Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not sure why you guys are like ganging up on me. I've been fairly active in this game and doing my best to hunt scum and make cases. I'm allowed to bitch when I'm getting wrongly voted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not sure why you guys are like ganging up on me. I've been fairly active in this game and doing my best to hunt scum and make cases. I'm allowed to bitch when I'm getting wrongly voted.

Posts like this make me pretty sure you are town but at the same time you can't get all bent out of shape every time you get a handful of votes. Like in mafia there is always some poor innocent town person getting lots of votes. Getting super defensive mainly gets people to vote you even more.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Sure, but dont take it personally. It's the whole point of the game, so if you're not enjoying that then you're probably not get much enjoyment from mafia in general.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*long farting noise into elbow*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

God I don't know Ecoobelle, D2 is still so early to really play the game but for you I will produce some scum tonight.

my computer clock says it is tomorrow morning posted:

:v:

Would vote Hal. Would vote Anon if she doesn't request a replacement (and might vote the replacement anyway though).

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Kumba how do you feel about Hal? There's not much there but what is there is interesting to say the least.

i forgot to answer this. i will reuse a post from earlier this game

Kumbamontu posted:

my feelings on derp Hal so far this game can be summed up by "meh"

derp Hal who do you think is the scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

*long farting noise into elbow*

We're not on the talent portion yet

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like casing Asiina. But I'm not on a computer so :effort:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

:shrug:

I'm still fine with my ANarc vote. I don't buy that appeal to emotion as making her town. I'm sorry that she rolled scum and got caught out, but them's the breaks. I think she is absolutely the right choice today and I don't see it moving.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So what makes a female pig go so crazy over truffles?

The musky aroma is similar to that of a potential mate’s pheromone, so strong and recognizable to the snout, that even though buried deep inside the ground, the pigs still manage to find them. The smell to the pig, in essence, leads to a male and . . . well, you get the idea, so in order to prevent the eager pigs from devouring the culinary prizes, they must be kept on strong rope leashes so that the trifolau (or truffle hunter) can take over and carefully harvest them before they are damaged or eaten.
Pigs, for the most part, have now been replaced with trained truffle dogs. Unlike their truffle sniffing counterparts, dogs are not as inclined to eat their find.
In the US, white truffles are found in the wild in Oregon. There are two methods of finding the prized delicacies – first, by using trained truffle dogs to locate them or second, by gently raking around the base of fir trees until the truffles become visible. The latter method is a bit risky as the truffle hunter may cause damage to the harvest.
Oregon whites have gained in popularity and are now fully recognized in the culinary world as being almost, if not entirely, equal in taste to their Italian counterparts. Even though far less expensive than their European mates, the Oregonian truffles still reach into the thousands of dollars per pound, and it is projected that if Oregon keeps up its current truffle rate, the industry is on course to bring in billions in truffle revenue to the state.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote anarc

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I didn't realize deadline was tonight.

I'm don't think I see Narco as scum but I'm at a loss for what else to do. Maybe it's Opop? It could be Opop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

So what makes a female pig go so crazy over truffles?

The musky aroma is similar to that of a potential mate’s pheromone, so strong and recognizable to the snout, that even though buried deep inside the ground, the pigs still manage to find them. The smell to the pig, in essence, leads to a male and . . . well, you get the idea, so in order to prevent the eager pigs from devouring the culinary prizes, they must be kept on strong rope leashes so that the trifolau (or truffle hunter) can take over and carefully harvest them before they are damaged or eaten.
Pigs, for the most part, have now been replaced with trained truffle dogs. Unlike their truffle sniffing counterparts, dogs are not as inclined to eat their find.
In the US, white truffles are found in the wild in Oregon. There are two methods of finding the prized delicacies – first, by using trained truffle dogs to locate them or second, by gently raking around the base of fir trees until the truffles become visible. The latter method is a bit risky as the truffle hunter may cause damage to the harvest.
Oregon whites have gained in popularity and are now fully recognized in the culinary world as being almost, if not entirely, equal in taste to their Italian counterparts. Even though far less expensive than their European mates, the Oregonian truffles still reach into the thousands of dollars per pound, and it is projected that if Oregon keeps up its current truffle rate, the industry is on course to bring in billions in truffle revenue to the state.

Now I'm reading the wiki entry on why they can't just grow the drat things on farms. The answer is they can but people prefer to keep them expensive so they don't bother.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Because I said you were suspicious?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Somberbrero posted:

I didn't realize deadline was tonight.

This is indeed important to note.

DEADLINE IS TONIGHT because of Canadians.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

loving Canadians

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I cased Asiina here which no one even responded to except her.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I cased Asiina here which no one even responded to except her.

I missed that, its a good case.

I believe in you now.

##vote Asiina

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think Pig is pretending to agree with that case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

I think Pig is pretending to agree with that case.

Thats what you get for thinking scum.

Seriously, she's right this is a scummy asiina.

Probably scumbuds with F-V and Kumba

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Nevermind, he's not pretending. He made the exact same case earlier, no wonder he agreed with it that fast

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Because I said you were suspicious?

you haven't made a single vote this game, i think you're just floating through the game. your suspicion on me is the only post you've made that comes close to scumhunting.

