writing by Sam Barlow, and a completely innovative concept cement Her Story as one of the most solid and mesmerising releases this year.”
9.5/10 – God is a Geek

Since there is actually a fair amount open to speculation, spoiler tag your discussion please. Especially spoiler tag any discussion of THAT ONE THING, seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

The internet destroyed me, but I forgave it
Yes! Thanks for making this thread. I spent four hours yesterday evening digging though the game, and I'm currently trying to find 20 or so remaining clips, including one contiguous portion of the interview that I've seen a lot of people are missing. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it is refreshingly different and well worth playing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GarethIW posted:

Yes! Thanks for making this thread. I spent four hours yesterday evening digging though the game, and I'm currently trying to find 20 or so remaining clips, including one contiguous portion of the interview that I've seen a lot of people are missing. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it is refreshingly different and well worth playing.

If you're missing the same big section that I was, you should search for lie detector.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
If it's the section precision is describing more specifically you want to search for "yes" and "no" quotation marks included.

Finding out what was in that huge block I was missing was a pretty big anti climax.

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

precision posted:

If you're missing the same big section that I was, you should search for lie detector.

Yep, it's that section - but I've got everything that's tagged with your suggestion. I have the two parts leading into it, and the part directly after ("That was the only question I failed?") but I've come up with nothing on the actual content of that section. I'm gonna go back and watch a few clips either side and see if I get any ideas.

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

Atomicated posted:

If it's the section precision is describing more specifically you want to search for "yes" and "no" quotation marks included.

Finding out what was in that huge block I was missing was a pretty big anti climax.

Aha! I figured it was going to be a bit of a letdown anyway, but nice to clean it up, thanks! :)

Edit: Okay, that actually made me laugh. I should have expected exactly that.

GarethIW fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 25, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Atomicated posted:

Yeah that was the only thing in the game that disappointed me.

I'm still reasonably undecided on what really happened. I'd say I'm certain it's meant to be ambiguous with no definitive answer though.

It seems equally implausible that Hannah and Eve are two different women as that they are the same woman. The tattoo is obviously a big point of contention; some people are saying that she got the tattoo during the questioning process, but she does mention that Simon guessed her name from it. As implausible as the whole "secretly living in an attic" thing is, I got the impression by the end that she was brilliant/insane enough to have actually lived that way. I'm also pretty sure that I don't remember anything contradicting her Glasgow alibi directly, only that the timeline of the death was fuzzy enough to go either way.

If possible I'd play this with someone else. I stayed up all night to finish it, but as soon as my girlfriend woke up we played it again together, with me letting her suggest words to search for. It was really neat to watch someone putting it together in real time. If you have a kid old enough to handle the subject matters, there's nothing really racy enough to make that awkward. There was only one clip that made me kinda :stonklol: which was the discussion of Eve taking Hannah's virginity with a hairbrush

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Herstory? What is this sexist revisionism of the English language.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I thought a game about women talking to the police would contain more violence and rape to be honest.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Yeah that was the only thing in the game that disappointed me.

I'm still reasonably undecided on what really happened. I'd say I'm certain it's meant to be ambiguous with no definitive answer though.

It seems equally implausible that Hannah and Eve are two different women as that they are the same woman. The tattoo is obviously a big point of contention; some people are saying that she got the tattoo during the questioning process, but she does mention that Simon guessed her name from it. As implausible as the whole "secretly living in an attic" thing is, I got the impression by the end that she was brilliant/insane enough to have actually lived that way. I'm also pretty sure that I don't remember anything contradicting her Glasgow alibi directly, only that the timeline of the death was fuzzy enough to go either way.

If possible I'd play this with someone else. I stayed up all night to finish it, but as soon as my girlfriend woke up we played it again together, with me letting her suggest words to search for. It was really neat to watch someone putting it together in real time. If you have a kid old enough to handle the subject matters, there's nothing really racy enough to make that awkward. There was only one clip that made me kinda :stonklol: which was the discussion of Eve taking Hannah's virginity with a hairbrush
Yeah, I agree that the twins are more likely. As the interrogations go on it feels like more like the cops are getting wise that there is probably a second person (The fingerprints, confronting Eve about how she's just rehearsing what Hannah said, how Eve gets super defensive about not having a bruise like Hannah and making a lame excuse) There's also the tattoo and the knock code and how they probably have been using it to talk to each other and trying to keep their stories straight among others.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Repeating what I wrote in the Giant Bomb Thread but yeah this game is neat! It's definitely from the guy who made Aisle and Shattered Memories.
It plays more like Aisle but I think hews a lot closer to Shattered Memories plotwise, dude is really interested in the nature of memory/perception/and familial bonds and while it's always cool to see a clear sense of authorship in a video game it sometimes feels like he hews a little too close to just repeating himself.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i think this game's plot such as it is is bad, but the way it's conveyed covers/makes up for the fact that it goes so hard to be "ambiguous" that none of it really lands

it's weird cause i usually like narratives that allow the viewer to draw their own conclusions but it's so nakedly "The ending is what you make of it" it undercuts its own thematic and narrative resonance

that being said i think it's p clear that eve and hannah were the same person. the alternative is an explanation that's so loving absurd and unbelievable it breaks plausibility in half, plus and more importantly the reveal that you're sarah means that just from a convenience angle if hannah and eve were different people she wouldn't need to dig through old interview files to figure out what hannah did (plus, hannah wouldn't have been her mother which makes the reveal that you're sarah not make much sense otherwise)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Toxxupation posted:

that being said i think it's p clear that eve and hannah were the same person. the alternative is an explanation that's so loving absurd and unbelievable it breaks plausibility in half, plus and more importantly the reveal that you're sarah means that just from a convenience angle if hannah and eve were different people she wouldn't need to dig through old interview files to figure out what hannah did (plus, hannah wouldn't have been her mother which makes the reveal that you're sarah not make much sense otherwise)

I think you missed an ambiguity:

Sarah (the player) is EITHER the child that Hannah "miscarried at 8 months" and then gave away for adoption, OR the child that Eve is pregnant with. "Do you understand why your mother did what she did?" could refer to many things: Why she killed Simon, why Hannah put Sarah up for adoption, why Eve put Sarah up for adoption, why Eve covered up for Hannah and made her "disappear", why Hannah/Eve killed her/their parents, why Hannah/Eve killed Florence, etc. There are a lot of things that Hannah/Eve "did" that are not confirmed as real at any point

I would say that both explanations are equally absurd, taking the big picture.

These are all police interrogation videos. Very early on, Hannah says she wants her lawyer and is not going to say another word. If the police believed Hannah and Eve were definitely the same person, no lawyer in the world - even a public defender - would allow the police to question "Eve" without the lawyer present. All that questioning would likely be done by mental health experts, not Detective, and Eve repeatedly addresses the questioner as "Detective"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Thinking on it more I'm turnings more and more against her story I think, I think the game hides its massive, massive narrative flaws via its presentation and specifically nonlinear conceit

It's cool that a heavily authored narrative ends up almost procedurally generated due solely to how a player experiences it, and the fragmenting of the story helps and the fmv was actually good instead of ironically good but the narrative boils down to being one of two things: either it's so stupid and implausible it's unbelievable or absolutely full of plot holes

The big realization was describing this games plot to a friend and realizing how much of a loving idiot I sounded like, and how even justifying why I liked it came across as defensive

Like I don't think her story is like 999, another one of those almost exclusively narrative games, which was and is a piece of poo poo with a terrible story, since the presentation and production values alone set her story apart (also the gameplay of her story is weirdly fun, it's interesting to see how good my seo has developed over the decade plus I've been googling), but her story is a situation where I wish the good performance and strong aesthetic design and smart framing narrative was applied to a plot that wasn't intentionally obtuse nonsense that seeks to intentionally deceive every step of the way

Like you look at memento, which is an utterly beautiful and uniquely presented film that displays its narrative similarly to how her story does, but if it had just been that it wouldn't have been remembered as fondly as it is. Memento used its conceit and reverse chronological progression to tell a strong story, which her story doesn't do at al

Her story is worth five dollars and worth a playthrough but the narrative failures are so striking and so blatantly in service of keeping "ambiguity" that the whole thing just falls apart if you think about it for more than a second, which is one of the chief signs of a weak story

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Toxxupation you should get a job writing Spark Notes

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I really enjoyed the aspect of playing this game, I sat with my partner with a huge whiteboard trying to plot things out. With our notes becoming more and more erratic as the story seemed to spiral in to craziness.

I will agree with Toxxupation that the more you spend thinking about the story the more ridiculous it seems, and the less it seems to be internally consistent. However, discovering the story and was such great fun itself that I cannot be too harsh on the game itself.

