Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mornacale posted:

6/29/2015

Woke up along with 13 others, all displaying erratic behavior, looking for 3.5 scum in our midst. (13+1=14 14/4=3.5) It was already apparent that the hardest part was going to be looking past the group's odd behaviors to find their alignment.

7 people were already voting for each other by the time I got to the common room, and I originally couldn't tell if anyone's votes were something besides jokes. It looked like the only one that might be for real is Somberbrero, probably doing what I have seen him do in 5-8 games before. Tremendous Taste had 2 votes, 2/7=0.2857~=0.29*100=29% of the vote total.

We knew from our win condition that the 3.5 scum are staff, hiding among us. Does that mean they aren't crazy like the rest of us, and they have to pretend to be crazy? But Rule #1 seems to say that every person (14 people) has a post restriction, so I guess this line of speculation is useless.

You emanate a sinister AURA.

You are EMPTY!

##vote Mornacale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
At some point, I even picked up a vote. I remember thinking, "why? what makes me stand out from the rest?" I'm still not sure why jon joe picked me, 1 out of 14, take the 1 out of 14 and you have 4, or you have 14-1=13 (prime, can't get 0 in modular arithmetic unless your modulus is 13 itself), 1+3=4, take the 1 out either way you get the same result, isn't that funny? Obviously works with any number between 10 and 20 but not inclusive, 10-1=9, 10-10=0, 9!=0, not inclusive, only {x; 10<x<20}. So that's settled.

Sometime around then, Somber claimed staff. Staff! We were told the 3.5 staff were out to get us, but then if I were 1 of 3.5 then I wouldn't reveal it. Unless that's what he wanted me to think? But I like his
    p
    o
    e
    m
    s
count the lines count the syllables everything in its place very nicely and very nice Serious Somber (s s = 2, but actually 3 s's, and now 44 total here, 44=11*4=2^2(10^1+10^0) 4+4=8, 2^2+2^2=2^3!!!). No, I think it was clear even at the time that voting based on such a claim was the easy way out, not to mention clearly ignorant of the numerical facts, so I didn't see any other option than to ##vote Kleedrac in turn.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Day 1.2

Come and put your name on it
Put your name on it
Your name
Bet you wanna put your name on it
Put your name on it
Ba-ba-baby

It's not even my birthday
But he want to lick the icing off
I know you want it in the worst way
Can't wait to blow my candles out

Makes you think.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll... Have to consult with Merk privately on this issue.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I trust somber right now and Merks post restriction is dumb and I hate it

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I trust somber right now and Merks post restriction is dumb and I hate it

~come on you IDIOT do you think anyone is gonna buy that bullshit!?! Merks gimmick is awesome and you have NO IDEA what somber is doing you IDIOT rear end in a top hat aUGGGH gently caress YOU MC_ED

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Taste i just want you to know I could absolutely not give the slightest fig about your thoughts on somber and merk

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Taste i just want you to know I could absolutely not give the slightest fig about your thoughts on somber and merk

GODdamnit! Why do you have to pretend like you're so cool and you don't give a poo poo you DUMB fucker

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

While I try to remain relatively removed from such matters, I find it difficult to parse their manners of speaking. I can't say I wish to remove them from the equation for said reasons, but I worry we might have to.

As far as somber's claimed position, I think it's not a slip. He's a bright man, Mr. Brero, and I've got faith in him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree, I see The Light in him and would not wish him harm.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Somber effectively scum claimed and I think you guys need to eat something - you aren't thinking clearly and that happens to me when I'm hungry. Like have a snickers or something!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kleedrac posted:

Somber effectively scum claimed and I think you guys need to eat something - you aren't thinking clearly and that happens to me when I'm hungry. Like have a snickers or something!

Or SOMETHING.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
code:
there aren't that manymanymanymanymanymanymany characters in

-> one flew ->

over the cuckoo's nest

it makes sense some r
                  o   s
                   l e

would be dezirdomnar

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Somberbrero posted:

code:

-> one flew ->

over the cuckoo's nest

it makes sense some r
                  o   s
                   l e

would be dezirdomnar

My issue with your post is that you didn't claim that your flavor was staff - you claimed that you were staff. You must be lynched! Though perhaps after supper - we've still got time and I'm excited for supper already - I'm thinking of BBQ'ing some sausages :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kleedrac posted:

My issue with your post is that you didn't claim that your flavor was staff - you claimed that you were staff. You must be lynched! Though perhaps after supper - we've still got time and I'm excited for supper already - I'm thinking of BBQ'ing some sausages :)

Please don't be so vulgar.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I worry that our attention to NOTHING

is causing SOMETHING

to be HIDDEN.

We are BOUND.

Why be BLIND?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Asiina does not wish us to be VULGAR.

This is all she WISHES.

Or does she wish for MORE?

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

##vote Asiina

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

code:

-> one flew ->

over the cuckoo's nest

it makes sense some r
                  o   s
                   l e

would be dezirdomnar

Matey, on this ship, staff isn't a role, it's an alignment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Asiina does not wish us to be VULGAR.

This is all she WISHES.

