Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just woke up so I've got nothing to really say, but I did want to point out that the deadline on the votecounter is wrong. It says June 01 when it should be June 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sundays a real slow day for mafia, it'll pick up tonight/tomorrow

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

Sundays a real slow day for mafia, it'll pick up tonight/tomorrow

Oh I figured as much, some people go out on the weekends. I'll be heading out in a few hours myself.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I just woke up so I've got nothing to really say, but I did want to point out that the deadline on the votecounter is wrong. It says June 01 when it should be June 29.

You have 1 year to make a choice

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You have 1 year to make a choice

But it says June 01, 2015. Do we have one year to invent a time machine?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TMMadman posted:

Omae wa hangderu

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poison Mushroom posted:

Omae wa hangderu

Is that what Kenshiro says when you are already dead?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

imgay posted:

Is that what Kenshiro says when you are already dead?
It's "shinderu". At first, I said "lynchderu" to make the joke more obvious, then realized that we're trying to not use that word any more. By the time I realized I was being stupid and I'd be better off just using the original quote, it was too late to ninja edit again.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUzAJIhjbrI

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Omae wa hangderu

I had to look this up because I don't get anime references since I am :corsair:

But aren't we all?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I had to look this up because I don't get anime references since I am :corsair:

But aren't we all?

SOMEONE WILL BE BY THE END OF THE DAY, BROTHER

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

SOMEONE WILL BE BY THE END OF THE DAY, BROTHER

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN SWOLFIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN SWOLFIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?

cry, mostly

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Yup that AnonNarco vote is a ~*BAD VOTE*~ as well.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eight Dollars, are you scum?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Eight Dollars, are you scum?

Nope!

I have feelings about those votes. That's my gut!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That explanation seems unrelated to the question

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
8BUX HAS BEEN PINGING ME AS SCUMMY AS WELL, BROTHER!

JOKEPHASE IS DONE LET'S DUNK A SCUM ##VOTE 8BUX

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

That explanation seems unrelated to the question

How so? I'm not scum and my thoughts re: the PMach imgay vote, the PMush Maniac vote and the Anon imgay vote strike me the wrong way because they are super easy - basically policy votes for shitposting in a thread where other stuff has happened and then sticking on them. I'd consider the Met Hiip vote to be the same, except he's moved on in a way I think is okay.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

To be fair and to clarify the PMush vote isn't a policy vote on a shitposter, but is a bad case on awkward newguyness I think.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

How so? I'm not scum and my thoughts re: the PMach imgay vote, the PMush Maniac vote and the Anon imgay vote strike me the wrong way because they are super easy - basically policy votes for shitposting in a thread where other stuff has happened and then sticking on them. I'd consider the Met Hiip vote to be the same, except he's moved on in a way I think is okay.

that's not what I was talking about though, it's non sequitur

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Oh, I thought you were asking in response to me calling AnonNarc's vote on imgay a bad vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A little defensive!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Quit bullying me!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-K9CTQHhY

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Eight Dollars posted:

Yup that AnonNarco vote is a ~*BAD VOTE*~ as well.

I wouldn't say it's a bad vote, but it's definitely not a GOOD vote. Do you have something better?

Tbh after playing a few games with imgay I wouldn't mind him out regardless of his alignment because he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. *This is my personal opinion based on experience please don't come at me for a bad argument. I don't care.*

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That's my feeling as well. That's why I put my D1 vote on diqnol in hiphopfia and stuck to it; he was being verbose and unproductive and aggressive. I got lynched. He ended up being scum and--did you guys read that earlier today? With Hurt and Hal? What a cool final play. But he was loving scum.

I'm not well-versed enough to know if this is policy or meta, but my thinking is that the shitposting is really counterproductive and for a D1 vote, I don't know what else to put out there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

8BUX HAS BEEN PINGING ME AS SCUMMY AS WELL, BROTHER!

JOKEPHASE IS DONE LET'S DUNK A SCUM ##VOTE 8BUX

i'd dunk 8$

Propaganda Machine posted:

That's my feeling as well. That's why I put my D1 vote on diqnol in hiphopfia and stuck to it; he was being verbose and unproductive and aggressive. I got lynched. He ended up being scum and--did you guys read that earlier today? With Hurt and Hal? What a cool final play. But he was loving scum.

I'm not well-versed enough to know if this is policy or meta, but my thinking is that the shitposting is really counterproductive and for a D1 vote, I don't know what else to put out there.

sorry about that~

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Birthday to me! :toot:

I have no idea what's going to happen today, so I'm just going to watch. ##unvote

I guess no matter what, it's going there will be a birthday bloodbath!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

can we get this show on the road

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

happy birthday!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Madman, the worst thing you can do is just watch. Even if you're wrong, try to see who you think is being insincere or unreasonable, or who might have weird motivations for doing what they're doing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, I mean that more as just a standard expression. I didn't mean I would actually just sit here and do nothing.

It's only 9am and there are 11 hours left until night falls over this thread and the hunt really begins.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

so if you had to pick someone from the thread who seemed most suspicious and insincere, who would it be

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay so right now there's 4 votes for imgay and 4 for PMush.

I think the imgay reasoning Narc gives is probably pretty accurate.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tbh after playing a few games with imgay I wouldn't mind him out regardless of his alignment because he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. *This is my personal opinion based on experience please don't come at me for a bad argument. I don't care.*
How do you case someone that just poo poo posts, and even if they're town, how are they going to help?

That's basically the same reasoning Met gave to vote HiipFire. PMush got some crap for trying to vote Madman. I didn't agree with that vote either because first I didn't see it and second he's a new player! But I had more questions about this post from PMush:

Poison Mushroom posted:

On one hand, I don't like the way Met just jumps in and immediately pushes a policy lynch.

On the other hand, it is a weekend deadline, and those are notoriously lovely. I disagree with the who right now, but finding someone to start voting is probably a good idea.
Basically she disagreed with the vote, while acknowledging that we needed to find a target basically right away. That's trying to have it both ways, and while not exactly a direct contradiction, she ended up targeting a new player for being overly jokey. Is that really a better way to vote? I guess it could just be an attempt to create content rather than going for a policy vote but it seemed a bit odd.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

even if imgay *was* solely a shitposter, that doesn't mean he's impossible to read

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's lazy meta voting that lets scum sit another day without having to worry about cases being developed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Actually I'm wondering, Narc could have meant something even more when she said he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. Like does he just vote for whatever the hell instead of trying to help town? Like actively voting weird ways for laughs? I haven't read his games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oh imgay is here. You can probably answer, I've never seen any of your games, does Narc mean you gently caress stuff up or is she just talking about your posting style?

• Locked thread