##vote opopanax

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i really don't agree with narco's case. it looks like she came up with her conclusion before she started making the case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

i really don't agree with narco's case. it looks like she came up with her conclusion before she started making the case.

Nah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm straight up not going to vote one of the more active and engaged players in the game based on that case.

1. What do you mean 'contrived?' in what way? Why do her posts about movies and tv have anything to do with her later casing? this is exactly the same kind of behavior you accuse asiina of later in the case. you can't complain about her chatting and then be suspicious when she starts casing. plenty of people made posts that had nothing to do with the game, what is more suspicious about asiina?

2. that's not an omgus. zyzzx admitted he misread that post, iirc.

3. 'wrong therefore scum?'

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is Asiina even that active or engaged?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

comparatively.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

also that's a weird way to not engage the content of my post.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

i'm straight up not going to vote one of the more active and engaged players in the game based on that case.

1. What do you mean 'contrived?' in what way? Why do her posts about movies and tv have anything to do with her later casing? this is exactly the same kind of behavior you accuse asiina of later in the case. you can't complain about her chatting and then be suspicious when she starts casing. plenty of people made posts that had nothing to do with the game, what is more suspicious about asiina?

2. that's not an omgus. zyzzx admitted he misread that post, iirc.

3. 'wrong therefore scum?'

1. When she first started posting she was perfectly okay with bullshitting around about movies and stuff. She only started content posting when MMM called out Ecco for bs posting. Seems to me like she was trying to avoid getting the same rap.

2. How is not OMGUS when zyzzx said he would vote Asiina and then she voted for him?

3. This wasn't really part of the case I was just responding to something she said.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. When she first started posting she was perfectly okay with bullshitting around about movies and stuff. She only started content posting when MMM called out Ecco for bs posting. Seems to me like she was trying to avoid getting the same rap.

2. How is not OMGUS when zyzzx said he would vote Asiina and then she voted for him?

3. This wasn't really part of the case I was just responding to something she said.

1. you mean she was joking around at the start of the game and then got serious? it's almost like there's a certain part of the early game that people take less seriously. some kind of phase, but only for jesting.

2. context

sorry but even taking your case at face value it's just too weak.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm way more confident in opop. narco is trying and i'm not sure i see the case. would someone restate it for me?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i already restated it yesterday

clicky

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i will look at opop.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm done already. there wasn't much to look at. i think it's weird he calls things weird instead of calling them scummy (the irony of his sentence is intentional, shut up), but that's about all I got.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm done already. there wasn't much to look at. i think it's weird he calls things weird instead of calling them scummy (the irony of his sentence is intentional, shut up), but that's about all I got.

kind of exactly my point, that's all he's got.

reading your narco post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well okay, i was mostly reading her in the context of wrong but town. i see your point though with that late lurker callout and i forgot she put you at -2 in that context.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why does a "late lurker call out" matter? I was looking at how many people we had around and was worried we wouldn't have enough to get a lynch. I noticed opop hadn't been around p much at all and I commented on it. I don't see why that's scummy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here's the thing about me putting kumba at -2. Clearly other people saw him as scummy enough to vote him. For a day 1 vote that I was unsure of, kumba was as good for me as derp.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ANarc's case is completely awful.

A bunch of us were joking around but then derp posted this

uranus posted:

this game is beyond saving already. what has happened to mafia

which is why I responded with my post. All those other posts happened while I was rereading the thread to see if anything had stood out to me as scummy. That's why if you actually look at my original post with the quotes still intact I quoted the last three posters and not anyone who came afterwards, since I knew they were around and wanted to try to jumpstart the game but hadn't previewed to see that new posts had appeared. It's also why I start the post with "No we can save it!" I was directly responding to the last post I had read.

It had nothing to do with MMM voting for Ecco.

So again why is trying to make content and end jokephase scummy?

Also just because she keeps saying OMGUS, doesn't make it so. I said I had suspicions about zzyzx, who then finally comes into the thread and says

zzyzx posted:

I was thinking the same, watching Ecco latch onto Somber's case - which, IIRC, is basically just derp having the third vote on MMM - in a way that Somber's case really didn't warrant. Of everyone around I'd probably be most comfortable voting Ecco or Asiina.

Ecco points out that this is a misrepresentation of what Ecco did, and she explains it well, but then zzyzx responds by voting for her "because they're tied". He never explained why he thought I was suspicious other than the fact that I had mentioned him, and I thought his vote for Ecco was bad, so I voted. It has nothing to do with OMGUS and could not be mistaken for such when you actually look at the entire conversation and don't just press the ? button.

What is so :ironicat: about ANarc using this argument as proof of scumminess is that her reason for putting Kumba at -2 on D1 was

Hey gently caress it I'll vote kumba since he won't get off my dick.

##vote kumba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Here's the thing about me putting kumba at -2. Clearly other people saw him as scummy enough to vote him. For a day 1 vote that I was unsure of, kumba was as good for me as derp.

This is an insane argument and you made it before. You're still not even saying if you agreed with their reasons for thinking he was scummy, just that other people had reason so therefore that justified your vote for him because he had mentioned you.

Reminder he wasn't even tunneling you then, one of the last things he said was

Kumbamontu posted:

what is there to say about AN? I think the pig joke was forced then.. there's not really anything. there's a post about derp scum-claiming and a half-assed read of fv. there's not a case to make other than the one i already made

• Locked thread