Or does she wish for MORE?

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

##vote Asiina

Sir, how could I be empty when I have the Light of Almighty God to fill me?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I agree, anyone who doesn't marvel at the sight of the Titanic being destroyed is completely empty.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Sir, how could I be empty when I have the Light of Almighty God to fill me?

I have seen GOD.

He has not seen YOU.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (2): Max, Kleedrac
Asiina (2): SirSamVimes, jon joe
Tremendous Taste (1): jon joe, Hal Incandenza, jon joe
merk (1): HiipFire
jon joe (1): Somberbrero
Opopanax (1): Asiina
Kleedrac (1): Mornacale
MC Eating Disorder (0): Max, Max
Mornacale (0): jon joe, jon joe

Not Voting (5): EXAKT Science, MC Eating Disorder, merk, Opopanax, Tremendous Taste

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 01st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Day 1.3.

Day is stagnant, trapped in its own control of language.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If we are stagnant, then there is a higher chance of developing diseases and germs out here on the water, and THAT CANNOT HAPPEN.

But just saying things are stagnant doesn't really add much to this already festering discussion merk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think this will be a difficult venture, as things are currently. But we must press on, and learn from what we may.

##vote JJ

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i haven't been around much the last few days, i've been... busy...

i like we should vote to fookin guy who came out of the gate hard with a seriousvote for jon joe in jokephase. ##vote Somber. choose life.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm leaving in about 15 minutes and then probably won't be back before deadline.

I'll try to check in on my phone.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): Max, Kleedrac, EXAKT Science
jon joe (2): Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste
Asiina (2): SirSamVimes, jon joe
Tremendous Taste (1): jon joe, Hal Incandenza, jon joe
merk (1): HiipFire
Opopanax (1): Asiina
Kleedrac (1): Mornacale
MC Eating Disorder (0): Max, Max
Mornacale (0): jon joe, jon joe

Not Voting (3): MC Eating Disorder, merk, Opopanax

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 01st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours.
We've got 9 hours to deadline (and six hours to our Canada Day BBQ with ribs, hot dogs, and most importantly HAMBURGERS!) I'm hoping you guys have had enough to eat and will see that Somberbrero was the only scum to make a slip up and we should lynch him immediately.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello friends
it seems this may be the end
to be honest i'm grateful
for my restriction is hateful
when i plif town
i hope you put kleedrac

d
o
w
n

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote kleedrac

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk, I know you like to stay silent on my ship and just do your job. That's usually fine, but could you explain to our crew why you don't have a problem with Somb's staff claim?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Miller

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who gets a scum PM and goes to the thread with "hey guys I got a scum PM?" He is trying to make a Miller claim in the spirit of his PR.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not a killer.
I am not a miller.

##vote kleedrac

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not a killer.
I am not a miller.

##vote kleedrac

There goes the miller theory, Mr. merk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Who gets a scum PM and goes to the thread with "hey guys I got a scum PM?" He is trying to make a Miller claim in the spirit of his PR.

I've done pretty much exactly that before. Some people make mistakes. Even young, muscular people like Somber

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The guy making this post does not believe somb is scum for the staff thing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well sure I'm a nurse,
But others are worse
Like any bastard who'd force
Someone to speak only in verse.

actually wait, this may be less than necessary, dig? i can work around this like the cool ^cat^ i am, chief. so lissen up, daddy-o. at least one of your fine foxes is a brother to me. y'see i mean, one of yous or yous is also a nurse and also town like me, check it? so let's clear this up now before the fuzz gets on my case.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

merk posted:

##vote kleedrac

merk posted:

Miller

merk posted:

Is this supposed to be a case?! In what universe is it considered scummy to try to hang the dude with at best the worst miller claim in history and at best an actual scumclaim. You need to go have a snickers cause you're not you when you're hungry! Is anyone else looking at this series of posts and thinking "scumteam trying to save one of their own?"

Somberbrero posted:

Well sure I'm a nurse,
But others are worse
Like any bastard who'd force
Someone to speak only in verse.

actually wait, this may be less than necessary, dig? i can work around this like the cool ^cat^ i am, chief. so lissen up, daddy-o. at least one of your fine foxes is a brother to me. y'see i mean, one of yous or yous is also a nurse and also town like me, check it? so let's clear this up now before the fuzz gets on my case.

It should be noted that I really dig your PR and how you've done it - you deserve a cake in your honor. But in the fun day one the best we have is you followed by one of the lurkers - and in this game I could see the lurkers being people with difficult PR's as opposed to lurking scum this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
07/01/2015

Missed a day, but everyone knows that family visitation day is more important than even these events. There wasn't much to say, anyway, only 33 posts since my last writing. I kept trying to convince everyone that Kleedrac was 1 of 3.5 and we had to vote for them, and at least merk eventually listened. Though apparently he thought Somber was a miller, and that wasn't so at all, haha.

Honestly, I didn't like EXAKT's vote on that bandwagon either. It seemed time to resurrect momentum toward him with a deadline impending, and added a really bad reasoning for it. I told the group I'd be happy voting him as well as Kleedrac.

• Locked thread