Definitely worth purchasing for such a low price.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

precision posted:

I think you missed an ambiguity:

Sarah (the player) is EITHER the child that Hannah "miscarried at 8 months" and then gave away for adoption, OR the child that Eve is pregnant with. "Do you understand why your mother did what she did?" could refer to many things: Why she killed Simon, why Hannah put Sarah up for adoption, why Eve put Sarah up for adoption, why Eve covered up for Hannah and made her "disappear", why Hannah/Eve killed her/their parents, why Hannah/Eve killed Florence, etc. There are a lot of things that Hannah/Eve "did" that are not confirmed as real at any point

I would say that both explanations are equally absurd, taking the big picture.

These are all police interrogation videos. Very early on, Hannah says she wants her lawyer and is not going to say another word. If the police believed Hannah and Eve were definitely the same person, no lawyer in the world - even a public defender - would allow the police to question "Eve" without the lawyer present. All that questioning would likely be done by mental health experts, not Detective, and Eve repeatedly addresses the questioner as "Detective"

I've 100% the game but I don't remember where it was said Hannah's miscarriage was actually an adoption?

Also one of the clips in the last interview Eve says "My sister is gone forever" does that mean Hannah ran away?

Also did Eve make two typos in her knock code? I got "BYDHANNAN" which seems like it should be "BYEHANNAH"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The plot is incredible, but it's fine, it's a fairytale story. Deliberately so. You just have to accept some suspension of disbelief.

I generally accept the twin-explanation as presented, and I assume that it passed the lie detector test at the end. I think going for 'she's just craaazy' weakens the thematic point of the story.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like the twins explanation a lot more for multiple reasons but one of them is because it makes the game feel rather Gothic.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 27, 2015

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

My take on it is that they're the same person, but it's not multiple personality disorder, and Eve is the actual persona. She has, by now, killed everyone who could prove the story conclusively one way or the other: her "foster mother"/midwife; her parents; her husband.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is this game still worth it for the acting and such even if you're not going in blind? Someone didn't use a spoiler tag while talking about it on another site.

Maia
Aug 15, 2003

Sweet.

Justin_Brett posted:

Is this game still worth it for the acting and such even if you're not going in blind? Someone didn't use a spoiler tag while talking about it on another site.

I guess it depends on how much you know? I think knowing the whole story might hinder the experience, because part of the fun was just the discoveries (my boyfriend and I stopped and went, "whoa... what the gently caress?" a bunch of times). But there's a lot of debate over what the story really is so the spoiler you read might not be the way you interpret it anyway.

I guess that was kind of a non-answer. Sorry. But it's five bucks on Steam right now so if you're at all interested you should check it out. I thought it was a cool little experience.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gschmidl posted:

My take on it is that they're the same person, but it's not multiple personality disorder, and Eve is the actual persona. She has, by now, killed everyone who could prove the story conclusively one way or the other: her "foster mother"/midwife; her parents; her husband.

Yeah, the death of the parents in particular is so suspicious as to be read as a given that Eve murdered them - whether or not "Eve" is a distinct biological organism from "Hannah". Murdering them only makes sense if they had discovered her secret.

I think that also the author intended supernatural explanations to be possible for some of the things.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Someone has uploaded a playlist of the entire interviews in order. I've included a non-hyperlinked version in the spoiler below, I found it useful to watch after I had completed the game just to make sure I had as much as possible straight. For God's sake don't click on it if you don't want to be spoiled!

youtube.com/watch?v=iTBICTrd28U

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I just started this and was wondering if anyone has any tips on tagging the videos for easy reference later. Unless that's consider giving too much away, of course.

So far I've come up with a numeric code including the date and time for each clip, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be once i have loads of clips.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Devorum posted:

I just started this and was wondering if anyone has any tips on tagging the videos for easy reference later. Unless that's consider giving too much away, of course.

So far I've come up with a numeric code including the date and time for each clip, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be once i have loads of clips.
Some people have used X/Y coordinates by cross-referencing the video database with the current video you're on. (It's colored yellow)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Maia posted:

I guess it depends on how much you know? I think knowing the whole story might hinder the experience, because part of the fun was just the discoveries (my boyfriend and I stopped and went, "whoa... what the gently caress?" a bunch of times). But there's a lot of debate over what the story really is so the spoiler you read might not be the way you interpret it anyway.

I guess that was kind of a non-answer. Sorry. But it's five bucks on Steam right now so if you're at all interested you should check it out. I thought it was a cool little experience.

Well, specifically the person was asking if she really killed her parents. And then for whatever reason I decided to look at a bunch of the spoiler tags in this thread.

