Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
TNA is fine. Everything is fine. Praise the King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett and the future TNA/GFW supershows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mercury Crusader posted:

TNA is fine. Everything is fine. Praise the King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett and the future TNA/GFW supershows!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They have 5 weeks of tv already in the can. They know this isn't going anywhere and there's no continuation of this, that there's absolutely no follow up. And yet still they persist.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Skinty McEdger posted:

They have 5 weeks of tv already in the can. They know this isn't going anywhere and there's no continuation of this, that there's absolutely no follow up. And yet still they persist.

TNAMecca is a NO SPOILERS ZONE so maybe they really don't know

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Yes, the whole GFW thing has been an elaborate work to get DubbleJeh his old belt back.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Reminder that these were the same people who were positive that there would be an ROH invasion when they came to the channel as well.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pisscasters, have you considered rebranding your podcast after you hit episode 100 in the next few weeks?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has there ever been an invasion that was actually good? I guess CZW/ROH?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

new new new world order

Also I love Suzuki-gun's current invasion of NOAH, but I'll proudly admit I'm biased in favor of anything involving Cranky Old Man Suzuki.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suzuki-gun was great if only for that postshow bit where they tossed all the company's belts on the table one-by-one

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

New Japan/UWFI?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Suzuki-gun was great if only for that postshow bit where they tossed all the company's belts on the table one-by-one

Also Suzuki getting annoyed when KES put down the NWA Tag Titles, making them take them away.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He probably could've gone during the 5-7 minutes of dead air in the middle of the show.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Out of interest, what are your guys thought's on the r/squaredcirle community?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CoolCat posted:

r/squaredcirclejerk is funnier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

reddit is bad

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

CoolCat posted:

It gave us the MetsFan banishment saga so its inherently good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The R/SQUAREDCIRCLE community!?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

epitasis posted:

reddit is bad

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
bring back MetsFan

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

sticklefifer posted:

The R/SQUAREDCIRCLE community!?

Get rid of 'em

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

bring back MetsFan

He's still around, he's just now a joke in the MMA subreddit

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I try not to visit the 10th most popular website in the United States, tyvm

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

mariooncrack posted:

New Japan/UWFI?

New Japan/UWF was good, I don't think New Japan/UWFI resulted in very many good matches.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Meltzer being worked about the relationship between Destination America and TNA? Trust. The. Process.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Spermgod posted:

I don't think New Japan/UWFI resulted in very many good matches.

Hashimoto/Takada loving ruled.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Hashimoto/Takada loving ruled.

yeah uhh i should probably watch that one

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Meltzer being worked about the relationship between Destination America and TNA? Trust. The. Process.

It would be the most ridiculous carny bullshit to think that a television network would get involved in a worked storyline involving three wrestling companies solely to support a tv show that they've already moved time slots and cut all extra content for

so yeah it's totally happening. destination america are working the boys - disco inferno, 2015

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Spermgod posted:

yeah uhh i should probably watch that one

It's great. Stiff as hell, nuclear crowd heat, and doesn't overstay its welcome at all.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I like that he doesn't seem to think through what having 400,000 viewers who will not ever drop TNA says about the quality of the show. "It doesn't matter what dumb poo poo TNA pull, there's all these diehards who'll watch it! They don't have anything to lose from being fuckheads, because professionalism and quality isn't important to us!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How soon until TNAMecca is Jonestown

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ayn rand hand job posted:

How soon until TNAMecca is Jonestown

Jim Jones drew money, lots of it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

holy poo poo

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

CoolCat posted:

I've never seen such a large hivemind of uneducated wrestling fans in one area. It's a good place to see any big breaking news items and top stories of the day, but the comment sections are usually a collection of people who have been watching wrestling for 2 years and barely have a working knowledge of wrestling pre-2005. It's almost like a collection of people who have learned everything they know about wrestling from WWE-documentaries and Michael Cole's commentary. All of this wouldn't be too bad and just reflective of yet another garbage wrestling community, but the self-fellatio factor over there is through the loving roof.

And remember, if you don't absent mindedly watch every episode of wrestling cheering your little heart out at how amazing it is, you're taking it too seriously and ruining it for others.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

r/squaredcircle is a pretty good page as long as you never read past the headline

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

Mob posted:

r/squaredcircle is a pretty good page as long as you never read past the headline

Gotta agree. I've joined that community twice, only to quit it a couple of hours later...

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

:stare:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

CoolCat posted:

Reddit is inherently a terrible format for fast-moving discussion as anything new gets lost in the huge void. Squared Circle is too broad, so they have a weird spoiler format - even if it's been on TV, it's still a spoiler and thread titles can be as descriptive as you like, as long as there's no explicit spoilers. "What's the biggest win for a debuting wrestler [spoilers]" the day after Owens hammers Cena is literally fine.

The community seems to be full of teenagers, with the lack of perspective and piles of self-confidence that come with it. It's a decent enough place to pick up on the headlines, but the discussion is piss weak. It's not worth disagreeing, as downvoting is always an easier option than forming an argument.

It's incredibly drama-led too, with page after page of tedious procedure and process chat. Fun.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

:drat: