Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I usually play pretty seriously. I just like to hav e fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

so if you had to pick someone from the thread who seemed most suspicious and insincere, who would it be

That seems like a pretty loaded question to ask a new player on day 1. First of all, as of right now, everyone is equally suspicious. Secondly, I don't feel like sincerity is a good way to judge someone since I'm sure that scum players would be quite sincere in wanting to lynch town players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

That seems like a pretty loaded question to ask a new player on day 1. First of all, as of right now, everyone is equally suspicious. Secondly, I don't feel like sincerity is a good way to judge someone since I'm sure that scum players would be quite sincere in wanting to lynch town players.

It's not loaded at all

scum inherently are insincere because they are arguing for the lynch of a player they know is not scum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm honestly not feeling the imgay dunk. It's better than nothing (I am and always have been very against the idea of a D1 no lynch), but it feels very lazy and kinda faked. My understanding of the "case" on him is that he's a perpetual null read/shitposter, so nothing is lost with his death. And maybe this is the pot calling the kettle black after my deal with Taste, but I feel like that's a total bullshit reason to vote him.

It sounds like something scum would go along with for an easy, no accountability town kill. "Oh, there was no way he could ever contribute anyways".

I'm gonna take a closer look at the people voting him once I'm not on mobile. I recommend that others do the same.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia Edit: Speaking of no lynches, what's up, Taste? Did someone finally convince you against the idea of it while I was gone?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Actually I'm wondering, Narc could have meant something even more when she said he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. Like does he just vote for whatever the hell instead of trying to help town? Like actively voting weird ways for laughs? I haven't read his games

imgay contributed to making asiina quit mafia for a month or two in Wild and Crazy Kids because he just idiotically went along with what his friend (who was SK) told him to do instead of actually trying to figure the game out for himself, and Anarc was following that game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mafia Edit: Speaking of no lynches, what's up, Taste? Did someone finally convince you against the idea of it while I was gone?

I can't recall if I discussed it itt but in setups likely to be more vanilla it's not as advantageous

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

imgay contributed to making asiina quit mafia for a month or two in Wild and Crazy Kids because he just idiotically went along with what his friend (who was SK) told him to do instead of actually trying to figure the game out for himself, and Anarc was following that game.

nobody *made* her quit mafia, that's unfair

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

this is a bullshit semantic post, why bother making it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Between reading that thread and what happened in DBZ Mafia, I'm kind of glad I left for a while when I did. Asiina really got the poo poo end of the stick.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a bullshit semantic post, why bother making it

because you're blaming a poster in this game with a real possibility of getting lynched for bullshit that isn't his fault

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I respect that you stick up for people you like, and see that it's not a scum tell from Quandary's game, but it's bad business

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

because you're blaming a poster in this game with a real possibility of getting lynched for bullshit that isn't his fault

:shrug:

if imgay doesn't want to develop a reputation as a shitposter that makes the games he's in worse, he should maybe not earn it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that assumes sa mafia posters are a rational and reasonable group wrt impressions of people

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You are being very ancillary towards me despite never having a conversation with me. I feel grossly misrepresented by you at this moment.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I like imgay and I think that policy lynching him just because he's in this game is dumb

he's definitely no Harold Krell

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ancillary?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

HiipFire posted:

I like imgay and I think that policy lynching him just because he's in this game is dumb

he's definitely no Harold Krell

Yeah, but PMush is the other person with votes at the moment, and she's been scumhunting more than anybody else so far.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, but PMush is the other person with votes at the moment, and she's been scumhunting more than anybody else so far.