Maybe I didn't want to play it that much to begin with?

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
Gonna throw my opinion in here since I already got all but a handful of videos without spoilers (all but one were the lie detector vids). It's worth 5 bucks. Check it out, find out what you can, and when you get too frustrated/annoyed by digging for new vids or organizing them, just look stuff up or whatever. It's certainly not the best story ever told in games or anything, but I definitely feel it's interesting enough to explore for a couple evenings.

Maia
Aug 15, 2003

Sweet.

Alan BStard posted:

Someone has uploaded a playlist of the entire interviews in order. I've included a non-hyperlinked version in the spoiler below, I found it useful to watch after I had completed the game just to make sure I had as much as possible straight. For God's sake don't click on it if you don't want to be spoiled!

youtube.com/watch?v=iTBICTrd28U

Thank you for this!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I played this with a friend tonight. The biggest issue was how quickly we figured out the main twist, the twins thing, and how similar it was to The Prestige. The black eye story was exactly the same as Christian Bale having to cut off his finger and all that. We started off really interested but about halfway through we'd figured out all the pertinent facts and were just going through the motions of finding more unseen clips, most of which contributed nothing.

So yeah, on the whole we thought it was a neat idea that wasn't so great in execution, but worth checking out.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Honestly I know I'm not going to get this game, but I like the implications of a game like this doing well. Imagine this in a first person view with a little travel and character interaction. Even if it's so simple as chatting somebody up and actually going to some place to look up footage and all that. I don't know, it may be dry but I feel like stuff like that would make such an intriguing game concept so much more full of life.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A neat trick to find videos that you just can't find search terms for:

1) tag all the videos you're watching with whatever you like;

2) search for BLANK, and it'll return all untagged videos.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Another trick I resorted to was just searching for words like "for" or "um" or "like". I found a surprising number of clips I hadn't seen by doing that.

One of the videos you get when searching for "poo poo" is, I think, a blooper: the actress spills coffee on herself and it looks like it wasn't staged, and her going "poo poo!" sounds spontaneous

e: it just occurred to me that the parents may have committed suicide - the father may have cooked food with Death Caps on purpose

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
My reply copied from another thread:

The appunwrapper summary makes the most sense to me. What seems like MPD is the twins playing each other at different times.

Interview 1: June 18, 1994. Eve as Hannah. She has her hair down. There’s no bruise yet, so it makes sense that Eve is playing as Hannah here. Eve introduces herself as Hannah and talks about her husband, Simon Smith, who has gone missing. She hasn’t seen him in days, which is unlike him. She mentions his boss, Eric, and that he works as a glazier for a glass and mirror company. She wants the police to help find Simon, because she’s worried. It’s not like him to disappear.

Interview 2: June 25, 1994. Hannah as Hannah. She has her hair up. She has a bruise on her left cheek. She claims she hit a doorknob (righhhht). It’s more likely that she got it when she killed Simon. But for now, her story is that he went missing and she wants the police to find him.

Interview 3: June 27, 1994. She has her hair down. Eve as Hannah (since the bruise is gone). She talks about the Glasgow trip. It’s possible that Eve is the one who came in for questioning this time since she’s the one who went to Glasgow, not Hannah. That way she could give the details without messing it up. She confuses the side that the bruise was on, as though she were looking at a reflection when she saw it on Hannah’s face. She brushes it off as a fast metabolism, but we’re not supposed to buy that story. She throws up, says it’s morning sickness. She’s pregnant (we learn later that Eve is pregnant).

Interview 4: June 30, 1994. Hannah as Hannah. She has her hair up. She’s wearing short sleeves and there’s no tattoo like we see the next day on Eve. She’s very chatty. She talks about her miscarriage and her parents dying in the same year, 1984. They were poisoned with death cap mushrooms, even though her father was an mushroom expert. It’s heavily implied in the game that Eve killed their parents. Hannah mentions Eve, calls her a childhood friend who she tried to drown at some point. Then scolds herself for talking about Eve.

Interview 5: July 1, 1994. Eve as Hannah. She has her hair down. She starts in a white shirt and spills coffee on herself. She then changes into a short-sleeved t-shirt that reveals a tattoo we’ve never seen before. She claims to have gotten it to express her individuality. It’s of an apple and a snake. She also plays a song on her guitar for the detective. Strange that they would even ask her, but she plays an old ballad called “The Wind and the Rain” about a jealous older sister killing s younger sister. It’s quite a fun, creepy song.

