Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What are some lame rear end french words we can turn into cooler sounding english equivalents?

I'll start off with one. Sous Vide

satchel bombing? water smoking? bag boiling?

I kind of like water smoking myself it has a neat name. anyway, lets have some fun and I think you get the theme of the thread (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
we already call it 'puddling' which is kind of a nice rustic southern sounding term

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bain marie- Hot bowl

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
immersion heating is accurate and to the point.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

mise en place- bunch of stuff

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If "sous vide" had an english name I bet a lot fewer people would care about it that's for sure

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

What are some lame rear end french words we can turn into cooler sounding english equivalents?

I'll start off with one. Sous Vide

satchel bombing? water smoking? bag boiling?

I kind of like water smoking myself it has a neat name. anyway, lets have some fun and I think you get the theme of the thread (:
how about "lovely poster"? or "pointless troll"? pretty sure that's what sous vide means in english.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MasterFugu posted:

how about "lovely poster"? or "pointless troll"? pretty sure that's what sous vide means in english.

you should consider ending it all

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:salt:

MasterFugu posted:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MasterFugu posted:

don't sign your posts

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MasterFugu posted:

also i made a pretty funny premise for a thread that people were enjoying and then you came in here and trashed the idea

they call that trolling

you are what you eat, bucko :smugdog:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

you are what you eat, bucko :smugdog:
is that why you're a lovely troll?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MasterFugu posted:

Have you ever considered not reading or participating in threads that upset you? If you're going to seethe with rage just don't read the thread dude. Nobody is going to benefit from you angry posting all the time.

:gb2fyad:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MasterFugu posted:

Your username is really appropriate because your posting is like thread poison, and it would take some sort of expert to extract any good posts you've ever made

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 30, 2015

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Have you ever considered not making or participating in threads that are literal garbage? If you're going to shitpost just don't . Nobody is going to benefit from you poo poo posting all the time.

:gb2gbs:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

MasterFugu posted:

Just because he's a Farscape fan doesn't necessarily mean he's a troll, dude.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

proof of concept posted:

Your username is really appropriate because your posting is like thread poison, and it would take some sort of expert to extract any good posts you've ever made

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

:owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

:dogbutton: :dogbutton: :dogbutton: :dogbutton: :dogbutton: :dogbutton:

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp

proof of concept posted:

:aaaaa:

:drat:

:iceburn:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

proof of concept posted:

:jerky:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:redass:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

MasterFugu posted:

Have you ever considered not making or participating in threads that are literal garbage? If you're going to shitpost just don't . Nobody is going to benefit from you poo poo posting all the time.

:gb2gbs:

I don't think literally means what you think it means.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

lmfao check out the backpedaling now

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

getting prickly

you don't have to puff yourself up, I'm not gonna eat you

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

proof of concept posted:

getting prickly

you don't have to puff yourself up, I'm not gonna eat you
of course not, you can hit up fetus tree for some of his shitcoated troll delight. :greencube:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Did you sous-vide those chips first?

e: Puddle them.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MasterFugu posted:

of course not, you can hit up fetus tree for some of his shitcoated troll delight. :greencube:

A guy posts in a thread where everybody is having fun and insults the OP.

That guy then calls the OP a troll.

Nobody in the thread is agreeing with the guy.

Guy honestly doesn't understand he is the lovely poster and troll.

Your lack of self awareness is astounding dude. Grow the gently caress up. Maybe when you graduate high school you'll look back on this period in your life with some shame.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

Did you sous-vide those chips first?

e: Puddle them.
that is actually jerky according to the smilie code(:jerky:), so not really as jerky is dehydrated.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MasterFugu posted:

edit: I feel that I should clarify for fugu's sake that no, it does not. He is captain america, and the a stands for america :911:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MasterFugu posted:

that is actually jerky according to the smilie code(:jerky:), so not really as jerky is dehydrated.

I had this jerky once that was still really moist and fatty, it was delicious. I prefer my standard flat strip of Old Dutch though, in the gold foil wrappers. That poo poo is so dang tasty.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

proof of concept posted:

edit: I feel that I should clarify for fugu's sake that no, it does not. He is captain america, and the a stands for america :911:
France doesn't begin with the letter A, hth!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I had this jerky once that was still really moist and fatty, it was delicious. I prefer my standard flat strip of Old Dutch though, in the gold foil wrappers. That poo poo is so dang tasty.
Greggman's jerky is pretty good, though sorta pricy. personally i can't stand grocery store jerky, it all tastes like the way dog food smells.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MasterFugu posted:

well that is true

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

MasterFugu posted:

assclown does

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MasterFugu posted:

Is this the best you can do? you're not even loving trying

vv you're going to give youself ulcers from stress :( vv

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

E: ^^ that would require trying :greencube:

Hell Yeah posted:

assclown does
so does apathetic.

proof of concept posted:

Is this the best you can do? you're not even loving trying
obviously

Elizabethan Error fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 30, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MasterFugu posted:

so does apathetic.
obviously

You need to go see a therapist and get on meds, stat.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MasterFugu posted:

Greggman's jerky is pretty good, though sorta pricy. personally i can't stand grocery store jerky, it all tastes like the way dog food smells.

I buy my jerky from the gas station but its pretty expensive these days so I don't bother. Plus since I did my invisalign braces there's like a gap between my bottom left molar and my wisdom and its just like the perfect size for jerky or a piece of pork to get stuck in. Definitely makes me floss more these days, though I guess that's a good thing. Really annoying to get a sharp salty piece of jerky stuck in my jaw like that, ruins my day.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

You need to go see a therapist and get on meds, stat.
:greencube:

Charles Bukowski posted:

I buy my jerky from the gas station but its pretty expensive these days so I don't bother. Plus since I did my invisalign braces there's like a gap between my bottom left molar and my wisdom and its just like the perfect size for jerky or a piece of pork to get stuck in. Definitely makes me floss more these days, though I guess that's a good thing. Really annoying to get a sharp salty piece of jerky stuck in my jaw like that, ruins my day.
have you tried floss picks? there's ones with extra strong floss that doesn't break if you look at it sideways.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I hope I'm not the only person that eats my jerky raw while I'm dehydrating it but after I've marinated it 'cause holy gently caress it's so good in that transitional state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jesus Christ posted:

I hope I'm not the only person that eats my jerky raw while I'm dehydrating it but after I've marinated it 'cause holy gently caress it's so good in that transitional state
what marinade are you using?

• Locked thread