Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

At first I thought she might be an actual footy player but then she helicoptered it from 20 meters out

She is a footy player - http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/loca...7-1226821807119

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah he's definitely going to end up looking like his old man. I mean you've got people like Holland or Everitt who finished up in the AFL a decade ago and they're still looking fairly trim.

Ol' Nathan Thompson still looking fit and firing as well

How the gently caress did she kick 100 goals

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 30, 2015

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

thepokey posted:

Campbell Brown looks terrible for someone who has only just recently retired.

Apparently he's planning on swimming the English channel so has put on a bunch of weight to help with that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

Apparently he's planning on swimming the English channel so has put on a bunch of weight to help with that.
A likely story.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Whatever happened to Wirrpanda's political aspirations

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
ross lyon has met with carlton's coaching committee

called it

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

ross lyon has met with carlton's coaching committee

called it

If this eventuates it will be the most hilarious thing to ever happen in football.

e: I think I have a problem

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 30, 2015

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hiddenmovement posted:

At first I thought she might be an actual footy player but then she helicoptered it from 20 meters out

Because for some reason the game ball wasn't a Sherrin. It was a loving Burley.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Gough Suppressant posted:

If this eventuates it will be the most hilarious thing to ever happen in football.

Swap the team and the format and this is literally what my dad does.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Why is there a folder for the bye? That would only have something in it for the collectors of Port games.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Corzaa posted:

Because for some reason the game ball wasn't a Sherrin. It was a loving Burley.

Probably why Rocca was spraying all his torps, too

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

hiddenmovement posted:

Whatever happened to Wirrpanda's political aspirations

I know this doesn't stop most politicians, but he admitted he got done for DD recently (incident happened 9 years ago), which I think would unfortunately confirm most terrible white Western Australian's stereotypes of indigenous people and might hurt his chances at getting elected.

He tried in 2013 for the federal senate with the Nationals (:wtc:), and looks like he might go again:
http://www.nationalswa.com/TheTeam/FederalElectionCandidates/DavidWirrpanda.aspx

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

thepokey posted:

Why is there a folder for the bye? That would only have something in it for the collectors of Port games.

Makes it less confusing when I go back to them so I immediately know what the week I'm missing was rather than checking footywire for our draw that year

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Spedman posted:

I know this doesn't stop most politicians, but he admitted he got done for DD recently (incident happened 9 years ago), which I think would unfortunately confirm most terrible white Western Australian's stereotypes of indigenous people and might hurt his chances at getting elected.

He tried in 2013 for the federal senate with the Nationals (:wtc:), and looks like he might go again:
http://www.nationalswa.com/TheTeam/FederalElectionCandidates/DavidWirrpanda.aspx
No worse than what Wilson Tuckey did.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
For those who don't know, before being a Liberal Party MP for thirty years Wilson Tuckey was a publican and assaulted an indigenous man with a length of steel cable while patrons held the man down on the ground. Tuckey proudly embraced the resulting nickname of "ironbar" for his entire tenure in federal parliament.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

For those who don't know, before being a Liberal Party MP for thirty years Wilson Tuckey was a publican and assaulted an indigenous man with a length of steel cable while patrons held the man down on the ground. Tuckey proudly embraced the resulting nickname of "ironbar" for his entire tenure in federal parliament.

I was just about to mention this about Tuckey. Hence why I don't hold high hopes for Wirrapanda getting a real look in as a Nationals candidate in WA, even though he'd probably be an infinitely better member of parliament than that c-hunt Tuckey.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

well des hedland ran for the palmer united party

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

and didnt shaun hart run for the nationals as well?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-01/morabitos-afl-future-in-doubt

Morabito has gone OS to get his bone bruising sorted out, I get the feeling he won't wear purple again and the club are just trying to look after his long-term health. If he does come good by the end of the year, he might get rookied, or just find some form in the WAFL, I couldn't see another club wanting to gamble on him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I knew Wilson Tuckey was a weapons-grade fuckwit, but I did not know that was how he got his nickname.

How did they manage to sweep that under the carpet? Why didn't Labour bring it up anytime Tuckey tried to do anything?

sorry for the politics chat.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Reminder about tipping, as we have another Thursday night game this week

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I knew Wilson Tuckey was a weapons-grade fuckwit, but I did not know that was how he got his nickname.

How did they manage to sweep that under the carpet? Why didn't Labour bring it up anytime Tuckey tried to do anything?

sorry for the politics chat.

Because the sort of people that voted for Tuckey did so because of the beating incident, not in spite of it

quote:

Reminder about tipping, as we have another Thursday night game this week

Where have these wonderful things been all year

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Where have these wonderful things been all year

Under the next rights agreement with TV, the AFL is looking to have 10 Thursday night games a year.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Spedman posted:

Under the next rights agreement with TV, the AFL is looking to have 10 Thursday night games a year.

Can I convince them to go to 15?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Thursday night games aren't a bad thing but I wonder about the logistics of scheduling them without bye rounds to help with the spacing, with only one game on Friday that's going to mean a lot more 5 day breaks for clubs.

I haven't done any more stupid poo poo with charts and graphs today, although I've been working up a fake fixture generator that creates a 34 week season :v: to mess around with the mythical balanced draw.

(Never mind that a 34 week season would KILL people because it's so long and would have to start as soon as the new year kicks off to have the home and away season done by the end of August.)

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
A Thursday game every week, I say.

^ Yeah that's a good point. I'm sure they could sort it out though, make sure that fixturing takes a minimum break time into account.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 1, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Some of us have to get up early Friday morning, though.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have to get up early every morning so I love them

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I rarely get up before 11 so I love them

EDIT: On a more serious note I think an extra bye round next year is a very good idea anyway. Less player time lost to injury, easier to schedule Thursday night games, lower risk of spectator fatigue, and it will make the players happy which apparently has become a bit of an issue.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 1, 2015

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm still trying to recover from the shock of buddy and Kurt only getting a week each. What happened to the potential to cause injury clause? How the hell was franklin's not intentional??? I'm so confused.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So are the MRP... At their jobs.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

(Never mind that a 34 week season would KILL people because it's so long and would have to start as soon as the new year kicks off to have the home and away season done by the end of August.)
It would be doable only if you halved the length of the games imo

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

It would be doable only if you halved the length of the games imo

How many games do we need to remove the last 20 seconds

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Jake King's Zorg haircut on Marngrook is doing my head in. He's quite insightful though which is interesting.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Was borrowing some old cassets and LPs from dad, came across these:

Hopefully that second one has Kernahan singing.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Haha one tape is a quarter. How far we've come in such little relative time.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

drunkill posted:

Was borrowing some old cassets and LPs from dad, came across these:

Hopefully that second one has Kernahan singing.
drat this is awesome. You should tweet this poo poo at Russ Jackson, he laps up the nostalgia stuff

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That's Harley gone then.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
^^^ :stare: :ughh:

Diet Crack posted:

Haha one tape is a quarter. How far we've come in such little relative time.

Yeah, it's amazing what can be done tod:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Testekill posted:

That's Harley gone then.

Is that the first time the Suns have gotten the front page of the Courier Mail?

• Locked thread