Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I literally just got online like half an hour ago hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't understand that as I am PLUGGED IN

ALL THE TIME

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

even worse, it's bandleading!

i guess that makes me the drum major!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can't understand that as I am PLUGGED IN

ALL THE TIME

same

(it would be nice if we were joking :ohdear:)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

(except one post about my vote on TMMachine)

I'm phone posting, so I'm not going to go into depth on anything until I get home later, but I did want to take a minute to say that this name mistake amused me because I just watched 'Fury' the other day.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Sadly I'm not able to access the Internet at all at work, so I'm sorry for generally being quiet.

I still have no opinion about who is scum or not because I don't know how to tell who's insincere or not without anything actually happening. I don't know how people typically post and it feels like a major disadvantage.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DaisyDanger posted:

Sadly I'm not able to access the Internet at all at work, so I'm sorry for generally being quiet.

I still have no opinion about who is scum or not because I don't know how to tell who's insincere or not without anything actually happening. I don't know how people typically post and it feels like a major disadvantage.

look to whether you think something is a reasonable opinion or interpretation for a person to have. Look to see why someone might want what they're advocating aside from what they're saying. Lastly vote early and often~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Just reread this post, in which PMush strains to justify her vote on Taste while trying to present it as something she has to do because gosh he's the vote leader and what are you going to do this close to deadline, over and over until it becomes clear.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, so out of about seventy posts, a good quarter of them are a slap fight between KB and Taste.

I'm more inclined to side with KB here, if it comes to that. Not only is Taste being incredibly over the top, he's doing so in a way that makes the game less fun for the rest of us, and sets a bad example for the new players.

So, in a situation where I have to choose between two possible D1 votes with no real read on either of them, I'm going for the one who makes the game actively less enjoyable to play.

##vote Taste

Engage Ecco Gambit.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

imgay posted:

It's lazy meta voting that lets scum sit another day without having to worry about cases being developed.

This is my point on all that! They're arguing for someone to be dunked not because they're scum, but because they might possibly hurt town in the future, also they don't really make a distinction why specifically imgay vs. Hiip (who is just as much of a jokester).

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

That said since literally nobody is agreeing with me on PMach.

##vote PMush

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I still don't know how to play internet mafia. I hadn't really gotten a good read on anyone, so I made a vote on Imgay to see if it pulls him towards more productive posting, figuring if it didn't and he got killed it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Now, however, I'm leaning towards Poison, but I still don't really know.

##unvote

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I haven't really liked the reasoning of any of PMush's posting but I've so consistently been stumped by it (especially her interpretation of Chic's posting) that I now think she just sees things differently than I do. I'd rather vote for Allen right now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah, you think her entire posting is bad and incomprehensible, which means she's town

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ah, you think her entire posting is bad and incomprehensible, which means she's town

Is that a PMush thing?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well that's no reason to think she's town that's true. But it does sort of change the read to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Is that a PMush thing?

I'm saying that progression doesn't make sense to me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

imgay contributed to making asiina quit mafia for a month or two in Wild and Crazy Kids because he just idiotically went along with what his friend (who was SK) told him to do instead of actually trying to figure the game out for himself, and Anarc was following that game.

This is more what I was thinking of than just the fact that imgay poo poo posts. He lost the game for town based on the fact that 1. The SK was his friend and 2. "Asiina was ruder to me this game." This was after Asiina spent about 10 pages explaining exactly who was the SK and why.

I don't trust him to play with town's best interests in mind, even if that's his given alignment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Having actually just read that mess yall need to cut the salt outta your diets gat dam

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is more what I was thinking of than just the fact that imgay poo poo posts. He lost the game for town based on the fact that 1. The SK was his friend and 2. "Asiina was ruder to me this game." This was after Asiina spent about 10 pages explaining exactly who was the SK and why.

I don't trust him to play with town's best interests in mind, even if that's his given alignment.

But that friend isn't in this game and there's no real reason to think he'll do that again?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey I just found another example of imgay playing like poo poo.

He completely made something up which everyone jumped on and it was really only luck that he did actually hit scum with his lie

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who loving cares, read this game instead

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
this is the greatest play i've ever seen in my life eat poo poo anonnarc

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

Who loving cares, read this game instead

I am defending my vote. It's meta, yes, but there's not much to go on day 1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your defense is that you're policy voting someone off of salt rather than reading the game and making a valuable vote

Smh

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Your defense is that you're policy voting someone off of salt rather than reading the game and making a valuable vote

Smh

I read the game and thought imgay was the best vote available. I can see the reasoning on PMush, but the fact remains that imgay has done nothing to change my mind. Reading his prior games after the fact is....illuminating..., but it's not why I voted for him in the first place, and I'd still get rid of somebody who contributes nothing over somebody who's trying.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's not the case though, he's contributing more than a decent number of players

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's not the case though, he's contributing more than a decent number of players

He (jokingly, to be fair) scumclaimed, and posted a link to a Brass Eye video, which is not a contribution to be ignored. He also called the votes against him lazy.

But the thing is, it's hard to blame people for not having much to say right now. Is there another content-free poster you'd rather lynch, or are you really that confident against PMush?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rereading everything, Poison comes off super-scattershot with the reasonings. Almost every post contains some argument that doesn't quite make sense to me.

##vote Poison

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Clearly none of you have ever played with PMush before

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Can we maybe accelerate to the end of this representation of "hiip pooh-poohs reasons to vote people one by one" to the part where there are people you think are okay to vote for?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
But, like,

Fast Luck posted:

I haven't really liked the reasoning of any of PMush's posting but I've so consistently been stumped by it (especially her interpretation of Chic's posting) that I now think she just sees things differently than I do. I'd rather vote for Allen right now.

I kind of agree with this. Her logic is ridiculous, but it feels genuine. Wouldn't she build a more solid, 100% bullshit case if she were scum? She's making cases but she's not really pushing them.

Then again, she could just be throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

Hmm.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can we maybe accelerate to the end of this representation of "hiip pooh-poohs reasons to vote people one by one" to the part where there are people you think are okay to vote for?
I would have if I had any, there's a reason I haven't put a vote down yet

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I can't speak from previous games, but in this game something seems weird from Poison.

I agree that it doesn't feel like it would be a strong scum play, but it certainly doesn't seem like it supports town.

Maybe she got caught in a bad early argument and she is spiraling until she finds an argument that people buy?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo. Why are people basing their votes on previous games played. The only thing that should matter in this thread is content in this thread. Policy voting metacasing opinions on previous games don't matter and you are just adding noise to the thread. Stop it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

HiipFire posted:

Clearly none of you have ever played with PMush before
:iceburn:

Propaganda Machine posted:

She's making cases but she's not really pushing them.
Honestly, I was pretty much resigned to being the D1 dunk the moment Taste started to really put a lot of pressure on me. He's wrong (or just scum), but he's persuasive. So, I figured the best thing to do was just to get all my thoughts out on the table, and hope that some small part of them would be vindicated, or at least useful, after my flip. I believe in each of the votes I've made, and would follow through on any of them, but I don't realistically expect any of them to actually become the majority.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, turns out I'm somewhere on the autism spectrum, so all those games I spent being frustrated by my apparent inability to make an accurate read at least make a little bit more sense, now. I'd like to think that I've still got a shot at being good at Mafia, though. Just gonna be a bit of an uphill battle. :j:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well gently caress. That actually seems reasonable.
##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

this is the greatest play i've ever seen in my life eat poo poo anonnarc

Whoa man, is that necessary? Ease up.

• Locked thread