I also agree, both of these lynches are rear end

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I do not agree with this interpretation

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PMush's content has been ridiculously insincere.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would prefer to keep my vote where it is, but in a situation where Eight Dollars was a viable option I would consider moving it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I do not agree with this interpretation

I agree with this. But I don't want to vote pmush today she just came back.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd also ask people to look at Allen.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom posted:

PMush's content has been ridiculously insincere.

idk I think PMush is always very sincere in her posts, but they always seem to go one step too far in their logic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, looking into posts, and here's my initial thoughts on everyone voting Imgay:

Chic Trombone: See below.
PropMach: First one to push the "shitposting" imgay vote. This post in particular kind of clears PropMach in my eyes. It's not a reason I agree with, but it's a reason I understand, can sympathize with, and definitely see as town thinking.
ANarc: Votes imgay for not contributing, but also isn't contributing. There's more to the vote than that, it's also a policy dunk, but that doesn't exactly work in Narc's favor. Would vote.
Garthoneeye: Garth has made exactly one serious post, and that post was a vote on imgay. I'd prefer not to dunk Garth right now just because with that level of activity, it's even odds he might just get replaced.

Chic, you're great, but I'm pretty sure you're scum. :ohdear:

Chic Trombone posted:

yo garth fyi you gotta bold your votes like so (##vote imgay) for them to be seen by our robotic overlord votefinder
This is the post where Chic's vote comes from. She justifies it because he scumclaimed here and, incidentally, included her in his "my scum team is". I don't know if that's relevant, but it's worth mentioning.

The rest of Chic's posts follow a theme of "it's D1, there's no good votes", and generally just trying to coast through. Kind of a null read, because there isn't much there to read.

Chic Trombone posted:

i have bad news for you my friend. it turns out, jokephase died already

please let it rest in peace
This post, however, is what turns me over from "null read" to "scum player laying low". In the course of one game-day, she's A) made a serious vote. B) stated that there are no good D1 votes, and C) made a jokephase post, in that order. She's not addressing any of the other cases, (except one post about my vote on TMMachine), and hasn't even said anything more about her own vote. The sequence of events from "make a real vote" (because of a scumclaim, remember) to "go back to goofing off" makes me feel like she doesn't actually believe in the vote she's making. That, in turn, leads me to believe that she doesn't actually believe in her vote.

So...

##vote Chic Trombone for giving a lazy but 'serious' vote that I feel like she doesn't honestly believe in.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't like Allen's content, especially the way he jumped on PMush (he said "I see what you're saying" after she made a different, even scummier, post than the one I was sniping at), but I don't think it's votable. PMush>8$>KB for me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

Allen was pretty out of it earlier, when he didn't understand PMom's post and PMom asked if he was even reading the thread. Besides that, there's not much to read. Not much content from Chic either.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chic is a notorious D1-no-effort-giver.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

I agree with this. But I don't want to vote pmush today she just came back.

VOTE 8BUX WITH ME, BROTHER

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia Edit: makes me feel like she doesn't actually believe in the vote she's making. That, in turn, leads me to believe that she doesn't actually believe her own words.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was a joke vote imo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

PropMach: First one to push the "shitposting" imgay vote. This post in particular kind of clears PropMach in my eyes. It's not a reason I agree with, but it's a reason I understand, can sympathize with, and definitely see as town thinking.

I get a bad feeling from this

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

VOTE 8BUX WITH ME, BROTHER

Sell me on 8.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

It was a joke vote imo.
Like I think Chic is happy to leave her vote where it is, but the way she made it as part of an explanation of how to vote, and said he "scum claimed," was just jokes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

It was a joke vote imo.
The problem with that is that she was immediately asked if it was a real vote by Prop Mach.

Chic Trombone posted:

bruh scumclaimed, so

And that's the last thing she says about her vote at all.

It's not a jokevote, just a lazy one.

Fast Luck posted:

Like I think Chic is happy to leave her vote where it is, but the way she made it as part of an explanation of how to vote, and said he "scum claimed," was just jokes.
Then why hasn't she justified it? Honestly, if she's doing that, it's even worse for her, because then she's bandwagoning without any reason at all.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It was a jokevote and I haven't found a more compelling case yet so I haven't moved my vote

I don't think it's that hard to understand

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

where'd u come from :eyepop:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

ALSO: It's not bandwagoning if you're the first person to vote for a thing and then a bandwagon happens after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

even worse, it's bandleading!

• Locked thread