Interview 6: July 2, 1994. Eve as Hannah. She has her hair down. She’s angry here. Perhaps Hannah hasn’t gotten away yet and she’s nervous that they’ll figure out the whole twin thing too soon? She denies being a twin and challenges them to test her fingerprints against Hannah’s. Perhaps she hopes they’re bluffing? She has some harsh words for the detective and storms out like she doesn’t have time for this.

Interview 7: July 3, 1994. She has her hair down. Eve first as Hannah, shortly confessing to be Eve. Eve starts off pretending to be Hannah. But she’s in a good mood, doesn’t seem phased by anything. Her anger from the previous day is gone. It seems Hannah’s gotten away, so she’s very relaxed. Agrees to take a lie detector test and gets all the answers right except for her name (Hannah Smith). It’s possible she did this on purpose because she was eager to tell her story to someone now that Hannah’s gotten away and she feels invincible. So she comes clean, explains the meaning of the tattoo (snake and apple for the forbidden fruit and Garden of Eden). Then she offers to come clean with her whole story, telling about their childhood and how they spent their lives swapping places, pretending to be the same person. There’s no record of Eve’s existence, so she’s basically a ghost. She explains how Hannah married Simon and didn’t want to share him with Eve, but Eve eventually had an affair with him and got pregnant. Simon gave Hannah a mirror for her birthday that was supposed to be one of a kind. But Hannah put on a wig to pretend to be Eve with Simon and he gave her a mirror just like the other one. So Hannah snapped, broke the mirror and slit his throat with the broken glass. Then she called Eve and they hatched this whole plan, where they would change the time on Simon’s watch so it can coincide with a trip to Glasgow. Then Eve would pretend to be Hannah while Hannah got away. And they can’t arrest Eve because she doesn’t legally exist.

Hannah killed Simon and Eve distracted the police while she got away. Since Eve isn’t guilty and there’s no record of her existence, the police can’t arrest her.

MPD is a fun thought experiment but there's too much that throws that off for me.

E: I'll also say I absolutely loved it and think it will make my top 10 for the year. The GB interview was excellent as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The general outline of that is I think correct, but I don't think that Eve is pretending to be Hannah in all those cases. Hannah says she doesn't play guitar, then later she does? In the video where she says Simon guessed her name from her tattoo, she's obviously telling the detectives she's Eve, because "Hannah" has nothing to do with an apple and a snake. Also, again, early on Hannah asks for a lawyer and shuts up, so I think the interviews after that are of her saying "I'm Eve, even though there's no record of me".

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
It's super interesting. Definitely feels like the general story arc could be found in Grimm's Fairy Tales.

E: I'll recommend the interview on Giant Bomb with the creator too. It's a great conversation. You can listen to it before you finish the game, but I just waited until I was done.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 28, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

precision posted:

Another trick I resorted to was just searching for words like "for" or "um" or "like". I found a surprising number of clips I hadn't seen by doing that.

One of the videos you get when searching for "poo poo" is, I think, a blooper: the actress spills coffee on herself and it looks like it wasn't staged, and her going "poo poo!" sounds spontaneous

e: it just occurred to me that the parents may have committed suicide - the father may have cooked food with Death Caps on purpose

The spilled coffee is actually part of the interview, it's why she changes from a white shirt to a blue tee and sets up the tattoo plot-point

It's possible that it's suicide but it makes more sense that Eve did it because she was living attic in the time and the parents may have either found out about her or more likely she was trying to get Hannah to move back in.

Maia
Aug 15, 2003

Sweet.

Scott Forstall posted:

My reply copied from another thread:

The appunwrapper summary makes the most sense to me.

E: I'll also say I absolutely loved it and think it will make my top 10 for the year. The GB interview was excellent as well.

I totally agree with this summary of events. Even though I dig that we can debate about it.

(edited out the rest of your post in case someone asks you to tag it all, but I do agree)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

that reminds me- that actress they got to play the main character was surprisingly good but jesus christ her space work was terrible, I haven't seen someone pretend to drink coffee that badly since like...gently caress, i dunno, a budget usa show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Toxxupation posted:

that reminds me- that actress they got to play the main character was surprisingly good but jesus christ her space work was terrible, I haven't seen someone pretend to drink coffee that badly since like...gently caress, i dunno, a budget usa show?

What do you mean isnt this how human drink coffee

Also, judging by her sight lines, I'm guessing there were at least 2 officers interviewing her, probably more given how much she looks back and forth.

• Locked thread